The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Former Striker To Mike Ashley – Sell Up Or Do It Properly

5:31 pm, Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 204 Comments

Former Newcastle striker Mick Quinn doesn’t exactly hold back when he writes for the Chronicle – and he says what he thinks.

Mick has hit the nail on the head and thinks that if Mike Ashley is not going to sell up (he’s not) then the very least he can do is to bring in a top manager to save us from another desperate fight with relegation and possible (probably?) relegation to the Championship.

Mike Ashley – bring in a top manager

We have started the season the way we finished last season and in our last 25 Premier League games we have only three wins.

🙁 🙁 🙁

To be truthful, we haven’t seen that much improvement with Newcastle being so inconsistent it’s ridiculous and our defense has looked as bad as it’s looked all year.

John Carver won three games in 19 league games for a win rate of 15.8% and so far Steve McClaren has won two games in 14 for a win rate of 14.3%.

In the last two games we have conceded eight goals and the only reason it wasn’t more was that the opposition missed a number of other chances to score.

Yes – it’s that bad.

This is what Mick Quinn has said:

“Something has to give.” “I would never advocate relegation but I don’t know whether getting relegated would see Ashley sell up.”

“I don’t want to talk like that because if you go down this year you might never come back.”

“They’re heading that way unless they discover some fight. I just wish he would either sell up or do it properly.”

“And by doing it properly I mean getting a manager with a big reputation who is given some power to do it their way.”

“Everything about the club’s approach needs to change.”

So far this season is becoming as big a disaster as last season – and that was a complete nightmare for Newcastle fans.

And we haven’t heard a single word from upper management at the club after Saturday’s second disaster in a row – not a thing.

Tags: Financial Fair Play · Financials · Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League · Press

204 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Ashley Out!

• 2 Thump // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:35 PM

We’ve been saying that for years, Mick. Glad you’ve finally twigged on.

• 3 BandB // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:37 PM

For too many of our disgruntled players, the quickest way out of the club is through the trapdoor.
    I bet Sissoko could have murdered Jonas back in May 🙂

• 4 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Team v Liverpool:

Janmaat Coloccini Dummett Mbabu

Sissoko Anita Thauvin

Perez Riviere

And think if Riviere improved his finishing, he’d be a decent player.

That is a strongest team available.

• 5 Ron Knee // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:51 PM

For me, the enigma on the ‘Board’ is Carr. Charmless and Moncur come across as yes-men but doesn’t Carr have that history of resigning some years ago and Ashley begging him to come back?

Surely he’s in strong position vis-à-vis Ashley. If so, why doesn’t he speak out more? He must see the Plan is a disaster.

• 6 toon kk // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Trouble is Mash only knows how to run SD, its made him a fortune running cheap sell for profit affordable tat. Well we’ve become the same, he’s provides affordable football for gullible fans. It may not be quality but its still football.
    He may have spent big last summer, but resale value was still put first and our shoddy defence was for what ever reason overlooked.

• 7 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Wonderful to see you back Ketsy mate. That is an incredibly silly lineup @4. This is the kind of humour we’re expecting from you. Put Marveaux in the lineup at this point? Never going to happen. Darlow in goal? Not a chance. Riviere and Thauvin in right now? No. It’s going to be difficult at best against Liverpool with the most senior players we can manage to field. Mitrovic has to be in there to give us any chance of winning high balls up front. Colback will start if healthy. Personally I would have pulled Colo out several games ago but now Lascelles is injured and I don’t trust Willo. If desperate enough McLaren could try Dummett beside Mbemba and Mbabu on the left if Haidara still isn’t available. A solid 4-4-2 is the best we can manage. We’re too weak to play 4-3-3 right now and 4-5-1 won’t give us a chance in attack as we don’t link up well enough. Sad days…..

• 8 toon kk // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:55 PM

we haven’t a strongest team available, we have poor available teams

• 9 BandB // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Pure hunch….
    I think, in his remit, he is closer to being Ashley’s personal Factor than he is to being a scout for Newcastle United.

• 10 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:58 PM

First the new manager should tell Ashley to stay completely out of it. Hide in your castle and keep your cake hole shut. Then bring in 2 good CB’s in January. Follow that up with a solid pacy winger and an AM we can count on. Oh and a top striker. Don’t worry, shouldn’t cost more than another 70M Ash. Oh and these won’t be little kids from France Mike so forget the foreign 25 and under bollocks. We’re in desperate trouble. We will need experienced players to get out of it.

• 11 JamesToon // Dec 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Might seem a bit suicidle but I’d actually play this team v Liverpool:

De Jong-Tiote-Wijnaldum

No doubt Cisse will start again just cos of his one goal

• 12 hibbitt // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM

ket ‘s how on earth is that the strongest team first off coloccini is in it….. marveaux / riviere are not match fit and the step over king was a waste of 12m would rather have kept cabella had a bit more about him then this guy……. liverpool would over run this lot stick to football manager

• 13 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I just wish Pardew would have walked three seasons ago it would have saved three humiliating years of record breaking results and hidings, we might be three seasons closer to getting rid of him, he’d be a few million lighter with SD shareholders on his case and we wouldn’t have that shower down the road holding up all six fingers on their left hands every time they see us !

• 14 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Wouldn’t it be lovely to see Ashley lose his entire investment mates? A fool and his money soon parted! Yes Ashley you fool, you are your own worst enemy. Greedy to a fault and as thick as two short planks when it comes to football.

• 15 BandB // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:06 PM

I think the eight year contract was Ashley’s personal assurance to Pardew that he wouldn’t get sacked if he accidentally overdid the steering us away from Europe project.

• 16 Ron Knee // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:11 PM

And then you wake up!

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I suggested to my pals that Pardew was awarded that eight year contract because he’d threatened to walk, I was told I was being far fetched, what do you think ?

• 18 Laurent Robert The Legend // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Why can’t all just boycott the Liverpool game..mark our lowest attendence if any..and continue doing so until things change for the good…

• 19 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Is De Jong fit enough yet? Should he be given a run in the team to find out if he can still play at this level? Surely we have to find out or get rid of. Why keep a player like Riviere? Send him packing. There are several others in the squad. What a disaster. No defense to speak of at this stage. Fed up with it. Bury your head in your hands Ashley you fool. Fire yourself, your idiot friend Charnley and Charnley’s pick as manager McLaren. Then never show your face in Newcastle again.

• 20 toon kk // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Tbh Pardew blinded the majority of fans, many thought we had a good badly managed team.
    I’m not saying he wasn’t too blame for certain idea’s but MA and a poor team hid behind him.
    Now we’re seeing what Pards knew.

• 21 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Aye Ron Knee mate @16. Wake up to the same old disaster. At least I don’t see the old Ashley lovers on here nowadays. They seem to be in permanent hiding for some reason. 😆

• 22 BandB // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Every inexplicable thing has an explanation.
    In Dracula, somebody says to Van Helsing “You’ll be saying something flew in here and just suck the blood out of her, next?”
    Van Helsing says, “Have you got a better explanation?”

I think, as I said, it was a reassurance he wouldn’t be sacked if we dropped into mid table or lower, never to trouble those beastly Euro Cups again.

• 23 Jib // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM

B and B

• 24 Ron Knee // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:21 PM

This writer is suggesting two relegations might see us rid of the parasite:

• 25 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Colback and Dummett need to be the first players out in January. They are useless.

• 26 BandB // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:23 PM

That’s the official explanation, yes.
    From Llambias.
    With added credibility given by you.

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:27 PM

It depends what you want, if you want a relegation struggle year after year or reaching safety before diving straight back in to normal service of relegation form then Pardew in charge of us was your man,if we can’t have a manager who’ll demand wholesale change, personally I’d rather be where we are now with a quick and merciful slide than the slow painful one we’ll suffer with a semi competent yes man doing Ashleys dirty work !

• 28 hibbitt // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:32 PM

bit like yourself kets rubbish

• 29 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Kets @25

Every player we have has been useless, the only time they manage to play good football is when they have moved of from Newcastle.

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:33 PM

It’s very unlike you to class a club statement as baloney, have your eyes been finally opened by our recent implosion ?

• 31 Tsunki // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:33 PM

You’re correct, Ray- oh, that story is baloney. You notice it features a contract that optimistically supposes Carr will actually live to see the end of ? Hmmm. And the guy with all the ‘ we reward ambition’ talk, where is he now? Hmmm#2. Yep, that is a supposition story right there. I think the maths has been worked in reverse on this one. “Pards got an 8 year deal – it must have been because…” (rummage through ideas bag for plausible reasons).

• 32 Ron Knee // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I’m assuming we’ll be in the Championship next season. I wonder how we’ll fare? Will we have a new manager and a team of new faces?

The January transfer window should be a good indication of the Slug’s intentions for us.

• 33 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:38 PM

We have no room for any more addition and will have to rely on Penfold and Carr to sell some of the dead wood before spending on new players.

It’s the relying on Penfold and Carr that has me worried.

• 34 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:40 PM

It’s all sad speculation leading nowhere. Personally I think if we lose the next two matches in resounding fashion McLaren is gone. Either he walks away or he’s sacked. Then it’s up to the remaining idiots in charge to come up with someone better and listen to what he says. We’re in the same desperate place Sunderland is in but they are listening to Big Sam and he’ll get them out of it. But only to struggle again next season. 😆 Ashley, this is truly your last chance. Do it right or leave. (I know he’s not listening mates but we still have to try don’t we?)

• 35 Jib // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:41 PM

B and B

Tsunki has you sussed .

“Yep, that is a supposition story right there. I think the maths has been worked in reverse on this one. “Pards got an 8 year deal – it must have been because…” (rummage through ideas bag for plausible reasons).”

• 36 optimistic prime // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:42 PM

I think we’d get battered in the championship, no way we’d come straight back up.

We’ve a few players of that standard who’d be alright and sending Sammy etc on loan will stand them in good stead.

Interested to see how Neville does, I’d have taken him here.

• 37 optimistic prime // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:43 PM

If that happens it’s Colo player coach until the summer

• 38 Ron Knee // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:45 PM

You’re right. Is Ashley desperate enough to change the plan or will he accept relegation as inevitable?

• 39 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:45 PM

I agree mate, I said earlier that we are league 1 standard at best the way we have performed.

If Newcastle had offered Neville the job he would still be hiding under the table in the foetus position whimpering.

• 40 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM

After Ashley’s TV cameo last year, I recall saying that a leopard never changes it’s spots, and I don’t see Ashley making me out to be a liar anytime soon.

Same old same old.

• 41 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:52 PM

It could be optimate. But Colo hasn’t really shown any leadership qualities at all. He’s far too quiet to be a player/coach. He’s finished as a player in the Prem and he knows it I suspect. The only club who would have him is us. Keeping him as captain is laughable at best. To be having to start over building a squad is beyond belief but that’s where we are and what we face mate.

• 42 optimistic prime // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Maybe he could have brought Beckham to shout at Colo 😉

• 43 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Ashley looks an even bigger fool now after that TV cameo in the summer firebug mate. I wonder how he feels about that? Everyone is laughing at him yet again. The absolute drivel about winning something would be hilarious if it wasn’t happening to us. Ashley definitely has a future in comedy. Come on Mike give us another statement about the club. We can’t wait.

• 44 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Maybe, but as Captain Colo is Ashley’s eyes and ears at the club I don’t think shouting at him is allowed. 🙂

I do think he is Ashley’s “Mr Informer”, as I can see no other reason for him still to be here, and getting all the game time.

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Does speaking out against the policies of the Kim dynasty make a Korean a traitor or an heroic patriot.

• 46 optimistic prime // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:00 PM

The writings been on the wall for years, no guff from Ashley was going to change it.

I’d rather we went down than this crap every year, I’d still be a fan and it would make no difference to me but it may urge the slug to sell or duck off once we’ve been there a while.

• 47 optimistic prime // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Eyes and ears?

Does he even speak English?

• 48 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM

You echoed one of my posts this morning, Ashley has embarrassed himself big time, his only saving grace is he can blame the idiots he supposedly left in charge of the club for the mess we are in, but then these words…. “Where does the buck stop? My Door!” will come back to haunt his fat ass.

• 49 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I think they communicate in £££££££. Or is that value pound for pound.

• 50 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM

They’re a disgrace. Coloccini, Janmaat and Anita are the best players at the club.

• 51 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Big mistake getting rid of Santon, Abeid and Ben Arfa.

• 52 Our Toon // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Toon KK

This is what you get when you go for poor British managers, pardew has managed to get palace to 7th but we all know how much he loves the 2nd half of the season. Fat Sam said against palace all we have to do is get 10 men behind the ball stop the 2 wingers and Sunderland would win. He’s hardly a tactical genius, funny that we completely ignored that though.

Currently British managers occupy 19th, 18th, 17th, 16th, 15th, 13th, 12th and 7th

Fat Sam has took over a team Dick struggled with so I won’t count that but Garde took over from the next hype named Sherwood. Simple answer is if you want players to be coached properly bring in a foreign manager, we have a team of internationals and a manager who failed his country with the golden generation after Sven. Were the players to blame for his short comings then?

Were the players to blame at Derby, Palace etc? No they weren’t so let’s not make excuses for the bloke, he needed to work on the defence, organisation etc in pre season but f***ed about with playing Bigi and Ferguson etc. Watford aren’t blessed with a great defence but they are organised to a man. Lack of discipline in shape etc is by playing players out of position.

Wijinaldum on the wing when he doesn’t do much tracking back and they are strongest down the wings, what a joker for even thinking that’s the best way to go. Cisse scored and did very well but how much trouble did he case by not holding the ball up? McClaren has no clue at all, tactically or motivational skills.

• 53 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Cabella seems better than Thauvin. What is joke decision. It just makes me realise how good Laurent Robert and Ginola were.

• 54 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:13 PM

It’s beyond ridiculous now Ashley. Surely a man who has made billions can recognize that and realize it’s time to sell up. If not I think he really does have to be forced out. With protests and an empty ground. I’ve been saying it for years now and I’ll continue to say it.

• 55 Ketsbaia9 // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:17 PM

All we had to do was keep Ben Arfa, Cabella and Abeid and sign someone like Leroy Fer. We’d be mid-table at least by now.

• 56 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Our Toon,
    You’re leaving yourself open to criticism now about Pardew and the second half of the season, don’t you think it’s time to stop laying the blame on the wearer of silly glasses, there is every chance he will guide Palace to an FA cup semi or final and a top eight finish.

• 57 Tsunki // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM

I know how this will sound in my head but you know, Ketsy does have a point. Kind of.

• 58 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Benny had stopped working hard Ketsy. I loved watching him when he first came to us be he gave up on the club (probably with some help from Pardew). Cabella might be a good player in a strong squad. I’m not sure because we don’t have a strong squad. To me they never gave Abeid enough of a chance but he was never going to be a world beater. Now we need good solid signings of experienced players. Not more little kiddies who are excited about their wages and how much they can afford to spend on clothes and hair cuts. I don’t think Ashley and co. are up to it. End of story for me. The club is knackered until Ashley leaves. Plain and simple.

• 59 Tsunki // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Ray I think you know I was talking about the article writer lazily building his non story from Supposition. You just seem to lap up everything your search results pour onto you. it’s why you get so many things wildly and embarrassingly wrong. Ray.

• 60 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Personally I agree we should have kept Ben Arfa, Cabella and Abied, at least they would have had a go, well not so much Cabella, but he liked to get into the opposition half.

We just don’t seem to use any of our players properly.

Tin hat time.

• 61 Average_Contents // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Well said big mick.

Honest as usual laaaaa

Oops, the scouse rubbin off on mi der….

Fat cnut out!

• 62 Tsunki // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:31 PM

In hindsight hba had grown frustrated at the plan Ashley had inflicted on the club, and couldn’t knuckle down under Pardew’s implementation of it. Yes there’s much to be said for a player fitting into the team ‘shape’ and working for his compatriots and the good of the club. But when you know you’re better than the stupid setup they’re trying to mangle you and everyone else into, I can understand some players would just throw in the towel. I can believe from what I’ve seen that hba wouldn’t work for the fans. I think he’d had his fill of the situation, and probably had a bust up about it, hence his banishment.

• 63 Tsunki // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Oops *I can’t believe he wouldn’t work* I should have said…

• 64 GeordieTwo // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Clearly if we continue on as we have, we’re done in the Prem. So what could be done now to change things up? It’s big plums time McLaren. Drop Colo. Decide on your best back four and stick with it. Find out if De Jong is good enough by playing him. Lay down the law to Mitro. He plays but only under control or club fines will follow. Sissoko and Wij must play if we are to win any at all. Pick their best positions and stick with it. Pull back the reigns on Janmaat. He doesn’t track back well enough. He has to play on a shorter leash. We have to find a midfield combination that can get the ball to the forwards. Surely that’s not too much to ask from a manager?

• 65 Shot Bru // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Absolute nail on the head Our Toon.

Been saying it for years that the Brits we employ as managers don’t have a scooby how to coach.

I don’t understand how a lot of people on here are surprised the Wally has been such a disaster.

Who in their right mind would have given Wally $52 million to spend on players!!

Personally I would love to see us take on a German head coach.

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Shot Bru,
    No offence mate but who in their right mind thinks Wally was given that money to spend, that money would have been given to Carver or Burley had circumstances been different.

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Sorry, not given to but spent anyway !

• 68 Shot Bru // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:48 PM

my point is why spend that money and employ Wally to make use of it.

I am aware that the transfer targets are identified by Carr.

• 69 Our Toon // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:51 PM

I personally can’t see palace finishing above 12th…..the man left so he could have a say on signings yet only plays 2 of his signings. One being a player “bought for him”

I’ll happily put a wager with anyone that no English manager will finish in the top 10 this season!!

• 70 Our Toon // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Liverpool, Spurs, Citeh and many others on the continent have a scout or team of people making signings without input from the manager!!

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Shot Bru,
    Because the fat man has an unshakable, stuborn and petty belief that his way is the right way and if a sacked league one manager can scrape by then an ex England manager can scrape tenth easily, the fifty million wasn’t spent to make said managers life easy but to make money on.

• 72 Shot Bru // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:15 PM

And that is why the club is stuffed.

Ashley is not going to keep making money by employing British managers such as Carver or Wally

• 73 angelswithdirtyfaces // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Now I’ve always thought this guy was one of the better pundits and would have been a left field choice for the Toon.

Only a change in policy will make a difference

• 74 Rotonda heights // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Our toon @ 52

so so very true, but under ashley will be ever thus.

• 75 cyprus // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:48 PM

So we were planning to play five in back?? Against palace??? A team that had never scored in open play? Man that’s desperate.

I have an idea. Play 7 in back vs. Liverpool.

• 76 lochinvar // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Something for the weekend (Mclaren) Sir ?
    Southampton 1-3 Liverpool
    Steve Claridge
    BBC Radio 5 Live at St Mary’s Stadium
    It’s been stunning from Liverpool. The movement, the enthusiasm, the closing down, the ability to pass the ball and open up Southampton has been incredible at times.

• 77 cyprus // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Were you watching the game? Southampton were bossing it. Two goals against the run of play turned it.

• 78 nufconceandfuturekings // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:54 PM

I am sure MA is listening and taking note, Mick, to your every word.

I’m now off to meditate upon the concept of football being only a game in preparation for Sunday.

• 79 angelswithdirtyfaces // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:02 PM

so its looking more like another 0-6 rather than a 1-0 with the bindippers current away form

• 80 sloveniangeordie // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Ketsbaia9, i would never ever play Coloccini in the starting eleven. I rather have Williamson in starting eleven than taht argentinian clown. He’s nowhere near PL quallity.

• 81 Jib // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Soton 1 – LPool 5 still 20 mins to go !

Oh my good gawd we are going to get a new one ripped on Sunday !!!!

• 82 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:18 PM

We are going to get smashed by Liverpool

They are unreal tonight we will not be able to handle that level of pressing

• 83 Jib // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Might be worth a daft tenner on us – you’ll get good odds

• 84 sloveniangeordie // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:21 PM

I’m watching Liverpool ripping Southampton apart. At Saint Mary’s. I wondering what will happen to us.

• 85 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Ha ha I think I will just spend that tenner on a carry out to drown my sorrows

• 86 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:30 PM

jesus our only hope is they are all scored out for the weekend i mean it happened to us after norwich!!

• 87 Jib // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Considering our weakest sector
    Southamptons big lads
    Caulker 23 6’3″
    van Dijk 24 6’4″
    are woeful
    Liverpool’s 6th was scored by a lad 5’7″ with a header.

• 88 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM

This is without Coutinho as well Origi even looks decent

See the difference getting a top drawer manager makes !!

• 89 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:33 PM

ffs this is the ref that gave a penalty for the exact same thing in the scum game that just happened there cheating barsteward!

• 90 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Has anybody read’s waffle section on the Palace debacle match report, how come it is only Jib and jane that can’t see that it is not just the players that are playing sh!t

• 91 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:37 PM

@Jail for Ashley

I think Sunday this week is going to be a proper eye opener for everyone !! The last few game have not been televised over in the UK this one is prime time

Wonder if Ashley and Charnley will turn up to the game?

• 92 Transfer Sage // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Klopp hasn’t turned them into title contenders over night but he has certainly changed how they play.

All this rubbish you need months and months to change the team is nonsense.

He has gone into the club, said he will improve them over time but instantly change the attitude and he has done just that.

• 93 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:39 PM

bunga well looking at this game we better not score an early goal lol

tbf he’s got a hell of a squad i honestly dont think any manager would do that much better with this squad especially with our perma crocks

• 94 Transfer Sage // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Our game to have over 4.5 goals is 11/2…..worth some money.

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:43 PM

It is not, becsuse we won’t score two and therefore for the sake of a hundred quid or so you’ll be sitting there hoping we get hammered !

• 96 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM

well sage it really depends on the state of the club at the end of the day

he’s hardly had a terrible squad to deal with or 1 thats totally devoid of confidence or a team thats been on a calender month losing streak lol

• 97 Transfer Sage // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Definitely worth it, hoping we don’t lose but I am confident we will.

• 98 FollowFollow // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Wiki tells me that no team has ever scored 10 away from home in the top flight.

• 99 jane // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:46 PM

“how come it is only Jib and jane that can’t see that it is not just the players that are playing sh!t”

not sure how you came to that conclusion as I think the manager is probably the problem. I still hope he turns it around but am not confident.

• 100 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:47 PM

calender year even!

• 101 colwell // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Can’t wait for Sunday the game will guarantee goals,goals,goals with 5 at the back I reckon we can keep them down to a measly 7. If we’re lucky we may get 1 back.

Liverpool getting Kloop feel so bad for them, they can only dream of one day playing the sexy style of Steve McClaren.

• 102 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:54 PM

It is not worth it as financial gain takes over your will to see us do well, unless of course you can see us scoring three.
    Really, which manager other than Pardew could have us doing better right now that would work for Mashley ?

• 103 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:57 PM

With 52M spent we could have affored to pay Klopp for eight years. JfA busy pulling hair out !

• 104 Transfer Sage // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:58 PM

I’ll stick it on, softens the blow if we lose by a few.

• 105 Transfer Sage // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Klopp wouldn’t come here for 52mil a year.

He has respect for the fans of the club he works with, no way would he buy into the Ashley Model.

• 106 jane // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:00 PM

that’s the challenge for Ashley to get a good manager.

• 107 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:09 PM

When will you get it into your skull that a good manager will not work for Mike Ashley, do not count Pardew as being good, he was sacked league one when hired. Dunlop, Kangol, Slazenger !

• 108 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:10 PM

the challenge infact job for ashley is to provide a premier league squad then bring in manager to work with them how can people still blame the manager /coaches when since ashley has been here we havent had a full squad of players forgetting the injuries btw
    its forever unbalanced

• 109 SPRINGY // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:12 PM

few options tho non will be used!lol
    ——————————elliott——————————- ———–mbemba———colo———dummett———– ———————–tiote———–gini———————— janmaat————————————————colback ——————————de jong—————————– —————–perez——————–mitro——————

————————de jong—perez———————–
    doubt any of these will happen but would be interesting to see if any of these could work

• 110 Transfer Sage // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:13 PM

I think McClaren would struggle with a good squad as well but you are right.

Without a decent squad which has balance nearly any manager would struggle

• 111 SPRINGY // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:16 PM

• 112 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:16 PM

add to that, that the players that are eventually brought in aren’t actually the ones needed but there a “good” deal at the time and might go on to make a big profit
    we had more LBs than CBs at one point and we’ve still only got 1 RB
    how hard can it be to build an actual squad? and once you have that squad how much easier is it to chop and change and replace
    in 8 years we haven’t had 1 8 fcukin years!!!

• 113 jane // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:25 PM

“a good manager will not work for Mike Ashley”

how do you know, have any turned down an offer?

• 114 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:25 PM

sage aye i see ya don’t fancy him as a manager but for me circumstances have a hell of alot to do with things generally obviously but in football especially and thats why its such a difficult job but you have to take everything into consideration when judging well out of the heat of the moment anyways lol

• 115 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Have any been approached ffs

• 116 jimmysmith // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Yeah, I’d have to agree. Newcastle need a very top quality manager and backroom staff, who have the final say on transfers. Carr can scout them, but that’s it. The other aspects of the transfer policy probably remain our most realistic chance of success, but decent money would have to be spent on the right players at the right time.

I think the worst of Ashley is various parts deluded, stubborn and just plain taking the piss. “Sell Up Or Do It Properly” is perfectly put, and the January window must surely be make or break time for Ashley and the fans.

• 117 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM

jail redknapp and “at least 80 other applicants” 🙂

• 118 jane // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM

hopefully now is the time if things don’t improve quickly.

• 119 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM

sarcasms excepted, if Rednapp was approached, he turned us down, my biggest question was wgo were those outside the footba?ing world that we discounted, surely Sir Clive Woodward must have been one of them to come out with such nonsense

• 120 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:43 PM

yeah i’m still hanging on to the akabusi one lol
    but seriously god knows maybe it was black!?
    kinda make sense now actually

• 121 OneAlanShearer // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:54 PM

My approach would be keep Mcclaren. Buy spine of a team with enough quality and experience and above all leadership to keep us up then buy sufficient players to give the side a good balance. I don’t think Mcclaren has been dealt a fair hand yet. Half a squad at best. They can move on the failures via loans or sales but we must have a balanced starting xi with a bench to change things. Right now we don’t even have a starting xi worthy of the description. I would only start Janmaat Mbemba colback Sissoko Wijnaldum perez Mitrovic so we need 4 players plus 2 or 3 for the bench. Gk, cb, lb, dm arguably an experienced striker to rotate with mitrovic and a winger so drop 2 from those I’d use currently to accommodate that. 6 quality players requires.

Gk needs to be very confident and a very good all round game.
    CB has to be a real leader.
    Lb needs to be able to defend.
    DM needs to be able defend and pass.

It’s not rocket science so why do they seen allergic to that approach. Invest or get relegated Mr Ashley your choice.

• 122 Jail for Ashley // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Zuckerberg will give away most of his fortune to helping the world, I wonder how our Billionaire will react, disgusted he will raise the hrs of Sri Lankan factory workers from twelve to fourteen until a UN decree forces him to stop!

• 123 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 11:02 PM

quite easy to say when ya gonna be the richest person on the planet really tbf but fair play wish he was a newcastle fan tho!

• 124 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 11:09 PM

onealan yeah that was my point how hard can it be to provide that first and foremost and then how much easier is it to maintain and improve year on year!?
    spurs i think are finally getting there yeah i know they’ve spent alot but at least they had a plan and its coming to fruition we seem to say this is our plan and its probably further away than ever through absolute poor management from the top!

• 125 Our Toon // Dec 2, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Ranieri has Leicester top of the league does it mean he was dealt a good hand with the Leicester squad? Just trying to see how this can’t be mcclaren fault? Leicester are nowhere near a top team yet they are sitting at the top. Leicester squad is worse than ours on paper, the difference the manager has them grafting because he didn’t piss about during preseason.

Southampton sell there best players every season it seems has Koeman been dealt a bad hand? Or does he make the best of what he has?

This rubbish of being dealt a bad hand is a ready made excuse for people who fail or accept failure, you make do with what you have and more importantly you play to your strengths and your weaknesses you eradicate by working harder.

I’m sick of hearing about the squad not being this or that, yes it’s not a great squad but compared to others it’s alot better than its currently doing. The bottom line is everyone was getting to know there players and working hard in preseason whilst Steve was talking a good game and playing Bigi and Ferguson in defence.

We can’t defend think alot of know that and so does the league, not comparing us to barca but they weren’t good at defending, they however counteracted this by winning the ball high up the pitch and not letting the opposition hurt them where they are weakest. That’s being proactive, we sit back and invite pressure knowing fine well we can’t cope….that’s called being incompetent.

Anyway I’m off but will repeat this tomorrow!!

• 126 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 11:39 PM

ourtoon circumstances mate i keep saying it,
    leicester were already on an unbelievable run and have carried on, the famous tinkerman hasn’t tinkered
    you say southhampton but look at their recruitment plus their acadamy its set up properly for a start plus they spend money to replace players that have left swiftly

how can you say a pre season that was badly set up so much that some players could’nt play due to pitches or visa issues was mcclarens fault he even stated how bad it was
    he hasn’t had a fair crack with the huge and endless problems this club has
    whos next in your opinion that will do much different under ashley right now?

• 127 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 11:44 PM

ourtoon plus you say on paper its stronger than others in what way?
    passion commitment or youtube
    thats the issue with recruitment and how laughable the statement from the club was that we look at character as the main point!

at the end of the day we got sisko for 2 mill for a reason

• 128 OneAlanShearer // Dec 2, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Our toon

Colo should have been replaced 2 seasons ago or become a fringe player.

Anita is never ever going to be good enough.

Tiote can’t pass and is never fit.

Colback needs a better player alongside him.

Sissoko plays well when things are going well or he disappears.

Krul is a good but not great keeper and we have nobody else how is ready or good enough at this level.

Willo is far too slow for this league

Saylor always injured.

Thauvin does not suit this league

Cisse should have been replaced in the summer.

Leicester have a well balanced side that may not have many stars in it but they do have a couple of players who have literally taken the opportunity by the scruff if the neck and been outstanding. They also have experienced players who still have legs on them. The are the exception to the rule rather than the rule.

If you look at the squad we are missing a centre back who us not finished, a left back who can defend, an experienced goal keeper, a defensive midfielder worthy of the name, a winger with any pace and an experienced striker who is not finished. Plus any kind if leader or captain in the pitch. Is it any wonder we are where we are with that many gaps in our first xi.

The squad needs major surgery not a sticky plaster over it.

Under Ashley every season has been the same they provide a side short of 3 or 4 players at the very least. The only season that was not the case was because we had the least injuries we have had in living memory and when they bought cisse demba ba stayed which I’m not sure was there intention.

So pure blind luck.

We need a policy that works and a leadership and management that can guide it in and off the pitch.

That my friend is what’s wrong but just you watch nothing change to fix it in January. before you can sell….total and utter insanity.

• 129 manxpie // Dec 2, 2015 at 11:54 PM

^ wat he said

• 130 Blackley and Brownlie // Dec 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Hahaha. Your comments on the Toon cracked me up. What do you do for the rest of the year?

• 131 Blofal // Dec 3, 2015 at 12:50 AM

—–Mbemba – Coloccini – Williamson
    ————————De Jong

• 132 Blofal // Dec 3, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Is Tiote fit for this game?

• 133 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 12:53 AM

That’s pretty much what he does Blackley. I don’t know anyone who is better at it though.

• 134 jimmysmith // Dec 3, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Janmaat—–Mbemba – Coloccini – Colback
    ————————De Jong

• 135 terencelim // Dec 3, 2015 at 12:59 AM

@jane, because it’s common sense.

• 136 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:01 AM

We need a decent midfield. Focusing on the defence, Colo this, janmaat that, is all a diversion. We have no heart in the team. The midfield neither protects the defence nor supplies the attack. It is not creative, it is not hard working off the ball, it has no vision and does not control the game at any time. it’s why we can never have a cohesive defence because the attack is relentless and mistakes are bound to happen due to law of averages. it’s why strikers can’t create anything, and have no service, and vainly run into offside positions in a desperate hunt for opportunities. A chronic skill shortage in midfield means no wing play that rains in decent crosses, or gets to the byline and no protection for the full backs. It means nothing gets initiated from deep in the centre, just sprayed from side to side or backwards. Midfield, people, midfield.

• 137 Magpie Season // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Tiote should be fit. His injury wasn’t as bad as they thought & SM said he would only miss the one match against Palace but be fit for Liverpool.

• 138 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:03 AM

Manxpie @127 is that Sisko the S cun Thorpe who did the Thong Song? 🙂

• 139 Magpie Season // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:06 AM

Is De Jong still our vice-captain?

So if Colo is dropped for Pool, & De Jong is on the bench, who is our captain? Sissoko?

• 140 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:06 AM

Thong – th – thong – thong – thonnngggg!

• 141 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:07 AM

Probably “2 Sugars’ Doris, Magpie Season

• 142 bladeuser // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:08 AM

COLO IS SHIT but for f@:@ sake why r some of u morons asking for willo because I tell u now sturidge will tear him a new one I now realise it is utter Bollox that u r knowledgeable for being knowledgeable fans because u haven’t got a scooby willo is one of the poorest defenders I have ever seen in a top league and Liverpool will piss on him
    SHEEP Out

• 143 Magpie Season // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:10 AM

I don’t think a player’s transfer fee has anything to do with how good they are mate. Depends on contracts, if the club wants the player out due to discplinary reasons, etc.

The fact we got Sissoko for 2mil was because he was just starting to show his talent & I think was because Toulouse at the time just avoided relegation (year before they made champions league I think).

• 144 Magpie Season // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:11 AM

I mean, look at Michu mate. Bought for 2 mil as well. Never lost his talent just had discplinary issues.

• 145 Magpie Season // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Think it depends who plays. Liverpool having all these players back & so many options.

Klopp could play:

1. Firmino as false 9 (again)
    2. Benteke up front
    3. Sturridge

For some reason I don’t think he will start Sturridge & Benteke will get the nod. Willamson because of his height may be good to stop him (though I doubt he will).

• 146 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Bladeuser I may be way off, but, reading between the lines I get the impression you’re less than ecstatic about Willo being put forward for a return. I’m just picking up a faint vibe…..

• 147 SPRINGY // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:17 AM

unless the players have had serious words with themselves and decided enough is enough….no matter what team we the supporters pick or formation or what macca tells them to do the outcome will be nothing other then a defeat this weekend and relegation at the end of the season unfortunately….the players are key to newcastle gettin out of this shite there in….but whether they are forced/trained to by macca is debatable….the players look like they dont want work with macca right now so not sure where we go from here…or what to do if it continues much longer

• 148 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:18 AM

I think if Willo carries some sort of weapon like a scimitar or a bludgeon he might possibly be able to slow Sturridge down a bit, you know, discourage him.

• 149 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:20 AM

If, and I mean IF we get bored out solid over a barrel by the radiorippers I think we can safely gauge our descent to the next level down from there on.

• 150 SPRINGY // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:20 AM

did sturridge play tonight?….thought he was injured again

• 151 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Can’t get to sleep. We could do with some input from Belfast to weigh down these sleepy eyelids about now.

• 152 Tsunki // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:24 AM

I think even if Sturridge didn’t play against us, he’d still get a hat trick against our sorry crew. Crowd. Mob. Rabble. Bunch. Gathering. Shower. Collection. Throng-th-throng-throng-thronnnnggg!

• 153 SPRINGY // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:24 AM

just checked the score!……so unless he went off injured he’ll get on the score sheet at the weekend!lol

• 154 SPRINGY // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:26 AM

if we get beat by3-4-5…will macca walk?

• 155 manxpie // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:45 AM

jesus refresh every few minutes waiting for feedback on my great points nothing!!! come back and theres a whole conversation you barstewards!!
    magpie season sorry mate i think ya missed my point
    my point was that if sisko (not that one tsunki 🙂 but wat a tune!!)
    was that great he wouldn’t be coming to newcastle for 2 mill i keep saying this aswell he was renowned for his inconsistency then!!
    i know all signings are gambles but we are setting our selves up for a loss everytime!

it was only banter tsunki the sc unthorpe thing i didn’t really mean to offend hope ya know that anyways?

• 156 SPRINGY // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:53 AM

i think sissoko was in the last 6 mth or year of his contract i think why we got him so cheap i believe..thats what they said at time….i read somewhere or heard the year before that he was rated 10+ million…which is debatable on his form tbh

• 157 SPRINGY // Dec 3, 2015 at 1:57 AM

altho sissoko’s running/breaking ability seems to be our one major asset….if he could tackle aggresively and head the ball, cm would be where he should play but lacks determination and willingness to do the graft

• 158 manxpie // Dec 3, 2015 at 2:57 AM

springy again we wouldn’t have got him if he was such a player regardless if he was low on his contract
    thats my point and you’ve pointed out the rest why he wasn’t taken by the bigger teams!
    if he was such a player with his size and presence he would be at arsenal without a doubt and if wenger doesn’t like him then there is something certainly wrong

i still find it funny people reguard him as a def mid are they mad!??

• 159 John Tudor // Dec 3, 2015 at 3:00 AM

willo collo sissykoko all a waste of space

• 160 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 4:10 AM

If we are going to start with 3 cb then I would suspect it would be 5-4-1. 3 cb will give freedom for wing backs to push forward and still give more security when they are out of position.
    Candidates for LWB are Anita, Dummet, Gouffran, and Thauvin. Definitely best crosser among those since LWB won’t be primary defensive players.

• 161 ilovetoon8788 // Dec 3, 2015 at 5:48 AM

Sissoko.. Lol. Lesser said about him the better. How on earth is he starting game after game is beyond.

Steve is sending quite a message to the rest of the squad by playing him. No wonder morals good and we are flying in the league.

• 162 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM

Morning…does anyone think Charnley has a contingency plan this tine/

…or will be surprised again if keep loosing and if Macca walks?

• 163 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM

I would love Sterry to be given a chance

• 164 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM

*he be

• 165 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:09 AM

If SM walks then Simpson or Cathro will take charge as temp until find replacement. It could be 1 or 2 games, it can be next summer for the new manager. Depends on what quality, if they are in a club, it will be next summer because free available good quality manager are limited.

• 166 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Morning Ron…where is it you are stationed?

• 167 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:10 AM

unless we go all out for Ancelotti.

• 168 Average_Contents // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:11 AM

The thought wouldn’t of crossed their minds mate.

They don’t do contingency. They don’t even do it right in the first instance (for us the fans anyway)

Survival is all that matters to the fat slig (a cross between a slug and a pig) and if they pull it off then it’s handshakes and back slaps all round.

“look, look Mike, it worked” “see what we can do”

The whole lot need fcuking off. Vile cretins.

• 169 Average_Contents // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:11 AM

Forgot to add good morning 🙂

• 170 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Santon…what I was thinking was has Charnley learned to be prepared this time?

…when Pardew was here and he left for Palace, Charnley was surprised! When can you be surprised when clearly you should have fired him back in the summer?

I wonder if we will go through the exact same situation should Macca walk.

• 171 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:17 AM

Sacking, then LC should have a plan
    Walking is different story, because it’s unplanned.

• 172 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Morning AC…that’s what I fear as well!

The paradox for me though in the way Ashley / Charnley runs this club is how willingly they are to gamble with our PL status.

What do they gain from that? You would make sure survival was easily assured and who ever was in charge made sure our investments were worth ad much as possible.

Ever since Ashley bought the club the difference between money spend and money made on transfers are red numbers.

• 173 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Mid season is hard to get good quality manager for replacement.

• 174 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hopefully Walter will be next candidate, if SM walk or sacked.

• 175 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Santon…I am not counting on anyone sacking Macca. If they did I still don’t think they would have a well thought out plan B 🙂

• 176 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Santon…changing manager mid season should always be avoided, but Charnley made his bed so he’ll have to lie in it!

…stupid decisions tends to bid you in the @rse

• 177 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Just for fun, if it’s up to you who will manage this club, who will be your manager?

I would go for Mazzari and Montella because they has managed low budget teams and did excellent job, and definitely will be good defensive team.

• 178 Santon03 // Dec 3, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Mazzari or Montella* not and. 🙂

• 179 Ron Knee // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Morning jesper

Boy, I’m REALLY looking forward to our next match after last night’s result!

I think Charnley is in complete denial so I don’t expect to see any plan B implemented. Was there even a plan A?

• 180 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Santon…to be honest with you I find it difficult to pick one since he would have to come in and work a miracle!

I would prefer a German right now and maybe someone like Montella was it in the summer 🙂

• 181 Toonfan8 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:12 AM

my team for Liverpool game would be:
    Defensive team, but we need that, we need to play 5 at the back and let Colback and Tiote to destroy their attacking power, Sissoko,Wijnaldum and Perez to have more freedom to catch them on the break…

• 182 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:16 AM

Ron…a plan A? I think not 😉

…Charnley comes of as a slimy skinny rodent who would do anything or sacrifice anyone to keep his job!

How on earth he convinced Ashley to keep him on after last season is beyond me!

• 183 Ron Knee // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:18 AM

Ashley is obviously a great judge of men!

• 184 firebug666 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Lascelles is injured, slight hamstring strain.

Morning all:

I know this is the time of year for miracles, but I doubt God himself could get the shower of a team we have motivated enough to play football.

When you see them lining up in the tunnel and eye the opposition you can see they are already defeated. shoulder slumped and heads down, they simply do not want to play.

• 185 Ron Knee // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Steve Black is clearly doing a good job!

• 186 mindshaft // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Wilo – Collo – Dummett
    Janmaat Mbabu
    Sissoko. Perez
    Cisse Mitrovic

• 187 firebug666 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Steve Black is the biggest waste of money at the club, it’s easy to motivate players who are already performing, and who want to play well, but he is out of his depth with our lot.

I honestly think that our players are being asked to do something that is beyond their abilities, and being played out of their natural positions is defiantly not helping them.

• 188 Toonfan8 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:28 AM

if he can play I would play him, if cant I would give there Williamson as we need some height there…rest Collo

• 189 firebug666 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Aye the options are limited, but Colo does need a rest like, 18 months should be about right I think.

• 190 Ron Knee // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Ashley seems to specialise in football failures. Wasn’t Black at QPR last season?

• 191 Lindisfarne // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Killer Klopp Klips Koeman

We are next up in the firing line and MUST use last nights match as an educational tool on which to base our tactics. IMO 451 formation is required but do we have the players to fill it and how are we going to deal with the pace of their attacks. To some extent scoring ourselves is the last thing Schtevie should be concerned with.

• 192 firebug666 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Aye he was, and that was perfect for the fat man, as he would now get him on the cheap.

Maybe Black should leave the players alone and concentrate of McClaren and the backroom staff, maybe even try to instil some confidence in Penfold.

OMG Steve Black’s running the club!

• 193 firebug666 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Steve Black could bring out a book for Christmas.

“How to Motivate a Team to Relegation”

• 194 Toonfan8 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:40 AM

I agree, Colo isnt good enough and I forgot, if Mbabu is ready to play, then play him instead of Anita….
    just to frustrate them and catch them on the break, other than that we will be very badly hurt on Sunday…I would play this formation and Mbemba,Lascelles and Dumett to sit back and order Tiote and Colback not to go up the pitch, just to do the dirty work…Janmaat and Mbabu to cover all the line and put some crosses…Sissoko,Wijnaldum and Perez are free to play football, all the rest just wait and defend

• 195 Ron Knee // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Other recent failures to be financially rewarded by Ashley: McClaren, Coloccini, Thauvin. Is there no end to this man’s bounty!

• 196 Lindisfarne // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Colback–de Jong–Tiote–Gini–Janmaat

The three central players must be compact and solid, diverting L’pools play towards the flanks where the three players need to rotate in order to match up to runners and cut out crosses.

If Sissoko and/or Collo play then the opportunity for Schtevie to stamp his authority on the team has been lost. They are not the worst of the worst but do not show any leadership as senior players.

• 197 Average_Contents // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Says it all really. But there’s no problems are there. Business as usual. Fcuking bollox.

• 198 Toonfan8 // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:48 AM

I dont think this season is up to Ashley, I think he is out of football board, he is just owner now, he put good budget in the summer…Our season is affected with Carr and others in board room, bring Thauvin instead of CB….we should use that money on top CB…
    we have to bring CB,CM,LB and if we play 4 defenders system, then play this…..
    Mbabu,Mbemba,new CB,new LB
    Mbemba,Lascelles,new CB,new LB
    ……… CM……Colback…………
    Sissoko……De Jong………Wijnaldum

• 199 Average_Contents // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:49 AM

I’d drop the ginger ninja and play perez in his space and mitro up top

• 200 Lindisfarne // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Which ever players/formation Schtevie uses we will still no doubt lose and with an inevitable back lash. SJP could become a morgue on Sunday, with an audible muttering of discontent and frustration. Whats to do?

• 201 Lindisfarne // Dec 3, 2015 at 7:56 AM

AC – good call

• 202 firebug666 // Dec 3, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Sorry mate but I have to disagree, this season and every other is very much down to Ashley.

It his business plan, his employees, his failed transfer strategy that has us in this mess.

He is good at selling cheap tat, a bulldog in the business world where his underhanded deals have earned him his reputation, but with football his interest stops, as long as the free advertising, and 75% of mechanising sales is in place he is a happy bunny.

The state our club is in is most defiantly down to the owner, The buck stops with him…

• 203 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 3, 2015 at 8:04 AM

Klipp Klopp gallops out of the TOON with booty

Ain’t matter what eleven we put out on Sunday – we’ll get a good thumping.

Going to be a painful 90 minutes

• 204 Jib // Dec 3, 2015 at 9:20 AM

I read through Mick Quinn’s full comments.
    It is clear why he’s a (poor) pundit and not a coach or a manager.
    Like a lot on here , he doesn’t have the first clue what he’s talking about.
    He should byline his articles “a knee jerk reaction”
    Instead of calling for SM’s head his reaction should be “Jeez I knew there were problems at the Toon but not this bad , get it sorted Steve we’re right behind you”

previous post: McClaren Considering Radical Change For Liverpool