The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

I´m Happy At Newcastle And Cannot Ask For Anything Else

7:56 am, Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

You´ve got to just love young Ayoze Perez, who only joined us a short eighteen months ago and it´s been a very turbulent time at the club since he joined – even for Newcastle.

But the young Spanish striker is mentally tough enough and he´s a good enough professional to  take it in his side – and he still loves it at Newcastle.

Ayoze Perez Newcastle +United+v+Norwich+City+ogoAHJTIa6Hl

Ayoze Perez – getting better at Newcastle
This is one lad we have to keep

There are a number of reports coming out that say both Tottenham and Manchester United want to sign him in January, but for his part young Perez has said the following about all the speculation:

“I am happy here.” “I am playing and I am getting better.” “I cannot ask for anything else because I am happy here.”

“I hope one day I can play for Spain – it will be a dream for me,” “But I will have to work hard because I am still young.”

“I have a lot to do to achieve that dream.”

Perez received the North East Football Writers’ Association’s young player of the year trophy at Ramside Hall on Sunday.

He was keen to come to Newcastle last year because he was promised first team football if he was good enough and he turned down moves to huge clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid for that chance.

And he´s taken his opportunity at Newcastle and played 51 games for us with 10 goals and he seems to be improving all the time.

Newcastle would be stupid to sell him in January, but given the history and ineptitude of those running the club – that unfortunately remains a possibility.

We hope it doesn´t happen.

He could become a great player for us and he´s also a smashing lad.

Now if only those in charge of Newcastle United will act decisively – do something – and turn things around at the club – and quickly too.

Sadly, all we keep hearing via the local papers is that there will be no knee-jerk reaction from those in charge at the club.

That´s worrying because last season we almost ended up in the Championship because there was no knee-jerk reaction to some terrible results and performances.

In fact, there was no reaction at all.

If that happens again  this season and the results don´t  improve quickly – we will be relegated.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Premier League

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 ShirebrookToon // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:58 AM

• 2 ShirebrookToon // Dec 2, 2015 at 7:58 AM

• 3 hibbitt // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:00 AM

20m and he’s gone

• 4 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:03 AM

I agree, if the right offer comes in he will be out the door, as for a replacement, we will get one in two or three seasons, when they have had time to scout one, check out his CV, temperament, and DNA.

• 5 lochinvar // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Monty Pythonesque at its best.
    We should focus on the Boardroom – Seasonal sprouts should do it – after all it will only result in more hot air .

It doesn’t pay to get on the bad side of AS Roma fans. In fact they can be real bunny boilers if they aren’t happy with your performance.

That’s what Rudi Garcia’s side found out to their cost at training earlier on Tuesday, when around 50 disaffected supporters arrived with enough carrots to comfortably feed their legion of rabbits in headlights.
    It has been a disastrous seven days for the Gialorossi, who were humiliated at the Camp Nou a week ago, losing 6-1 after a magnificent performance by Barcelona. They were arguably worse on their return to domestic action, losing 2-0 at home to Atalanta as they slipped further behind the leaders in Serie A.
    Frustrated Roma fans turned up at the club’s Trigoria training base with a 50 kilogram bag of carrots for the players as they held up a banner that read: “Enjoy your meal rabbits!”

• 6 BandB // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:32 AM

I was reading up about that Roma/Lazio fans boycott of the derby you mentioned yesterday.
    It was a boycott by Ultras protesting at security measures ordered by local security forces. A measure enforced on the club.
    The same fans packed the Roma training sessions to show their continued support for the club and team.
    I’m not convinced that’s comparing apples and pears when suggesting lessons for Newcastle United fans.
    In fact, I’m convinced it isn’t.

• 7 JP...from The Rock // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM

My favourite player by a mile. Always moving, hard working, tenacious, technically sound, great professional and great mentality.

The best player we have also ans so humble. We should do everything in our power to keep him. We could start by simply giving an improved long term contract ASAP.

• 8 Lilongwe Geordie // Dec 2, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Look up more on the Lazio fans. They have been protesting and boycotting for a while now.

This article is from when it started. There average attendance this season is 13,000 lower than last season. There highest attendance of the season so far is 7,000 lower then their average last season.

Yes, the derby saw Roma fans boycott against the security measures, but the Lazio fans have been boycotting far longer, and have had no impact so far.

• 9 The overrated Frenchman // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:31 AM

Off on a tangent maybe, but on topic at least in terms of being a supporter; I’ve cancelled my pay-tv service, so here in Australia I won`t get to see any of our games. Why? A protest, as pointless as it may be, but personally I feel better knowing that not one cent of my money goes into Ashley’s coffers any longer.

previous post: Shearer Blasts Gutless Players – Praises Thriving Pardew