The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Midfielder – I May Leave In January

10:14 am, Friday, December 4th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 71 Comments

Yoan Gouffran got a lot of games when Alan Pardew was the Newcastle manager mainly because of the Frenchman’s work rate – but since Alan left he hasn’t played too many times this year and he’s made only two appearances in the league and two in cup games.

It seems obvious that Steve McClaren doesn’t rate him very highly,  but Yoan could certainly do a job for a good Championship club in January.

yoan gouffran

Yoan Gouffran – in action at Manchester City

Of course, we are losing so many players to injury this season that we may want to keep Gouffran on board because we could repeat what happened earlier this year and have a huge number of players not available through injury and suspension.

On the other hand, if we are to bring reinforcements in during January we will have to let some players leave.

This is what the 29-year-old has said about his current situation:

“I’m here. I work hard,” “If I don’t play, maybe I’m going to leave in January. I don’t know.”

“I need to be ready and to stay fit. I don’t know what’s happening after.”

Yoan could stay in England to play his football, but we’ll just have to see what happens as January rolls  around.

Yoan still has 18 months left on his contract on Tyneside.

One big decision the powers that be at Newcastle will have to make fairly soon – is whether to stick with Steve McClaren as manager before identifying which players to bring in over the January transfer window.

If the players coming in are again chosen  by Chief Scout Graham Carr that would be daft and then maybe we cannot recover this season and will face relegation.

At the moment, that looks like a distinct possibility.

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target · Yoan Gouffran

71 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mag52 // Dec 4, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Clippety Clippety Klopp,
    Expect another flop.
    A cricket score
    Of ten or more,
    And Macca’s for the chop.

• 2 AncientC // Dec 4, 2015 at 10:25 AM

I recall Gouffran being quite good when he first arrived, even scoring in 3 home games in a row.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Dec 4, 2015 at 10:27 AM

They’ll extend his deal and send him on loan hoping to make a few quid back

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Dec 4, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Just back to work and people can’t help but notice how well Pardew is doing, if we didn’t have such ridiculous policies we could have got a good manager in and nobody would be talking about how well Pardew was doing.

• 5 expatmag // Dec 4, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Well, it looks like the following may happen in January:

Cabella to Marseille………..6 million
    Williamson to Wolves……..1 million
    Gouffran to Lille………………..1 million
    Perez to Spurs…………………..15 million

Nice little profit there for the fatman

• 6 lochinvar // Dec 4, 2015 at 10:52 AM

You missed out Cisse – to Qatar or similar
    and McLaren – what’s his transfer free ?
    and Charnley on secondment
    and Carr paid up pension

• 7 hibbitt // Dec 4, 2015 at 10:58 AM

expat they will want 20m for perez not a penny less

• 8 Mag52 // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Why’s Pardew doing well ?
    1. He’s a decent manager and deserved more credit than he ever got during his time at NUFC.
    2. He’s being given a much freer reign to manage at Palace, which Ashley denied him here, and Ashley needs to learn from this serious mistake if he wants to pocket the TV millions at the end of this season.

• 9 stuart no9 // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:08 AM

looking at events over the start of this season the owner and our pathetic mr charnley have only one ambition this season and that is to see us drop out of the prem.
    Sorry but no one can tell me these 2 cretins have anything other than relagation planned for this club . no body.
    and ill tell you why . Who can remember a couple of years ago when someone in the know said Ashley wont sell up till 2016.
    I cant remember who it was , but that was mentioned on a couple of occasions . Now at the time i thought why would he sell up if he was making millions from the club?
    We all know how Ashley despises everything associated with Newcastle, not just the club , but the fans , the city , the people , the council who have blocked certain interests he wanted get involved in, and lets not forget , we ALL hate him.
    Hes been at the club since 2007, nearly 9 years , in that time he has achieved his goal by taking SD from a european entrerprise to a global commodity , THAT is what his sole aim was- that done , time to move on to a new adventure , however , he has unfinished business with the north east, something to remember him by – a parting shot,
    Ashley wont leave us in the prem , oh no, thats not the slugs style . he will make sure we ALL pay for the continuous hatred towards him, he will achieve that by leaving us ( a club ) that will take 10, 15 years to recover.
    , we will recover however , there is a long long road ahead , it may even see us having to come not just from the championship, but from the lower leagues in order to build.
    Good players are not going to all of a sudden want to sign for us , there are going to be lots of players come and go, players from non leagiue even , kids , has beens , players who come for their last payday, what is certain , to get a team worthy of the prem we are looking at 10 years unless of course some very very rich arab who loves football and who loves NUFC steps in and splashes billions into the club and puts NUFC back on the map , yep a dream that probably wont happen.

NUFC will go down this year because ourb owner wants it . He will say goodbye at the end of the season having ahieved his goal and gave us fans one last kick in the teeth as he flies out.

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM

He was given a double manager of the year award for that remarkable achievement in finishing fifth, so not as bad as the five or six people who constantly went on about him on here, but you said yourself his football was shite to watch, we tried to force Ashleys hand into getting us a better manager and it has spectaculary backfired, were you happy for Ashley and Pardew to continue sucking the life out of us while he lined his pockets just for PL football.

• 11 Jail for Ashley // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM

I don’t think he would have spent 52M if he planned to take us down this year, I’ve no doubt he planned it at some stage but this year is down to spectacular failure at all levels rather than a plan.

• 12 lesh // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I’m finding that my pc freezes on this desktop site – anyone else or is it my pc?

• 13 stuart no9 // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:37 AM

JAIL- £50M to Ashley is pockey money . one night out at the casino. That money should have been spent at the start of every season , when you look at the incomings and the out goings , he has spent nowt .
    One theory could be is that he had to spend something to convince a new manager to take over ,
    How many times was he knocked back ? people didnt want to know, managers looked at the job shook their head not wanting to get involved in something they knew wouldnt help their own career .I believe he panicked into having to spend a few bob or he simply wouldnt have a manager at all , and again 50m is not the end of the world to him, so the ulterior motive is there and the pleasure in making people believe that he ‘did try ‘ to give the fans what we want hidden behind a sick sneer to all. i dont trust the man at all . he always done things – for a reason , to satisfy himself.

• 14 stuart no9 // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:41 AM

one of the many articles relating to the 2016 sale of the club

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Not having it Stu, he could have spent a lot less to try and pull the same stunt

• 16 jayphoto // Dec 4, 2015 at 11:51 AM

The way Newcastle is, always papering over cracks it wouldn’t surprise me if they beat Liverpool and then lose to spurs and villa.

• 17 solano // Dec 4, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Zzzzz…Pardew revisionism again. His record was shite overall at NUFC, but much easier to be wistful about the time we lost 3 times to Sunderland under an abusive, womanising, brown nose than address your own shortcomings of continuing to p*ss and moan about the current situation when you contribute to its continuation!

• 18 Jamesnufc94 // Dec 4, 2015 at 12:05 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever herd some much bollocks from one guy^

• 19 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Stuart………… Of all the Shyte I’ve seen written on this blog that takes the biscuit. The most ridiculous conspiracy theory that makes zero sense.

Why would he want us to fail and/or be relegated. He doesn’t care about us so why would he go to all those lengths to affect us.

• 20 AncientC // Dec 4, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Pardew was on a slippery slope of 1 win in 6 until the gift horse that is Nufc turned up. Now we have Ed shaming the rabble, claiming Pard’s looks like a world beater…

Replacing a poor manager with a poor head coach in an unworkable system, does not make the last guy any better.

Pardew is not responsible for the coaching set up at Palace, nor Bolasie or Zaha.

If I am not mistaken, Pardew was responsible for hiring Carver. If he had his way we would probably have had Tomkins, Noble, and, Lambert playing for us.

The expectations of fans have been demolished when you can paint a guy like Pardew in anything but a negative light.

This club once soared under Keegan and Robson. Look at Everton at the moment, how difficult would it have been to be above Everton right now, given the platform we once had.

• 21 stuart no9 // Dec 4, 2015 at 12:34 PM

ok , that is only my opinion , we shall leave it at that . however i will revisit these comments in may . i wont say ‘ i told you so ‘ ill just refer back to these comments , and it will be upon yourself to think , i was right or just a bloody good guess.
    Has anyone else any theories as to why we are the worst performing team in the league – why nothing is being done about it – why this is our worst year in the history of NUFC- why 90 % of fans on the poll are saying we will get beat ( AT HOME) – why the players dont want to be involved in a game on a saturday or sunday , why we are the laughing stock of the football world , WHY.?

• 22 weg // Dec 4, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Lesh @12
    I’m not a regular poster, but a regular reader.
    I’m getting the same thing. Having to ctrl, alt and delete just to get out of the page.
    It only happens on this blog though. Don’t know why.

• 23 Rotonda heights // Dec 4, 2015 at 12:43 PM

MAG 52

You’ve got it real bad for Pardew. some real man love going on there, absolute blind obsession almost, despite all the facts and AP’s totally underwhelming CV over nearly 20 years in management. Why has no big team ever come in for him.

Before us making them look very good I think CP had only scored 2 goals in open play from 8 games or something similar and just got beaten by Sunderland and were slipping down the table quite rapidly. NUFC are very good for teams looking to get back on track.

Another thing to consider is that AP is being measured against 2 managers that nobody, but nobody wanted, ie JC and SM.

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM

So if we get relegated it has been deliberately done rather than a monumental fcuk up

• 25 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Stuart……. In my opinion Ashley would like to have a successful team to advertise his main love in life without having to compete in the spending department with people who can and will beat him.
    To suggest he is deliberately setting up to lose makes no sense and I don’t think anyone at the club expected us to be in such a mess after having spent more than in previous Windows.
    What he decides to do about the mess is the 100 million dollar question.

• 26 Tsunki // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Well have munster on next “Pardew was average not as bad as he was painted etc…”

• 27 Ibizatoon // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM

betty…Is your opinion what you think Ashley wants, based on what you know of Ashley, or what you would do, if you were Ashley?

• 28 stuart no9 // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Just for the record , here is a comment i posted in 2009

stuart no9 // Oct 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM

changing the name of the ground just makes my blood boil,what else is this specimen prepared to do to our club BEFORE he finally slimes off ,after stripping our club of nearly 120 years of history.Think about it,120 F…..g years gone because some cretin, who actually loathes us ,who would do anything to annoy us ,wants to get his money back any way he can. He has already got rid of our prem status, he has given us a team of 2nd rate players in a 2nd rate league ( sorry but that is all they are) NOW lets get rid of SJP , lets get rid of everything Newcastle United stand for,lets get rid of 120 years of history WHY? to make a couple of million that he will no doubt pocket( those of you who think he will put it back into the club obviously think he is a decent bloke,are deranged) like the rest of the cash from the summer sales.I used to live in Louth ,lincolnshire, in the next street to his family,i used to watch him pull up in his ferrari , he still does. his brother still has his shop there (Ashleys blinds) If ever he tried to change SJP i will be tempted to put the street and the house number on this site, no doubt some nutter will see it (lets hope not

• 29 stuart no9 // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM

nearly 7 yrears down the line , when everyone thought ashley had a master plan and i got crucified for writing a ridiculous comment. not far off really am i ?

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM

No Stuart not everyome thought he had a master plan

• 31 Mag52 // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:32 PM

The point I think some supporters (although clearly not you) are becoming aware of, is that if Pardew, or indeed any other half decent manager who might have been employed in his place, had been left to manage the team as he would have wanted, we could be up there in the top eight where Palace are at the moment.
    You talk about goals in open play. Goals are goals. I bet you won’t hear many Palace fans complaining at their team’s performances this season.
    Whenever I’ve seen them they’ve looked an impressive side.
    With a team minus Wini, minus Mitro and minus Mbemba, three of our better buys in recent years I think you’ll agree, he had us in the top ten when he decided he’d had enough.
    You figure that one out.

• 32 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Ibiza……… If I was in Ashley’s shoes I would probably allow my passion for the club to take priority over being self funding and employ a competent , proven manager and back his judgement in the transfer market.
    However I do try and think what makes Ashley tick and I genuinely believe that he would prefer a winning team to a losing one. His stubborn buy cheap sell dear approach is not working and I think the last window saw him go ankle deep as oppose to just dipping his toe in.
    My worry is that he will now step back again rather than keep going up to his knees.

• 33 John Tudor // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:45 PM

parachute payments irregular betting patterns assets 3 things why ashley couldn’t give a fcuk

• 34 stuart no9 // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:46 PM

jail – if i remember correctly , you never trusted ashley from the early days . but i do believe more fans than not had this dream that we were heading for some sort of glory years – Billson in paticular was a constant fight . the sun shon out of ashleys backside , with not one bit of evidence that he was doing the club any good.

• 35 Ibizatoon // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Betty…Firstly, please don’t think I’m being tricky, just curious. It fascinates me, especially seeing as it was only a couple of years ago (from memory…although it’s possibly longer now) that I supported Ashley, more so his plans. Usually it would fall down to, why wouldn’t he want us to be successful?

I don’t object to the idea of the model, never have. I don’t believe it’s in place here, it’s more of a charade, but anyway, not the point.

Earlier you used the word “succcessful” and now “winning”. Stick with me, i’m not being pedantic (well, no more than usual…). “Successful” is clearly open to interpretation. £130m odd invested, which he’s likely to get back when he sells, and free advertising in the meantime could be argued as successful for him.

That’s without diving in to topics of revenue to SD, the outsourcing of services (like catering), etc, etc.

I don’t think it far fetched to think that Ashley would deem the experience a successful one, as things stand.

That’s why I asked. I don’t think successful means the same to us fans as it does Ashley.

Sure he’d prefer to have a team that wins, but work or gamble to get there? Time and time again, he’ll only gamble that they’ve done enough not to drop.

• 36 Ibizatoon // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Stuart…I certainly argued the case for Ashley for long enough.

I still don’t object to the idea of ‘the plan’, but they don’t do the basics or follow through on it.

There is a plan at play, the man isn’t stupid, it’s just not the plan we’re sold. Clearly.

• 37 nightfa11 // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Pardew was shit here.. His team selections,subs and most of all his excusses..and never taking any responsibility..were simply pathetic.. People who defend him have really short memory..

• 38 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Jail……… I agree with you up until the last window. It was blatantly obvious that His priority was staying in the PL with minimum spend to benefit from his free advertising and to try and get the club to become self funding. Even within the tight confines of this model, I think he would have preferred to win although not for sporting reasons.

However in the last window I think he loosened the purse strings to try and avoid another relegation battle and also maybe to try and improve our playing style.

That was a big spend for Ashley on four players and I am sure he’ll be worrying that he hasn’t had value which is what makes him tick. I would also prefer value for money and wouldn’t like the idea of wasting money no matter how rich I was.

• 39 John Tudor // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM

• 40 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Ibiza… Sorry last post was to you not jail.

• 41 Toonfan8 // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:11 PM

my team selection for Liverpool game…
    if lascelles will be injured, put there Williamson, if he is injured too, put Anita to RB….Janmaat cant play as RB, because he isnt very good defensively…but he is good at crossing and attacking area, he should be RM in D.Beckham mould from his MU times…and we need good full backs who can defend and in Mbemba and Mbabu we have that, and also need Lascelles or Williamson heigh in the CB positions…if Sissoko doesnt play good, put there Thauvin and tell him to cross the ball as many times as he can, also Janmaat…Colback to sit deep and Gini,Perez and Mitro to attack ball in the box…this is my tactic and play 110% with heart and passion and if we lost we lost, but they have to put there everything they have…

• 42 Reyantoon // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:11 PM

I guess Charnley’ll appoint Cathro if Steve Mac somehow walks away or sacked.He will stick to his blue print – “slow act, no need of knee jerk decision,we’ll wait till summer..”
    Not sure about Moyes but I’d take Rodgers immediately just b/c he managed a bigger club and has PL experience.

• 43 Ibizatoon // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Betty…I did wonder who that was meant for.

I find it incredibly hard to make the jump from agreeing to the first paragraph to your scenario.

However, what is it that you think has changed, as in, why does he now want more for the club than he wanted before?

I do agree with the last bit to some extent. I would have thought, someone along the way would have said, you know, it doesn’t really cost anymore to try and actually play football. I also can’t knock the amount spent during the summer, or in general, the quality brought in (I suppose we could say there was actually better pound for pound value out there), although I did say at the time that I didn’t think the quantity was enough for the task at hand. They may have spent more money, but for me, they demonstrated they still have no clue.

All this talk of Ashley must…whatever. I’ve seen no evidence that he’s unhappy with his minions work. None what-so-ever. If I could see he cares, then maybe i’d see another side to this, but nothing. We just bundle on, hoping enough has been done, and that we don’t slip away. That’s not ambitious, nor making your own luck.

• 44 Rotonda heights // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Mag 52

is it a crime to want to see some attacking intent raither than a team who under AP spent 70 mins of every match with no passing and movement, just 10 men statically behind the ball and hoping to nick 1.

With AP it was always try not to lose rather than try to win. The home defeat against Reading was the single most disgusting surrender (on orders) I’ve seen from any team ever. But it was just one of many. That’s not football in most people’s language (Pulis, Pardew and Allardyce excepted.)

You’re still dining out on one good season where ba and Cisse were scoring worldies every week, many decisions went our way and injuries finally made AP reluctantly play Ben Arfa.

I don’t recall KK and SBR having their own sack…..campaign. That takes some doing along with all the unwanted record breaking you conveniently forget.

• 45 lochinvar // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:42 PM

John Tudor // Dec 4, 2015 at 1:45 PM

So precise – says it all

• 46 cyprus // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Come on NUFC, win. Believe.

• 47 Tsunki // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:50 PM

The Alan Pardew Show keeps rolling along, rose tinted glasses being handed out to watch his past forced efforts in glorious technicolour, rendered more pretty than the original grey. Let’s not dwell on the little things like the chronic team shape and bizarre favourites, the swearing and threatening behaviour toward fellow professionals, the see-saw ride of wins and losses that gave him that unfortunate win percentage, the handing of vital points to the mackems, plus endless bragging rights ( against the form odds every time mind you) in straight losses to same, let’s not dwell on the past let’s just look at what he can do with someone else’s hard work for barely a season.

• 48 Tsunki // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM

There’s an awful lot of TV money to lose this time if we go down though.

• 49 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Ibiza……. I just think that he is going to allow the club to spend the proceeds that it generates, hoping to find a winning team.

What better scenario, to have a winning football team that costs nothing to subsidise and that provides free advertising for your main business.

He isn’t hands on other than setting the budget but I am certain that he won’t tolerate wasteful spending as he said in his interview but he does seem very tolerant in general with his understudies.

• 50 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:00 PM

To be allowed to spend the surplus income on the team surely isn’t that bad. It should defo give us better than what we have now.

• 51 cyprus // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Toon 8,
    Dummet for Colo eh. That’s stretching it. Colo may be past it but he’s been an Argentina international and can control the ball. One can point the finger but there’s far worse around him. Dummett is championship level, as is Janm, defensively.

• 52 Mag52 // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Point missed again.
    With a collection of lesser ability players he had a few outstanding wins and averaged mid table throughout his four years.
    Awful football it was, for much of the time, but you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

• 53 AncientC // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:22 PM

bettyswallocks: you may have tripped over yourself a tad there. Let me quote you…

“It was blatantly obvious that His priority was staying in the PL with minimum spend”

“However in the last window I think he loosened the purse strings to try and avoid another relegation battle”

We ended the season in the worst form in the PL, it was crystal clear we were heading to the Championship the following season without serious improvement. The loosening of said purse strings ended up adding a 20 year old CF and 20 year old CB to the most vital positions that needed additions in the squad. It is evident that Thauvin was only signed as a way to get rid of Cabella, which means we added 1 senior player in the summer, whilst letting go of 4.

If that is loosening the purse strings to avoid a relegation battle, God help us if Ashley becomes thrifty over the next few windows.

• 54 hibbitt // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:26 PM

i think we could be in for a good klopping on sunday…….this shower of shit have no bottle for a fight

• 55 SPRINGY // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:39 PM

afternoon all
    i agree hibbit……could be embarrassing…again unless they develope a backbone,an intelligent mind and a will to win…as opposed to just showng up and picking up there cheque hoping it’ll get better…if they even hope it will

• 56 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Ancient C……….. I said up until the last window we had spent the bare minimum and it was obvious that survival was the only target.

In the last window he has loosened the purse strings compared to previous Windows.
    After years of making do and patching up the squad it obviously has had no impact on results so a lot more is needed. Whether we get it or not is another question.

• 57 Rotonda heights // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Point not missed at all.

A good manager is a the sum of the parts. Look at clough for example – no money, no superstars, but no excuses and they still played superb football and over achieved at the same time playing the beautiful game.

AP had some great players under him don’t forget that. Ba, Cisse, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Jonas etc all in their prime back then.

So basically your argument really doesn’t hold water. If mid-lower mid table playing dire football is an achievement it’s a pretty poor one. That is the point. Hopefully you won’t miss it again.

• 58 SPRINGY // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM

will be interesting between now and the end of the transfer window coz results will determine the pressure club will be under….
    1)will macca keep his job
    2)will ashley spend and trust the decisions of carr and macca
    3)will players want to join without a new manager/coach
    4)will players leave

• 59 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Springy…….. Those are the questions that need to be answered before we all give up hope completely or kill Ashley.

• 60 SPRINGY // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:55 PM

does anyone no how much newcastle will get in tv money for finishing 17th…..and how much for relegation..parachute payment?

• 61 AncientC // Dec 4, 2015 at 3:59 PM

bettyswallocks, I know what you said, I quoted it specifically. You believe Ashley was being frugal as possible to survive, but after the team looked like it was going to get relegated, Ashley spent a little more money so that the club could survive.

I honestly see no difference.

• 62 hibbitt // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:02 PM

if Mc stays he has to be allowed to pick the players he wants and needs no more french wingers Mc will know who he wants to keep and who he wants shot of and who he wants as replacements the club either have to sack him or back him no more of carrs flops

• 63 SPRINGY // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:02 PM

i cant believe ashley will want to spend if he keeps macca thats all….if he is’nt interested in being successful….if he keeps him as coach surely he has to back him money wise…..but then what player that is better quality then we already have will want to join us…we dont pay massive amounts…whats the hook?….unless theres a new coach……dire times ahead as points will be scarce over the christmas period unless theres a drastic change in attitude

• 64 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Ancient……… I also suggested that maybe the intention was to try and improve our playing style as well as just survive. It was only a suggestion but as I also said he has only ever dipped his toe into the transfer pool and I think he expected a bit more than just survival with his 52 mil outlay.

• 65 firebug666 // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Ashley’s intentions for our club are simple, he spelt it out himself.

Newcastle exist to benefit SD, under Ashley there is no other reason.

The club that has existed for over a 100 years is being run into the ground to benefit a cheap tat shop that exploits children, abuses it’s workforce with zero hour contracts, and couldn’t give a fcuk about the clubs long suffering fan base.

This is Mike Ashley’s Club not ours.

Onwards and Downwards!

• 66 Ron Knee // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:08 PM

If we get hammered in the next two or three matches I expect he’ll quit.

He’s already exuding despair, which must be great for team morale!

• 67 SPRINGY // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:08 PM

do u think carr is the player selector total or do u think macca has a say on who we sign?….if carr is in total charge he should be sacked or should just scout and leave it up2 macca…..player recruitment seems to be a big mess in every way…from finding good players to offering the right money to gettin them over the ever illusive line….shambles

• 68 bettyswallocks // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Springy…… That’s my worry also. Although 52mil isn’t a lot in PL spending, it’s more than he has spent before in one window, so will he have enough confidence in his board and head coach to spend more money without seeing any improvement in results.

• 69 SPRINGY // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:17 PM

its scary mate

• 70 jimiley // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Schteeeve will bash Klopp with his brolly. Thank God we did not get Klopp. Or Gary Neville. We need Remi Garde who did not come even though we were desperate to get him. It takes a certain skill for Penfold to get it horribly wrong all the time. The more you get it wrong at the Toon, the more the owner likes you. It infuriated the fans you see.

• 71 bladeuser // Dec 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM