One Of Our Great Clubs Is On The Road To Relegation

Alan Shearer has been outspoken on just how pathetic Newcastle have been this season and all year for that matter and recently he mentioned his son Will – who is now 15 (would you believe it!) – would rather watch rugby than Newcastle United.

OMG!

Karren-Brady-009

Karren Brady – West Ham Vice-Chairman since 2010

Newcastle are in a terrible state at the moment and the powers that be will have to act soon if things don’t turn around soon because we are in real danger of relegation this season.

We are second bottom of the league at the moment and even Sunderland are above us so that tells you the depth of our problems.

In truth the only person who can act is owner Mike Ashley and he cannot allow Lee Charnley to make a third choice of manager this year if indeed McClaren is fired.

His choice of John Carver and Steve McClaren have been absolutely  disastrous and have brought us only 5 wins and 20 defeats in 33 league game this year – since Alan Pardew left the club.

Karren Brady has sent a message to Mike Ashley via The Sun:

“Alan Shearer’s 15-year-old son often chooses rugby over Newcastle United.”

“The waste of a free ticket may upset the owner more than his club’s failings but, according to Shearer, son Will is not alone.”

“Newcastle are going through an abysmal time, despite boss Steve McClaren saying ‘we are doing the right things every day’, bar matchday, I guess.”

“Owner Mike Ashley has to try to rectify things in the January transfer window, or accept one of our great clubs is on the road to relegation.”

West Ham are only one of the clubs who have overtaken us this season and they appointed Slaven Bilic as manager in the summer to take over from Sam Allardyce, whose contract was allowed to run out.

Sam is now busy saving Sunderland and we expect him to be successful in doing that – he’s a no-nonsense manager – something that Newcastle need right now.

West Ham are currently in 8th place on 22 points in the league – 12 more than Newcastle have.

Slaven hasn’t taken much time to get the Hammers going this season.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM

@Ron Knee

Yeah now that I think of it Cisse will probably start to be fair he was one of the few that were actually trying and looked sharp if only we could get him some decent service I reckon he looks good for a few goals ! But then so did Mitrovic and Perez until their confidence is gone feeding on scraps

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Wonder if Ashley and Charnley will be at the game tomorrow?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I most certainly won’t be wasting 2 hours of my life on watching Newcastle on Sunday!

…how could you justify to your kids that you would rather waste your time on this crap than on them?

• hibbitt

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:08 AM

jesper i honestly think there’s more chance of Mc walking then being sacked if the crowd get on his back on sunday he will walk can not talk pressure that way charnley saves face…….my biggest worry who would they bring in

• beermonkey

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:10 AM

jesper

3 and half so he knows but this will be the first he gets whats going on
    so its gonna be good

• Laurent Robert 32

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:15 AM

As odd as football is, I wouldn’t be surprised if we won 1-0 or lost 0-11.

• Ron Knee

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:24 AM

LR32

Losing 0-11 wouldn’t be odd!

• martoon

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Mrs Martoon’s team:

…………………Elliot
    Anita..Mbemba..Dummett..Mbabu
    Janmaat..Sissoko Colback..Wijnaldum
    ……………….De Jong
    ……………….Cisse

• hibbitt

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:28 AM

looks like were in for proper KLOPPING

• toon kk

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Tbh I don’t really care what the club does anymore, most fans keep turning up at at SJP knowing that we’ll play terrible and get shown a footballing lesson.
    I’m afraid I want more than the club’s willing to offer so once we’re relegated at least Mash might review his mistakes.
    I honestly don’t think we’ll ever see premier league football again for many years to come, the whole clubs fkd.

• nut meg

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Ron
    It might be a case of, never give a sucker an even break…oh dear.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:34 AM

hibbitt…I have said this before and I’ll say it again seeing as there are no pressure on Mc I cannot see him walking anywhere unless it’s home for dinner!

We couldn’t even scare Pardew away…it’s gonna be some nasty turning for that to happen.

Mc is in a job without any real expectations or goals. Why would he walk?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Beer…is there another monkey on the way 😉

• lochinvar

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM

LCBP

Isn’t McClaren more likely to play Cissé as he actually managed to score a goal!!!

If Shearer’s lad prefers rugby could we borrow a rugby ball and play with that – it might even things up a bit . And after all what have been the best games at SJP in recent months – oh yes – the Rugby World Cup.
    At that point the club, the City ( toon ) , the people , were in the spotlight worldwide and the envy of many. Newcastle were top of the world. Even the great sadly late Jonah Lomou was at SJP in awe of the atmosphere, the fans, the City.
    Ashley, Charnley and McLaren have in a matter of weeks allowed all that to be reduced to nought. They should be ex communicated.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:37 AM

hibbitt…the game against Palace should have been curtain call for both Mc and the turd Charnley

• Clematis

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:41 AM

I say play like Leicester. Play a deep back 4, 2 midfielders who can actually make forward passe and pace on the wings. Invite pressure, and hit on the break.

Darlow (need a change)

Jaanmat – Mbemba – Dummett – Mbabu

De Jong

Sissoko – perez – wini – Thauvin

Mitrovic

Thoughts???

• Clematis

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Aaaagh! Remove Thauvin…unless we’re allowed to play 12?

• Ron Knee

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM

nut meg

We rarely seem to manage a consolation goal at the end, either.

• Clematis

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:44 AM

I think I’m on glue or summat! 1 holding/quarterback midfielder!

4-1-4-1

• Clematis

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Jeezas, this is getting worse…I did have eleven players originally!!!

I’m worried for myself.

• Laurent Robert 32

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:56 AM

I think McClaren will walk in the not-so-distant future if it goes on like this for much longer. I’m sure he is a good coach in the development strategies side of things, Alex Ferguson wouldn’t have used him if not, but you need to be able to man-manage players as well, and that is a skill in itself.

• sparky55

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:10 AM

The ‘board’ won’t sack themselves for making the atrocious decisions they have and they won’t sack themselves for the worst possible implementation of the ‘vision’ ashley put together that pretty much mirrors his tat shop philosophy…buy cheap…sell high.

Every club has the same philosophy to a degree and every club will take the odd punt on a player in the hope they’ll come good and serve the club well and eventually be sold for a significant profit…but Charmless is a bit like a teachers pet…he listened to the vision and instead of going for one or two hopefuls a season, he fills the whole squad with them to impress his teacher and the hopefuls have all turned out to be duds.

The other problem is ashley likes quick profits…another Sports Direct philosophy running through our club which means anyone who does come good is sold in a flash and replaced with another hopeful…resulting in all the experienced premiership players being sold and we’re now left with the dross.

It’s Ashley’s strategy being implemented by morons…so the only sensible outcome is to sack the board in it’s entirety and replace with footballing people who know what they’re doing otherwise we go down

…but this is newcastle…so we’re going down where the squad belong

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM

RonKnee
    Worst defeats for the TOON
    Record Defeat
    Home: Sunderland 9–1: (A) 5 December 1908
    Away: 0-9 v Burton Wanderers (a), Div Two, 15th April 1895

Goals scored for and Against
    Fewest League goals scored in a season — 30 in 42 matches, Second Division, 1980-81
    Most League goals conceded in a season — 109 in 42 matches, First Division, 1960-61

The way things are going a few of these could be broken this season!

• Ron Knee

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:16 AM

sparky

I hate that old cliché ‘not fit for purpose’, but that’s exactly what we are at all levels of the club.

• Ron Knee

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Charlie

Looks like a piece of cake!

• sparky55

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:22 AM

Ron Knee

I was on Talksport last saturday and that’s exactly what I said about Colocinni

• sparky55

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Charlie

I wasn’t aware there was any negative records to broken…they must be the last two and then we’ll have the whole suite of 150 years as club broken in the last 5.

Cheers ya fat b@st@rd

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:35 AM

sparky
    record defeats – home and away could they be broken in 7/8 days

Arghhhhhhhhh

• sparky55

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Tomorrow will certainly threaten the home one and either tottenham or arsenal or Liverpool or chelsea could very easily threaten the away one.

Happy days eh!

• Ron Knee

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Is this the parasite’s definition of winning something?

• Reyantoon

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM

nut meg – no offence intended earlier.You are entitled to ur opinion.I guess u are some 40yrs older than me.So I won’t bite or have a go with such kind of people.
    However, your responses become offensive lately.If that is ur intention,be my guest as I don’t bite.You mentioned xhaka not long ago.
    Previously u mentioned Abdenour.What makes u think we’ll sign 25-30 million worth of players?
    That’s what you are asking!!

• Bobbybee

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM

After my return from the Leicester game, i discovered the followowing days i couldn’t walk at all. Then i got a letter asking why I hadn’t sent the the form for my MRI scan. Turned out the Dr hadn’t sent it. The Occupational therapist came round to make it easier for me to sit up in bed and go to the bog. Wednesday I finally got my appt to the the MRI SCAN chap, which meant a painful bumpy ride in an adapted minibus to Morpeth. So, six weeks after my x rays confirmed a broken back in several places I got to see the specialist – only to discover my Dr hadn’t sent the fooking x rays so he had no idea what was going on. Another week before i can see him again and another week laid up. Which means I miss the Liverpool game at least, but worse, my season might be over. I can’t even drive safely. Devastated. Ironically, i know some of you might jokingly think this is a blessing in disguise, but for me it’s a disaster. First home game i’ve missed for year’s. The Leicester game was bad but tomorrows just can’t happen. Heartbroken just about covers it. ; ( permanently stuck in bed when every move nearly destroys you ain’t fun. I can’t describe the pain and the football really isn’t helping. It may be the pain, or just reality kicking in, but even I’m getting that doomed feeling. What a mess.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM

add another record
    least no points
    1977–78 Div 1 42 games 22 points relegated

• beermonkey

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:04 PM

jesper

hell no one is enough

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:09 PM

1977-78 season
    remember Micky Burns – ‘He shot he missed he must be F***in’ pissed, Micky Burns, Micky Burns’ rang out from the terraces

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Beermonkey…we are going for a third one eventually 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:58 PM

The message it must have sent out to the existing players when we let JC run the show for six months has done irreversible damage. Fcuking clowns !

• Ron Knee

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Citeh 2-0 down

• Rotonda heights

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Shaquiri 12M
    Thauvin 13M go figure….!!! Carr has to go.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:15 PM

Jesper……… You say you won’t be wasting your time watching the game on Sunday as you couldn’t justify it to your kids.

May I ask how you justify the time you spend on here Spouting your cynical nonsense.
    This is a blog for NUFC fans so you are not qualified to comment.