The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Who Was Our Best Player In 2-0 Win Against Liverpool?

7:00 pm, Sunday, December 6th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 17 Comments

I’m still in shock at Newcastle’s 2-0 win against Liverpool and I’m also getting some aggro from my long-suffering wife Madeline (a beautiful Geordie girl) for saying before the game it could be a cricket score if we play badly and don’t turn up.

Oh well – such things happen when you support Newcastle United – but this is a day to celebrate – and who knows – if we can keep playing like this a lot more we may even survive in the Premier League this season.

Credit to the players who all turned up today and there were some good workmanlike performance in what is a famous win and we had some luck too.

gini wijnaldum

Gini Wijnaldum after scoring this afternoon

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Liverpool?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Man of the Match · Management · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

17 responses so far ↓

• 1 toonking // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:03 PM

jamaat- certainly did well today, not a much trouble from wingers as i’ve seen in previous days

• 2 NezzaNUFC // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM

If I’m honest I would say Anita should of got MOTM, he attacked he defended he intercepted passes he dribbled past players.

Funny how they are all Dutch lol even SDJ looked impressive and would of been 4th ony list if kept on, you can tell SDJ is going to be important player with being a playmaker.

But didn’t anyone else notice the players were getting fed up with Cisse not watching the ball?

It felt a few times SDJ wanted to shout at him.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Moontsker from three threads back see too king from one thread back.

• 4 Ron Knee // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM

I’m still in a state of mild shock.

The next test has to be can they stage a comeback after conceding a goal?

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Can anyone help me out here. On my last Samsung device when I made a typo it showed up with a red line underneath, I have the red line function switched on and it works with other text input like facebook and amazon etc ???

• 6 Slank // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM

There were some outstanding performances in terms of commitment from quite a few players.

My MOTM was Janmaat who was ‘up for it’ from the start and showed strength and quickness in defending and was always eager to get forward. It was between him or Anita who was tenacious all afternoon. Both Gini and Sissoko were good also and their stamina came through with charges up field.

The only weakness (with a small ‘w’) was Dummitt. He looked very hesitant especially in the first half and didn’t present any threat going forward.

But in the end it was an excellent team performance.

• 7 Belfast // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:13 PM

December 6, 2015
    Imagine not having watched the match after such a memorable performance.

Still , you know best Jesper.

Hahaha Brilliant.

• 8 catchy in norway // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:14 PM

i have never ever slated P45 for possession, crazy man, ?

the only 2 things i have ever had a go at him about are his style off football, and what he says.

the football was garbage and everything he said about the game was a total different way to the way i seen it.

he seemed to get weak minded people to believe he played on the front foot football, no long balls, and we were exciting..

the only time i have ever mentioned possession in one of his games was when he played Man c with palace, palace where murdered, only 25% possession and 2 shot on target and won,, pure luck

• 9 Belfast // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Turn it off and turn it on again Jail

• 10 eddyinpoole // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:14 PM

all the players totally committed today as they should be every game.keep this going and we will be okay.onwards and upwards

• 11 Belfast // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Anyway, Hope you enjoyed your day Jesper.

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:19 PM

• 13 Bambams // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:21 PM

They all did well.
    Must admit I really like Mbemba and he looks like he will become even better.
    Anita did well, loved Wini second goal….Cultured

• 14 goommy // Dec 6, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Gini, but Anita and others must take credit too. After we wake up on 30 mins pass we run like mad and control game quite well. We can do (much) better but this is surely a nice game for us. Well done lads!!

• 15 sloveniangeordie // Dec 6, 2015 at 8:53 PM

I voted for De Jong. Very good performance, he worked hard at the middle, he really tried his best to show us all how good he is. I’m very glad with what i saw today.
    All team was superb today, I think they all deserve to be men of the match.

• 16 Thrasher // Dec 6, 2015 at 9:24 PM

I had Gini as my man of the match at half time. Thought he looked up for it & showed some great skills in tight midfield spots today.. then came the 2nd half.. boooom.. reward!!!!

• 17 NYMAG // Dec 6, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Great win, I was resigned to a cricket score line beating so over the moon with the points and clean sheet. Back 4 pretty steady.

But seriously….250 people thought Anita was mom….It was literally his worst performance in a black and white shirt. He was atrocious and gave the ball away so many times. Sissoko was awful as well, turned up in the 93rd minute with a good run and ball.

I hope this real is the turning point for our season and we put significant investment in Jan

previous post: Gini Wijnaldum Thanks Newcastle Fans On Twitter