The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Make New Move For Former Defensive Target

2:00 pm, Friday, December 11th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 73 Comments

Newcastle were first interested in Cheikh M’Bengue in the summer of 2011 when he was at his home town club Toulouse and we retained an interest in the player for a couple of years.

But there’s news today that Newcastle are again interested in the 27 year-old who moved to Rennes in the summer of 2013.

French outlet RMC Sport is reporting of Newcastle’s renewed interest in signing the Frenchman next month.

Cheikh M'Bengue

Cheikh M’Bengue – now at Rennes

The 18 times capped 6′ tall Senegal International has been in good form over the past couple of seasons and is attracting interest from a number of clubs around Europe including Newcastle.

And one reason Newcastle are interested in him is that he becomes a free agent in the summer and Newcastle would want to bring him in next month for potentially a bargain basement price – if possible – and we certainly need an experienced left back brought in.

Newcastle keep detailed tabs on players who will be free agents – in case we want to bring the player in on the cheap – which is one of the ways Newcastle are run these days.

While at Toulouse – where he played with Moussa Sissoko for five seasons, he made a total of 158 appearances with two goals and five assists and since he’s been at Rennes he’s played 72 times.

Cheikh played 12 times for the French U21 side but in May 2011, he announced that he would represent the Senegal national team at senior international level.

He made his debut for Senegal in June 2011.

Can you help 3 year-old Kian?

On 31st October 2013 then 18 month old Kian from Prudhoe was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma cancer – and it was high risk stage 4 plus MYCN – which is the most aggressive form of this rare cancer.

The parents were told he had a 50/50 chance of survival during treatment and if successful an 80% chance of a relapse, and while the initial treatment seemed to be successful a relapse has taken place.

Advanced treatment for Kian is only available in Germany or the USA and the cost of treatment is £550K.

His parents are trying desperately to raise the money after an agonizing last couple of years – please take a look on this web-site where there is a lot more information – and see if you can help out.

Many thanks.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

73 responses so far ↓

• 1 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Dec 11, 2015 at 2:12 PM

• 2 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 11, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Our Toon…Jeff speaks monkey alot!

• 3 SPRINGY // Dec 11, 2015 at 2:46 PM

from now till the end of jan we will be linked with absolutely everybody…again and again…blah blah blah…until theres movement from the club its all window shopping from the papers

• 4 lochinvar // Dec 11, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Again the buddy system kicks in with a pal for Sissoko – to keep him happy here. Maybe they can flat share.

Charnley thinks that a long name with 14 characters is a better money spinner for shirt and iron on name sales in the club shop when compared to Dele Alli – a miserly 8 characters.

He’s missed a trick mind, should be going after the Charlton player,
    “Reza Ghoochannejhad ” – ker ching !

• 5 geordie157 // Dec 11, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Is any better than what we’ve got….not sure.

Willems is who we need or maybe Ben Davies if spurs will sell.

I like the two Everton youngsters galloway and garbutt but they’ll prob stay put as baines is starting to miss a lot of games now.

although with a top centre back alongside him haidara could improve a lot.

• 6 JamesToon // Dec 11, 2015 at 4:26 PM

don’t think spurs will sell coz they’ll want him in case rose gets injured. but surely davies would rather be a regular here than a backup there. would love him

• 7 angelswithdirtyfaces // Dec 11, 2015 at 4:30 PM

lochinvar // Dec 10, 2015 at 11:07 PM

I saw the name on the Jeff list of Ashley brands.
    Just bought a Berghaus jacket and I’d hate to think any of my money went to any of Ashley’s companies – so that’s good news.
    I remember the original shop on Dean St.
    I believe has has Cotswold as well.
    Funnily enough Karrimor were a high end company too at one time – had a mill in Accrington and the brand started going down when they outsourced to the far east.
    Outsourcing to Sunderland is a different ball game entirely though.

• 8 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 4:42 PM

I do believe that was a list of brands sold instore not necessarily owned by SD although many are.

• 9 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Teams suggested by the Grauniad

• 10 cyprus // Dec 11, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Admit I’ve gone for a loss following my ‘prediction’ of a win vs. Liverpool.

But then, you just never know with this team. We’ve been hammered by Spurs but we’ve also pulled off some (lucky) wins.

• 11 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Gouffran off to Lille looks like

• 12 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Between us and AC Milan for Joel Matip,22738.html

• 13 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Riviere has a setback with his recovery from his meniscus tear 🙁

• 14 John Tudor // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:12 PM

more drivel from the claptrap maestro

• 15 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:16 PM

We all understand the hate/hate relationship with Ashley, but you don’t have to look too far to stop putting money into his pocket if you really hate him that much. Get rid of Sky tv, or Virgin, BT etc, because they all contribute towards his wedge. And they’ll contribute even more next season. The other tv companies buy Sky products off Sky, so either directly or indirectly, he benefits when the massive football money gets dished up. He gets his grubby little hands on your money one way or another. Seriosly, it’s not worth losing sleep over. 🙂

• 16 toon22 // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Another gamble on some French/Dutch player with no Prem experience.
    Just what we need.

• 17 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:24 PM

John Tudor
    I really wouldn’t mind if it was drivel.
    The majority of stuff I post I guess most genuine supporters would find interesting.
    I get the impression you just have a pop cos it’s me , without looking.

• 18 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Jib, to be fair, I would be interested in what it says, if only I could understand a word of it! 😉 Sadly I only speak English, so if you could put a rough translation with it, it would be of great help to the likes of me,

• 19 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Aye nae bother Bobby
    Certain posters accuse me of being a smart arse for putting a rough précis of what is said but I shall do it for thee .

• 20 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:40 PM

So let’s follow the logic. Because Mike Ashleys money trickles in from multiple indirect sources, and in some way you’re going to contribute a pound or two to SD unconsciously somewhere along the line, it’s best not to worry about it, forget the voting with the wallet thing, and go all in spending your money buying season tickets, match tickets replica kit, cheap sportswear and sporting accessories, beer, balti pies……….

• 21 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Ray I don’t think anyone accuses you of being smart.

• 22 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:45 PM

I always post wearing a collar and tie

• 23 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:54 PM

I enjoyed reading the musings about whether an ‘ attacking player’ should be obliged to track back, harry and defend along with their already installed duties, that being the demand of the ‘ modern game’. Some got it right though, and observed that it really depended on the tactic,the team and the player or any combo of these. The problem with the ‘ modern game’ theory is that so far nobody has produced a ‘ modern human’ ( sorry Darwin, can’t see it from up this close…) so unless anyone can say that players,are exponentially fitter than say thirty years ago, it’s another idea that falls flat on it’s ass once you try and pin it to reality. it’s probably ok to ask a short, low CoG player whose forté is darting into the box at opportune moments to help out with the running around thing, but quite another to ask the AM who runs three quarters the length of the pitch every few minutes to get back to his own box and chase down attackers, or the deep lying tricky-footed opportunity maker to lose all the advantage of his speed and fitness against a defender by constantly tracking back and marking. it’s the old Ginola, Robert even HBA merry go round of daftness where ‘ experts’ apply a blanket theory over every player like a magic onesie. Always worth a chuckle though.

• 24 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Well I suppose you can’t really fault anyone for dressing formally to blog 🙂

• 25 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Tsunki, the money raised from ticket sales and merchandise actually goes towards NUFC, because Ashley sneakily seperated himself from the club a long time ago. I’m not getting into this again because I can’t be arsed, but those are the facts mate and cab be checked easily enough. You can’t complain about the club not spending enough on quality players whilst advocating not spending money with the club. Luckily, those fans who still go spend money, so we’ll keep the club going to give you something to whine about. He’ll be gone one day. Can you guarantee the next owner will be better? No.

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Lets get right behind Hitler in case the next guy is Pol Pot !

• 27 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Ryan Giggs for Swansea ?
    Good appointment ?
    I think it could work !

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:06 PM

How do you know money from merchandise goes to the club, Rangers certainly doesn’t and why have all the club shops shut.

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Do you think we would have done a Leeds without the fat man?

• 30 AncientC // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Tsunki, if players were exponentially fitter than 30 years ago, they would be running through brick walls by now.

• 31 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Bobby, why is it whining to suggest that Ashley would be concerned about loss of revenue to nufc? I like your naive view that as the money is taken by nufc, it kinda stops there, and is directly related to ability to spend on player assets. However we all know it’s more convoluted and misty than that. We could delve into the back scratching relationship regarding the shop sales, the free advertising and whether the adverse publicity of falling fan numbers at games triggered any reaction from the top, but I don’t doubt we’d get into a hazy accounting argument that none of us are privy to the finer (and I posit, nefarious) details of.

I would just say that the latest targeting of minors for Cut price tickets to fill the stadium has it’s roots in less than philanthropic intentions, that the cut, after all transactions between SD and NUFC shop have been concluded is decidedly miserly on the clubs part, and the absolute obliteration of the ground by SD advertising all have powerful motives. Thus, any organised actions by the customers all this is reliant upon to cut off the oxygen to it, would have to cause some kind of reaction. And it seems that even the tiniest actions have done just that.

As for spending on players, if Ashley had any commitment to us as a sporting institution he would shove his hand in his own pocket, fumble around for chump change of a few million, and buy them himself. Put that small slice where his mouth was, pre West ham game video mouth that is – not ask the punters to fill the ground and chomp down on his vile pies and buy a Maggie Duvet first.

• 32 Average_Contents // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Sneaked himself away from the club?

Lmfco. Funniest thing I’ve heard all year

You really believe that. Come now Bobby, your not that gullible surely.

He’s intricately entangled the club within the SD machine so no fcuker knows where it begins or ends. Club stores are now SD outlets, land belonging to the club has changed hands from us to him. Crystal clear it is not.

Why would someone do that unless there was something to hide or keep under wraps.

I cannot ever remember the club dissectiing the commercial revenue and stating what each department brought in. How do you know then?

I’d wager with the type of huge tw@t he is that it’ll never be disclosed.

Look what he’s doing to rangers and he doesn’t even fcuking own them outright. God knows what he’s doing to us. He’s a sly underhand fat fcuk.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

• 33 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Rangers was a seperate deal specifically about merchandise. The Newcastle deal has been in place for years – check it out. Talk about drama queen. Pol Pot and Hitler? Really? Buying merchandise at NUFC is also keeping Geordies in jobs. So you’d rather they were all unemployed then? Says so much about you. In fact, it says so much I won’t bother helping you dig that hole as you’re doing such a fine job yourself. I noticed over 50k backed your stance the last two home games. You carry on shouting ‘Ashley Out’ and the rest will carry on ignoring you. 😉

• 34 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM

And let’s be even handed about Ashley going – can you guarantee the next owner won’t be better? it’s not a great stance to take that it’s better to live with having your buttocks scourged with a chain, because the next torturer might be an electrocution specialist.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:25 PM

There were a lot more Geordies hired at NUFC and the various club shops dotted all over before Ashley took over, he’s laid off hundreds, and when did you ever hear about the club selling half price season tickets ?

• 36 AncientC // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Better the Devil you know – said every person with Stockholm syndrome.

• 37 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:26 PM

I bet there were asbestos factories that kept Geordies in jobs

• 38 AncientC // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:33 PM

The only reason our club is not playing in the Wonga Arena, is because Wonga decided not to rename our stadium.

Think about the implications of that for a moment.

• 39 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:37 PM

There have been at least three 47 K, one 48 K and a 49 K crowds at home this season. I haven’t jeffed it yet but I bet the averages are well down over previous years. Hence the begging emails to get the kids to winkle some pocket money out of their folks for cheap half season tickets.

• 40 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Falling crowds are related to performances. Every club has fair weather fans – as we’ve heard enough on here say they’ll never go again. That’s normal. Look at the crowds before Keegan turned up. Therein lies the problem. The majority of whiners arrived with Keegan and expect it to always be the same. Notice i say majority, not all and being over a certain age doesn’t mean you went when crowds were under 10k either. Chances are if you don’t go now, you didn’t go then. You support your TEAM through thick and thin and the owner has no bearing on it. Don’t like it, don’t go. Is it really that hard? 50k managed it the last two games, but hey, you few must be right there’s that many of you. You don’t get the right to tell us how to spend our money, so don’t even try. You spend it how you want, We’ll spend ours how we want. Not rocket science is it?

• 41 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Ancient – a PR stitch up if ever I saw one. SD plays bad cop, renames SJP. Offers to prospective sponsor a deal including image – enhancing ploy of ‘ handing back sjp’ to the faithful.

• 42 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:46 PM

I got the impression that the e-mail was not so much about finance but more a concern about keeping the atmosphere in the stadium .

It was clearly aimed at the huge transient student population in the city.

No matter how you cut it , £2.50 per match is hellish good value for premier league games.

• 43 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Bobbybee I’m not telling you how to spend your money. I’m just proposing a plausible explanation of how it’s spent.

• 44 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:48 PM

I’m away to watch football, but really? Asbestos factories. Betcha as much as you want nobody working for NUFC dies from cancer related to working for the club. This is why you can’t have discussions with the likes of you. Der! Asbestos? You seriously couldn’t make that shyte up. Gave us a laugh though. That’s it, end of. I can’t match that. You spend your money, I’ll spend mine. Just hope I don’t get radiation poisoning from entering SJP. 😉

• 45 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Ray they’ll be happy because that the impression they wanted. They could have got atmosphere by spending money at the right time on the right players.

• 46 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Bobbybee I’ll put it down to the exacerbation of your current health predicament that you are getting hot under the collar about a simple debate. Asbestos factories? it’s just hyperbole, seriously, do you think I’m really equating terminal lung afflictions to Ashleys NUFC tenure?

• 47 AncientC // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Tsunki – Wonga paying for the stadium name to be St. James’ Park, was without doubt a poorly thought out charm offensive.

I am not quite sure what the thinking was behind using Wonga – after Richard Branson had been directly quoted as stating he was not offered a deal to keep sponsorship with the club.

• 48 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 7:56 PM

I’m also, for the record, not suggesting that we are all currently experiencing having our backsides whipped with chains, although I’ve a sneaking suspicion there may be some who would actually enjoy that 🙂

• 49 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Ancient I dare say there are degrees of separation to be explored between SD, Mike and the dirty cash shop. It’ll come out in the wash no doubt.

• 50 Jib // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:01 PM

He’s like Michael Jackson doning a moonwalk.

Make an outrageous statement — then smarm your way out of it .

Ha ha ha

• 51 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:03 PM

‘The likes of you’ though, Bobby. Nice.

• 52 lochinvar // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:05 PM

angelswithdirtyfaces // Dec 11, 2015 at 4:30 PM @ 7
    I saw the name on the Jeff list of Ashley brands.
    I remember the original shop on Dean St.
    I believe has has Cotswold as well.

angelswithdirtyfaces – more good news for you. He didn’t get Cotswold either – they’re owned by a French parent company and now also own Snow and Rock ( shop at Metro Centre ) so he didn’t get them either !

• 53 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Ray if you’re going to butt in on the adults try to sound like one, and at least try to understand what they are talking about. This ” backtracking” nonsense betrays your lack of comprehension.

• 54 Average_Contents // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:14 PM

May I make a suggestion, in the nicest possible way.

Take your face for a shite.

You know it makes sense because that much diarrhoea spews out of it everytime you try to put across your “holier than thou, I’m better than everyone” “it’s just my opinion” “don’t tell me what to do” “why bother” opinion.

On second thoughts, it’d be a waste of decent toilet paper.

I’m sorry but your bollox has reached a crescendo and I’ve tried not to bite but well done, your fcuking brilliant boy.

• 55 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Ray. Hyperbole is not somewhere the Beatles once played. Check it out online.

• 56 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:22 PM

How about if you cut it with getting spanked by just about every team who visits SJP? I suppose it is still worth one trip in six not wasted….

: D

• 57 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM

• 58 archaeomag // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Our ever popular owner ….

Made me laugh – perhaps it will catch on

• 59 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Angelwith dirty faces
    Pentland PLC own Berghaus and its main rival JD sports
    along with Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Hunter Boot, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.

The Group is also the majority owner of JD Sports Fashion plc, which operates over 800 sports, fashion and outdoor stores across Europe.

Anyway The TOON won’t be investing in any players this winter – Ashley is about £250 million poorer on paper as his sportswear retail business shares took a hit yesterday – sank 73p which wiped £500 million of its market value

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:51 PM

A bit rich coming from you calling someone a drama queen, earlier on in the season I suggested a scenario of Jaanmatt being sent off and Taylor being injured to highlight lack of RB cover, didn’t really need a crystal ball for that scenario, you then suggested a plane crash might happen, !

• 61 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Next time you want to champion Mikey as a saint of employment.

• 62 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Average contents? Well below average by a mile.. You lose an argument then turn to insults because you have nothing left to say. Same little group of boys turning on anybody who disagrees with them. We used to call them bullies but you’ll never bully me. I could insult you, but you do it for me with your sad little remarks. Avaerage sums up your life, good choice in poster name. By the way, you can’t take your face for a shit, but considering the amount of times you talk out your arse, I see why you make the error. You all call Jib – the same boring crowd – but at least he talks football on here, whereas you lot just talk bollox about Ashley and cry when people don’t agree with you. He’s here until he chooses to leave, you need to get over it. If you’d made billions out of nothing, would you listen to some lowlife little nobody tell you how to spend it? Because that’s what you are you know – nobody. Neither will he. When you’ve made billions, you can buy the club from him and run it into the ground – except the world will be gone by then. Like I say, you spend your money how you wish – you never hear me telling you how to do it – and I’ll spend mine MY WAY. You are a fair weather fan, just be man enough to admit it.

• 63 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:19 PM

I don’t champion Ashley. I don’t even like him, but he’s here until he goes. I couldn’t care who owns the club, they’ve all took more out than put in. I just don’t waste my life whittering on about someone I don’t care about. I support NUFC, not the owner and always will. The fact that I’ve repeated that a million times just shows how thick you lot are. If it’s not Ashley, it’s some other greedy tw@t. Nothing changes. Grow up ffs.

• 64 John Tudor // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Jabba the Hutt

• 65 John Tudor // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:26 PM

you go your way ill go mine the hutt out

• 66 John Tudor // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:28 PM

you lot stay in your fairytale world me in the real one

• 67 Average_Contents // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Class that bobby. Very original. I bet you’ve been mulling over that for awhile.

Do you know what I do for a living? Nothing glamorous I’m afraid, but no, you do not.

Just a thought though, what argument are you referring too, which in your very humble opinion I lost? 1-0 to bobby it seems everyone.

You never responded in the first instance so again what argument. I asked you when the club made public the revenue from merchandise and you are yet to answer it.

Who mentioned spending your money? Certainly not me.

Tell us all again how utterly brilliant you are. Please, I’ve never got sick of hearing about it. Oh and the expression “take your face for a shite” is just that, an expression.

Best fan in the world you boy. Keep it up.

They may even name an award after you.

Biggest tosspot on planet earth.

Well deserved IN MY OPINION.

• 68 Average_Contents // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:38 PM

I don’t like ashley but…..

Leeds. Your dying to say it aren’t you.

You fcuking love him. Why you lyin forrrr.

• 69 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM

You talk about attendances before KK and the John Hall era, it’s all relative mate Arsenals attendances around the same were about the 27K mark, our relegation season of 88/89 season had us pulling in more than most despite being shite, you only remember it being really bad because you grew up in an era when idiots like jibberish nearly ruined the game by going round in the back of mini buses thinking they hard.

• 70 jimmysmith // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM

I don’t imagine Ashley holds us in much regard, or has any sort of deep affection for the club, nor a particularly well developed sense of social obligation. An EPL club can also become a bottomless pit to throw your money into, which he certainly won’t fancy, so our only real hope is self sufficiency, I suppose.

Against that, a prosperous Newcastle is certainly in his and SD’s interest, and any profit Newcastle can turn is small potatoes to Ashley, and of course he does need to spend to protect his asset, so you would rightly expect the money to go back in.

I expect that to happen, although it seems to me that if Ashley had allowed it earlier, he’d be no more out of pocket, which makes you feel a little uneasy about what the future might hold, considering our present and recent woes were not a necessary consequence of balancing our books.

The greater concern, I think though, is the efficacy of the board, considering how elusive success in football is. But while Carr and McC don’t appear to be of the highest order, nor Charnley or Moncur, they do have a wealth of collective experience in the game and at the club, and the goal is top eight and a domestic cup, which isn’t exactly outlandish ambition and so should be eminently achievable.

• 71 Average_Contents // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Watch you don’t strain your arms bobby. Ya know, patting yourself on the back in that smug, self congratulatory way you don’t do.

Anyway it’s Bed time for me.

Night sweetcheeks.

• 72 geordieboy83 // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM

I’ve gotta say I do get where Bobby is coming from in terms of hitting Ashley’s pocket, not attending etc is minimal in comparison to the billions on offer from Sky. However each to there own if they want to boycott then fair enough we all have our means and ways.

I don’t think personally things are ever quite as bad as we make out. I’d give my left nut to live close to home again and have a season ticket regardless of performances, it’s just a joy the very few times I get to walk out at the stadium.

Jail mate, the whole Leeds, Blackburn, Portsmouth thing, as small a chance it is we could follow suit, I can’t blame people for being trepidatious when it comes to this as it is a possibility with change. Not saying I would be scared for this reason but understand if people would be.

At the end of the day people pro and against Ashley, boycotts etc are just stating there opinion. Take them for what they are.

Every time a decent debate starts it just turns into bitching and somebody is a tw@ for having the nerve to disagree

Ashley out/Ashley in either way the toon are still my room and my 3 year old bounced around the sitting room with joy in Sunday when gini scored his second. Nothing will take that from me

• 73 jimmysmith // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Bobby, I don’t think Ashley is here for as long as he likes. The fans have greater collective power, and if push came to shove, and were emboldened and committed, they’d force him out. I’m sure he’s aware of that.

previous post: Pundit Explains Why Players Driving McClaren Mad