The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Linked With Peru International Forward

9:39 pm, Friday, December 11th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 44 Comments

Newcastle have been linked with 24 year-old Peru International forward Andre Carrillo for over a year now and there were reports last January that he was a target of Newcastle´s – but as we know Lee Charnley didn´t being any players into the squad in January.

Carrillo is at Sporting Lisbon and his contact is due to run out in the summer after four years at the Lisbon club – and therefore we shouldn´t be too surprised if Newcastle are linked with a player who could come fairly cheap in the transfer market.

andre carrillo

Andre Carrillo – Newcastle interested

Carrillo has been suspended by the club since September due to contract difficulties between him and his club and about 10 days ago the Sporting Lisbon President Bruno de Carvalho tried to clarify the situation:

“I still believe that Andre Carrillo will not go to zero cost,” “What I can say to Andre Carrillo is still recovering from injury and is under a disciplinary process.”

“When you have a firm decision, one way or the other, I will tell you. Until then, everything is possible.”

Carrillo was suspended because his club had accused him of unfair play in the process of renewal discussion on his contract – translation – he didn´t want to sign a new contract.

So this season he has played only 7 times with one goal for Sporting, but since joining them from Alianza Lima in the summer of 2011 he´s played 162 times with 16 goals and 39 assists.

Carrillo was born in Lima, Peru and he made his debut for his country back in May of 2011 and has amassed 23 full caps with two goals.

There were rumors over the last few months he would be sold in January and he could be sold to the highest bidder – but with his contract running out in about six months he could also be a bargain buy.

The fact that Newcastle have been interested in the right winger for over  a year now – he could certainly be  target for Newcastle next month – and  especially when he could become  a bargain buy – we all know the club likes bargain buys.

However,  some big clubs like Valencia, Inter Milan, Galatasaray, Benfica and Porto have also been following the circus in Lisbon and all are also interested in signing the player next month.

Carrillo usually plays out on the right wing but he can also play as a second striker.

What do you think?

Can you help 3 year-old Kian?

On 31st October 2013 then 18 month old Kian from Prudhoe was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma cancer – and it was high risk stage 4 plus MYCN – which is the most aggressive form of this rare cancer.

The parents were told he had a 50/50 chance of survival during treatment and if successful an 80% chance of a relapse, and while the initial treatment seemed to be successful a relapse has taken place.

Advanced treatment for Kian is only available in Germany or the USA and the cost of treatment is £550K.

His parents are trying desperately to raise the money after an agonizing last couple of years – please take a look on this web-site where there is a lot more information – and see if you can help out.

Many thanks.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

44 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM

I’m a considerably more better fan than yoww !

• 2 Average_Contents // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Watch you don’t strain your arms bobby. Ya know, patting yourself on the back in that smug, self congratulatory way you don’t do.

Anyway it’s Bed time for me.

Night sweetcheeks.

• 3 Average_Contents // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Jimmysmith syndrome

Hi jimmy.

Deffo going sleep.

Night all.

• 4 geordieboy83 // Dec 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I’ve gotta say I do get where Bobby is coming from in terms of hitting Ashley’s pocket, not attending etc is minimal in comparison to the billions on offer from Sky. However each to there own if they want to boycott then fair enough we all have our means and ways.

I don’t think personally things are ever quite as bad as we make out. I’d give my left nut to live close to home again and have a season ticket regardless of performances, it’s just a joy the very few times I get to walk out at the stadium.

Jail mate, the whole Leeds, Blackburn, Portsmouth thing, as small a chance it is we could follow suit, I can’t blame people for being trepidatious when it comes to this as it is a possibility with change. Not saying I would be scared for this reason but understand if people would be.

At the end of the day people pro and against Ashley, boycotts etc are just stating there opinion. Take them for what they are.

Every time a decent debate starts it just turns into bitching and somebody is a tw@ for having the nerve to disagree

Ashley out/Ashley in either way the toon are still my room and my 3 year old bounced around the sitting room with joy in Sunday when gini scored his second. Nothing will take that from me

• 5 jimmysmith // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Goodnight AC

• 6 geordieboy83 // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Still my toon not room

• 7 jane // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:08 PM

we haven’t got it too bad I just watched Wolves v Forest, Wolves have had 4 seasons in the premier league and Forest 5. we have had 21 so can’t complain too much.

• 8 jimmysmith // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Fine clubs, but aren’t we significantly bigger though?

• 9 G // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM

Meanwhile on topic -Dirt cheap, naff player. Expect him to sign, way too weak for a physical contest, not particularly pacy, but no slouch, completely underwhelming player. Gini’s replacement?

• 10 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Below average, if you think i give you one second of thought outside this blog then it’s blatantly obvious who has the higher opinion of themselves. I put my opinion across and don’t care who agrees or disagrees with it – least of all fair weather fans. Why would I? You don’t matter to me one piece. You call Ashley tight fisted, then whine when he drops ticket prices. Can you possibly see how stupid that argument sounds? Just out of interest, how many other clubs froze their ST prices for ten
    years? Not too many I imagine. Contradictions all over the place. I’ve never patted myself on the back, but you know better i suppose, knowing me so well. Right now, I’d love to be able to pat myself on the back lmao. Mummy and daddy called you to bed then? It is getting late with school in the morning. Watch the monster under the bed doesn’t get you! Whooooo! Unless you’re not still in school, in which case, WOW! Great act.

• 11 Sazzer // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:34 PM

I would avoid Cheikh M’Bengue since I think he wouldn’t offer a lot more than Haidara.

Willems is the way to go as long as his recovery goes well. We need a LB that cross the ball into Mitrovic.

Andre Carrillo would also be a very good signing.

• 12 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Goerdie boy83. The voice of reason. People can disagree without resorting to bitching, but it seldom happens. I’m not pro Ashley, nor against him – I simply don’t care. He’s done good things, he’s done bad – possibly more bad but who’s counting. There’s a change happening that it visible for all to see. Will he carry it through, that’s the question. I just say give him a chance to prove himself because he’s going nowhere until he’s ready. The next two windows will tell, is that too long to wait? Not in my opinion, but I’m an Ashley lover for suggesting it. I’ll never give up my ST because I’d support the toon in the bottom division, so why would i give it up because some nomarks say i should. My money. My choice. Same with them. You’ve never hear me demand they buy one, but i get told i’m the trouble because i buy mine religiously each season. You support your club win, lose or draw and if you can’t do that, imo, you ain’t a fan. If that upsets none fans, then ask me if I care? You clearly get it. That buzz of going to the games regardless of the result. It’s not all about winning, it’s about pride and passion in your team. If it was all about winning, the league would consist of about five clubs, not 92. That’s my stance but because they don’t get it, they resort to insults. Well i can do that just as well, if not better. I feel for you not being able to attend as often as you’d like, it must hurt like hell.

• 13 bettyswallocks // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Ashley can’t do anything until January other than sell up and leave , which isn’t going to happen as he doesn’t want to and there is no buyer on the horizon anyway.
    Come January he will be judged on his actions in the transfer market and rightly so.

• 14 welshgeordie9 // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:49 PM

BobbyBee

Agree with you with the if you don’t agree with someone they start insulting you, pathetic really.

Anyway hopefully we will beat Spurs on Sunday.

• 15 geordieboy83 // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Yeah Bobby it sucks mate no two ways about it. But just makes it better when I get to attend

Mate the people who don’t attend and call you what ever for not following suit, don’t let it get to you, but at the same time you as well as me I’m sure have turned it and been unnecessary to them as well. They’re just as passionate about there views as you are yours I guess, without patronising you in anyway as from what I gather you’re way more senior than myself.

They’re great fans aswell as the underlying goal they want to achieve is the best for the club, just their way of doing it differs

• 16 geordieboy83 // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Welsh best wishes to your dad mate

• 17 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Welshie, I notice you get the same shyte off exactly the same people. They can’t put up a sensible argument, so they resort to ganging up and trying to bully people. I say try, because their efforts are peurile and weak. I ‘ll be thinking of you ad ya da over the Christmas period and hope for a successful outcome, whether you’re on here or not during that period. Keep the faith marra, they can work wonders nowadays. I might be in hospital myself during the holiday period as they’ve finally sorted my scans out. I’ll settle for being able to walk after my op – it sounds nasty! Best of luck matey.

• 18 coatesy17 // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:58 PM

https://www.facebook.com/saved/?cref=28 I dont know if that will show, but can we try and fill our own stadium for Carlisle that would be amazing.

• 19 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Amen to that betty.

• 20 welshgeordie9 // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:01 PM

geordieboy83

Cheers mate.

• 21 welshgeordie9 // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Bobbybee

Don’t worry about them mate, take it on the chin like i do, as those clowns haven’t asked about my dad they can shove their comments up their arse.

• 22 bettyswallocks // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Bobby…… I have been accused of being a fickle, Ashley loving turncoat and committing high treason because I have decided to keep an open mind until the next opportunity Ashley has to affect anything.

To be obsessed with hatred for Ashley to such a degree that no positives can be taken from any of the team’s performances doesn’t appeal to me as I want to try and enjoy watching us play. Is that a crime?

• 23 welshgeordie9 // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:08 PM

Bobby

Hope everything turns out fine for you mate.

• 24 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:09 PM

GB83. If that was so, i wouldn’t mind so much, but the ones with the biggest gobs willingly admit to never have been to SJP in their lives. Or stopped since we became shyte and use Ashley as an excuse. They most definitely don’t get to tell me how to be a fan. I’m 58 and been all my life, even when crowds were under 10k. Hope that makes things clearer as to why they have NO RIGHT to tell me how to be a fan.

• 25 geordieboy83 // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Bobby

Fair play mate.

• 26 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:16 PM

it’s a shame that a good debate can turn personal but I put that down to the errors of the typed word and the lack of nuance or body language, otherwise such differences of opinions could be shrugged at and dispensed with philosophically as they often are in real life amongst like-interested folk. Ho hum.

I’m any case I think the ‘ better fan’ argument should be ditched, it’s a matter of heated opinion whether a game-going fan is a loyal supporter or a short-changed customer under the present business model of nufc. It’s something that will only be borne out by Ashleys future conduct. I’ve had enough, I think bobbybee has had enough, and I’m pretty sure the blogs had enough. I don’t want to impute any fellow fan is better or lesser, after all, we all know it’s been nufc before, it is now and it will be years from now.

• 27 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Betty, you get it as well. It ain’t all about winning. We’ve won no domestic trophy in my lifetime, is that Ashley’s fault? Ashley’s made a verbal statement – the first i remember – so having waited this long, what will another window or two harm? Give him enough rope and see if he hangs himself, or if he meabs what he says. I think most of them are so sickly obsessed with the guy, they’re terrified he might succeed. Some people just can’t handle being proved wrong mate. As KK once said ” I will love it – love it – if we beat them”. 😉

• 28 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

In other news, all the best for your dad Welsh. Such things transcend the petty rivalries and character differences on a fan forum.

• 29 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Oh, nearly forgot…….

• 30 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:21 PM

…..Ashley Out!

• 31 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:21 PM

: D

• 32 Tsunki // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Dammit

😀

• 33 geordieboy83 // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Tsunki

Well said mate that’s kinda what I’ve been getting at in a long convoluted way haha

• 34 bettyswallocks // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Tsunki…….. You’d love it if he did come out!

• 35 jimmysmith // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM

NUFC should offer Carlisle the use of St James’ free of charge while Brunton Park is out of commission, and do a deal so Newcastle season ticket holders get in for free, to bolster the gate and support. Maybe have a whip round on match day too.

• 36 Bobbybee // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Tsunki, I had enough a long time ago. This started when ibiza accused me of being the problem by buying a ST every year. Not knowing him, I laid out my hard earned credentials of being a diehard fan and wouldn’t stop buying my ST on the say so of someone who’s never been to the ground. Many many years travelling home and away when we really were shyte. Now this gets thrown at me every time it comes up, when they lose their argument. Just as a matter of course, you always hear the manager and players praising those who turn up and show their support. I ain’t once heard them say that about people who don’t go, but we’ll let that lie for now. Ashley has said what he’s said, how hard is it to see if he backs it up? He’s not going anywhere after all. Nothing can change until January, so why do people expect it to? I missed the Liverpool game, my first one for decades and it broke my heart, because I can’t walk right now. I can’t even get in the car because my back’s broken. The Leicester game nearly finished me off! Have you ever heard me tell anybody to buy a ST? No. People have no right to tell me not to buy mine. How simple is that? I come on here to talk football, but won’t sit softly by whilst people insult me. Wrong guy marra. I give as good as i get. If people dislike me, don’t fecking engage me in conversation and it can’t get nasty. I deliberately ignore people on here for that reason, but they just can’t resist – then run crying when they lose. I don’t want arguments, especially not in my state, but i won’t take it lying down. Now hopefully me and you can put this aside like two grownups and not press each others buttons. 🙂 Life’s much easier that way.

• 37 lesh // Dec 11, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Jimmy

Nice idea about working with Carlisle Utd to help ’em out

But…. There’s an implied need for Charnley to think………..

And we all know he doesn’t do thinking – he just does as he’s told……

Before being searched after clocking out!

• 38 jane // Dec 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM

yes good suggestion jimmy that would be really popular.

• 39 jimmysmith // Dec 12, 2015 at 1:41 AM

“Before being searched after clocking out!” hahaha! That’s excellent.

The indignity of it all. Suit pockets crammed with “Penguins” knocked off from the canteen.

It’s for the best though. Saves him from himself.

• 40 Magpie Season // Dec 12, 2015 at 4:36 AM

Just realised even if we lose on Sunday we could still climb out of relegation zone on goal difference.

• 41 Ron Knee // Dec 12, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Tsunki

But it isn’t NUFC now. That’s the whole point!

• 42 Jail for Ashley // Dec 12, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Bobbybee,,
    I re- read a lot of last nights posts and can’t see anywhere that someone has had a go at you for attending games, Charlie in the Gallowgate is a regular as is hibbit and my others and nobody has had a pop at them. You brought up the Sky money and Tsunki gave you a reasoned response as to why he didn’t think it ok to buy merchandise etc, he did not in any way tell you how to spend your money You talk about fair weather fans and cite the days when only 15K turned up, back then football attendances were down all over the country for various reasons, idiots who went around in the backs of vans beating people up being the main one. And what about the thousands who have given Season Tickets up after generation after generation have had one, are they fair weather fans.
    You sub consciously defend Ashley while pretending not to care about him, do you honestly think that the ten year ticket price freeze was out of a charitable desire to see under privileged Geordies get access to games, no, it is because he knew he was going to be offering mid table mediocrity for the next ten years and that ticket sales would slump otherwise. How on earth you can say that he might have ‘possibly’ done more harm than good, that is the worst case of someone begrudgingly admitting something I’ve ever seen. And by the way give over on the bullying thing will you, this is a blog ffs.

• 43 sing in the corner // Dec 12, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Now I know it’s my unreasonable optimism and hope leaking out but I think we have a genuine chance of another eyebrow-raising result tomorrow. Dembele and Dier are rated as very doubtful and they are big players for them. The key will be the old adage of keeping it tight for the first 20. Stay in it.
    I’m going for 1-1. If we concede early the bubble might pop though. For sure they will come at us hard from the start, and these are the situations where we see Colo,in particular, flounder. HWTL

• 44 Jib // Dec 12, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Tsunki
    I’m wonderinng here —– what “lack of nuance or body language” could make “take your face for a shit” seem OK and not extremely childish ignorant, and rude ?

previous post: Newcastle Make New Move For Former Defensive Target