Newcastle Striker Confident And Very Happy

Papiss Cisse along with Cheick Tiote have already taken a lot of criticism this season for supposedly being bad apples in the Newcastle dressing team but according to manager Steve McClaren nothing could be further from the truth.

And comments from striker Papiss Cisse suggest he is not a problem at all and simply want to play well and score goals for Newcastle – and it looks like we need his goals this season.

Last season Papiss wasn’t 100% fit with that bed knee of his, but that didn’t stop him from scoring 11 Premier League goals in 22 games and this season he has a couple of goals in 10 appearances.

papiss cisse socred 10 minsCrystal+Palace+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+zf-51zIvpY_l

Papiss Cisse – seems upbeat

The 30-year-old has given a long interview and he seems to be upbeat about things at the moment:

“I try to do my job every minute they give me.” “I have to play well every time.” “It’s not easy sometimes, but I have to keep my head up and take my chances and show something for the gaffer and the players as well.”

“The players believe in me, and the gaffer as well.” “Sometimes I get five minutes, but the gaffer is giving me 80 or 90 minutes, and I’m happy.”

“I’m very happy,” “I know myself, if I work hard, I can show something good.” “If I get the ball, I can score goals.” It’s not easy sometimes, but I keep going. I’m happy and I smile every time.”

“The important thing was the three points.” “Heads were down after the game we lost against Crystal Palace.” “We had to keep our heads up and to do something and to show something.”

“We have good players, but if you lose every week, your heads go down.” “The gaffer spoke a lot, and the players as well. We spoke face to face. We needed to do something.” “We worked very hard together and won the game.”

“We were very happy. All the players did everything together.” “We were very happy with the three points.” “It’s hard to get three points in this league. All the players, and the gaffer, spoke together. We needed points.”

“Every player had that in their head. We had to win our duels, and we did that.”

We did really well last week to defeat Liverpool 2-0 and it was the highlight of the season so far and was our second win in four games.

But in the other games we conceded eight goals and lost 3-0 to Leicester at home and 5-1 at Crystal Palace, so we don’t know which team will turn up this afternoon at White Hart Lane.

But we must become more consistent and wins are important if we are to move away from the relegation zone,  where we are at the moment in 3rd bottom place.

We are hoping for at least a draw today and expect Papiss Cisse to start up front with Siem de Jong in an unchanged side.

What do you think?

• John Tudor

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:01 AM

coining it in and riding the babes

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:03 AM

I do actually think the key to saving this season is to replace both Cisse and Tiote with proper players granted with experience and leadership ability!

…we need an experienced core to help the young inexperienced players.

A Colo upgrade will be needed as well

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM

jesper,
    I’d be more than happy for Cisse to stay unless they can bring in another striker with PL experience that could grab one goal in three at least, that Beranho sounds good but just a few stumbling blocks in getting him to join.

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Lindisfarne

McClaren’s sighs of regret are deafening in that article!

• sing in the corner

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Humbug alert
    What the hell…?? Watching MOTD rerun…what exactly are Everton doing? How did they fail to stuff Norwich outa sight? When you’re down in the dirt you hope teams do what they should against your ‘rivals’ – Norwich should be below us in the bottom 3, at least til this afternoon, on GD,right now.
    Mind you swings and roundabouts..
    Last game of last season we could have been in the Championship if West Ham had bothered to turn up against us and another result went a different way.
    We need to produce another grafting performance today. Draw at best I think..if we can stay in it for the first 20 we can reassess…

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:27 AM

sitc,
    I’d take a hard working shyte 0-0 draw now if given the choice.

• geordie157

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:36 AM

I’m going for either a 2-2 draw or we get stuffed 4-0.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM

I’m going for 0-1 Mitro

• John Tudor

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:43 AM

get jib to google the result

• hibbitt

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:43 AM

my youngest got the score spot on last week this week he’s going 1-1 so i am going with him on this one ……. what do i know about modern football ha ha

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Jibberish,
    That’s the way out

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Jail…no need to let anyone go unless we replace them with experience and ability of course!

If that happens I’ll glad drive Cisse, Tiote and Colo to the Airport

• davetoon

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Like him or not Cisse is our best striker by far and I can understand why McClaren woyld play him

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Oh well, flights have been cancelled, might have to slink off to my room at four o clock
    😎

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Great 💡

• croftus5678

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:03 AM

i <3 mitrovic but we do not play to his strength's when we dont get crosses in the box.

goals and assists from wij and siss are all good and well but if we are playing with makeshift wingers who use speed more than crossing ability then the faster cisse is prob the best option for the game.

i'd still love to see the 5-3-2 formation tbh though as i still think janmaat and hairdryer are by far our best crossers from the wings.

—————-elliott——————
    ——mbem—colo—dumm——-
    jan———————————hair
    ——siss——colb—–wij———-
    ————ciss—–mit—————-

• runheed

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Hi everyone. I think we have to look at each possible match result using the principle that ‘you couldn’t make it up’, that is, what is the most unlikely result. We I reckon that as we haven’t had anyone sent off in a couple of games we might end up with less than the full complement at the end of this game and a battling draw as a result. We might even get a corner again..

• Ron Knee

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:10 AM

hibbitt

I’d go for that!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Anyone been watching Bournemouth recently?

Gosling looks fantastic playing for them !! Exactly the kind of terrier that we need in the middle

I actually think last week we shat it when Bournemouth beat Chelsea which forced us into a performance so kind of hoping last night will shock us into another !

• hibbitt

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM

ron last week i thought we were looking at a thrashing but he never changed his tune and was proved right we would win ………….boy have i had some stick of the kids this week……..but what do i know only watched them for 50 years still dont get it right

• Sav

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Always had a soft spot for Cisse. Going into games like today, he is always liable to get one as the level of opposition seems to make little difference to his game. He got a lot of blame for offsides when we were hoofing straight long balls to him under Pards, especially after Cabaye left. Maybe under Macca he will regain his goal touch.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:55 AM

LCBP,
    To be honest I’ve got no regrets about letting Gosling go, he was one of my least favourite players of recent memory along with Obertorone, Danny Simpson however was a real waste, just the type of player a successful team needs as a back up squad player. Unfortunately we wanted to play players like him and Williamson as ‘purples’ but only call them and pay them as sh!tty browns !

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:58 AM

Sav,
    How can any toon fan not have a soft spot for Cisse, his goals that first season were out of this world and he has been seriously mismanaged in a shyte team ever since. If it wasn’t for the fact he s now filthy rich he must have severe regrets of joining Mikeys mediocrity

• Belfast

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:58 AM

Attack Toon, Attack Attack !!

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM

If we don’t buy a good quality CB in January, getting rid of Willo is pure fold will show that the board are clueless on footballing matters and that finance comes way above footballing success

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Belfast
    :mrgreen:

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Who is Dennis ❓

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:04 AM

fold= folly

• OneAlanShearer

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:04 AM

A German centre back (robin knoche) and dm please plus shelvey and Redmond.

• bladeuser

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:05 AM

CISSE is the worst striker in the epl no pace elephants touch and his passing is beyond bad
    ASH OUT
    SMAC OUT
    COLO OUT
    SHEEP ? Out

• OneAlanShearer

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Until Ashley sells I doubt we will ever be ambitious

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM

BLADEUSER
    😛

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:07 AM

OneAlanShearer,
    Too many people don’t care !

• John Tudor

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:11 AM

jib and welsh care

for each other ha ha ha

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:12 AM

@Jail for Ashley

I liked Simpson , Perch and Guthrie all of them always gave 100% and would have been happy with bit part roles at Newcastle on not that great a wage

In fact if we had have kept those 3 with also keeping Jonas we would have experienced back ups who put the work in which would then have allowed our very talented group of young foreigners to adapt to the league quicker!

As always with our club penny pinching takes priority but the extra places would have been covered with prize money for finishing higher up the table !

Ashley and Charnley logic !!Makes complete sense to them!!

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Can you imagine if we had ambition, all the people who have stopped going and all the people who have replaced them turning up to watch a team with intent and purpose, we’d have 70K+ week in week out !

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:15 AM

with an expanded stadium of course

• John Tudor

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:16 AM

extension at the gallowgate lost forever now fgb

• Nufc-83

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Cisse only attribute is positioning in the 6 yard box for scrambles he offers nothing else and I don’t feel we can afford the luxury of carrying a player like this (if only he had not been pardewed and could instinctly strike the ball from anywhere like he used to). Perez and mitro both offer more to our game and should start ahead of him.

On Townsend he offers something we have not got (apart from Aaron’s who is untested and possibly prone to injury) which is a winger!! He is also the only one that can offer a threat from outside the box (apart from de Jong possibly) which is why we have become so predictable and reliant on scramble type goals since cabaye left,

• SPRINGY

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:30 AM

morning all
    not convinced with townsend tbh,he seems to be prone to injury himself we need players who can be available to play every week,not sure he can do that…hes like aarons in that sense….seems to have talent but cant stay away from the physio room unfortumately