The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Video – Newcastle Fans Celebrate After Spurs Win

10:15 am, Monday, December 14th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 44 Comments

Here’s some reaction from fans after the game yesterday – initially from Spurs fans and then from celebrating Newcastle fans – it’s from Neeks Sports.

ayoze perez scores winner

Ayoze Perez getting the winner

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Press · Video

44 responses so far ↓

• 1 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM

I hope your right. Not necessarily those players (I don’t think we need Fer) but that McClaren says I’m doing alright but with a bit extra quality look what I could do.

I’m still not a huge fan of his but if we continue to get results I won’t be able to fault him. Hoping he changed my opinion during his time with us.

I never mind being proven wrong, especially when it means Newcastle are doing well.

• 2 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Leroy Fer may be hard to prise away from QPR now that fellow Dutchman Jimmy Floyd is there , if Fer thinks he will be part of a project.

• 3 Goldmbemba // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM

I’m amazed Fer is still at QPR. World cup squad member, same generation as Gini, Memphis etc. If he was that good why has no one come in for him?

A lot has to change at QPR before they are a stable premier league club, I don’t see that happening overnight.

• 4 catchy in norway // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:42 AM

The biggest thing Shteve has over P45 is the fact he tries to win games in the 90+ mins , P45 likes to score early then just try and close up shop, and I have seen him do that from 20 mins in the game.

Shteve is putting belief back into the players with both trust and a plan

• 5 Kebabacus // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Morning all!

Does anybody know what happened to the no-sponsor shirts that were supposed to be being made? The website’s links are all dead…

• 6 the truth will out // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:59 AM

money talks i think

• 7 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Ashley put an injunction on them

• 8 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Toon | Toon Army | Mags | Magpies and loads of other stuff were all copyrighted by Fat Freddy and SJH back in the day.

• 9 Hail Wor Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:10 AM

All this unbridled positivity makes me feel uneasy, hope the players aren’t feeling as accomplished as some on here. We’re still hovering just above the relegation zone after all.

• 10 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:10 AM

An anti Ashey councillor gave them permission to use the City crest but he didn’t have the authority to do that !

• 11 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:13 AM

I think McClaren has learned his lesson
    He took his foot off the pedal at International break time and got slapped in the mush.
    He won’t do it again.

• 12 Hail Wor Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Of all the names bandied about also, the only one I’d want is Redmond and RW certainly isn’t a priority, so that won’t happen.

I’d go for Neil Taylor of Swansea or Robertson of Hull for LB, then Dummet can move inside where I think he can challenge to establish himself.

• 13 Hail Wor Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Hope you’re right, but what is it now this season, about thrice bitten? I just see Villa posing us a set of problems we haven’t performed very well against so far this season and the psychology of the match is totally different to the previous two. A huge test, if we pass it then I’ll be a little more confident in this group. 20pts minimum by halfway, so 4pts from the next 3 matches should be considered par, anything less, we’ve not moved on, anything more I’ll be looking at the second half of the season with renewed hope.

• 14 geordie157 // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:28 AM

If the team can now push on and the confidence builds, there’s even a chance thauvin may impress, the other three all have a bit more about them to settle even in a struggling side, thauvin is the type that will hopefully thrive in a winning side.

Still not sure how gouffran gets on the bench, would rather have one of the youngsters who can play cm on the bench.

• 15 Kebabacus // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:30 AM

That’s a shame, but totally unsurprising.

Pity. Cool shirts.

• 16 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I know it’s a bit cynical and perhaps a bit premature but clubs should be looking at Villa’s players cos if they should succumb there will be a few looking to jump ship.

• 17 geordie157 // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Villa’s Gueye would be worth getting, the rest I’m not sure on.

• 18 nightfa11 // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM

dilemma: de jong is a leader, a good organiser and should play, but perez is better and has potential to be a 50 mio player..

we really need an “alfa” DMC with long range he can either replace de jong in constructing our play or he can fill the gap in midfield if mclaren decides to play with 3 midfielders and 3 forwards (de jong, perez, mitro).. but we need a top top DMC -> 26, 27 year old cabaye..

• 19 toon kk // Dec 14, 2015 at 12:12 PM

great to get a n yesterday; have to say during the first half I thought here we go again. But in the second half we worked hard and looked like a team; something we don’t often see.
    But credit when credit is due, great result and we made us proud.

• 20 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 12:23 PM

At Brescia they had the same problem with Roberto Baggio and Andreas Pirlo with the younger man (AP) taking the deep lying playmaker role
    The Toon could do the same with SdJ dropping back .
    Just a thought like 😮

• 21 nightfa11 // Dec 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM

true..but i dont think de jong has enough stamina..hes not agressive..and his lung problems..i dont know..

we need a machine..also to protect our defence..

• 22 nightfa11 // Dec 14, 2015 at 12:34 PM

instead of buying matip, townsend and austin for 20 mio, id rather spent 20 mio on a DMC.. cant just get matip and put him next to mbemba and say..go play.. mbemba has 6 months EPLexperience and matip zero..

townsend – englihs version of obertan..

austin – i think mitro is as good as him..

so those 3 signings wouldnt really improve us, while quality DMC would..

we should get matip and give him 6 months to adapt, but we need colo for now.. i agree hes not as good as he was..thats why our defence needs protection..

• 23 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM

NEEKS Sports – Nice one.

As I am not a member of NUFC I can not be certain that it is not already happening, but I would hope the PR dept. at the club are doing something similar to create more of a link with the fans. Plus provide more than just the abilty to buy tickets and the odd email impersonation.

• 24 jimmysmith // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM

That bizarre intervention by Cisse’s head on that goal bound effort by De Jong is still aggravating me. WTF was he doing there? The look on each of their faces expressed the surreal nature of the incident. De Jong looked blankly and impassively on, seemingly utterly at a loss as to quite why Cisse was there or even how he had arrived, while Cisse was certainly unable to explain himself, other than with a sheepish grin and shrug of his shoulders.

• 25 optimistic prime // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I don’t think there’s a team I’ve ever wanted relegated more than Villa.

I’ll be gutted if we don’t beat them next week!

• 26 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Matip is actually a very accomplished defensive midfielder (as is Mbemba) so he could be purchased for this purpose he would be similar to Kouyate at West Ham just a big beast who would contest every goal kick and set piece in both boxes etc

Also could play centre half as well so getting him for 5 million would be a bargain

Not sure Townsend is the answer for us he is injury prone

We need a left back as well who can cross it like Baines in fact Robertson at Hull is excellent but I doubt we would even be considering him

Shelvey would be great to allow us to control games could use Swansea manager situation to poach him in the window

• 27 dok - the horrid colonial // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:47 PM

brilliant win yesterday, good to see macca got the subs right, as they both scored…

my opinion, as great as our last two results were, means nothing if we don’t take all three vs villa…

• 28 dok - the horrid colonial // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:48 PM

but as far as the window, I think a LB and CB are more important than a ST… probably a CDM as well…

• 29 Novocastrian66 // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM

We need a LB. Another C

• 30 optimistic prime // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:54 PM

I totally agree mate, the Villa game is all that counts. Gotta win.

We have Villa Everton at home then WBA away, we need to be 5pts minimum.

• 31 Novocastrian66 // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Bloody phone. Another CF. Another Centre

• 32 Novocastrian66 // Dec 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Oh forget it. Bloody phone.

• 33 Reyantoon // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:01 PM

optimistic- why you want them to be relegated?
    Although I don’t want them to be relegated,I think they will go down this time,along with Sunderland..

Side note;
    Steve Mac will have a bit a headache in choosing who to start upfront now.Cisse doing OK in the last two games.Siem dj is doing OK too,so do Mitrovic and Perez.

• 34 firebug666 // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Villa celebrated sending us down last time we got relegated, why should we not do the same for them?

I want them down and have done since 2009.

• 35 clinath@ed // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Novo needs another phone……

• 36 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Why do we want Villa doon you ask ?

• 37 nufc786 // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Does anyone think we should bid for Nabil Bentaleb in the January Window?

Could add height to the Midfield

• 38 Reyantoon // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Ah, a revenge scenario.I haven’t thought about that.I just thought about the good entertaining games everytime we play them.Well,if that is the case,they should crush down to hell 🙂

• 39 firebug666 // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM

He wouldn’t be my choice mate, he doesn’t score many goals from midfield, (and we have enough like that already) he’s not a playmaker, and he has only made 44 appearences for spurs with one goal.

I think we need to be looking for a Cabaye type player who can dictate the game and spread play about.

• 40 firebug666 // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Appearances * even

• 41 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Mehdi Abeid is only 2 inches shorter .
    It would be like swapping one average Algerian Intenational for another.

• 42 optimistic prime // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Same as Firebugg

• 43 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 2:43 PM

A couple of weeks ago Walesonline had this

“Magpies boss Steve McClaren has recommended the Newcastle board target Jonjo Shelvey as they look to improve on a disappointing start to the season. Former England boss McClaren is said to want owner Mike Ashley to invest in British players instead of signing players from around the continent as he looks to build a team spirit that has been lacking on Tyneside.
    However, any move for Shelvey seems likely to be met with strong resistance by Swansea, who have seen the midfield star improve greatly this season despite a recent dip in form as the Swans have struggled.”

The goal posts have moved since this item as Shelvey is reported to be well ticked off with the club for the sacking of Garry Monk.

• 44 CisseSomething // Dec 14, 2015 at 5:22 PM