The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Star Striker Very Happy At Newcastle – They Give Me Everything

6:55 pm, Monday, December 14th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 180 Comments

We’ve just watched Ayoze Perez interview on nufcTV that was filmed immediately after yesterday’s win at Tottenham and it’s worth a look if you have a subscription.

Perez answers various questions and he is smiling almost all the way through the interview and he reveals he is learning every day at Newcastle both from the other players and from the coaches and he must keep improving.

What a great player this boy is – and born to play for Newcastle.

ayoze perez after socring in stoppage time spurs 2-1

Ayoze Perez after scoring the winner yesterday

If Tottenham were interested in Ayoze before yesterday’s game then they will be even more interested in him now, after he scored the winner in terrific style over two minutes into stoppage time to break Spurs’ great 14 game unbeaten run in the league.

And even former Arsenal great Thierry Henry said yesterday on Sky Sports that it was very difficult what Perez did to score that winning goal as he held off center-back Vertonghen and then shot very early to surprise goalkeeper  Hugo Lloris.

There is a lot of speculation about Perez in the transfer market, but we don’t think Mike Ashley will sell the youngster – who still can get a lot better and let’s face it he’s made some fantastic progress since he joined us 18 months ago.

The Spanish striker was asked about all the transfer speculation today in IBTimes UK:

“I just know the same as you. What I hear, what I read.”

“It is a great pleasure for me to be linked with Tottenham and Manchester United. It is incredible, something very big, and that’s because I’m doing well, but I must go on. It’s my job.”

“You never know. Football takes many turns. Today, I am a substitute. I am working hard to be in the manager’s starting plans. That’s all I think – to work. Then the fruits arrive. I am very happy at Newcastle.”

“They give me everything – they made me professional. I want to continue working with them, trying to climb on the table and then whatever has to happen will happen.”

Certainly Perez is one of the most popular players at the club and he has that very good habit of scoring some very important goals for Newcastle and his goal in stoppage time yesterday was simply stunning.

That was his 4th goal of the season in 13 appearances and he scored his first goal for Newcastle about 13 months ago – also at Tottenham in the 2-1 win – and he now has 11 goals for the club – and that’s in 52 appearances.

And to think he was brought in for the Development squad.

Tags: Ayoze Perez · Newcastle News · nufcTV · Premier League · Press

180 responses so far ↓

• 1 catchy in norway // Dec 14, 2015 at 6:57 PM

The baa , was meant to be hmm:/

You can throw those facts at me and I can not argue with any of them, we are 15th, we have -13gd .

While I have been unimpressed with some aspects of our season so far , I’m ecstatic about some of it too, people will rightly point out some of our games like shef wed , Watford and a few others , I will point to games v Man U 0-0 , matched them , city the better team for 45 mins, Chelsea the better team for 70 mins , Liverpool played football for 90 mins against them, nervy start ,Spurs, played well against them for 90 mins(IMO) most of there shots were from distance, they didn’t get in the box that much and if you ask me over 90 mins we had by far the more clear cut chances,
    Against those teams under p45 they were always the better team but we often stole points from them,
    The game vs Norwich , that would never have happened under p45, he would have got in front and shut up shop, and I know people will throw the palace v us result in the mix, but in reality that was a total fluke result.

Under Shteve , we win as a team and lose as a team, we are less greedy in front of goal, no more 30 yard attempts for wonder goals, we try and get bodies in the box and get balls in there , we are looking for runners, players are rested even if we are in the bottom, he is using his squad , these huge pluses for me. Some of our one touch passing is a joy to watch, some of passing goals have been amazing this season , just as good as some of the worldies that happened under p45, only thing is p45 couldn’t practice those types of goals, where as you can see we have practiced passing the ball under Shteve.

I’m impressed he has made the difference in such a short time, and I expect him to start working Florian into the team, and I think he could be a huge player when he gets confidence

• 2 JamesToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Pardew has and will always be a decent mid table manager, take nothing away from him, but PARDEW + NEWCASTLE didn’t work and it was never going to. His style of football regardless of what players he has doesn’t match the clubs traditions of playing entertaining and attacking football with a no fear attitude, his dishonest and “dedicated to mike ashley” statements don’t run with the clubs traditions, and the transfer policy doesn’t go with him.

I don’t think SM is a better manager than pardew, however i prefer him to pardew, both as a person and as a coach. Mcclaren is a gentleman, an honest man and he sees football matches in a way that the fans pay tickets to be entertained, rather than pardew’s try not to get beat attitude. This season i have enjoyed watching us at times, where in my opinion we’ve played better football than we ever did under pardew. Spells in the saints game, man united game, city game, stoke game, sunderland game where i actually thought that was where we played our best football. I feel like we can go on to be a solid team under mcclaren, that may not challenge for europe, but certainly entertain the fans with some good football and hopefully try and get a bit of consistency going, as long as we buy the right players. I still have absolutely no regrets about wanting pardew out, and wouldn’t take him back tomorrow if i was offered the chance, unlike some, i still haven’t forgotten the agony of watching my team get out coached and out played by sunderland, constantly seeing williamson hoofing it up to perez, and the embarrassment of seeing our own manager headbutt a player, foulmouth another manager, i could go on.

Even now as i watch palace this season, i agree with OP’s point that i do see signs of our 5th place season, riding their luck a lot. They score a lot more from set pieces and less from open day, they’ve picked up points where they’ve probably deserved to lose (didn’t everton hit the bar 3 times against them) but they sit back and they let bolasie and zaha do all the work down the wings and just pump it into the box, which i don’t have a problem with. He’s also got a team full of grafters which matches his style.

I wish pardew all the best at palace and i think he’ll do alright with them, but even if we were in great danger of being relegated, i still wouldn’t have him back.

• 3 Rotonda heights // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM

it’s funny when AP was at reading they were a joy to watch and now at CP he seems to have found the same formula.

It’s strange though that AP could rarely produce exciting football with us, given the flair and technical players we had. It appeared he was always pursuing workhorses who you wouldn’t have thought would produce free flowing attacking football.

• 4 JamesToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Catchy 1

i agree, with your point about winning/losing as a team. Even though we were dominated by bournemouth, the goal we scored had lovely build up play!

• 5 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Pardew’s team came back from 4-0 down to draw 4-4….the greatest comeback in the history of the prem league, or one of them.

We would regularly beat the big teams too.

Ultimately he wasn’t a good fit for the players we had and when he lost regular goal scorers in Ba and Remy we really struggled. Especially without the odd bit of brilliance from cabaye or ben arfa,

• 6 Rotonda heights // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Think you absolutely nailed it there on all counts

• 7 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:04 PM

In my opinion from what I’ve seen pardew likes a basic game. Ideally a big goal scorer up front with plenty of pace around him for flick ons.

Pace is something we have lacked at the club for a long time. It’s probably why we looked a good threat when aarons and sissoko were both flying around.

• 8 Rotonda heights // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:04 PM

People kind of forget the fact that arsenal had a man sent off for a large part of that match.

• 9 JamesToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:05 PM

cheers, it just annoys me though that this debate still goes on!

• 10 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:08 PM

I always thought the Arsenal comeback had more to do with the little stroppy git Joey Barton and his pal Kevin Nolan.
    Phil Dowd played his part as well

• 11 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:08 PM

They did, still a fantastic comeback though.

• 12 Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Ray is actually right. I don’t think it was Alans half time talk, probably more the chicken dancer and the jailbirds.

Re The Alan Pardew Debate – Meh.

• 13 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:13 PM

I think the Foxes will draw with Chelski

• 14 cyprus // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:16 PM

On Pardew,
    Again? This is nuts. I mean he was no KK, his record runs were ridiculous, NUFC was so boring.
    He was just as shocked as the rest of us at that 4-4, he had nothing to do with it I think. It’s not like we were into comebacks in his time and the football was generally atrocious. I liked his passion, but he was no tactician, or at least it didn’t show on the pitch. You guys have to let it go.

Now my team. I’m still not convinced by this Steve dude yet. Much like his predecessor, you have no idea which team will turn up, and that can’t be good.

I did like his response re ‘pat on the back to the coach for the substitutions? Answer, ‘no, pat on the back to the players that came on’.

Good leadership. Take the blame, give the credit.

• 15 Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Ten man Arsenal would still be a huge favourite to hang on to a win with a four goal leeway though.

• 16 optimistic prime // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Where’s Aaron’s?

• 17 Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door
    I don’t care
    what they’re going to say
    Let the storm rage on.
    The derby never bothered me anyway

Come on, on, know you want to sing along…

• 18 Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Op where’s Aaron’s what? 🙂

• 19 Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:23 PM

• 20 optimistic prime // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Where is he?

On the 4-4
    It was Hughtons team spirit rather than Pardews genius

• 21 Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:24 PM

I need vardy to bag a hatter but I also have a couple of Chelsea players in my FPL team. Losers.

• 22 catchy in norway // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Transfer , great , you pick out one great comeback out of 4 years of football, and yes we did regularly beat big teams, but mostly against the run of play, I pretty much always thought how did we do that, and expressed that at the time, now it’s great to hear pundits say we matched them and deserved the wins we have gotten or the points we pick up,(- the Bournmouth game) we robbed them, but our goal was pure quality , the best price of play by both team in the whole match.

Sorry but whilst I agree with most of your comment to say there is little difference in the 2 then say I enjoy us better now and say he is an honest man is very confusing to me, that like saying he is the better manager without saying it out loud, a manager is judged on the football , the results and what he says, on all 3 counts Shteve wins by a mile , and that’s not me saying Shteve is the best in the prem, but he is miles better than sham p45 pulis type managers

• 23 Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Op we need someone to look it up. I dunno, he has legs like toothpicks I think.

• 24 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:27 PM

The Guardian:
    4) Mitrovic provides Newcastle with a cutting edge

Newcastle United were growing into the game in the second half at Tottenham Hotspur, albeit trailing 1-0, but Papiss Cissé was having one of those days. The striker’s sights were awry and three times he had efforts that were off target or weak. Steve McClaren needed a spark and, two minutes after coming on for Cissé, Aleksandar Mitrovic provided it when he scrambled home the equaliser from close range. He ran off to celebrate with Alessandro Schoenmaker, the fitness coach, which suggested that he might have been doing some extra work with him. One of the criticisms levelled at Mitrovic has related to his conditioning. There was more to come. At the very end Mitrovic flicked on with his head and his fellow substitute Ayoze Pérez ran through to score the winner. Mitrovic is one of those characters that can infuriate his manager and even on Sunday McClaren admitted he had not been ready when he was called to come on. But after three games on the bench, the striker appears ready for another run in the starting team. Indeed, given Siem de Jong’s travails against Tottenham, there is a case for McClaren to restore both Mitrovic and Pérez to the side for the game against Aston Villa on Saturday.
    David Hytner

• 25 AncientC // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM

“I don’t think SM is a better manager than pardew”

McClaren has actually (maybe not the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy) won things in his career, can you imagine Pardew ever being good enough to be in the management/coaching set up of one of the world’s best sides.

I have no doubts McClaren is of a much higher pedigree than Pardew.

• 26 catchy in norway // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:29 PM

P45 would have said , yes thanks I new he had it in him to do that. Taking full credit.

This is why the players believe In Shteve

• 27 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:30 PM

I thought Mitro ran into the arms of Ian Cathro, am I mistaken?

Plus, whats up with Sting de Jong?
    Is he another PL flake like his brother, or has he been Pardewed and his already low immunity is taking time to recover?

• 28 JamesToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Not saying he’s a better manager as that remains to be seen as palace are doing better than us. However I prefer his style and attitude to pardew

• 29 JamesToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Anyway not getting into arguments as its a pointless debate

• 30 dok - the horrid colonial // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:41 PM

plus, haven’t seen mcclaren headbutt anyone yet…. ill take macca, over pards, every day…

when we win now, macca says its a team effort… when pards got a win, it was all about his brilliant setup and ideas…

plus, were playing better TEAM football….

• 31 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Defo Schoenmakker

• 32 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Tiote – Groin/Pelvis Injury – 19th Dec 15 – slight doubt
    Aarons – Ankle/Foot Injury – 19th Dec 15 – doubtful
    M Williamson – Hamstring Injury – 26th Dec 15
    Lascelles – Hamstring Injury – 26th Dec 15
    Taylor – Hamstring Injury – 2nd Jan 16
    Haidara – Knee Injury – Mar 16
    Obertan – Hamstring Injury – Mar 16
    Krul – ACL Knee Injury – Jul 16

Tiote and Aarons returning shortly but for how long? Injury or transfer?
    Three central defenders returning in the transfer window, which may mean no new player in that position.

• 33 catchy in norway // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Very confusing.

Regardless Shteve has had a more successful career. He has us playing a more entertaining brand of football, that has falling down at times , but when we have played , it has been as a team , win or lose, and he calls it like it is, isn’t deluded.

He is 5 times the man and manager

• 34 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:53 PM

• 35 MadisonToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I think Siem showed better this match than he has so far this season. He’s not looking to be a world-beater but does appear intelligent with his passes/link-up play and could prove useful after all. If only he was fit enough to be a CM, I think that could be a great spot for him. I find it hard for him to get many 90 minute matches or even many starts, as he will have to prove that he should be in ahead of Mitro/Perez. It also looks like Cisse is above him in the pecking order so he is unlikely to end up leading the line and unless we change our tactics, he isn’t likely to get much time in the hole either.

I’d love us to pull one of our defensive mids into a more advanced role and give it to SDJ so we can have Perez and Mitro up top with SDJ just behind. I don’t think it’s doable unless we shore up our defense, but it’s worth a shot sometime in a game that we need some extra firepower in, I think.

• 36 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Hope you are right but still not a Mcclaren fan, don’t think he is up to it to be honest.

I don’t think we play particularly good football with him, I’m yet to be convinced.

It was only a couple weeks ago you said you thought he’d lost the players, now you’re saying his is a good manager.

• 37 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:56 PM

I’d love nothing more than see Ashley have his fortune taken away from him through scandle.

Nothing short of what he deserves. A man worth 3 billion and he has guys working for him on less than minimum wage.

By no means the only one who does that sort of thing but it’s a total disgrace.

• 38 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Dare to Dream Leicester

• 39 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:57 PM

A tad unfair by my, you have always backed McClaren as a good manager.

• 40 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:58 PM

I hope they win the league (now that we can’t haha)…..always love a team coming out of nowhere to upset the big boys.

Would be fantastic if they got top 4 even.

I think I read they have the 4th richest owner in the league (I may be wrong) but if they are doing well in January he may well buy 2/3 quality players and really try to push the advantage home, making sure they have cover if they suffer injuries to key men.

• 41 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Is that like a scandalous candle

• 42 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:00 PM

It’s like a terribly typo….haha.

• 43 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Thanks J/J/J

And there is a whole Chronic article too:

Aleksandar Mitrovic has insisted Newcastle United players are right behind Steve McClaren and his backroom staff and has dedicated his goal against Tottenham to Alessandro Schoenmaker. The Newcastle fitness coach, who was brought in by McClaren to prevent muscle injuries, has been working one-on-one with Mitrovic in recent weeks to bring him back up to speed in the Premier League.

There had been concerns about Mitrovic’s fitness after he spent time with the Serbian national team during the last international break. But Mitrovic underlined the fact there are no rifts behind the scenes by sprinting to the former FC Twente and Derby fitness coach after his goal.

Mitrovic said: “I work with him every day. Before I went on the pitch he said I would score. I did score and this was a goal for him and for my team-mates.”

• 44 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Transfer Sage – are there more of them at SJP?!

• 45 catchy in norway // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:08 PM

at no point have i ever said he usnt a good manager, i really think he is, and yes i did say he has lost the players, but to be fair they did not play for him in 3 games, and i mean really didnt play for him.

read this

more people think like me

• 46 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:08 PM

catchy you are actually wrong about mac being more decent than pardew in those big team victories and draws. only the spurs game shows stats of a better performance by mac than pardew both the manure and chelski games both have worst statsa than any of pardews victories and draws.

• 47 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:10 PM

I bet there’s a few working in the Shirebrook warehouses more worried about HMRC calling around than Ashley.
    They’ll be muttering among themselves “why can’t Unison just keep their nose out ?”

• 48 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:11 PM

MadisonToon – I look forward to Siem becoming an integral player, that last two matches has shown that he can contribute and he has gone a little bit under the radar. I some how missed that he had been subbed off (xmas tree!) and then was surprised that I had not noticed his absence for the lack of doing anything noticeable.

• 49 Mister Tuff // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Tsunki – you’ve done it now!

“Tsunki // Dec 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    Re The Alan Pardew Debate – Meh.”

You will have enraged the last remnants of the eel pie brigade – saying the comeback was not down to King Percys’ half time talk.
    They’ll be spitting out their eel pie and smashing their Cha n’ Dave records in their rush to protest and hail the King as a top Cockney cheeky chappie.

• 50 Mister Tuff // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Cannot believe after yesterdays result that there are some still spouting on about the King.

• 51 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Mr Tuff those cockney jokes man !

• 52 ronaldo aarons // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Haven’t posted much here recently and I’m definitely not one for telling others what they can and can’t talk about but please leave out the Pardew chat. He’s been gone for almost a year, regardless of whether he did well or not.

Drinkwater is a big miss for Leicester now, him and kante have been great this season.

• 53 Lindisfarne // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:22 PM

J/J/J – I am surprised you have not attempted to pass the blame on to the Employment Agencies that supply the non-permenant/zero hours/full-time staff. Because of course how can those in charge at SD have any comprehension of the nitty-gritty? Thankfully there are some journalists that are intent on exposing those that only wish to exploit others for their own means.

• 54 ronaldo aarons // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:27 PM

I’ve noticed us being linked with a couple schalke players recently and there’s an article about with pavel srnicek suggesting three more players from them that would improve us. I personally would go for johannes geis. Very good dm with even greater potential. Won’t necessarily offer us height but he would sort that position our for us IMO. Quality player.

• 55 MadisonToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Lindisfarne –

Steve just needs to figure out how to get our best attacking players involved in the side. Matip would help cover our defensive worries and could prove vital in pushing the rest of our squad up the field and allowing us to use more of our goal threats in the side at the same time. I don’t like the Cisse/SDJ vs. Mitro/Perez partnerships. Mostly, I just don’t rate Cisse at all, but I feel that always being paired with him hinders SDJs effectiveness. I think SDJ and Perez could be quite a handful together, but we’ll see if they ever get played as such.

• 56 AncientC // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:31 PM

“both the manure and chelski games both have worst statsa than any of pardews victories and draws.”

toonking, I salute you if you have trawled through the stats of every Pardew victory and draw, and compared it to our games against Man Utd and Chelsea. (I have my doubts though)

Pardew had 4 years at the club, and his chosen coaching staff were still looking after first team affairs until the end of last season. There are obviously going to be similarities to be seen for a while… 4 years of management and coaching becomes ingrained into players.

• 57 ronaldo aarons // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Matip is an ok player but I feel he’s a bit prone to an error here or there. If we were going for a defender in the German league I would go for vestergaard. Plus he won’t be away with mbemba for African cup of nations.

• 58 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:34 PM

1-0 Leicester.

Get in there.

• 59 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:34 PM

1-0 Leicester

• 60 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:35 PM

good goal too

• 61 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hope Chelsea go down, imagine Mitrovic and Costa up front, nobody will want to play us.

Ha ha ha

• 62 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Do you believe mac is a manager who can get us consistant top 10?

• 63 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:37 PM

The next person to mention Alan Pardew, Pards, Pardpoo, Silver Fox or wearer of silly glasses must pay £100 to the SBR foundation !

• 64 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I know we won’t get him but how much would Vardy cost.

• 65 MadisonToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Roaldo –

Good point there about the Mbemba issue. I don’t watch much of the German league so I’ll certainly defer to someone who watches that more. Really, all we need is another <25 y.o. CB who is tall and composed. They don't need to be the best sprinter, or the captain of the team, but they do no need to be consistent and tall to make up for Mbemba's lack of height. Vestergaard, Matip, you-name-them, I just think we just need to strengthen back there before we can do anything too exciting with our team selection.

Even with a few errors here and there, I'm sure Matip would be an upgrade to Collocini 🙂

• 66 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Cough up jail you just mentioned him.

• 67 Bambams // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:38 PM

I do not think all is well within Chelsea. Hazard obviously doesn’t fancy this, nothing wrong with him at all

• 68 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:39 PM

“I’d love nothing more than see Ashley have his fortune taken away from him through scandle”

have you thought through the implications for NUFC?

• 69 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:39 PM

I wonder how Mr P is doing down at selhurst park.

• 70 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:39 PM

anyway i’m a leiceister fan for the rest of tonight, it’s great to see a small club finally sitting up amounst top of table and would be great to see a team like chelsea go down.

• 71 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Alan Pardew

• 72 AncientC // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Chelsea haven’t managed a shot on/off target yet. You would think they would have tried something other than a 4-2-3-1 by now.

• 73 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:45 PM

If Mourinho has no use for Cesc Fbregas could we have him please ?

• 74 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Chelsea look like we did a few weeks ago. Heartless and clueless, and there to be beaten, badly. They are soft in defence, lazy going forward, and generally PANTS.

• 75 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:46 PM

If this really does continue it beggers belief just how much longer morineo will remain at chelski.

• 76 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Also, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, i put it to you that Hazard bottled it. Didn’t fancy Leicester on a winter monday night.

• 77 ronaldo aarons // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Lol, I think I’d be an upgrade on coloccini!!

But yeah definitely agree with you. Need a cb with strength and aerial ability whilst not being classed as ‘young’. All last year I was raving about a guy from torino, kamil glik. Definitely what we’re looking for especially that he is a captain too. Can only describe his style as similar to terry but he’s out of our age range at 27 I think. Very underrated.

But yeah I do watch a lot of random European matches, I do a lot of work at home and most weekends I just stream matches while I’m working. Doesn’t necessarily help with work lol.

• 78 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Mitro and Costa could get a game for the Ospreys 😀

• 79 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Mourinho isn’t the problem. Lazy players with a sense of entitlement and no heart are.

• 80 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:48 PM

That’s very generous of you I’ll trust you’ll be paying £100 to the SBR Foundation then !

• 81 AncientC // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM

toonking, yes, he looks out of ideas. Criminal considering the options Mourinho has at his disposal.

• 82 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:50 PM

I heard on soccer saturday that sky bet itself had £13 worth of bets made by people putting Leicester city as the winners of the premier league.

These people will probably be the fans themselves putting £1 on I doubt anyone put cash on chelski to get relegated

• 83 MadisonToon // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:51 PM

Ronaldo –

No offense to your footballing prowess, but I think a baby poodle could pass for Collocini these days, identical down to their hair, let alone their footballing skills.

It would be great to get another, more seasoned player in, but I think if we can find one to grow with Mbemba to set the rearguard for the next 3-5 years that would be ideal. Of course, with Ashley, we never get ideal, but it’s an internet forum, I can dream, right?

Go, Leicester.

• 84 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:53 PM

morineo himself can’t be left out of the blame he caused some serious unrest at the beginning of the season the way he threat that medical member checking on hazard.

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:54 PM

There’s most definitely something gone on behind closed doors at Chelsea, has Terry been playing hide the sausage again with someone’s missus.

• 86 Munster Mag // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Hilarious. Pardew now 6th and saved them at a canter last season. the opposite of what people said. Poor myopic knobs cant give him a shred of credit. Jeez he was no genius but catchy and co must HATE how consistent he has become. Btw catchy thauvin wont make the cut, just like many of the muppets pardew had foistered on him by old man carr.

• 87 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:54 PM

these bets being pre season.

• 88 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Yeah he has made some odd mistakes,and is not totally blameless, but i still dont think getting rid would benifit chelsea. At the end of the day,his positives for them FAR outweigh this surprisingly poor season so far.

• 89 lochinvar // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Interesting read if anyone has the time.
    Maybe this is what Ashley is waiting for – he has developing business interests in China and there is an increasing number of students from China and business associations with the north east.
    This is where the money is and if he wants to sell or sell a stake in the club to link up with Sports Dire opportunities in the Far East then nothing should surprise us when the time comes.

• 90 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM

The fifteen year old welsh and sixty year old jane/jib making fart noises behind the teachers back !

• 91 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Log in to your Pay Pal, can’t help your self can you !

• 92 Sack Llambias // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Jail speak from Pre season 2013 – not a lot has changed can’t we release him one a free transfer he’s a knacker the sob. He still doesn’t know what to think. He lost me and most othersa while ago.

“Pardew’s gone on holiday, he needs a break from the mad house? The fat faker could of handled the situation a lot better. pulling the plug on Douglas is unbelievable. two years of scouting down the drain. We will lose carr because of kinnear. i’m only hoping that Mashers wants to leave us before he sales or maybe i’m hoping. i just fear we are going to lose cabaye and cisse. i dont know what to think?”

• 93 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:02 PM

The only reason I think morineo is still in charge myself is Guardiola looks to be leaving bayern this summer, it’s a simular thing with van gaal at united.

• 94 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:02 PM

That’s rich jail coming from a person who constantly whines about Ashley like a girl.

• 95 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:03 PM

No offence to the women on here that’s quite insulting to you.

Ha ha ha

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Costa slating the Chelsea defence, all is not well!

• 97 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Come on Leicester get another goal.

• 98 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:05 PM

How can you go to winning the league last season to being really crap this season, same players more or less as well.

• 99 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:06 PM

I did say it, 2-0

Ha ha ha

• 100 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:06 PM

go leiceister

• 101 welshgeordie9 // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Make Chelsea’s goal difference worse than ours.

• 102 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:08 PM

What a goal, would love to see Leicester win the league.

• 103 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM

I think leiceister themselves are delibrately fouling costa knowing how bad a temper he’s got, chelsea have got to sell him.

• 104 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Sack Llambias,
    Do you only ever post to speak riddles to me and what is the point ?

• 105 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Leicester are a brilliant sode atm. In contrast,Chelsea are ppaying like sunday leaguers. Its really poor

• 106 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:16 PM

I reckon the Vardy/Mahrez partnership must be worth a few bob by now!

• 107 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:19 PM

I don’t think he’s talking to you Jail !
    He posts examples of your pr|ickishness.
    For us to read

• 108 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:19 PM

I mean look at that!! Pedro would have burried that normally. The players just look so out of form

• 109 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Exhibit B. Costa one on one,straight at the advancing Casper S.

• 110 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:21 PM

nice miss by who else costa, should ask vardy for tips, the corner too missed, needs to watch mahrez.

• 111 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:23 PM

Well considering it’s absolute nonsense and I never posted it, he’s making himself look like a pr/ick

• 112 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Now the first thing a defender will do is tell him to wake up, not a happy camp !

• 113 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Remy on. Does he have the character and, indeed, testicles to come on and turn things around for chelski?i doubt it, personally

• 114 Sack Llambias // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Jail you did and I’m posting loads of yer foot in mouth Coleman balls except it will be Jail in mouth. You have given us the same posts for years

• 115 ITUNDERASHELL // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:30 PM

From the limited amounts of games l have seen this season, the whisper ‘ l support Newcastle United’ maybe thankfully passing.
    I witnessed a team performance and the majority performing admirably. One exception mind you! Sissoko while superb going forward and a majpr threat to any opposition is how can l put it, inept when required to protect his full back.
    No wonder the cental midfielders and defenders are being waltzed passed. I would sell Sissoko and bring in a player who can create balance. Like the look of Perez and De Jong is going to be superb soon l think, would also give him the armband next season.

• 116 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:31 PM

watching Leiceister each and every game has everything of a team who’s got great team play and love playing with one another, it’s the domestic equivalent to Wales who themselves have recent performed way above standard.

What’s better, teams like this know fans have expectation very low so whilst they continue battling amongst the top 4 fans themselves won’t be too disappointed if they were to start drifting away therefore no pressure is on them at all. If hats not enough they also have the advantage of no mid week games as those around them have.

• 117 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Courtois (spelling?) was fantastic for Ath Mad, but has often been a clusterfcuk for chelsea. I agree with you, JFA. Deffo not a happy camp.

• 118 Sack Llambias // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Yer dont need any help to look a pr/ck..

• 119 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:33 PM

remy can’t kick a ball.

• 120 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Agreed. And they will hive mod week games next season ar this rate 😀

• 121 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Remy bottled that shot. I rest my case. Lack of required testicles

• 122 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Oh well. Just to prove me wrong. Chelsea do not deserve owt from this

• 123 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:36 PM

2-1, you can do it Leicester.

• 124 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Sack Llambias,
    Direct quotes please, not just sh!t you’ve made up, everyone on here knows my stance anyway, shame Ian toon hasn’t the gumption to attack me himself

• 125 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Fcuking phone.

• 126 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:37 PM

• 127 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Leicester’s strength in depth is a bit worrying.
    Some of their guys are dead on their feet

• 128 angelswithdirtyfaces // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Mourinho arrested as accessory to murder – just for subbing on Remy ?

• 129 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Only reason Chelsea got a draw against us was because we ran out of steam. Chelsea have great fitness and a strong bench,but Leicester have been the better side over all and deserve the 3 points. They need to stop backing off so much.

• 130 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:49 PM

5 mins? Chelsea have nicked Fergies watch!

• 131 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Leiceister love attackimg and scoring, they should be just doing possession now but consistantly keep attempting to get a goal.

• 132 Rotonda heights // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Ranieri a real gent in the SBR mould, whereas Mourinho is an arrogant sneering egotistical narcissistic prima donna with no humility who blames everyone but himself, even poor old Eva Carneiro. Tonight belongs to a good guy. Good old Claudia.

• 133 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:54 PM

FT, V for VICTORY leiceister city top and chelsea still around ourselves.

1 Leicester GD 12 P 35
    2 Arsenal GD 16 P 33
    3 City GD 15 P 32

15 Newcastle GD -13 P16
    16 Chelski GD-8 P15
    17 Swansea GD-9 P14
    18th Norwich GD -12 P14

• 134 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:54 PM

brilliant Leicester

• 135 Rotonda heights // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Claudio even

• 136 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:55 PM

*and V for VARDE

• 137 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Well done leics! Totally deserved.

• 138 AncientC // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Chelsea play Sunderland next… a big 6 pointer between the bus parkers.

• 139 angelswithdirtyfaces // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hey don’t hold back so much. Tell it like you feel it, the special one can take it 🙂

• 140 Hail Wor Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Leicester are The Toon of twenty years ago, every neutral loves them. Great to see, would love for them to sustain it all season and be at least challenging to the very end.

• 141 Toon Tang // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:00 PM

A tear rolled for mourinho? oh no it was just a bead of sweat.

• 142 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I hope their owner puts his hand in his pocket and goes for it instead of selling Vardy and settling for tenth !

• 143 Rotonda heights // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM

when he called wenger a specialist in failure, i so wanted him to get his come-uppance. Karma can be a wonderful thing. so pleased for ranieri a real class act.

• 144 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Great in for Leicester. Hope they can go on and keep firing all season.

• 145 Rotonda heights // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:01 PM

apparently leicester’s owners are loaded

• 146 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:03 PM

2 weeks 2 mersyside games with everton and liverpool.

everton had 2 2 draws in 2 games liverpool lost to us and drew at home to west brom your turn to do it if not get victory.

• 147 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Worth 4.4B and 305th richest in the world or more ?

• 148 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Had it not been for a winter transfer window I’d have pout a £1 on them to win the league and get top 4 back when they were at odds of 100-1. It’s my biggest concern about them really, vardy and mahrez are going to be the most highly used player in paper transfer rumors.

• 149 angelswithdirtyfaces // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Karma might be a concept lost on the special one.
    Bet he understands schadenfreude though tehe!

• 150 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:10 PM

They haven’t been so far, and I haven’t heard Ranieri putting them in the shop window either

• 151 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:13 PM

like what is being said by jamie redknapp about arrivals too.

“this team is currently all playing for one another performing excellently each and every week, would they be happy would they not feel upset if leiceister were to bring a player in a drop one of the current 11 onto the bernch.

It probably should be good idea to bring some players in but perhaps these should be brought in as ones who’s main use is a replacement for ones who might be injured or just youngsters who’s main form will be later seasons.

• 152 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:16 PM

With regards to Leicester

Totally agree there. Bring in a couple of quality players if possible who can sit on the bench, pushing the starting 11 to keep performing to keep their place.

• 153 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Mourinho saying he is the best at setting up tactically and reading the game….feels like he has been betrayed tonight with players going one on one and not having the quality to score the goals.

Think his time is up.

• 154 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Before I go just like to say to Sack Llambias, any blogger worth their salt knows your Ian Toon, from slip ups you’ve made . At first you posted as Ian accusing me of being sack llambias!, then you went on a campaign of mimicking my posts so people would think I was a multiple, that failed and now you’ve resorted to random nonsense, give it up will you !

• 155 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Those closest sign i know of about a risk of sale is back i late november an exclusive telegraph story saying he’s got a 30 mil price tag but back then Ranieri himself was still quoting out that 40 points was his target but I don’t have much worry now because this is a season Leicester themselve know is like a once in a life time thing and has to be put to it’s best. They might have low expectation but not even a Leicester fan will be happy to see the sale of key players being part of the blame.

• 156 Jib // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Jail for Ashley
    Go to bed you psychopath – you remind me of my mother in law – no one is interested in your petty arguments !

• 157 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Be interesting to see what Leicester do in the January window if big bids come in for their players !!

• 158 toonking // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:34 PM

I’ll call it a day now nice chatting about Leicester.

• 159 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Uou seem to be jane !

• 160 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Jail is Jib me? better than me being Jib I suppose.

• 161 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Can’t see Leicester selling in January.

They don’t need the money and have a small chance of doing something really special.

• 162 Transfer Sage // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Well I think it’s time to take a break from here…..far too many arguments which aren’t football related.

Ed needs to put a stop to it really with harsher bans.

Enjoy the next few weeks guys. I doubt I’ll be missed.

• 163 jimmysmith // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Vardy will get injured. He is a remarkable physical specimen. Finely tuned, with an insatiable desire to work full throttle. When the injury comes, the run of results will inevitably falter. It doesn’t have to, but it will. That’s life.

• 164 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:51 PM

It’s a shame !

• 165 jimmysmith // Dec 14, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Mourinho needs to go for everyone at Chelseas good, including his own. That Eva Caneiro incident will continue to symbolise a tenure that has lost reasonable accountability. Mourinho really has become an emperor without his clothing. He’s lost the players, and the players are mercenary. It’s over. It just hasn’t happened yet.

• 166 optimistic prime // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:00 PM

For Xmas I’m asking Santa for Leicester to win the league and Chelsea to be relegated.

• 167 Jail for Ashley // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:04 PM

I think it’s more to do with certain players, they need to go before him, he’s the best manager in the world

• 168 jimmysmith // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM

That Perez strike was amazing because of how quickly he got the ball down and his shot away. It happened literally in the blink of an eye and in a single fluid motion, and is why he got it under Lloris, who was straight out beaten for pace. I don’t recall ever having seen anyone do that before with such pace and precision, and he will now be well and truly on the radar of the very biggest clubs.

• 169 manxpie // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:12 PM

opti ya can add villa to that list i hope we absolutley batter them on saturday with a proper bouncing st james and hopefully quite a few funny banners as a bit of revenge!

• 170 manxpie // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:15 PM

for me its the way perez keeps hold of the ball in ever increasingly difficult situations shows how good he is gonna be i just hope we’ll see it with us

• 171 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:22 PM

agree Jail Chelsea players are letting Mourinho down more than Mourinho being the problem although I think the Eva Caneiro situation has had a big bearing for some reason maybe Mourinho had become too arrogant.

• 172 jimmysmith // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:27 PM

The one way he might save his job is to win the Champions League, and then reshape the squad in the off season. Although he may not get that chance. The players are off the boil, and the Champions League of course is a prize that should be able to focus them….. but with that defence?…… and up against the likes of Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid and out of this sort of league form. Surely there’s little to no chance.

• 173 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Perez reminds me of Chicharito, a bit unassuming and under-estimated. great players seem to get a lot of breaks.

• 174 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

winning the Champions league is the only way they will qualify for the Champions league so they may as well put all their eggs in that basket now. imagine if they won the Champions league and got relegated!

• 175 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I don’t think Leicester would get big money offers for Vardy anyway. strangely.

• 176 jane // Dec 14, 2015 at 11:49 PM

Villa shouldn’t have sold Albrighton to Leicester and Weimann to Derby in my opinion, they should have been satisfied with Premier league survival with these players.

• 177 Munster Mag // Dec 15, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Jail, not sure what ur talking about re Paypal. Maybe i missed a joke earlier. I think its hilarious watching blokes like Catchy tell us Pardew is useless when he saved Palace at a canter and now has them in the top 8 ( 6th now ) all season. As for the story that the football is crap – nonsense. Its not great by any means , but its typical english football. Fast , dynamic, direct. It aint Brazil of the 70s but hey ho. Catchy, werent you telling us once how good that Norwegian Mgr was at Cardiff, whilst I told you he was unproven and you were talking pants? And how did he do at Cardiff ? Oh yes now i remember. Dont go waiting for Thauvin …he has zero pace and little strength. There is no logic in suggesting he will succeed on Tyneside. Perhaps if Carr had purchased Pardew the sort of fast blokes he likes instead of flimsy frenchmen, he would have done ok with us. As it was, he left us mid table, and arrived mid table. Shudda been sacked but your inability to give him any form of credit makes you look silly. Ole Gunnar eh , tsk.

• 178 Munster Mag // Dec 15, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Mourinho will be gone by end of week surely ?

• 179 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 12:53 AM

Careful munster, fail will get all his bully boys to call you nasty names. The paypal bollox was because HE decided – it being his blog like – that anybody who mentions Pardews name MUST pay 100 smackers to the SBR fund. Strangely enough, I was having a similar discussion with the Bash Street Kids the other night and oddly enough, when one left, they all left. Just a coincidence I suppose. 😉

• 180 Jib // Dec 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Well spotted Roberto .

Must keep me eyes open for that.

Another blog I used to use , had a a few members who accused all and sundry of being multis .

The administrator got cheesed off in the end , and revealed the accusers were actually the same guy and the only multi on the site.

previous post: Let’s Hear It For Our Brilliant Man Of The Match