The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Small Chance Magpies Can Get This Top Playmaker Next Month

2:19 pm, Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 115 Comments

There have been reports that Newcastle are interested in signing central midfielder Jonjo Shelvey of Swansea in January but Newcastle have little to no chance of signing the England International.

Swansea for the first time since they were promoted back in 2011 are struggling in the league and are currently in 17th position with 14 points and they have just sacked their manager Garry Monk who has been at the club for eleven years as a player (center-back) and manager.

Jonjo Shelvey +Norwich+City+v+Swansea+City+ntFRKqP1a3xl

Jonjo Shelvey – not coming to Newcastle

Who could have seen that coming after Swansea were 8th top last season and made a decent start to the season with 8 points form their first four games – including an easy 2-0 win against Newcastle at the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea is a very well run club by Chairman Huw Jenkins but it seems he is having trouble recruiting a new manager with reports that both David Moyes and Brendan Rodgers have turned him down for the Swansea job.

The news is that Jenkins is trying to get former Sunderland manager Gus Poyet – who is currently on a short-term deal for this season at AEK Athens.

Swansea will bring in a new manager soon and the very last thing that manager will want is to lose his best player – who is Jonjo Shelvey.

So there really is very little chance of Swansea being daft enough to let the former Liverpool and Charlton midfielder leave next month.

He would be a good acquisition for us but there’s no way he will be coming in during January.

Maybe we can eventually replace Yohan Cabaye in the summer?

Jonjo has played 92 times for Swansea with 10 goals and 18 assists since signing on in the summer of 2013 from Liverpool for around £6M – and he has 6 caps for England.

What do you think?

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

115 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Guess who should be Out?

• 2 the truth will out // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Mrs Ashley
    out on the lash
    plodging down the bigg mkt

• 3 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Ashley! That’s whoooooooooo!

• 4 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:23 PM

#347 in the series ‘ Pictures of players unlikely to be signed by NUFC’. Collect the set!

• 5 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:25 PM

This week, Collect a Joel Matip or a Charlie Austin and get PEA absolutely FREEEEEE!!!!!.

• 6 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Too bald. We only wanted swarthy, oily maned mediterranean types. Next!

• 7 the truth will out // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM

absolutely pmsl

• 8 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM

And they must have used a whole box of ugly sticks btw….

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Grateful to Ashey for cheap Season Tickets ???, might as well be grateful for cheap trainers as well then, do you honestly think they would be still cheap if there was a demand for them like there was before he turned up. Why aren’t the mackem game tickets normal price ???

• 10 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:38 PM

It could boil down to how much Swansea are paying him and how much we’re prepared to offer. Probably just paper gossip again anyway, like the 101 we were linked with last summer. Gotta bear in mind that most papers have no access to Newcastle anyway and just love to make things up to stir the fans up. Only a month to go, then we’ll see.

• 11 Toon-Prodigy // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:43 PM

I’d take him as an upgrade on Anita, he gets a few goals!

• 12 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:47 PM

If you don’ t watch sky or BT or motd or even highlights on YouTube or even pay for a black and white TV license to listen to radio commentary, don’t buy from the club shops, don’t go to games and don’t buy pannini stickers or buy any magazines with articles featuring football or football players, don’t buy from Sports Direct or any of his myriad companies them that’s the only way you won’t put money into fatsos copies wallet. it’s virtually impossible to do, and still profess to be a fan. However you can impact on his profits and his brand image by not buying the more overtly direct and expensive things, the things that can easily be helped. I understand the quandary a dogged and lifelong fan would have faced with not being the supporter they are, and wanting to try and affect Ashley to do the right thing against his inclinations. I believe such things are where the word ‘sacrifice’ can be understood. It’s not for everybody, granted. But each does as he sees fit.

• 13 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Fatso’s Copious Wallet. Good name for a business that.

• 14 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Anyway, not advocating boycotts or not- boycotts, but how long after a blank January Transfer Window does everyone think the murmuring will renew?

• 15 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 15, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Shelvey is the type of player we should be in a position to take off Swansea’s hands with the minimum of fuss but because of Ashley’s running of the club they are now regarded as a better or equal proposition !

A bit of 10 or 12 million and reasonable wages and I think he could be convinced to be our play maker

• 16 the truth will out // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM

feb 01 2016

• 17 murvar // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Delighted to see that Ashley has lost £330m from his personal wealth after the Guardian broke the scandal about working conditions and rates of pay at his warehouse in Derbyshire. Now the MPs are on the hunt too – even the minister for business.

• 18 MadisonToon // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:15 PM

@LCBP

We should be able to get a player like him easily enough. I’m not sure I’d shell out 10-12 million for him, but with him being English it might have to be in that region. He would certainly be an upgrade on either Colback or Anita as he puts work in on both sides of the ball, chipping in with a goal or two every so often. Would be a nice upgrade, but 10-12 million for a nice upgrade doesn’t seem to be all that worth it.

We’ll see if any money gets spent anyway or if all of our transfer thoughts are for naught.

• 19 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Tsunki, the other night you said I’d had enough of all this bollox. You were bang on the head mate. Every time i try to change the subject, fail, or one of his little gang stirs it up again with pointkess issues. Would it be this cheap…. yes, it would, it was frozen for ten years. I’m bored with the anti Ashley routine going on and on and on. When he does something positive, it gets put down. It is possible to dislike someone, but agree with something he does or says. This is my final word on the subject: I will buy my ST for as long as I am fit to attend and NOTHING anybody else says will change that. Others can spend their money as they see fit and give Ashley their money in other ways. I simply don’t care either way. Normally I like a good discussion, but from now on this subject is off the agenda. The reason there isn’t a 15k waiting list for ST’s now is because we’re not top anymore and every single club has fair weather fans who’ve drifted away. They might still follow us, but their interest in going has evaporated. The same has happened at Villa, but to a larger extent. Last season Leicester brought a mini bus, this season they filled their end. It’s how football works. It’s in my nature to defend myself, but i’m so bored with this, stuff it. We all know what we are, let’s just leave it at that.

• 20 the truth will out // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM

well stop the holier than thou indoctrinations then ashley oot

• 21 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM

I rest my case.

• 22 nut meg // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM

We’ll know soon enough as to what they really mean about the next three transfer windows.

• 23 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I rest mine too. Only time will give us the necessary information regarding Ashleys intent either way.

But I reserve my right to treat him as an untrustworthy fellow for the moment.

• 24 dok - the horrid colonial // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:47 PM

jonjo looks like the bad guy in despicable me, imo…

• 25 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Tsunki, you can treat him like the devil incarnate. I’m like you, waiting to see if he’s good on his word or not. But I’d feel like a right plonka if I slagged him off, only for him to come through on his word and spend, not sell our best players. Working logically, it would make little sense to spend 50 big ones to improve the team, then weaken it again the following window. That would be throwing money away. Logic says strengthen again, but we’ll know when the window closes. Maybe Ashley goes against logic, but if so, i fail to see how he’s made a fortune.

• 26 Average_Contents // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM

I’m surprised you can see anything at all, what with those bollox hanging over your eyes.

About time they dropped though eh ?

Sorry bobby, can’t stand your stinking holier than thou attitude.

Best fan EVER you boy.

Sorry folks. Can’t help it.

• 27 Toon-Prodigy // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Rowdy as ever on here then haha!

• 28 Average_Contents // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Have your go back then we’ll call it quits yeah.

Free hit.

Don’t go below the belt though otherwise I might cry.

• 29 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM

@Madison Toon

Swansea paid 6 million for him a few seasons back and he has improved a lot since then so 10 or 12 million is a fair price considering he is English and is still only 23 !

Anytime he has played against us for Swansea he has totally dominated us and dictated the play even when we had Cabaye so the boy is a talent that would work well with Perez and Wijnaldum

We would not be able to get him any cheaper unless he has a clause but I doubt that

• 30 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:15 PM

We’ve been the victim of some shocking refereeing decisions over the last few seasons. How long is it since we had a penalty? I’ve been taking notice of Championship referee Keith Stroud lately whilst watching Championship matches on Sky. Why he hasn’t been promoted is beyond reason. Whilst we’ve had to put up with some garbage, he just lets games flow as much as possible and does a far better job that the majority of Premier League refs. In fact, you hardly notice he’s there, which is always a good sign. Has anybody else picked him out as quality? One to keep an eye on if not.

• 31 Toon-Prodigy // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:16 PM

It could never happen, but i’d love to see danny rose at left back for us.

Shelvey is twice the player Anita is also.

I wonder who we get in January, when was the last time we signed a another Premier League player..

• 32 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:20 PM

As if i care one jot what you think of me. My point proven again. Like taking candies off a baby really.

• 33 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:24 PM

@Toon-Prodigy

Colback and Demba Ba funnily enough both were free agents !!!

Think Kevin Nolan or Sol Campbell where the last ones we paid money for ??

• 34 hibbitt // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:27 PM

lee i think your a bit out in your price estimate the lads english he’s only 23 a lot of top ten clubs will throw money at him if he comes up for sale in january the bidding will start at 15m and go from there………. thats us out

• 35 Average_Contents // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Let’s leave it then.

Own up. Who’s had pre in their keks the past two games then?

I certainly did ?

• 36 Average_Contents // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM

😉

• 37 Belfast // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:34 PM

I had a wet dream before the Liverpool game. If that counts I win.

• 38 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:35 PM

I wouldn’t care but nobody is really giving the fat fcuker a hard time at the minute as we’re waiting to see what will happen. Bobby, so anybody who disagrees with you is in a little gang, Lilongwe who is one of the most impartial posters on here and certainly not in anyones ‘gang’ said you were speaking drivel, I think he’s on to something, you accuse people of bullying yet launched a random attack on me last night then accused me of hiding away with the rest of the bullies, it was half eleven at night. This is a blog and there are lots of different opions, try and put yours across with playing the victim.

• 39 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:36 PM

@Hibbit

Yeah he would still be worth 15 million for me as well !!

I think he would be perfect for the system we are looking to play granted we could get a foreign player cheaper who could maybe do the same role but I think we need to start getting players who have done well in the premiership

We can afford him no bother whether we are even looking at him is another matter

Will be interesting to see who we sign in January

• 40 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Also I will love it if we can smash Villa !! I still remember the day we went down !! Its payback time !!

• 41 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:44 PM

3-0

• 42 JamesToon // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:50 PM

LCBP

I think Jonjo Shelvey would be a top signing and a real sign of ambition and intent. However i think swansea will ask for £14m minimum, and around that i think is a very fair price, considering he’s 23, english, has excellent vision and passing, he’s the exact type of player to replace cabaye.

I think we also need a good defensive midfielder that physically competent for the position, a Victor Wanyama type, however looking at Swansea, i think Jack Cork is quite an underrated player, always puts a shift in and keeps his game simple.

We need a commanding centre half to pair with mbemba who will win aerial battles, Ryan Shawcross, Joel Matip or Ashley Williams would be decent imo. A left back capable of both defending and attacking, Jetro Willems, Ben Davies or Andrew Robertson would be good i think. Also a decent winger, i’d try out Townsend on loan but would rather we get someone like Nathan Redmond.

However its unlikely we’ll get any of these players in january has not many clubs will want to sell mid season

• 43 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:51 PM

LCBP. Aye. Never forget or forgive ” we’re having a party when the Geordies go down”. Always knew the chance for revenge would come around and it looks like this might be that time. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• 44 JamesToon // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Villa game is our chance to really try and send a message to the fans that we are capable of beating teams around us, by dominating, controlling the game.

Not trying to get too ahead of my self, but if we can make it 4 wins in a row by beating villa & Everton (both very much winnable as we are at home) then i think Mcclaren/Cathro/Simpson can start trying to reintroduce the possession/pressing game i.e. playing out from the back at goal kicks, playing the ball on the floor a bit more, as the players will have much more confidence

• 45 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 4:57 PM

James toon, to be fair, I can’t see Shelvey going for anything under 20 million – minimum. When you look at what other English internationals have gone for, it’s almost a case of name your price.

• 46 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:00 PM

I would treat Ashley as the devil incarnate but there’s Pardew, there can’t be two of them oops I mentioned HIM. Ha ha

• 47 Toon-Prodigy // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:03 PM

LCBP,

Dear me, that long ago. We have to be due.

• 48 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM

James, the Villa game is also a chance to reduce our goal difference. We play our best football when we play it on the ground and Villa look wide open to such attacks. The Everton game will be much harder, but with a vocal backing of 52k I don’t see why we can’t beat them.

• 49 Toon-Prodigy // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:11 PM

If we can bring in some experience in January we should finish midtable comfortably.

Anyone see the difference in mitrovic he has lost a bit of weight and rightly so, he is usually blowing out his arse after 70 mins. Good to see him sorting himself out.

• 50 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Well tsunki, i hope you’re going to pay your £100 fine imposed by fail for mentioning he who cannot be mentioned?

• 51 firebug666 // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Personally I think the Villa game will be the harder of the two, They will put everything into this game as they will look at us as one game where they can get a result.

We don’t handle pressure very well, and I can see us getting a lot of that from Villa.

Everton play a more open game, and look to create space, this could work to our advantage and give Sissoko and Wijnaldum a chance to run at them down the channels.

Both games will be tough, but I think the Villa game will be the tougher game.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Bobby,
    It was a tongue in cheek comment, a bit of craic, how on earth could I impose a fine, what did I say to upset you this time, you just seemed to come at me thick and fast for some reason.

• 53 GeordieTwo // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:31 PM

I have to say I was slightly ill watching Ashley and Charnley hug after the winning goal by Perez. We have 4 wins from 16 matches Mike. Keep that in mind. We do look to be improving however. Two good wins in a row. Move Cisse on in January and bring in a very good CB and striker.

• 54 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:33 PM

G2,
    Unless we bring in Berahino I would keep Cisse and I can’t see W Brom letting him go for less than 20M

• 55 Sack Llambias // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Jail
    Hope your hanging about cos Im going to post some of your humdingers from the past. Real big howlers.
    You’ll just luv it

• 56 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Fail, that too was a bit of fun. Indeed, how could you impose anything and why would anybody take you seriously if you did. Chill out, just a bit of fun.

• 57 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:41 PM

A proper forward that fits into the way we play would do Jail!…but a proven forward like Berahino would be preferable!

• 58 AncientC // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Everton have Lukaku firing on all cylinders. Even if Aston Villa play with an ultra work-ethic, they still do not have any players that can do damage. Alan Hutton bombing down the wing and putting the ball into the stands is about as good as it gets for them.

The difference between the Villa and Everton squads is huge. I know which team I fear more.

• 59 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Ha ha yes the fine ha.

Yes I did actually Jail. I have the receipt.

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Sack Llambias/ Ian Toon,
    Fill your boots.
    Booby,
    Chill out ha ha, coming from you and your pnt up rage 👿

• 61 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:44 PM

..I’ll put it in the box with the others….

• 62 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:44 PM

G2..I agree Cisse needs to be moved on and Colo needs upgrading. And we really need someone else than Tiote to safeguard the defence and free up the other midfielder to do some damage further up the field!

…by the way Ashley and Charnley makes everyone sick!

• 63 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Ancient…it’s Villa right 😉

• 64 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Sadly, i have to take a break. I need a shower and showering with a broken back is no quick job. 😉 In fact, it’s a pain in the arse if I’m honest. However, Mr Llambias – whoever you may be – I look forward to your postings upon my return. I’m sure they’re all meant in good humour with no insult intended. Being in bed 24/7 i could do with a laugh. They are all good humoured I hope? 😉

• 65 defenders needed // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Would be incredible if our team looked like this in February, the football gods will have definetly been in our favour, but I imagine bigs will be flying before our team looks like this.

—————————-Eliot————————
    Janmat——-mbemba—-Matip——-Willems
    ——–Sissoko——-Shelvey—–Gini———–
    ————–De Jong————Perez————-
    —————————-Mitro———————–

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Booby,
    Just a fore warning that the twisted Sack Llambias reposting of my comments won’t be humorous but they might make you very angry as they’re very likely to be slating Mikey.

• 67 defenders needed // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Bastard prodictive text

• 68 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM

defenders needed,
    How much do you think that might cost.

• 69 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Oh no not llamas sac.

• 70 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Defenders needed – We have an Auto Correct Club if you wish to Join. Simplistically file out the firm and pun your mane and a dress at the tip, and don’t forge it to sing it and sound it in the enclaved stumped ad rest cantaloupe.

• 71 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:18 PM

G2 @53 tbf that’s a tableau that doesn’t look good under any circumstances.

• 72 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Sadly some things no longer work in the team and it’s not necessarily the players in question who are at fault. But the shape and style of the team that is fashioned around them

We haven’t had any kind of reliable delivery of crosses into the box and piercing runners to serve Cisse, hence the man who scored for fun looks Los these days. The bludgeoning forward juggernaut style suits battling forwards

We no longer have creative, tight passing midfielders to take the ball from a wrecking ball like Tiote and make something happen in a forward direction. We are awash in midfield with harrying ball winners who pass the ball sideways and back until it gets hoofed up the wing or Sissoko finds a gap to stride through. Shame.

• 73 Belfast // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Stick to the one liners skunki you dork

• 74 Jib // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Tsunki “We no longer have creative, tight passing midfielders to take the ball from a wrecking ball like Tiote and make something happen in a forward direction. We are awash in midfield with harrying ball winners who pass the ball sideways and back until it gets hoofed up the wing or Sissoko finds a gap to stride through.”

Pining for Pardew ? 😛

• 75 Jib // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Tsunki
    Did we play hoofball or what ?
    Make yer freakin mind up !

• 76 AncientC // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Apparently we are tied 3rd place with Man City for conversion rate. That would suggest the side needs to create more chances. Thank goodness McClaren didn’t take a leaf out of Allardyce’s book and start parking the bus, as some of the so called experts were recommending.

• 77 WWSBRD // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Grand afternoon had by all it seems…all I said was we don’t give new contracts and it spiralled to this haha oops

Anyway Jonjo what can u say about the man who got his lad out on the Internet? I’d love to say I’d hate him to come to us cos I really think he is a rather awful person…but I would actually end up living him ala Reverend Barton

Unfortunately Swansea sacked mr arrogant and that’s who he fell out with so unlikely he will be on the move owners went with current player power rather than former

• 78 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Belfast – ok

Tiote Out!
    Cisse Out!

That do you?

Ray – Pardew, Pardew? Is that Real Vallllllllllllllllllllllllllllecanos manager?

• 79 Tsunki // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Sadly I have to live with Belfasts jealousy.

• 80 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Fail, please read this very carefully, as you seem to have a problem with what i write. I don’t like Ashley. I don’t dislike Ashley. I couldn’t give a toss either way about Ashley as he’s just another owner. We have had a myriad of owners taking money from the club – he’s nothing new. When he does something that annoys me, I have been known to get angry. When he does something positive, I’ve been known to appreciate him. But in general, I don’t gice a toss either way. Unlike you, I am able to control my obsession. To me, he’s just another owner. So, you might say things – nasty things – about Ashley that I agree with. Right now, he’s the most likely to bring us success because the rest all failed. If he turns out to be full of shyte, I will say so, because it will be true. If he does invest, good on him, because it will be true. If we got a new owner tomorrow, I’d feel exactly the same way because it’s a business and it attracts sharks. Is that really so hard to understand? No, not unless you’re as thick as pig shyte. I support my team, not the owner, or board, or any other part of the club. The team is all that matters to me, regardless of who owns it. Just because at this moment I’m prepared to give Ashley a chance to invest in the team, I’m not alone. 50k others are the same. We dream. We hope. We generally get let down, but that’s football. I’m not sure you’ll ever get it, but that’s it in a nutshell.

• 81 Jib // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Tsunki
    You’ll be happier at the Darts Champiomship in your teletubbies costume

• 82 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Booby,
    I’m prepared to give him a chance too, in fact I’m really looking forward to him spending that fifty million pound in January that you argued till you were blue in the face about so I can say fair play Mr Ashley it looks like you are trying to bring success rather than use us as a bill board !

• 83 sing in the corner // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM

On Shelvey.. I think he is just exactly the type of player that would fit right in for us. Really hope we go after him. Bless him, he comes across as not the brightest spark in interviews but football brain wise he has got a great eye for a pass, a cracking shot and a good engine as well. Go get him!

• 84 Jib // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Jamie Vardy earns £9,615 per week and is 29 next month
    Will he be able to resist the circling sharks this coming window ?

• 85 welshgeordie9 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Forget baldy lets get Austin in.

• 86 firebug666 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Bobby

Just because 50k go to the match, (not this season like) does not mean that they all agree with you, or that they allow you to speak on their behalf.

I no longer go to the matches as it is no longer practical for me to do so, but if I did go my opinion of Ashley is miles away from yours, I still know blokes who do go every week and they all have differing opinion, so to claim you are speaking for 50k is just a little wide of the mark.

• 87 peterk3 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Another article on who we WON’T be signing.

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Whoa slow down firebug, you’ll be accused of being a bullying gang member.
    I’m not sure if anyone would pay more than 15M for Vardy and see no reason why Leicester would need to accept that

• 89 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM

With a pseudonym of Jail for Ashley? You might convince yourself but don’t even try it on anyone with brains. What i said was Macca said he had 150m to spend over three windows. Wait until the third window, as January is notoriously hard to buy in. I repeated Macca’s quote and said I believe him because he hasn’t lied to us yet. That still stands – I believe he has 150m to spend over three windows and will be bitterly let down if he hasn’t. He might not spend the full 50 in January, but by next summer he won’t be far short. Just give him the time he asks for, then if he fails to deliver I’ll help you jump all over him. Nobody has a crystal ball, but until someone lies to me i tend to take their
    word. He wants the fans onside, he’d be finished if he lied to us. Just wait and see ffs.

• 90 Lilongwe Geordie // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Jib,
    Your info is a little out of date. Hardy signed a new deal in 2014 worth c. £40,000 a week. You are quoting his wage when he joined in 2012.

Bobby,
    So you agree that Truth Will Out is a supporter and not a ‘follower’ as you so patronisingly put it earlier?

Your views on Ashley and whether you go to matches or not doesn’t really bother me, each isentitled to their opinions. It is the patronising and self praising style that I find unpalatable. Not to mention how overly defensive you get at others who disagree with your view. Then you try to claim the morale high ground, yet call Jail ‘Fail’ very mature and clever.

• 91 firebug666 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Jail

Well it won’t be the first time, I was apparently part of the gang with AC, Ibiza, BandB, and OP etc last season.

You must be the new gang leader this season, congratulations!

• 92 welshgeordie9 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM

I would love to comment on that.

• 93 firebug666 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:23 PM

welshie,

Comment on what exactly?

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Boobybee,
    I’ve had this username since 2009 after the shabby treatment of Kevin Keegan, If Mike Ashley lied to us he’d be finished !. He’s managed to get away with it for awhile now via his minions so let’s hope after his public statements, he will actually be finished if he doesn’t come up with the goods. So 25M this January and then 75M in the summer, good times ahead !

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Bobby,
    I am waiting to see just like everyone else !

• 96 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:27 PM

They speak with their feet. Nobody makes them go. Thèir çhoiçe. I never claimed to speak for anybody, but they still go for whatever reason. Oh yeah, to waste their money.

• 97 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Bobby,
    There are a hardcore who have stopped going to be replaced by families and cheap tickets, it is no where near the atmosphere it was in there

• 98 Average_Contents // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Thanks firebug

It was all quiet on the western front….

• 99 welshgeordie9 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Don’t think we will bring in many players in January, the thing is how many do we actually need.

• 100 Jib // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:33 PM

My fave duo
    Laurel and Vardy

• 101 welshgeordie9 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:34 PM

firebug666

I was on about the so called gang.

• 102 welshgeordie9 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Jib

A few of those on here.

• 103 welshgeordie9 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Is Austin playing tonight.

• 104 Bobbybee // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Lil, don’t like it, don’t read it. I have my opinions and am entitled to put them as I see fit. Why any of you seem to think I give a toss about what you think is beyond me. I’m away to watch football, far more entertaining. But before i go, let me point out how players, manager and coaches frequently praise match going fans and how much we lift them. Nuff said.

• 105 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Well it looks like the twisted sack Llambias has failed to find anything other than me slating Ashley to entertain you all, Bobby will just have to re watch Are you being served !

• 106 Lilongwe Geordie // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Jib,
    Yup, I put an ‘H’ instead of a ‘V’. I’m sure you put the £9615 by accident instead of c.£40000.

• 107 firebug666 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Bobbybee

“I’m prepared to give Ashley a chance to invest in the team, I’m not alone. 50k others are the same. We dream. We hope”

How do you know they are the same?

So by definition if they turn up at the match they are the same as you, they use their feet to tell you they believe in the same things as you.

Well I suppose it better to talk with their feet than out of their a**e.

Bobby, they do not all go to the match for the same reasons, I agree a lot of fan hope, and dream. but that does not make their opinion of Ashley, the club or staff including players the same as yours.

Personally I would think (as a guesstimate) reading blogs etc that the majority of people just want rid of the fat man.

My opinion is simple too, I want shot of him as he has already done the damage for me, and there is a lot of it, but as it is unlikely he will go while the cash cow fills his and SD coffers, we have to make the most of a bad situation, If the team does well then get behind it, it not let the powers that be know, if it’s uncomfortable for us we should make it just as uncomfortable for them.

Wew! rant over.

• 108 firebug666 // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Average_Contents

Always happy to oblige!

• 109 Jail for Ashley // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:43 PM

The whole purpose of using a blog is to read what other people think, those people that don’t care what others think obviously use it to spout their own self important views !

• 110 Lilongwe Geordie // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Bobby,
    Same could be said to you about others posts lad. Don’t read them if they are just going to get you wound up, and there is plenty of evidence to say you do.

Not sure what your point to me on match going fans is, not sure you really have a clue what my stance on it is, just jumping to conclusions I guess.

• 111 lesh // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Bobbybee

Help me out please.

Who is it that shouldn’t be mentioned and doing so results in a whopping fine?

• 112 Jib // Dec 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Welshie
    Aye Austin has started
    Perchinho has just gone down injured

• 113 lesh // Dec 15, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Jesper

Have another look at the shot of Ashley and Charnley celebrate Perez’s goal.

It’s as though Ashley’s instantly on his feet, grabs Charnley and Charnley then realises he’s supposed to celebrate the goal.

He was either waiting for Ashley’s move or the significance of the goal never registered with him.

Maybe that exemplified Charnley’s emotions – or lack of them!

• 114 defenders needed // Dec 15, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Jail – surely we could land all 3 for around 35 million, would even leave us with 15 million to spare on squad players. That’s if we really get our 50 million shteve said we have to spend, “150 million to spend over the next three transfer windows” I think we’re along the lines he said. Revert back to 4 3 3 and bring quality attacking football back to St James and we would have strong defence also. Obviously I live in the real world and no this would never happen, but one can dream.

• 115 defenders needed // Dec 15, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Jail – then in the summer again if it was my money replace dejong for Nathan Redmond when Norwich get relegated and we would be a top 6 team next season

previous post: 8-3 And 8-13 Shows Real Newcastle Progress