Small Chance Magpies Can Get This Top Playmaker Next Month

There have been reports that Newcastle are interested in signing central midfielder Jonjo Shelvey of Swansea in January but Newcastle have little to no chance of signing the England International.

Swansea for the first time since they were promoted back in 2011 are struggling in the league and are currently in 17th position with 14 points and they have just sacked their manager Garry Monk who has been at the club for eleven years as a player (center-back) and manager.

Jonjo Shelvey +Norwich+City+v+Swansea+City+ntFRKqP1a3xl

Jonjo Shelvey – not coming to Newcastle

Who could have seen that coming after Swansea were 8th top last season and made a decent start to the season with 8 points form their first four games – including an easy 2-0 win against Newcastle at the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea is a very well run club by Chairman Huw Jenkins but it seems he is having trouble recruiting a new manager with reports that both David Moyes and Brendan Rodgers have turned him down for the Swansea job.

The news is that Jenkins is trying to get former Sunderland manager Gus Poyet – who is currently on a short-term deal for this season at AEK Athens.

Swansea will bring in a new manager soon and the very last thing that manager will want is to lose his best player – who is Jonjo Shelvey.

So there really is very little chance of Swansea being daft enough to let the former Liverpool and Charlton midfielder leave next month.

He would be a good acquisition for us but there’s no way he will be coming in during January.

Maybe we can eventually replace Yohan Cabaye in the summer?

Jonjo has played 92 times for Swansea with 10 goals and 18 assists since signing on in the summer of 2013 from Liverpool for around £6M – and he has 6 caps for England.

What do you think?

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Guess who should be Out?

• the truth will out

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Mrs Ashley
    out on the lash
    plodging down the bigg mkt

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Ashley! That’s whoooooooooo!

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:23 PM

#347 in the series ‘ Pictures of players unlikely to be signed by NUFC’. Collect the set!

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:25 PM

This week, Collect a Joel Matip or a Charlie Austin and get PEA absolutely FREEEEEE!!!!!.

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Too bald. We only wanted swarthy, oily maned mediterranean types. Next!

• the truth will out

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM

absolutely pmsl

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM

And they must have used a whole box of ugly sticks btw….

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Grateful to Ashey for cheap Season Tickets ???, might as well be grateful for cheap trainers as well then, do you honestly think they would be still cheap if there was a demand for them like there was before he turned up. Why aren’t the mackem game tickets normal price ???

• Bobbybee

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:38 PM

It could boil down to how much Swansea are paying him and how much we’re prepared to offer. Probably just paper gossip again anyway, like the 101 we were linked with last summer. Gotta bear in mind that most papers have no access to Newcastle anyway and just love to make things up to stir the fans up. Only a month to go, then we’ll see.

• Toon-Prodigy

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:43 PM

I’d take him as an upgrade on Anita, he gets a few goals!

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:47 PM

If you don’ t watch sky or BT or motd or even highlights on YouTube or even pay for a black and white TV license to listen to radio commentary, don’t buy from the club shops, don’t go to games and don’t buy pannini stickers or buy any magazines with articles featuring football or football players, don’t buy from Sports Direct or any of his myriad companies them that’s the only way you won’t put money into fatsos copies wallet. it’s virtually impossible to do, and still profess to be a fan. However you can impact on his profits and his brand image by not buying the more overtly direct and expensive things, the things that can easily be helped. I understand the quandary a dogged and lifelong fan would have faced with not being the supporter they are, and wanting to try and affect Ashley to do the right thing against his inclinations. I believe such things are where the word ‘sacrifice’ can be understood. It’s not for everybody, granted. But each does as he sees fit.

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Fatso’s Copious Wallet. Good name for a business that.

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Anyway, not advocating boycotts or not- boycotts, but how long after a blank January Transfer Window does everyone think the murmuring will renew?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Shelvey is the type of player we should be in a position to take off Swansea’s hands with the minimum of fuss but because of Ashley’s running of the club they are now regarded as a better or equal proposition !

A bit of 10 or 12 million and reasonable wages and I think he could be convinced to be our play maker

• the truth will out

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM

feb 01 2016

• murvar

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Delighted to see that Ashley has lost £330m from his personal wealth after the Guardian broke the scandal about working conditions and rates of pay at his warehouse in Derbyshire. Now the MPs are on the hunt too – even the minister for business.

• MadisonToon

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:15 PM

@LCBP

We should be able to get a player like him easily enough. I’m not sure I’d shell out 10-12 million for him, but with him being English it might have to be in that region. He would certainly be an upgrade on either Colback or Anita as he puts work in on both sides of the ball, chipping in with a goal or two every so often. Would be a nice upgrade, but 10-12 million for a nice upgrade doesn’t seem to be all that worth it.

We’ll see if any money gets spent anyway or if all of our transfer thoughts are for naught.

• Bobbybee

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Tsunki, the other night you said I’d had enough of all this bollox. You were bang on the head mate. Every time i try to change the subject, fail, or one of his little gang stirs it up again with pointkess issues. Would it be this cheap…. yes, it would, it was frozen for ten years. I’m bored with the anti Ashley routine going on and on and on. When he does something positive, it gets put down. It is possible to dislike someone, but agree with something he does or says. This is my final word on the subject: I will buy my ST for as long as I am fit to attend and NOTHING anybody else says will change that. Others can spend their money as they see fit and give Ashley their money in other ways. I simply don’t care either way. Normally I like a good discussion, but from now on this subject is off the agenda. The reason there isn’t a 15k waiting list for ST’s now is because we’re not top anymore and every single club has fair weather fans who’ve drifted away. They might still follow us, but their interest in going has evaporated. The same has happened at Villa, but to a larger extent. Last season Leicester brought a mini bus, this season they filled their end. It’s how football works. It’s in my nature to defend myself, but i’m so bored with this, stuff it. We all know what we are, let’s just leave it at that.

• the truth will out

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM

well stop the holier than thou indoctrinations then ashley oot

• Bobbybee

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM

I rest my case.

• nut meg

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM

We’ll know soon enough as to what they really mean about the next three transfer windows.

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I rest mine too. Only time will give us the necessary information regarding Ashleys intent either way.

But I reserve my right to treat him as an untrustworthy fellow for the moment.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:47 PM

jonjo looks like the bad guy in despicable me, imo…

• Bobbybee

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Tsunki, you can treat him like the devil incarnate. I’m like you, waiting to see if he’s good on his word or not. But I’d feel like a right plonka if I slagged him off, only for him to come through on his word and spend, not sell our best players. Working logically, it would make little sense to spend 50 big ones to improve the team, then weaken it again the following window. That would be throwing money away. Logic says strengthen again, but we’ll know when the window closes. Maybe Ashley goes against logic, but if so, i fail to see how he’s made a fortune.

• Average_Contents

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM

I’m surprised you can see anything at all, what with those bollox hanging over your eyes.

About time they dropped though eh ?

Sorry bobby, can’t stand your stinking holier than thou attitude.

Best fan EVER you boy.

Sorry folks. Can’t help it.

• Toon-Prodigy

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Rowdy as ever on here then haha!

• Average_Contents

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Have your go back then we’ll call it quits yeah.

Free hit.

Don’t go below the belt though otherwise I might cry.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM

@Madison Toon

Swansea paid 6 million for him a few seasons back and he has improved a lot since then so 10 or 12 million is a fair price considering he is English and is still only 23 !

Anytime he has played against us for Swansea he has totally dominated us and dictated the play even when we had Cabaye so the boy is a talent that would work well with Perez and Wijnaldum

We would not be able to get him any cheaper unless he has a clause but I doubt that

• Bobbybee

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:15 PM

We’ve been the victim of some shocking refereeing decisions over the last few seasons. How long is it since we had a penalty? I’ve been taking notice of Championship referee Keith Stroud lately whilst watching Championship matches on Sky. Why he hasn’t been promoted is beyond reason. Whilst we’ve had to put up with some garbage, he just lets games flow as much as possible and does a far better job that the majority of Premier League refs. In fact, you hardly notice he’s there, which is always a good sign. Has anybody else picked him out as quality? One to keep an eye on if not.

• Toon-Prodigy

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:16 PM

It could never happen, but i’d love to see danny rose at left back for us.

Shelvey is twice the player Anita is also.

I wonder who we get in January, when was the last time we signed a another Premier League player..

• Bobbybee

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:20 PM

As if i care one jot what you think of me. My point proven again. Like taking candies off a baby really.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:24 PM

@Toon-Prodigy

Colback and Demba Ba funnily enough both were free agents !!!

Think Kevin Nolan or Sol Campbell where the last ones we paid money for ??

• hibbitt

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:27 PM

lee i think your a bit out in your price estimate the lads english he’s only 23 a lot of top ten clubs will throw money at him if he comes up for sale in january the bidding will start at 15m and go from there………. thats us out

• Average_Contents

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Let’s leave it then.

Own up. Who’s had pre in their keks the past two games then?

I certainly did ?

• Average_Contents

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM

😉

• Belfast

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:34 PM

I had a wet dream before the Liverpool game. If that counts I win.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:35 PM

I wouldn’t care but nobody is really giving the fat fcuker a hard time at the minute as we’re waiting to see what will happen. Bobby, so anybody who disagrees with you is in a little gang, Lilongwe who is one of the most impartial posters on here and certainly not in anyones ‘gang’ said you were speaking drivel, I think he’s on to something, you accuse people of bullying yet launched a random attack on me last night then accused me of hiding away with the rest of the bullies, it was half eleven at night. This is a blog and there are lots of different opions, try and put yours across with playing the victim.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:36 PM

@Hibbit

Yeah he would still be worth 15 million for me as well !!

I think he would be perfect for the system we are looking to play granted we could get a foreign player cheaper who could maybe do the same role but I think we need to start getting players who have done well in the premiership

We can afford him no bother whether we are even looking at him is another matter

Will be interesting to see who we sign in January

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Also I will love it if we can smash Villa !! I still remember the day we went down !! Its payback time !!