This Newcastle Target Will Still Be Available Next Month

Charlie Austin scored two goals in the final 25 minutes last night to bring QPR back to a 2-2 draw with Chris Hughton’s Brighton team and that gives Charlie 10 goals in 14 games this season – so this lad keeps on scoring.

And there has been news recently that Charlie is very willing to stay on at QPR until the summer when he will become a free agent.

We’ve been very impressed with the loyalty the 26 year-old has shown QPR and that reflects well on his character and on his temperament.

charlie austin

Charlie Austin – good value at £7M

And while we are sure Charlie would be very happy to stay at QPR past January that’s not his choice to make and we think if QPR get a bid of say £7M for him they will sell Charlie.

New QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has talked about his star striker:

“In football there are no guarantees and everybody wants to make a profit.  “At the end of the day it’s a business. But do we want to sell him? No.”

“It’s up to the owners and as a manager I can only advise and can only say ‘No, I don’t want him to leave – I need him’ and I think they would respect that.”

“I’m, very happy with his goals but he’s done so much more than that with his work off the ball.”

“But it’s not just about him. It’s about the team and he doesn’t score if the ball doesn’t come in and if other players are not prepared to sweat.”

We’d like to see Newcastle put in a bid of say £7M for Charlie in January and he’s much less of a risk and a lower price than other strikers on the continent we are currently linked with.

And since he’s at half the price he was up for in the summer – why wouldn’t Newcastle make a move?

• Tsunki

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Ashley Out!

• Tsunki

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Ladies annnnnnddddd Geeee-entlemennnnn – I give you……..Mr Charles Austin! Warm your cheeks on another homely article on our never to be future golden boy.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Has Ian been sniffing glue and why does he always turn up a day after Sack Llambias has said something creepy to me ?

• cyprus

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Is this Austin what we need? I’m thinking Bellamy Aguero style, this is another Mitrovic.

Welcome Warm Up!

On game, thinking draw. 7 out of 9 can’t be bad, especially against a ‘currently’ fellow relegation candidate.

Ed. Hold your horses in that top 6 ambition. And this from me, who said top 4 by next year…

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM

And so it begins…….

Also……can we please please please give Marv to the Mackems as a Christmas present? And Obertan? And Rivy? And Ashley?

Also seen the chronicle linking Tiote with a move away but SMC is keen to retain him……dear god why!
    Were flooded with sideways passing CDM’s really fail to see the benefit of keeping an unfit midfielder who lost his form 3 seasons ago and has no idea where he left offers to the squad

Priority this window has to be strengthening the defence with a long term replacement for Colo, a LB who knows how to defend (granted the young lad Mbabu looked canny there) and a midfielder in the creative mould

Please Charnley don’t spend all window attempting to blow your wad all over Charlie Austin…

• Tsunki

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Jail he’s been crushing me jewels with his crazy bants today, he’s bordering on mystic lunatic I think. He’s 100% behind Jeff and sees great blog value in him. I’m also the ejected part of a double act with Belfast, who I believe he has the hots for.

• hibbitt

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:46 PM

tads………don’t give a shit if there pink with yellow dots or from timbuctoo but the criteria your placing on the british player must also apply to our foreign legion as were buy to many foreign flops

• Tsunki

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:47 PM

I know it’s controversial but I really think, and I know it sounds a bit premature, we should sell Austin. I mean, he’s done absolutely nowt so far.

• Belfast

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Oh it’s such a perfect day deee deee deee deee Charlie Austin articles on the blog…..

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Cyprus
    The somewhat possible shock results (personally fancied us vs spuds) were very welcome but not a particular surprise we always seem to pick up those kind of results
    But for me I’m not convinced we’ve turned a corner until we start picking up points from the teams around us

Want us to absolutely smash Villa, personally my most hated PL club, pointless club that lot offer nout to the league and have sh1t fans, somehow they cling on every season but essentially their in the league making up the numbers

• catchy in norway

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:50 PM

In the cinema waiting for Star Wars to start, very excited.

Almost as excited as when I heard palace where after p45.

Glory days

:)))))))

• Belfast

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:50 PM

And then later another Austin article and then home…

• Belfast

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Kets has probably already sold him for 35 million Skunki.

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Hibbit
    Did I say we didn’t?
    No, I said British shouldn’t be the criteria, experience and quality should, said absolutely sweet f*^k all to deny the fact we’ve signed some absolute garbage from overseas, but that’s not fixed by flooding the teams with 90’s throwback “grafter” footballers

• Belfast

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Think we should sign at least five British players…

Oh hi tads.

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Belfast
    Has anyone started an official pool on how many Austin articles a day we’ll get
    Will they rival the Carroll numbers?

• catchy in norway

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Tads

I had to win both v Lpool and spuds, and I think we will smash 4 past villa ,

I used to like them, but I think that’s because we had some good results against them , but now after the relegation , I hope they set a new low record when relegated

• cyprus

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM

TADS, don’t get me wrong. I too hope for that but I think they’ll consider this the last chance café… They’ll probably get something. Hope not

• cyprus

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Tsunki
    Good one

• Ron Knee

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:58 PM

I can see Villa scoring in the 93rd minute. Surely we’ve used up our ration of injury time goals?

• catchy in norway

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Tads

There will be at least 1 post a day , some of them just telling us what he eats, another might tell us if he has pets, we might even get one which lets us know his grades from his school days. Then when Feb rolls around and he doesn’t sign, Ed will be gutted that he signs for palace, or will he, hmmm

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Catchy
    Fully expecting articles involving questionable photos taken from distance on a sh1t camera phone asking if it’s Austin refuelling at Manchester services on his way to tyneside

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM

The worst of the worst have rocked up and battered Villa this season

We’ll make them look like Brazil!

• toonarmydownsouth

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Just seen Swansea could be in talks Marcelo Bielsa……..
    I hate you mike

• SPRINGY

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:15 PM

evening all
    i read ever banega is out of contract in the summer and since we’ve been linked with him a few times, i was wondering if anyone on here has watched him regular or thinks he worth looking at for cm??

• Belfast

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Well the fact Ed is completely ignoring what Charlie Austin said last night suggests there’s a big pile of Austin articles on their way.

• lesh

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM

But Austin said after last night’s game that he was at QPR till the end of the season.

Ok, money talks and if we really do want a proven Prem striker, then we should offer a fee that QPR will accept and wages that’ll make Austin take the offer seriously.

But, we’ve gotta hope that Charnley sees the wisdom of doing a cost-benefit analysis and then has the guts to put up a strong argument to get Ashley to approve the investment. That though is where things fall to pieces – Charnley works to orders and doesn’t seem to have a creative thought in his head let alone the guts to challenge Ashley’s philosophy.

What a state of affairs

• lesh

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Tads

Bielsa’s got a reputation for being a bit of a maverick. He’s never been at a club for more than two years.

Is that what we need?

• Jib

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Milan are trying to persuade Joel Matip to hang on until June 2016 when his contract with Schalke terminates at which time they will get him for nowt but offer him fabulous personal terms .

We are preparing a bid of £10million for January.

It’s down to Schalke now.

• lesh

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Catchy

Be prepared for a news-flash during Star Wars announcing Toon interest in signing Austin!

• JamesToon

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Im going for a 3-0 win for us against villa…if we turn up again. If not then i can see it being a 3-2 loss.

I’d go with this against villa:
    Elliot
    Janmaat-Mbemba-Coloccini-Dummett
    Sissoko-Anita-Colback-Wijnaldum
    Perez-Mitrovic

need to prove our quality by beating the worst team in the league convincingly.

• geordieboy83

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Springy

R.e banega

In a heartbeat mate, if I could I’d pick him up myself to get him here, a class above what we’ve got

• nightfa11

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:47 PM

i dont thing getting a new striker in is a way to go..

perez must play
    mitrovic was angry, cos he was left out for 2 matches
    when armstrong comes back, he will need to play

if we get austin or sbd else..perez and mitro just might demand to be sold..and losing 2 top european strikers for austin..bad move.. austin is good player..but mitro and perez are both better..

• LGFUAD21

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:49 PM

We do t need attacking midfielders. Gini and De Jong can do that role and Perez can easily improve his creativity with a few pointers (like releasing the ball to team mates)

We need a rock of a DM in front of our defence a rb a CB and some attacking threat from the wings.

• loonie-toon

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Wonder how much it would cost to get shelvey and a fink if we got Townsend play him on left. Keep sossoko on right e won’t cut in playin on left lol

• Thump

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Am I the only one who gets itchy when there hasn’t been a mention of Charlie Austin in a day?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Ed…I don’t want to jump to any conclusion but something tells me you really want us to sign Austin? 😉

• Bambams

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Ed
    As much as I would love to agree with you that Austin is stating he is happy to stay – suggesting loyalty……My goodness he would be entitled to a cracking signing on fee when he becomes a free agent in the summer.
    He is in a win/win situation
    Imo

• Thump

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:19 PM

@jesper: I think if Ed was given a choice between Austin and Messi, he’d vote for Austin.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Thump…You gotta hand it to Ed he’s persistent!

…I might just feel sorry for him now if we don’t try and sign him.