Newcastle Have Made Me A Better Person And Better Footballer

Ayoze Perez is catching the eye of a number of Premier League clubs for his excellent play for Newcastle United both this season and last season.

One of those clubs interested is reported to Tottenham Hotspur and his spectacular stoppage time winner last Sunday will make them even more keen on the 22 year-old Spanish striker.

ayoze perez scores winner

Ayoze Perez scoring on Sunday

But Ayoze is consistent in his praise for Newcastle United and he has again talked about how he likes it at Newcastle:

“Newcastle have made me a better person and a better footballer,”

“I’m really happy here and that’s what I have to think – try to do my best every week, grow as a player and that’s it.”

“I have two more years here, so a long time, and that’s good for me because every day I want to grow as a player and try to be in the team and score goals.”

The Spanish U21 striker played 39 times last season with 7 goals and so far this season he has four goals in 16 total appearances this season for Newcastle.

Perez was left out of the first team  rather unfortunately a couple of games ago and he is fighting to regain his starting position.

This is what Ayoze said on nufcTV after he signed and was visiting St. James’ Park and had just met with Peter Beardsley – as he was expected to be part of the Development squad:

“I’m very happy to be here to start this new adventure,” “I’m very eager for it to begin and I’m very pleased to play for this magnificent club.

“Any football player would be interested in playing for such a club and I will earn my position to get in the first team,”

His signing seems to have been  a win/win for both player and club – and as we said he just seems to love Newcastle.

We thought Ayoze signed on a five year deal so that runs out in June 2019?

He’s just a smashing lad and one of our favorite players at the club.

• Goldmbemba

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Anyone seen Garde’s comments about his team and players before the game?

I cant fathom why a manager in his position would have a go publically at nZogbia and agbonlahor like that. For a team low on confidence…

Either way, (if he’s being unfair or if there really is a defeatist attitude there), it should be good news for us.

I wont be sorry to see Villa go down, I just hope theres no mercy from us tomorrow. We arent out of the woods yet and we need the points to reach 19, pile the pressure on the others around us.

• firebug666

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Well that’s one ambition achieved Ayoze, you made it into the first team.

Cracking player and needs to start against Villa.

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Aren’t you helping in the eye-catching thing by linking our players to other clubs, Ed?

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Golbmbemba
    He’s just trying to get a reaction from them.
    I do agree that this weekend could be shyt or bust for Villa.
    Until Tsunki mentioned it in passing I didn’t realise our last away fixture is Saturday 7th May at Villa Park !!!
    That is unless it’s Wembley 2 weeks later 😎

• JDdubai

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Really hope we dont start with Cisse, think its time to put Mitro or Perez back in and tyr to get a lead instead of playong crap for an hour and hoping they can come off the bench to save us.

SDJ can handle the 10 position but think he would be much better with a pacy CF ahead of him to strecth the play and leave sspace for him.

Tiote should start on the bench, Mitro for Cisse and possibly squeezing Perez into the starting line up too.

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Jeff, thanks for the answer, but it’s not what I was pointing out. To be clear, not only does Mike Ashley not give one about TC Mits, Joe Public and the common punter, neither do his partners in venture who greedily support from his chalice, as evidence in this article from September

Yet, after reasonably relentless pressure from the Union protest and the ‘lefty’ newspapers ( by extension all media with similar socialist agenda) it appears the smiles have been wiped off the faces of those laid-back ‘City’ folk, their previous 90% ish vote of confidence in Mike now seeming a little regrettable. No, mike has no feeling for Joe Ordinary, but hitting him where it hurts is achievable it appears, even though you seem oddly enthusiastic about condemning and belittling the efforts that have done this. I stand by my question as to where you think the seeds of discontent against Ashley were sown. it’s documented, so the question is rhetorical. Just wanted to see you acknowledge it.

• matt11_25

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:40 PM

I’d start Mitro and De Jong up front tomorrow. First half allows for changes, they didn’t produce. Plus Cisse blocked a possible De Jong goal. Not a lot of pace between Mit and Jong but seems to make some good runs in behind into the corners, and they both hold the ball up well,

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Sup from his chalice. Bah

• matt11_25

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Plus if we stop playing De Jong now, might as well sell him in Jan cause he”ll never get it back.

• beermonkey

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM

tuffers

mever owned there records but there playing near me soon and I am tempted to go see them

sing along to a bit of rabbit rabbit and snooker loopy

• toon kk

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Mecca likes game changers on the beach, so holding Mitro and Perez back are basically the only options.

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM

It’s all words

You say I belittle your efforts and effect , that’s not my raison pour disputer , my socialist credentials are impeccable.

I say you over-estimate your effect , as do the Guardian theirs and the Beast of Bolsover has turned from an ex miner battler to a silly old man.
    Describing someone as a monster should be reserved for Jihadi John or Jimmy Saville not a fat cat seller of cheap sandshoes who nips his workers for 6p an hour.

• toon kk

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:55 PM

As for Villa tomorrow I hope we’re up for the game because they certainly will be..

• toon kk

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Oops posted that twice.

• JamesToon

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:01 PM

I’d go with quite an attacking team tomorrow try and kill the game off early:

Elliot
    Janmaat/Mbemba/Coloccini/Dummett
    Sissoko/de Jong/Colback/Wijnaldum
    Pérez/Mitro

• JamesToon

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I think de Jong could be a decent player as a deep lying playmaker, give us a bit of creativity from deep

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:02 PM

toon kk // Dec 18, 2015 at 5:53 P
    what about then putting colo on the bench? He has changed the outcomes of many games.

• Toon-Prodigy

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Going to be really difficult to keep a hold of this lad. Anything past the summer is a bonus. Gem of a player

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:07 PM

If Chas and Dave met Mr Tuff

I’m afraid he’d underpin all their beliefs about

Norven Mahhhnnnkeeeyyys

• toon kk

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Taco
    You’ve got a good point there mate, Colo could be our key to success if only used in the correct manner. !!!!!!!

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:15 PM

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Jeff @ 12- if that’s your reply, I assume you are a denizen of local politics because none of that was relevant or informative.

The whole question was about whether you acknowledge or deny that successful pressure can be traced as having it’s roots in protest from the organised ‘ordinary’ man. I believe it’s self evident of course, but your clear answer would confirm if you are a realist or prefer to denigrate such efforts.

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:17 PM

As for calling anyone a monster, who was that?

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:21 PM

The thing is Garde was a class defender so must be aware of our weaknesses .
    If I were him I’d swallow my pride and play a long ball game and back Gestede against our back four.

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Dennis Skinner MP for Bolsover (where Shirebrook is )

• lesh

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:34 PM

It’s worrying that Perez refers to him having two more years at SJP – no stated desire to be with us beyond that. In saying that, given the way the Club’s being run at the moment, it’s no surprise.

Repost from previous re Ashley and SD….

Jib

Sorry to disagree with your assertion that Ashley doesn’t care what the media say about his modus operandi.

Since the Grauniad exposed the conditions at the Shirebrook gulag, he’s to preside over an internal review of the conditions imposed on agency employed employees. He’s distanced himself and SD from criticism. He can’t though deny that warehouse employees are hounded to work harder.

I think that he’ll deign that conditions be improved and employee searches’ll become part of the working day.

Ashley’s image is under scrutiny and rather than risk more public outcry from the fans of NUFC, I’ve a feeling that he’ll put money up to spend on quality Prem-experienced players and change his parsimonious attitude towards his running of the Club.

We’ll have to wait and see if Ashley changes his ways but, strange things happen.

• toon kk

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM

We’re the most unpredictable side in the premier league, so there is no way anyone could predict the score against Villa.
    One thing for sure they’ll look at us and class us as a winnable game.
    Let’s hope we give our all.

• lesh

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Tsunki

You’re right about Ed and other parts if the meeja speculating about Perez’s future being elsewhere.

I’d rather the local press and blogs take the positive line and thus let Perez know how much he’s wanted at SJP and any move away would not go down well.

Ed, you’re adding fuel to the fire by talking up the possibility that young stars will be sold. Please take a more positive line in that regard.

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Lesh
    That’s all a blog is for —- differing views.
    Ashley is only 51 —- not too late for the leopard to change his spots — my kids keep me right he has 3

• Robby Bobson

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Alot is made about how poor villa are, but to be honest, I think the game tomorrow depends how ambitious of a team Garde puts out…i think its his to lose.

The games we’ve been the worst in the season, Leicester, Palace, Watford, have all been against teams had two up top (or one proper target man), pacey wingers or both.

How we couldnt handle Deeney and Ighalo, or Zaha and Bolasie…

Villa have the potential for all of these things, i would dread a team of Gestede on Colocinni with Sinclair floating, with Adama Traoure on Dummett. For me, if Garde has done his homework, he will be thinking attack attack attack.

Spurs and Liverpool dont play this direct way, and we won those 2 games.

On the other hand, we need to absolutely smother them in 20 minutes, with Mitro and Ayoze up front and hopefully get an early goal.

• SPRINGY

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:56 PM

evening all
    i find myself unsure of which side to start against villa….mitro and perez changed the game at spurs but we’ve won 2 games with SDJ and cisse starting……???
    SDJ gives us something..a presence of intelligence and would like to see him get more games to get him to his absolute best then see what he’s about…but mitro and perez have there own presence,that won us the game at spurs….cisse…..thought he was back to looking his best against liverpool but thought at spurs he was woeful…..but him and SDJ have started the last 2 games..and we won????…..my heed is battered!!lol

• toon kk

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Perez will be probably sold in the summer, regardless if we stay up or not. I can’t see him going this January, we need him.
    But there’s a regime at the club so Mash will cash him in rather than get the best years from him.

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:02 PM

it’s a fairly well-known motivational poster slogan, but I’m sure that not many are aware that it was first pinned up in Shirebrook by SD –

“The beatings will continue until morale improves”

A real crowd pleaser.

• nightfa11

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:03 PM

• Jib

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Springy
    I think SM has more problems than Garde.
    If we defend with too high a line Gabby Agbonlahore will slaughter us if we sit back Gestede and Sinclair will make hay , I’m scaring meself to death here !!!!! 😕

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:06 PM

I think the tenor of the January window will go a long way towards keeping or releasing our more talented…am…purples…ahem..

If Ashley opens the coffers and makes some show of intent, and IF we subsequently start to shape up as a strong contending outfit under the SM regimen, perhaps our gold chip players will consider this as a promising ‘project’. But if it’s business as usual, with all the usual hot air and filibustering, start waving…

• SPRINGY

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:07 PM

jib
    oh cheers!!….thought you’d scare me as well then!!….cheers for that!lol

• loonie-toon

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM

If we’re 18th richest club in Europe we shunt have to sell r top players I.e Perez we should pull all stops out to keep here spesh when he loves it here

• SPRINGY

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM

your right tho jib i said on here the other day i thought they were the 2 biggest problems

• Tsunki

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Nightfa11 I called that one ha ha I just knew some loon would pipe up with that comedy gift! Tony Cascara certainly appreciates the cathartic effect a man like King Percy could have on a team like Chelsea. Delusional. Pardew ‘ handle’ abramovic? Ha ha and again Ha! I think the only thing he’d bring to the Chelsea boardroom table is his infamous ability to bend over and drop ’em 🙂