The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Sky Sports Pundit Predicts Arsenal vs Newcastle

12:00 pm, Friday, January 1st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 13 Comments

You will not find too many pundits that predict Newcastle will get anything but a defeat and maybe a heavy defeat at the Emirates Stadium tomorrow afternoon as we will try to see out way out of the bottom three.

But since we are 2 points behind 4th bottom Norwich a win is what it would take at the Emirates – which is unlikely at best.

paul merson

Paul Merson – 3-0 to Arsenal

This is what Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson has said about the game tomorrow – our first of 2016:

“I can’t see anything but an easy Arsenal win here. It was a bad result for Newcastle at West Brom, although I did feel for goalkeeper Karl Darlow as he had done well up to the goal.”

“It was so important Arsenal got back to winning ways after the defeat by Southampton. That’s what champions would do, and they came through thanks to more magic from Mesut Ozil.”

“I think it will be a walk in the park for the Gunners, and Newcastle will probably look at this as damage limitation, making sure they do not get a good beating.”

Paul predicts a 3-0 home win.

And for Newcastle to survive this season it’s going to take a top ten finish out of our remaining 19 games if we are to get 23 points and reach that 40 points total – which usually – but not always – is enough points to survive.

That’s how low Newcastle have fallen – to have to talk about whether or not we will survive this season.

We are also coming off probably the worst year in the history of Newcastle United.

Heads would roll in any other company so that those responsible for creating the debacle are at least held accountable – but we suppose that doesn’t happen in football – well not at Newcastle anyway.

And that’s another sign that Newcastle is simply a woefully run football club.

And notice we have not heard a squeak from Managing Director Lee Charnley.

We need to beat Arsenal tomorrow to turn this thing around.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Arsenal?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Poll · Prediction · Premier League · Press · Pundit

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:09 PM

Ashley Out!

• 2 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:10 PM

Welsh if you really thought jibs comment was the funniest of the year, even at this stage, I have news for you regarding your perception of yourself as blog comic. it’s not good I’m afraid.

• 3 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Speaking of news, Ed – this isn’t.

• 4 Mister Tuff // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Jib and Welsh………………………………………OOT
    Mr Tubbs……………………………………………OOT
    Ian Toon…………………………………………….OOT
    Penfold………………………………………………OOT
    Wally Brolly Blusterman………………………..OOT

• 5 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:17 PM

New Year, Old WUMs

I actually hope jeff is right and we do have a cracking January spree. Just not expecting anything major atm.

• 6 toon kk // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM

Millions were wasted in the summer, apart from on Gini although the rest May be OK for the future. But Mash is far more hands on than people think and once again put the regime first.
    The consequences are aparrent in every game we play, we can’t cope with pace and rely on players who basically struggle to keep up with the demands of English football.

• 7 Ron Knee // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM

Elliot “a doubt” for tomorrow’s match. Not good.

• 8 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:19 PM

I just don’t get it. Steve McLaren has the same booze-flushed hawk look, why isn’t he as good as SAF?

• 9 Tsunki // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Oh no. Poor kid. I mean Darlow of course.

What kind of a dose has Elliot got to keep him out this long? I had something that blew me out like a cheap banger in Venezuela once, off reservation for best part of a week. So Robs kebab must have been a pretty nauseous article indeed.

• 10 jimiley // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Rotonda,
    You point out in an earlier blog that the Toon do not just sign French or black players. I am wrong but I just have that impression. However, I made no derogarory comment about either French players or black players and fail to see how it is a racist comment. I think we should spread our net far and wide to get the best players and they will not be exclusively black or French. I would not be happy if we signed 11 Chinese or 11 Geordie players because we are unlikely to get the best players if we limit ourselves to one region or one race. Some Geordies long for the day when we have 11 Geordies in the team. Most unlikely but does that make the supporters racist? Hardly.

• 11 goalseeker // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:27 PM

I think with super Mcs secret weapon we will get 3 points against Arsenal The secret weapon is that we are going to kick off at 12:45 although even that could produce a goaless draw 🙂

• 12 cyprus // Jan 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM

• 13 davis_toons // Jan 1, 2016 at 1:49 PM

De Boer said:

“First you have to see what the plan is at a club and what I and the people I would take with me could add to it.

“The last club I was linked with was Swansea City. I have had no contact with them at this time. But what if these people paint me a pretty picture that they are in that category of clubs with which I could do something beautiful? Like clubs such as Tottenham and Liverpool.

“Those are the sort of clubs with which you would want to work. But the most important thing would be the feeling I get.”

previous post: There’s Not Much Hope For Newcastle Fans