The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Shearer Reacts To Third Defeat In A Row

5:41 pm, Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 37 Comments

Newcastle missed at least three great chances to score and win this game this after in north London but didn’t take then and as has happen in the previous two games a late goal meant that newcatsle went down to another defeat and that’s now 11 defeats in 20 league games.

We have lost more than half our games this season.

alan shearer latest

Alan Shearer got it right – we keep missing our chances.

Who Was Newcatsle's Best Player At Arsenal?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League · Tweet · Twitter

37 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Striker needed

• 2 lesh // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Get yet boots dubbined Al – Ashley might just call on your generosity!!

• 3 Tsunki // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Apply within. Previous experience preferable.

• 4 John Tudor // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:49 PM

glib // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Striker needed
    pioneer /or swan

• 5 toon kk // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Are you upsetting fellow bloggers Again??

• 6 Jack Root // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM

It’s been a while since you played.

• 7 Jib // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Ten out of ten to the club
    They put a lot of effort into getting Mitro
    I’m sure he will come good in the end like Romelu Lukaku , but the Jupiler League ain’t the prem.
    We have some cracking young potential at the club.
    Mitro Perez Armstrong Aarons Toney etc.
    but we need proven performers to protect our rosy future !!!!

• 8 John Tudor // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Jib // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:40 PM

John Tudor “look at me , look at me , I’m really important me , look at me”

• 9 Vask // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Have we signed anyone yet?

• 10 Jack Root // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Touch of positivity. It’s over to you Mike.

• 11 John Tudor // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:53 PM

give it a break jib
    no one is impressed with your clap trap

• 12 bladeuser // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:53 PM

when nufc play pretty football in the last game on there way down u bloggers can come on and say how unlucky we were but didn’t we play well
    Most of u mugs and u know who u r sheep LICKING pussy s deserve a team in the championship as u r second rate bloggers and by the way Toonbrother is right Colo is a pile of shit who cannot run head or tackle
    SHEEP ? Out
    Arse LICKING ASH and SMAC bloggers out

• 13 Grafton83 // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM

If we could play like that every game we’d be flying. We were unlucky no1 could take their chance. I don’t really think a new striker is needed, you just know if we buy someone they’ll be a bit shit and we’ll be back to square one, we can’t afford or be an attractive proposition for a lukaku or similar, we’ll end up with some lightweight French hopeful. I think Mitro and Perez can do a job just fine. If we stick with them I’m sure the goals will come. Also Thauvin wasn’t on for long but my word does he have a long way to go before he’s ready from prem football.

• 14 MacToon // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM

So Jack Root ( new poster name) has the same hyperlink as the saddo Sack Llambias from earlier –
    I also noticed it was changed from Mr Tuff to Mr so I’m guessing he’ll not only be attacking me and Jail but Mr T too……. what a waste of space some of you are!!

• 15 Hail Wor Ashley // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM

So Shearer agrees with me. He must be a troll too, eh? It’s obvious we need a ST and that Mitro isn’t good enough, or not ready if you believe he will come good – I don’t.

Love how those that see themselves as the decent people on here, are those quickest to throw around the troll tag to anybody that doesn’t agree with them. Very juvenile.

• 16 Vask // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Bladeuser you should calm down, The blog can’t take such eloquence.

• 17 eaststandgeordie1982 // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Must win the next game, to stay in the prem we need to start winning at home and pick up points away, and to do that we need a goalscorer asap it’s to risky not to go all out and get one. We can’t afford to get another young lad in.

• 18 John Tudor // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:56 PM

not to ed please mail me at the usual addy when this parasite leaves
    by the way its not ashley i will know when he has gone

• 19 Vask // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:57 PM

i’d like to see Perez & De jong have ago as a front 2, perez in front and Wijn making runs from behind De Jong

• 20 manxpie // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:57 PM

wiji second really??
    he missed another sitter
    he’s actually annoying me now he has great ability but drifts in and out of games so much its unbelievable
    i’d have prefered to see de jong in that position today tbh

• 21 geordieboy83 // Jan 2, 2016 at 5:58 PM

You’re a master of pointlessness buddy. Keep whinging and being offensive pal, and whilst you’re at it try and provide something constructive to the site, as I’m sure the majority of us mugs would be lost without your elegant, lyrical insight and genial posts

• 22 Hail Wor Ashley // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Like JFA, you offer precious little in the way of footy chat, are always outfor petty grudges and ramble about others when contributing nought yourself, what I’m saying is, the blog wouldn’t miss you.

• 23 geordieboy83 // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Dunno who mentioned it earlier but I agree, mbemba of we retain him long enough could go on to become a legend and the best cb since woody.

• 24 Lilongwe Geordie // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Shearer says we missed good chances, our best fell to Gini, Perez and Colback. Clearly Mitro’s fault.

Thought I’d check back to see if you had responded. Notice you posted a number of times but failed to respond.

You just seem to want to antagonise Tudor tonight. Also, comparing Mitro to Lukaku is incredibly lazy, and based on nowt but them both having played for Anderlecht.

• 25 MacToon // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:04 PM

How hurtful Hail Wor Ashley.

• 26 Jack Root // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Thanks Wor.

• 27 Hail Wor Ashley // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Our best fell to Gini, our 2nd best fell to Mitro, this precious bubble around Mitro is ridiculous. Selective thinking at it’s finest.

• 28 Mister Tuff // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Mac Toon – these multiples are a scourge of the blog. Clearly the tools who have been found out as knackers who support Mr Tubbs – want to try and protect their pprior stupidity by inventing all these knobbers who appear on here to back up them/their messages. Complete tossers.

• 29 WWSBRD // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Perform like that and lose would normally be alright unless ur in dire need of points which we are so unfortunately not good enough NUFC now get some players in who will win us games

We need to stop conceding and start scoring plenty of ways to do it so pull ur finger and get it done or start preparing for the championship

• 30 geordieboy83 // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Proud of the lads today 3 points are 3 points granted, but if you see glimpses of quality on your team it gives a bit of belief that things will turn round. Don’t think smac is the answer tbh but I would like him to have the chance to build his squad over these 3 windows. If he goes back and starts saying he’s happy with the squad then I’ll start losing my rag a little bit

• 31 MacToon // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:06 PM

I know Mr T, the main reason I have little time to post on here tbh which is a shame as there are still a handful of honest and decent posters on here.

• 32 Jack Root // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:08 PM

So it’s no welcome wagon from you. Given our perilous position I thought I would behave like a fan. What about yeez..
    Wey aye, man.

• 33 bladeuser // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:10 PM

U r obviously one of those mugs who sit there like a zombie pay hundreds to watch paint dry while stuffing yourself with pies while the lager runs down your wonga top onto your bare arms in the freezing cold I can critisise who I want when I want it’s got sod all to do with u it’s a democratic blog I just don’t pander to all things black and white when mostly they would rub the mud off there boots onto your lager stained shirt and wouldn’t give u a second look
    SHEEP ? Out

• 34 OneAlanShearer // Jan 2, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Buy austin for pity sake and/or carroll.

Buy shelvey.

Buy redmond.

Buy Vestergaard.

Then we can stay up.

• 35 Harley // Jan 2, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Bladeuser OUT

• 36 Malta Mag // Jan 2, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Frustration overwhelms me at this time because we really should have won today. Ok Arsenal were without one or two but we did actually dictate the game for 80 minutes on their patch. Don’t start jumping all over Mitro because this kid needs time and he will score when the jigsaw is complete. When Tiote plays like that we don’t need two defensive midfielders and it’s time to bring Gini and Perez inside and give Thauvin his chance because he looks ready. Why McClaren didn’t bring on the subs earlier baffled me because with a heavy pitch it was surely worth even a “like for like” substitution (De Jong for Perez or Mbabu for Collback).
    If Ashley is as ambitious as he said in his last (only) interview then he needs 2-3 quality and more importantly proven Premier players otherwise we could seriously be struggling to stay in touch. Come on Mr Ashley, hands in pockets?

• 37 Moonraker15 // Jan 2, 2016 at 8:30 PM

SMc comments “We shall look at signings during January”
    WTF have they been doing if they haven’t an idea who they need to sign ffs?
    We punters might have different opinions of what’s needed, but surely a club of Newcastle’s stature has a freakin list of players who could improve the squad!
    They can’t all be working on the new badge design can they?
    There is something fundamentally wrong if they don’t have a list of “ins” ? I’m sure they have a list of “outs”
    Please get someone in fast ! By the end of January it could be too late! Grrrr frustrated every other club is committed to strengthening ! Why not us?

previous post: Newcastle Go Down Fighting But Miss Chances Again