The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

New Signing Tweets To Fans – We Will Keep Fighting

9:39 am, Sunday, January 3rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 17 Comments

Florian Thauvin has had a tough time of it since he arrived at Newcastle, but it seems that Steve McClaren has at least got all the players willing to fight for the side until the very end.

That´s even though we have been beaten by a late goal in each of our three holiday fixtures over the last eight days and they are really hard to take for the long-suffering fans of a club that finally seems to be in rapid decline this season.

Florian+Thauvin+fsljgicSvSQm

Florian Thauvin

It´s good to hear from Florian and that he´s being so positive when things are very very tough for all associated with the club.

Tags: Coaching · Florian Thauvin · Newcastle News · Tweet · Twitter

17 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:40 AM

And as Ron put it an actual good manager!

• 2 Nufc-83 // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:41 AM

Couple of points from me for what it’s worth:
    – can’t understand all the hate for Perez yesterday seen a lot of people saying he was useless etc. I thought apart from first 7 mins in which he didn’t track bellerin he was excellent. He used great strength to win the ball when he had no right on a number of occasions and looked calm in possession setting up the chance for gini. Not saying he is the answer at lw tho as need a proper winger out there.
    – Tiote yesterday reminded me how good the guy is and we desperately need him to maintain that putting a creative cm next to him such as shelvey would give us a complete set up with gini as cam.
    – I think that we will bring in st least 2 good players including a goal scorer ash won’t want to lose that tv money.
    – Thauvin continues to impress me when he gets on the pitch he even played cam yesterday and looked really good in possession. I see a lot of people slagging him but I feel we need to give him a run of games before judging him.
    – I have been to harsh on dummet as I say he is useless all the time but if we get an exciting winger next to him he will be ok to progress with for now due to how solid he is defensively.
    – CB is not a priority I see a lot of colo bashers (toonbrother opinion doesn’t count as he is clearly and idiot) but him and Mbemba overall have performed well and that wil see us through before bringing in a big strong CB to play alongside Mbemba to take the club forward.
    – I really think mitro is good and will be a top player but at this moment he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he’s only a kid. We desperately need a proven goal scorer who can finish (cisse not the answer as he cant finish when he had time to think and is purely instinctive, we need someone with both abilities).
    – colback has been utter garbage when used as a dm only yet looked a lot better when you let him get box to box… Still needs replacing with a shelvey though.

• 3 Nufc-83 // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Sorry for spelling and grammar as usual on a phone with auto correct and can never be bothered reading back 🙂

• 4 firebug666 // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM

Nufc-83

Don’t worry about spelling and grammar, Jib’s not here yet!

I agree, Perez was given a job of tracking back, McClaren is trying to turn him into another Gouffran. Did you also notice he was not taking on defenders but holding play up and passing inside.

He is being coached out of his abilities, It not that he is off the boil, he is doing what he has been told to do.

• 5 lesh // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM

NUFC

Why the ‘hate’ for Perez? Because some of our posters must have a scapegoat, a target for their bile.

Perez isn’t the problem, it’s their minds at fault!

• 6 Ron Knee // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Stirring stuff from the True Geordie:

• 7 Jib // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Lesh @5
    How right you are.

NUFC-83
    For the first time in ages I can truthfully say there is not a team in the Prem I fear NUFC playing.
    I am totally confident that with an addition or two and some tweaking this squad of players is more than capable of going on a season saving winning run.

• 8 cyprus // Jan 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM

I like that true Geordie. Though… we were unlucky 😉

• 9 Lilongwe Geordie // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Decent performance yesterday, if they had put in that sort of showing at West Brom or against Villa we would have won comfortably. We have done okay against the big sides for the last few years, partly the players lift their game (poor attitude) and partly because our set up is suited to playing teams who play high up the park and play football.

Tiote did well yesterday, was my MotM. If we can get him fit and performing like that consistently then we can dispense of the notion of playing 2 DM’s. Colback isn’t good enough to be a regular starter, and neither is Anita in the role required. Both should be no more than back up at this stage. A dominant central midfielder who can pick a pass and put his foot in is required now. Gini was much improved playing centrally, just his finishing let him down on a couple of occasions.

Sissoko put in a decent showing, no rap surprise there, hoping someone will snap him up. Sorry lad, far more needed then that to play at the top level. Perez gave us the same issues as Gini out wide, always took too many touches, and wanted to use his right. Get Thauvin in and give him a run in the side. Time for him to sink or swim.

Mitro needs a goal. Missed a couple of decent opportunities yesterday, but the best chances didn’t fall to him, shame it was him rolling it back to Colback rather than the other way round when Colback just dinked it straight into Cech’s arms.

I agree we need a striker, but Austin, Dost etc aren’t the answer. They need the exact same service that we are failing to give to Mitro. I said in the summer we needed a quicker forward who could also play slightly wider giving us options. Still feel that is what we need. Berahinho – although his attitude isn’t great – Batshuayi – although unproven in the Prem – are both options.

Not sure we should be after Remy, I seem to remember he came out and straight up said he refused to play in our final game of the season against Liverpool. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near a club in a relegation battle, his attitude stinks.

A Shane Long type is probably the ideal solution, but I doubt he would join us from the Saints at the moment.

The fact we are in this perilous position and now are unlikely to be able to land our ‘3 window’ targets is exactly the reason we needed to do more in the summer.

• 10 Lilongwe Geordie // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:04 AM

no rap surprise??? *no real surprise…

Not even sure I can blame predictive for that, just fat fingers…

• 11 John Tudor // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:05 AM

home and hosed

• 12 Lilongwe Geordie // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Having said that, Arsenal were poor and looked lacklustre and tired. I’m not sure why they were so happy for us to slow down the tempo so much by letting us keep the ball at the back. It frustrated their fans, and took any edge out of their play following a strong start by them.

• 13 hibbitt // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:11 AM

if we can not score we can not win its happened in the last 3 games easy chances missed ……………..perez had a job to do yesterday arsenal away is a hard game for any team yet we held arsenal limited there chances and controlled large parts of the game but did not take our chances 2 of which were sitters our finishing is so poor you have to score to win no goals no win

• 14 Malta Mag // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:12 AM

The Sunderland game is still being planned for Saturday the 19th March? Has anyone got any inside info on whether the game will be re scheduled for the Sunday? I’m planning my 3rd of 4 trips back home from here “on the rock” to see the lads and trying to find suitable flights? Surely it won’t remain on Saturday at 3:00pm?
    Any help would be appreciated.

• 15 Jib // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:18 AM

• 16 nufc 11 // Jan 3, 2016 at 10:34 AM

We should go for Remy on loan and Townsend too and shelvey for 10/12million if we can

• 17 Geordie-john // Jan 3, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Are we back to this again ? Although Stevie boy ( The smiling smoggy ) wasn’t my first choice it looks like he is here for the duration. So get behind the players, Stop slating them. Ayoze Peres is one of the best young players NUFC has had through its doors for a long time. You never hear anything negative from him only I will try my best and he always Thanks the fans . Is that not enough from one player. The problem is at the top and unless he is just wobbling his gums he is saying everything correct lately.
    My opinion, We need Charlie Austin to score goals and help bring on the newer players. We need a centre back to help shore up the defence but most of all we need togetherness from all sides every game and it will happen.
    So to the fans that like a drink before the match, Have one less or one more than usual so you are unable to speak your usual rubbish. Give the lads a chance.
    There is nothing worse than someone screaming at you that you are shite when you are trying to do your job.

previous post: Nightmare Continues – Worst Season Ever In Premier League