The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Linked With French Central Midfielder

9:44 am, Thursday, January 7th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 174 Comments

French daily L’Equipe is reporting today that Newcastle are one of the clubs interested in Abdoulaye Doucoure of Stade Rennais (Rennes)  who plays in central midfield.

We were reported interested in the 23 year-old last summer, so it’s not too surprising we are again being linked with the 6 ft tall youngster – who has played for all the French youth sides.

Abdoulaye Doucoure

Abdoulaye Doucoure – Newcastle interested

Leicester and Watford are the two other Premier League clubs who have made an approach for the player.

Watford already made an offer of just over £7M last summer towards the end of August, but the deal did not go through.

Surprisingly both Watford and Leicester are doing much better than Newcastle this season with Leicester in 2nd place and Watford in 9th place in the Premier League.

Newcastle are currently 18th with a measly 17 points and we have lost to both Leicester and Watford at home this season.

Abdoulaye has scored 3 goals in 15 appearances for the Ligue 1 side, and he’s been at the club for the last nine years.

And Rennes are doing quite well this season and are in 7th place in the French League.

Doucoure is good in both attacking and defensive roles as a central midfielder, but this season he has played in more of an attacking role for his club.

He made his debut in Ligue 1 back in the 2012/2013 season and so far has played 87 times for Rennes with 16 goals and 15 assists and his contract in France still has 18 months to run.

Watford appear to be in the lead for the youngster’s signature this month.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Watford?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

174 responses so far ↓

• 1 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 7, 2016 at 9:47 AM

There’s a shock. An untested french player. Never saw that coming

• 2 jazzyp // Jan 7, 2016 at 9:47 AM

Groundhog Day again

• 3 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 9:48 AM

not another cheap french option
    why no italian portuguese greek swiss british crap

• 4 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 9:48 AM

why no nothing
    fb oot

• 5 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 9:53 AM

penfold quote
    we are working hard behind the scenes
    but the coffee machine is ferkt

• 6 Slank // Jan 7, 2016 at 9:53 AM

I think anything that the French daily L’Equipe writes about us has to be taken with a large pinch of salt given yesterday’s announcement of us putting in a bid for Lacazette.

• 7 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:03 AM

I’ve said all I want to say on the subject, 4 days now you’ve been going round in circles with everyone. When you look at the accounts then come and have a constructive conversation, until then I see no point in debating with someone who clearly knows FA about what he perceives to be right.

The best starting point is for you to look at 2005/06 accounts and make your way through to now.

I’ll even make it easier for you and do this in steps. You get the accounts, I’ll happily discuss each year with you, either on the blog or in person!!

• 8 Rotonda heights // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM

I’m sure penfold has the top LB, CB, creative midfielder and fleet footed skilful goal scorer all lined up for …..2018

I know ash knows nada about football but surely occasionally even he must ask himself why he continuously employs such chumps. There seems to be no price to pay for failure at NUFC. No one seems to be accountable.

Has jib finally been banned? No doubt he’ll create more multiples.

• 9 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM

My point? Surely its obvious by now? Folk use the advertising issue as the big stick to beat Ashley with. It’s small beer. It’s more than offset by the interest free loan. People who hate Ashley have their minds made up. He’s the devil. Everyyhing he does is evil.

Look at Croftus’ link. Nobody wants even to look and discuss. Why would they when their minds are made up?

• 10 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Nobody even gives credit for the interest free loan or the financial strength he brings to the club. Some deny it’s interest free. They happily describe the advertising as free advertising but deny the interest free loan is interest free. Because Ashley is the devil.

• 11 The overrated Frenchman // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Why do people care about this transfer window? We are not going to rescue this shipwreck. Yeah, I’m bitter, cynical, and inured to the painful experience of following this club. I only post here to vent my anger and frustration somewhere. Still, my irritability keeps me alive and kicking…

• 12 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:18 AM

When I think badly of Ashley I think back to the grim years of McKeag and Westwood, Mr Tuff will remember and time spent in the old division two. That was mediocrity existing under a small minded local businessman. Mr Tuff will remember only the blip of the Fairs Cup, 1969 to show. After the terrific nineties and the Indian summer of Bobby R (who arrived too late)MA inherited a rotten hulk of over priced prima donnas. Releagation was a blessing, a clearing out of the underperforming Allardyce signings and a return to the top flight.
    Know chairman/ owner could turn down the ridiculous offer for AC though it probably cost us four places in the PL
    Ashley is not a guy I would want to drink with being not too keen on flash night club inhabitants who sell trainers but he was and is the man trying to put the club back on a sound footing. On that count be careful what you wish for as we could end up with another Fat Freddy who took so much money out of the club. Would you be happy with a sheik or a far eastern capitalist mired in corruption. The consistently successful outfits since the PL started have built from the bottom up with a great crop of very young players. Now there’s a model to emulate. From where I stand that’s what MA/AP were trying to do. I would rather be at SJP than Elland Road or Fratton Park.

To those expressing rage and incoherant abuse I say get a life. Enjoy the football and along with Tuff as I have done for 60 years, often elated and disappointed but supporting the hometown club

• 13 bladeuser // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:18 AM

even our transfer activity Lol has everybody laughing and taking the p@@@.joke club relegation a near cert
    SHEEP ? Out

• 14 Jib // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I think what may strengthen The Toon’s hand in negotiations with French clubs , is the fact we have French players out of favour who can be part exed back to Ligue 1 a la Cabella

I see the Nantes media (Nantes want to buy Gouffran) are still sure we will get Lacazette.

Yoo hoo pet

You are starting to get it !
    Smelling the coffee at last ?

• 15 reilly // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:21 AM

blackley im not roy cropper.
    i was 1 who wanted you to be aloud back on just because i knew it would piss troy off,i even asked dave to let you back,but he knew you would still go on and on and on,bit like know.

• 16 reilly // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM

• 17 Slank // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Blackley and Brownlie

Regards Advertising and the Loan.

The loan is the only known amount.

The savings to the club because the loan does not incur commercial interest is not (as far as I am aware) quoted in the accounts of Newcastle United

The advertising or more correctly the revenue lost because the club do not receive money from SD for advertising their brand is subjective. Its subjective because the value is not (as far as I am aware) quoted in the accounts of either SD or Newcastle United.

So to my mind it’s almost a pointless subject.

A more interesting and related question is whether Emirates pay Arsenal to advertise at the Emirates Stadium and whether Etihad pay Man City to advertise at the Etihad Stadium ?

• 18 Jib // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Clever boy Reilly – give yourself a goldstar and you can sit by teacher all morning.

• 19 reilly // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:26 AM

i thought you would be a bit more humble after your carry on yesterday,rascist scumbag.

• 20 Jib // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:29 AM

The Emirates had an all embracing deal which involved the building of the stadium (the sale of Highbury had a shortfall) and the shirts etc. etc.

Etihad and involvement wih Man City is still ongoing and is a really tangled web (don’t be surprised if Pelligrini manages the Quataris when he leaves to be replaced by Guardiola)

• 21 Slank // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Carl @ 12

I think many bloggers were not around to suffer the grim years of McKeag and Westwood and so they cannot put into perspective today to what it was in the past.

In the past it was truly grim. Then there was no sunlight only dark clouds. Today we have sunlight but with clouds.

• 22 Jib // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:31 AM

I’m no rascist.
    However I may be a scumbag.

• 23 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM

Never noticed or seen this player. Said before, im not sure ligue 1 is the place to sign too many cheap players from. I like the links to mowatt and Byram. Pretty sure the club have their eye on Denis Praet from Anderlecht but lets be honest, who would really be shocked if we signed no one

• 24 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM

G’morning guys!!

• 25 expatmag // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:34 AM

You got banned for being an offensive boring lying tosser.

I see you have not learned your lesson yet.

• 26 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Unlike the Shepherds and Halls hasn’t paid himself a bean.” Mike Ashley issuing a club statement in May 2011.

“In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club.”

• 27 Jib // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Remember when the season was over by October ?
    You’d go to SJP on a Wednesday evening floodlit match against another crap side like West Ham and there’d be about 20,000 there bored out of their minds.

• 28 Slank // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:37 AM

What I don’t know (and does anyone) is the specific arrangements between Emirates and Arsenal with regards to the ongoing advertising of the airline. I very much doubt Emirates pay Arsenal to advertise their airline. It’s probably been packaged up in the initial deal to build the stadium.

• 29 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:38 AM

I think I prefer your Aussie bragging before we stuffed you in the cricket. Are you the same age as Mr Tuff you should know better.

• 30 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM

So we are making progress.

• 31 expatmag // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM

You got the wrong bloke mate. I dont even like cricket. And who is this Tuff bloke you refer to?

• 32 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:40 AM

I give up. You can’t answer a simple question. Please stop bigging yourself up that you know more so you’re right.

I’ve said we seem to agree on the figures you quote. This is simply a point of logic. You say look st the accounts from then till now. What have years of accounts got to do with the simple question of why you consider Ashley’s lack of due diligence was detrimental in any way to the club, never mind so seriously detrimental such that he’s not a fit and proper person as your misleading article implies? I only seem to be arguing this point with you. Everyone else has backed off. Posada has come on and I’ve agreed everything he says. It contradicts you.

• 33 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM

?? I loved those European nights.

• 34 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM

How do chaps and chapesses, haven’t been on the blog for a while due to health issues and whatnot so lets get a few things out of the way.
    Merry Christmas (or whatever your holiday celebration is) and a happy New Year to all. Hope you all got what you wanted and wanted what you got on 25/12 and may 2016 bring you more success and happiness than 2015 did.
    Been doing a bit of speed reading to catch up and it looks like some things stay the same ie someone posts a comment that has nothing to do with the current post, others jump in and carry the ‘heated discussion’ on for about 3-4 posts and all of a sudden, someone posts a relevant football related comment and its passed over for about a dozen comments then someone picks up on it. Oh the never ending soap opera that is NUFC, I LOVE it :D.

So, with that out of the way, how is everyone?

• 35 Slank // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Jib @ 27

‘..Remember when the season was over by October ?..’

Sadly only too well. Standing in the rain, wanting to go to the loo but fearful of the third world conditions I would find in the club’s ‘amenities’.

• 36 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Boring perhaps. But offensive or lying? You can’t say something like that without something to back it up. I won’t hold my breath.

• 37 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:45 AM

I remember the pre Hall crowds of sodden football paper beneath your feet.

• 38 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

People are free to post on what they like and ignore what they like.

• 39 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Expat – We all remember you mate and your bragging.

• 40 Slank // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Carl @ 30

‘So we are making progress. ‘

I would say so only because I have a long and tortured memory but I did see us win our last trophy which is probably more than many bloggers can say.

• 41 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Slank @28
    I was around in Westwood days. I agree.

• 42 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:51 AM

sick of all the backbiting, one upmanship, holier than thou,name calling, moronic childish behavior my club is in tatters through miss management at the very top
    you lot can only agree to disagree for that reason im out

• 43 Slank // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Can you remember the steam rising from the crowd on cold days ?

I bet Scottish and Newcastle didn’t advertise the fact about how useful their empty Brown Ale bottles were at football matches !

• 44 expatmag // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:54 AM

evidence of the phantom season ticket springs to mind immediately.

Wait till the next time you lot are playing for the Ashes in Oz.

• 45 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Slank @17. Thwectrouble is it’s used by so many yo beat Ashley with. It’s been inflated by some to £15m a season. All I say to folk is look at Croftus’ link of EPL clubs finances. It’s a good basis for arguing about the rough value. From my brief look, it suggests the figures put forward by Ashley’s detractors are highly exaggerated.

• 46 belgrade fan // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I think Ash finally give up with us. When he saw that even pumping 52M is not enough even us to stay out of the bottom 3, he gave up and doesn’t want to spend 1M on us any more. This is going to be one very very bad tr window

• 47 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:57 AM

Give owner, man! Happy days. We thought we had an upgrade with a portokabin.

• 48 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Very true Blackey.

Getting back to Doucoure, IMO he maybe a good summer signing, to be honest I don’t know anything about him. But as for a signing now we need either PL experience or pure class. With that in mind, as a total left field suggestion, why not go for Ronhaldinio? Yes he’s 35, yes his wages will be ridiculous BUT, he is a free agent and still way better than any player in a black & white shirt atm! So why not offer him the chance to finally play in the EPL with a 6 month contract? As for CB, is Vlaar still without a club? I haven’t heard his name mentioned since the summer and again, if he is still a freebie, offer him a 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension if we stay up?

• 49 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jan 7, 2016 at 10:59 AM

So, Watford? How lucky are we in cup competitions lol. At least we SHOULD see Mbabu, really excited for him.

• 50 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Expat @44. You call someone a lying boring, offensive tosser. Because according to you i can’t produce a season ticket. I even said on this blog I would meet you for the chelsea game and told you on the blog where I was. No answer. No show.

You even accused me of lying because I used the same words ascused by some ausdie commentator to describe what makro was doing. Ergo i couldn’t have been at the match. You couldn’t make it up. And you call me offensive after that abuse that you I called you out on. Successfully.

• 51 carl // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Milk of Amnesia especially in the Gallowgate end. Sad day when in closed in 2005.

• 52 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM

To be honest, are you not sick of players who “might be good enough”? It’s too much of a risk in the position we now find ourselves in. We need premier league proven players who guarantee to be good enough to pull us out of this mess… A la Shelvey etc…

• 53 NezzaNUFC // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Silent quotes in the business world.

You buy to sell! And I don’t mean player purchases either.

If no one is signed this window to strengthen our squad then I believe Mike want us down to sell, even in the Championship Mike can still make a profit from the club wether it’s selling the club itself or the players within.

Both would be accountable in my view and which needs to be noticed.

• 54 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:10 AM

spot on nezza

• 55 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Yep, sick to the back teeth of ‘this player will be brilliant, world class in 2-3 years time’. That’s all well and good but we need to have players who are AT LEAST mid table quality now! Yes, like shelvey, no argument there, and I would be okay with a few ‘hot prospects’ sprinkled in with some proven PL players.

• 56 Ian Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Remembering , from my exile in the north east, for very different reasons are the Keegan/ Shearer era and Sir Bobby who did join too late. However there is a testament to him in the amazing facility at the Freeman Hospital. There will be no lasting testament for Ashley.

• 57 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM

AFC Wimbledon shock Newcastle in The FA Youth Cup

• 58 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM

utter pap

• 59 croftus5678 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:15 AM

i’d rather have saviet than this guy tbh but saying that i dont really see the need for saviet either !

bas dost though !
    he was a striker i really liked when linked with him before but in honesty i rated mitrovic a hell of a lot higher as did a lot of fans on this blog.

• 60 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:15 AM

This might be a daft question but being exiled down South I’m a bit out of touch. Do any of our scouts watch PL players or do they just sit and watch MOTD and take notes and hope they don’t get found out?

• 61 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:17 AM

All you do is avoid the question. I’ll ask you again, get the account dating back to 2006/7 season and let’s discuss. It’s not difficult for you to do is it?

Why does nufc pay Sports direct to house merchandise yet sports direct pays nufc nothing for advertising?

That’s another question you’ve blatantly dodged. You always come back with questions and no substance in your vague answers, then hide behind questions of your own. When people answer them questions you find another question or claim it’s not been answered.

Are you willing to sit down and discuss the accounts, back up what you say or are you just going to keep using misdirection and excuses for not doing so?

I don’t think you will want to discuss something you can’t understand, hence the bs answers you give which have zero substance or facts behind them

• 62 nut meg // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Here’s a video of Abdoulaye Doucoure,gives a idea of what he’s like.

• 63 firebug666 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:22 AM

The club uses Wyscout software mate, the inept one told us that, they don’t even have to leave the building to do their scouting, as Wyscout gives them up to the minute information on any player in the world….According to the inept one!

• 64 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:24 AM

free trail then multiple accounts
    way to go penfold

• 65 jazzyp // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Come on man…Saivet is not going to enhance this squad in the slightest.He’s more injury prone than Sdj, offers very little going forward, Hardly scores
    Sounds like most of the midfield we already have at the club lol !!

• 66 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM

You appear dedperate to get off thevsubject of due diligence which is what we’ve been talking about all along. Not leases. Or internal merchandising arrangements. Dur diligence. If the loss is dolely Ashley’s, what possible telwvance do the accounts have. You’ve got them. I’m on my mobike. You refer to one item or whatever. Explain the relevance to lack of DD and let’s go from there. Look at what Posafa is saying. I was a shareholder too. I made a tidy profit buying and selling NUFC shares. I know something about it.

• 67 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM

I agree wholeheartedly, for some reason the club has never balanced the signings. We would be in a much better position right now had we done this, rather then just signing players that “might be good enough”.

• 68 expatmag // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Rubbish… arrangement was made for me to meet you before the Chelsea game. I had other arrangements that day anyway as I was only in the UK for a short time.

The fact remains your reputation has been enhanced on here as being unreliable and borne from the facts especially in recent times that you bore the pants off most people with your bombastic attitude and total inability to see other points of view.

Thats my last word on the matter.

• 69 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM

What happened to old fashioned scouting? My youngest bairn plays for North Shields U16’s playing the likes of Wallsend Boyza, Newcastle Juniors and Morpeth and he rarely mentions anyone of the lads being approached by any scouts. The last two teams he did mention were the Mackems two years ago and Hartlepool this year!

• 70 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Good that you made money from it, that’s what happens when a company floated on the stock exchange gets bought out.

Nice answer of the question which as predicted you’d avoid.

Due diligence, what do you need to know about it mate. Hidden debts, which apparently amassed 100m. Tell me, if someone does due diligence properly would they know whether the club they are buying own the stadium?

Deals such as Owen and Luque which were still being paid off monthly as installments. Loan on stadium bit he should already have know he’d have to pay that back as the halls were selling to him.

What else do you want to know whilst you avoid the question asked of you 🙂

• 71 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:38 AM

wyscout software? Did someone club related say that’s how they scout? Bit moneyball esque to buy players based on attributes and stats rather than if they fit the team.
    Stan Collymore, as much as I can’t stand him was talking about Watford and made a lot of sense. He was saying Watford are doing well as they have focused on players that will fit with the players they have rather than just buying good players for the position needed. because of that partnerships have been formed between the players all over the pitch, the two strikers who compliment eachother aswell as the full backs and wide midfielders etc
    If you look at the Newcastle side, very few players seem to compliment each other. Dummett and Gini have zero link up on the left as dummet never goes forward, sissoko and janmaat do slightly but it doesn’t look natural. Mbemba and Colo don’t really compliment eachother, Mitrovic looks like he would benefit playing alongside a striker that runs beyond him, his flick ons and knock downs are good but we don’t have a player like that. Colback, Anita and Tiote all play a very similar role and don’t really compliment each other because they have similar strengths and weaknesses.
    The scouting and people buying the players should be really held more accountable as they’ve created a team that looks great on paper, with individual talents but its not really a team. No one really suits playing alongside eachother. Compare this to a Watford or West ham (sides that have similar or less budget to us) where there is strong partnerships all over the pitch and to me it really explains why we are a team with so much talent that’s still in the bottom 3

• 72 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Blackley is Toon Darn Sarf. I called it when he first came on the blog but then changed his tact. Bided his time and has returned to very same arguments as back then.

When apparently wanting to sell the club the reason he was asking for the daft amount was all down to him paying over the odds and serving the debts. It’s open information out in the public domain…..come on, get off your backside and go get it!!

• 73 croftus5678 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:41 AM

@65 jazzy

i’ll be honest i’ve not taken note of his injuries tbh.

and i do agree he’s avg but unlike what i believe you expect of him his best position is either dm or cm and not the winger i think many see him as or even creative midfielder tbh !

i would rate him as slightly better than colback or anita at dm but i’d rate tiote as better than him if we do not count tiote’s cards.

either way i dont think we need either of these players tbh we need a striker who can put his chances away a cb and a lb imo and play 5-3-2 with siss/wij/tiote in cm and let janmaat and (willems) / hairdryer get the crosses in.

• 74 Mister Tuff // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Well what’s going on this morning on the football front —————-nowt I see.

I always wanted to see us win someone, having been a spectator when we won the Fairs Cup.
    Yesterday we hear that if Wally Blusterman wins something -the FA Cup. He’ll be rewarded with an 8 year contract (extension of 5 years on his present 3 year contract).
    I thought about this for a time -a cup success and Wally for a total of 8 years. After consideration I now take the position I do not want us to get on in the cup. In any event we’ll probably get knocked out anyway -despite Wally stating he’ll play a strong team.(yeh right).

• 75 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Saivet is made out of glass and ribbon. Hardly looks suited to the most physical league in the world and the most injury plagued club in that said league.
    If he stays fit he’s actually good enough for our 11. And he actually has a bit of leadership but seriously whats the point. He’ll play 15 games a season.
    If we Sign Saivet and Andy Carroll surely we’ll need to sign a new physio too.
    I bet Mike Ashley serves up those cheap broken biscuits too when he has people round for tea

• 76 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Reckon we’ll beat Watford if we play 8 of our first team. I’d probably bring in Thauvin, and no doubt Coloccini will miss it, always does.
    I’d take McClaren on an 8 year contract if it meant seeing the Toon win anything!!! I’m 31 and actually have a huge possibility i’ll go my whole life without seeing us lift a proper trophy… Also didn’t Ashley say he’d bugger off once we won a trophy?
    also… that contract will be loaded with so many get out clauses… Pardews was. The club could fire him everytime we missed out on top 10 with only 1 year pay, they just chose not to. McClarens contract will be no different

• 77 Rotonda heights // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM

wijni could do with watching that vid

• 78 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Like I said before, I cant understand why we’re not trying to sign proven players in this window. I mean, if Bournemouth can sign Iturbe and go in for El Shaaraway, why cant we go for the likes of Ronhaldinhio, Vlaar, Adebayor. Yes, they’re past their best and would want stupid wages but are all free agents, have PL experience( or are world class) and would all do a cracking job for the next 6 months. Failing that, why not put cheeky loan bids in for the likes of Mouthino, Kuyt, Nigel De Jong. I know we’ve all said it until we’re blue in the face but the possibilities are endless. If the board are out of ideas, all they have to do is log on to any nufc blog and they’d have a list for a full new team, and reserves and probably board members!

• 79 Rotonda heights // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:51 AM

i hear eva carneiro’s free

• 80 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Please. Another case of playing the man. I’m now an alias. To expat I’m a liar because I haven’t got a season ticket yet reckon I do. And because I described action on the field exactly the same way as a commentator, I could not have been at the game.

You clearly do not undetstand the fue diligence point. You certainly aren’t getting a grasp of what I’m saying. Look at what posada says. Or am I him too?

Posada or anyone. Please explain to ourtoon the issue of due diligence and why I am saying it had no detrimental affect on NUFC. Or please explain to me what ourtoon is on about. What has leases or internal arrangements with SD got to do with due diligence? Please confirm that this whole debate concerns due diligence and always has done. I despair.

• 81 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:53 AM

is Ashley facing up to the fact we are crap and wont spend a penny more

• 82 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:54 AM

@Rotonda – heard her court case is for reinstatement rather than compensation? Surely with Jose gone its made for her to go back to Chelsea?
    Wouldn’t be shocked if Newcastle don’t just send players to the local GP

• 83 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Blackley do you have any facts or proof that he did carry out due diligence? I’d like to hear or see it.

Our toon
    Do you kot undetstood. I’m saying he didn’t. You’re saying he didn’t. The issue is not whether he did or didn’t. It’s your claim that it had a detrimental affect.

All I’m asking is why in principle you say it did. The exact figures don’t matter. Just explain your reasoning please..

• 84 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Due Diligence..I think is basically the checks that are made by a potential buyer of something to make sure there are no hidden skeletons, a bit like a risk assessment. I could be wrong so don’t quote me

• 85 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:01 PM

No further questions, enjoy!! You can’t even answer a simple question or any question. I now see why others chose to ignore you….I’ll do the same.

• 86 Mister Tuff // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Not wanting to get involved in the current long standing (and now totally boring and off putting ) debate about Mr Tubbs and due diligence.
    Do folk really think that Mr Tubbs had bought the club and then AFTERWARDS – Sir John suddently chips in “oh by the way we owe X £ millions to the bank as well – forgot to mention it earlier”.
    Of course Mr Tubbs team knew the finances -that the club was mortaged up to the hilt (with Barclays I believe).
    That is my input -I will not be tempted or pushed to say more.

• 87 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:04 PM

whether he did or did not is immaterial now
    he has his bed he can lie in it and rot

• 88 croftus5678 // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:07 PM

@86 tuff

• 89 toon kk // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM

Our toon
    Why all the major concern about MA private financial affairs? It’s his club, so he’s within his rights to use it as he sees fit, of course he’s going to use it for his SD advertising. As long as he doesn’t mess with the club’s history is changing our b and w shirts or try f-ing around with the name of SJP. What our concern is him building a squad to compete in the premier league.
    What bugs me is why so many people happily pay to watch dross but and let Mash get away with his buy to sell regime.

• 90 reilly // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM

i thought the past few days were about the SD advertising,so now its about due diligence.
    it was common knowledge that as soon as sjh give up his stake in the club the mortgage had to be payed in full,i find it very hard to believe ashley and all his advisers didnt know this.
    but this is all old news and has been debated before.

• 91 headtheball // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon….No matter how good your reasoning, the bird is going to sh1t on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    Sound familiar?

• 92 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Everyman amd his dog can find out what loans are outstanding at each and every club, you don’t need to do due diligence to find that out as it’s openly available.

You do need to carry out due diligence to see what assets are owned by the very thing you are buying and what hidden debt they may have accrued over the years. Things like monthly payments for player fees, cars leased under hall and shepherd, loans owed to both of them from binding contracts that were drawn up etc etc.

The stadium loan was common knowledge it’ll have to be paid off in full, the issue i have with that is it would stand at around 10m now.

All this affects us in one way or another, the extra revenue we don’t spend on players, the cost of relegation etc etc has all amounted to and directly affected our capabilities both on and off the pitch. If you can’t maximise profits but sell yourself as a club that wants to run on the profits it makes then it’s going to have a direct affect not being able recoup anything for advertising yet paying that very company 3m or 4m for warehousing merchandise.

• 93 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Anyway enough of that dull stuff

Who will be the first signing? Anyone know?

• 94 Average_Contents // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Toon KK

Don’t you see it? Regarding the advertising?

Our inability to put out a decent premiership quality side is further hampered by the club receiving absolutely nothing for the thousands of free advertising hoardings currently being used by shite defect on a yearly basis.

Let’s say it was only £5m per year for all of it. That is £5m less that we can’t afford on player’s to try and improve the squad.

We’re told the club needs to wipe it’s own nose. Repeatedly. How can it when we’re not maximising our commercial income and basically being held back so the slug can peddle his cheap tat.

Obviously this is one reason why we can’t seem to assemble a decent team.

There are many other’s that I’m sure you’re aware of.

• 95 jazzyp // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Bilic ruling out the sale of Big Andy, Lacazette he say no, Marseille forward signs another 5 year contract, Austin looking like Palace, Shelvey preferring palace.
    Its as it stands not looking good chaps !!

• 96 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:25 PM

afternoon all,
    still nowt in the way of good transfer news,if they are really interested in the rennes lad they should think about a double deal for ntep as well….but as it seems unlikely things will happen i’ll leave that one as pie in the sky…….team for sat people?

• 97 jazzyp // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Please please don’t start it all again mate lol

• 98 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:28 PM

a beaten one

• 99 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:28 PM

not looking good at all….but we knew to expected this back in mid december…thats why we needed wins then

• 100 jazzyp // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:29 PM

I hope Collo doesn’t play cos Deeney destroyed him when we played at home this season.
    I know we all want a cup run but I would rest key players like Wini, Sissoko,Janmaat,Mbemba as PL survival is no1 priority now

• 101 Average_Contents // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Haha, I was typing mine as you typed your’s.

You just done it faster 😉

• 102 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Thank fcuk for Bilic. Andy Carroll is an injury prone one trick pony. Apart from that, the lanky string of wasted c@%k vomit is an arrogant tosser who thought he was the hardest bloke in Newcastle and felt he deserved anything he wanted, whenever he wanted it, just because he was on the books. Needless to say, I’m not a fan of his playing abilities and cant stand the bloke as a person. The only person I’ve ever bumped into that comes close to being as big an rsole as him was Keiren Dyer!! That’s my personal opinion anyway

• 103 Average_Contents // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Probably, I might add.

• 104 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:35 PM

jazzy p
    ya right about resting key players but a cup run would do us the world of good confidence wise but if this team is whats ganna be there after the transfer window then resting afew is the safe option…..but i would play mitro needs to play if nowt else to run off his misfortune in front of goal…and ya never know playing with thauvin and aarons(if they play) could give him something to thrive off……..crosses!

• 105 Average_Contents // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:36 PM

I’m getting the impression that you dislike big Andy somewhat.

So he thinks he’s a big time Charlie basically then?

• 106 toon kk // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Of course I see what Mash is doing, splattering all those tacky SD adverts all over SJP is a disgrace to look at never mind the extra money that could be generated if he or any other business payed for the space correctly, but it’s his club and he has a sports business and football helps advertise it. My concern is the welfare of our squad and why money isn’t either been spent wisely on players we need also why sell on value is costing us our premier league status, why always buy kids when experience is also needed.

• 107 hibbitt // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM

the only fact that matters to day …….NO new players have joined the club at this moment in time its the most important matter on most nufc fans minds this will decide our future

• 108 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM

That’s putting mildly! I know some footballers are, for the most part, arrogant by nature but him…… he took it to a whole new level.

• 109 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:40 PM

he should fit in lovely up here coz we’ve had a few just showing up for games thinking thats all they need to do….great term…big time charlies….used it a few times myself on here referring to our players!lol

• 110 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:42 PM

if things stay as is… players in or out… your opinion do we stay up?

• 111 toon kk // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Also do you really think Mash would spend 5mil generated through advertising on a player? I think we all know MA well enough to the answer to that.

• 112 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Springy @110

IMO I think we’ll manage to scrape a few extra points somehow , just as the teams around us tail off a wee bit, and I think we’ll finish 15/16th with what we’ve got now.

• 113 jazzyp // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:50 PM

I’d go for——————Darlow———————————-

• 114 reilly // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:52 PM

we have taken Swiss U21 international Albian Ajeti on trial with a view to a permanent deal.

• 115 croftus5678 // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:53 PM

we have made first signing.

Albian Ajeti

• 116 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Bild in Germany are reporting Granit Xhaka will cost any club 45m Euros… and arsenal and Liverpool are thinking of paying it… that’s Newcastle out on that one then

• 117 Pootle2118 // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Well….on that bombshell….I’m off to get fed and watered.

Catch you crazy kids later

• 118 toon kk // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Tbh we don’t usually have a very good second half to a season,our injuries mount up and we never have any consistency so without the right player’s coming in I think we’ll go down.
    Why do so many think a couple of games of better play we’re suddenly OK? We’re Not.

• 119 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:56 PM

@Reilly – really? Never seen him play but he’s come through at Basel, they tend to have a good youth set up. Remember a a while back Albania trying to call him up but think hes holding out for Switzerland?
    Any idea on what kind of player he is? I’ve only heard of him because of that

• 120 jazzyp // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:57 PM

We’ll probably offer 10 then and say we tried as the lacazette saga yesterday

• 121 bettyswallocks // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Blackley……… It’s been explained very clearly by Posada that the acquisition of our club was done in a fast,hostile ,determined way to own the majority of the shares thereby becoming the owner despite resistance.
    It wasn’t a purchase of a business done in a conventional way with due diligence and surveys etc.
    I personally think that the state of the clubs finances and the collapse of the banks and Ashley’s shares changed his course on owning the club as a rich mans toy to have some fun to where we are now.

• 122 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 12:58 PM

But what have we lost when you net off the interest free loan? Let’s go back to paying interest and start charging for advertising? We’d be worse off. Check out Croftus’ link.

• 123 reilly // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:01 PM

jay i dont know anything about the lad.

• 124 hibbitt // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:03 PM

springy…. we go down…. if you don’t score you cant win….. we someone who can put the ball in the net….this lot are gamblers and they might be prepared to risk not buying that’s my worry

• 125 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Our Toon
    One last try from me. I’ll take it to its simplest level. Suppose the seller of a car has never had it serviced and the engine’s ready to go. Bit the buyer who loves the look doesn’t get it checked out by the AA. The buyer overpays. How foes that detrimentally affect the car? The car was a dog before you bought it. Its condition has not changed because you bought it. It is exactly the same car before and after. What has its subsequent service history got to do with the fact that you overpaid for it. Due diliigence = AA. Car = NUFC. Subsequent service history = accounts to date. How has your bum deal detrimentally affected the car? The only person to suffer is Ashley = new owner of the car. You probably sing “we don’t care about Ashley …”

• 126 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Interest on the loans amounted to 6.5m which would have been reduced even further as most would have been paid off. Advertising revenues as of 2006/7 season…. £10.2m

The 26m that Croftus put up was from the 2013 season, Wonga was bought on board and also a new deal signed by puma which drove commercial revenue up.

• 127 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Are you are using a car analogy to put across a point of buying a multi million pound football club? Ahahaha

• 128 Wayayman // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Just wanted to add to the pot here re the advertising/interest free loan debate Blackley seems to be having -mostly with himself truth be told. Intrest-free loan to who exactly? It’s Ashley’s club, so is he loaning the money to himself?

• 129 croftus5678 // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM

@128 wayayman

we tried explaining that buddy but apparently if he uses an alternate name to own the club and different businesses they are not counted as being ashleys or something like that >.<

• 130 croftus5678 // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:24 PM

for anyone intrested this shows very little but atleast its something on the new trialist

• 131 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Yes. Keep the blinkers on. You clearly can’t even follow a car analogy. At least you make out not to be able to follow it or understand a word I’m saying.

• 132 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:29 PM

I remember a time when supporting NUFC was about football rather than accountancy

I take it the Lacazette news was rubbish in the end then? Or is the Lyon chairmen just a PR mouthpiece?

• 133 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:32 PM

he was quoted as saying newcastle was a place where french players go to die

• 134 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:33 PM

John Tudor
    Who was? Haha

• 135 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:35 PM

unless theres a dramatic turn in consistency my fear is we will not get out of it….its one hell of a gamble they are taking considering the money on offer to stay in premier league especially knowing how money motivated this lot are.

• 136 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Have we actually signed this Swiss player that was mentioned earlier?

• 137 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:37 PM

car cassette

• 138 dok - the horrid colonial // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:38 PM

gmorning all…

I see weve signed a grand total of no one….

• 139 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:38 PM

not yet we havent

• 140 AncientC // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:40 PM

How strange that the word ‘exiled’ is so misunderstood.

• 141 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:40 PM

@wwsbrd – apparently in France Newcastle bid for Lacazette, possibly even agreeing for 22m but he wouldn’t even enter talks because of our record with French players. Maybe he’s spoken to Yanga-Mbiwa? Or Cabella? Or Thauvin? Or Riviere? To be fair our list of successes to failures from Ligue 1 is slightly heavier on the failures…
    Interestingly, Ben Arfa and Gouffran played nearly the same amount of minutes (not games but minutes) exactly for Newcastle and posted very similar goal and assist records. (HBA scored and assisted more by 2 on both counts)
    Would have expected Ben Arfas output to have been far greater than Gouffs

• 142 dok - the horrid colonial // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:42 PM

“yet” is a relative term haha

• 143 BandB // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:42 PM

In the interests of blog sanity, I am declaring a winner of the week-long loan v advertising revenue debate.
    Well done Blackley.
    You bit down hard on this distraction topic, but I knew you couldn’t resist.
    That’s a whole week of prepping on how Old Man Carr and Makro are letting Ashley down in the transfer window you’ve blown.
    But so many new friends made…….
    You are a good talker lad, but you are a babe in arms at the dark arts of spin :).

• 144 Tsunki // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:42 PM

First, in what world is a multi million pound purchase of a business, by whatever route, not handled by corporate lawyers who are liable for any mistakes they do in their legal searches? it’s unconscionable that due diligence was never carried through. It makes me laugh when I see this idea that it was somehow spring on Mike that he’d bought London Bridge and not Tower Bridge. Mike was informed and knowing of all risks and THEN concluded his business.

• 145 Our Toon // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Januzaj has returned to man utd….worth a loan deal? I’d take a punt on him

• 146 bettyswallocks // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM

The juggling of the clubs finances, debt repayment, advertising income or lack thereof and the cock up with the due dilligence all belong to Ashley and he is entitled to handle all of that stuff as he sees fit. His investment in the team to accrue more debt would not Appeal to Ashley.

As I said earlier Ashley’s initial intentions must have been affected by the collapse of the banks and his share values plummeting. Also with the realisation that a football club is a very, very, rich mans toy and trying to compete financially with sovereign states and Russian mega billionaires when things weren’t as healthy as before didn’t
    Obviously appeal to wor Mike.

However after 8 yrs of gambling with our clubs PL status and giving us nothing to cheer about on the pitch, the club is now in a very healthy financial position as is Ashley on a personal level , so we have every right to expect continued investment in the team and every right to demand we compete as a sporting institution , as Ashley promised we were going to do.

• 147 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:46 PM

also according to Chronicle, Wissam Ben Yedder has started following half the toon team on twitter ie: Aarons, arma etc
    Now for me, this would be a very Newcastle signing. He’s quick granted but he is Riviere all over again potentially

• 148 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Haha where French players go to die haha I like that though I don’t think many good players “died” here

Seems very amateur to get to the discussions stage without knowing the player was willing to join us though…are we really THAT much of a Mickey Mouse club Christ

Peoples favourite HBA on par with worthless Goofy? Tbf Benny was mostly a nearly man with us and goofy had a golden patch when he first signed so doesn’t surprise me they aren’t that far apart in stats

• 149 Rotonda heights // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:51 PM

is no one a new creative midfielder

• 150 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Problem Lacazette has is hes already on the cusp of being in or out of the French squad. If they name 4 strikers for the euro’s he’s probably about 4th choice at the moment and runs the risk of missing out if they fix things with Benzema. A January move is probably not in his interest. A January move to Newcastle, struggling at the wrong end of the table, with a mixed record in ligue 1 imports (worth remembering MYM and cabella were huge stars in france when we signed them) surely is not in his interest.

• 151 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Is Ben Yedder not the dogs hind parts? Thought he was a big name in Frence?

• 152 AncientC // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:53 PM

I would like to know if Blackley believes the story in regards to Mike Ashley when it comes to the ‘due dilligence’ or lack thereof.

I only ask, because in the past, Blackley suggested to other fans that it would be a waste of time pushing Ashley to sell the club, as a buyer would not be forthcoming etc. I posted a direct quote from Mike Ashley stating the club was not for sale at any price, which Blackley immediately dismissed as he did not find Mike Ashley trustworthy enough with the truth.

• 153 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM

@wwsbrd – he was good last season to be fair. Seems to be pretty average this year. Hes fairly quick, and fairly tricky.Can play in a few positions too! Bit lightweight.
    For me he hasn’t progressed massively, hes the same ability now as when he was 22, seems to have stagnated.
    Maybe just needs a move? He is pretty quick which might help him adapt quickly. Be a cheaper option than Rolan at Bordeaux

• 154 dok - the horrid colonial // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM

spat coffee at that, shame on you 🙂

• 155 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM

ashley diligently thought
    yes i can make money from these mugs
    not the sd ones

• 156 BandB // Jan 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM

As Slank and Carl were saying earlier, supporting Newcastle was never about glory and glamour.
    Eee, I remember the days when you couldn’t even see the pitch for a pee-green mist.
    Thank God those grim days have gone. But we were ‘appy.
    I suppose the point is we’ve always been a small club in most of our life times.
    Historically, it could be argued we are doing better now than we’ve any right to expect.
    Thank the lord for small mercies, eh?

• 157 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM

We only ever seem to sign players that are on the books of Mondial Sports so my guess will be any signings will be already with them! Narrows down the rumours

• 158 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:02 PM

and the smell of the hops and the stalls

• 159 John Tudor // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:04 PM

has the spiv flash harry got none we could get

• 160 AncientC // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:08 PM

Mike Ashley “We first heard about the potential sale on a Saturday and had done the deal by the Wednesday, so if you are asking if we did due diligence before buying then the answer has to be no.”

It truly makes you wonder what the attraction to Rangers was.

• 161 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM

percy just shot down the austin to palace rumours pretty strongly so expect another article from ed about his favourite story!lol

• 162 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Sounds a very Newcastle signing, Uve convinced me he’s our next underwhelming Frenchman to sign…is he French?

• 163 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:11 PM

@wwsbrd – Not only is he French! But he’s lightweight enough to be blown over by a moderate north sea breeze.

• 164 Tsunki // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:12 PM

That’s where Blackley resides, I fear. Ashley is better the devil we are owned by because we ‘ave ‘ad worse, by gum we ‘ave!

Nufc was never Mike’s toy. He bought it because it was part of his continuing vision. The loan is basically a rationalising of the debt he bought so that he could control / eliminate the interest. it’s not a favour, it’s accounting expediency. It has turned out as he wanted, the business is stable, the ins and outs balance, so no more needs to be done than keep the ship steady.

Blackley says this equates to Mike being a benefactor who will ensure our continuing survival. So he doesn’t need to charge SD for advertising, and nufc can afford the merchandising stranglehold.

• 165 toon kk // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:12 PM

People get too sucked into MA financial affairs with the club, there’s money available if he wanted it to be. But like SD he runs us as a money making business where profits come first, to maximise his profit he likes to gamble.
    Without serious investment it may be one gamble too many.

• 166 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Oh u know all the right things to say haha

• 167 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Wait does he have attitude problems? If so am getting him on the back of my shirt now to avoid the rush

• 168 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Actually, Newcastles dealing with Mondial is unreal.
    Currently with them is Mitrovic, Thauvin, Sissoko, Riviere, Mbemba, Haidara and Cabella. In the past Yanga-Mbiwa and Hatem Ben Arfa were on their books when they signed for Newcastle…..
    Gotta be something slightly underhand there

• 169 jayphoto // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM

@WWSBRD – actually think hes alright attitude wise. Never seen anything said about him particularly to suggest otherwise. Him and Riviere have played up front together too. Could be a dream partnership

• 170 SPRINGY // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM

lyon president reckons they knocked the 18m bid from newcastle due to there new plan to be best team in france and lacazette is a major part of it……apparently!

• 171 WWSBRD // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Short order cancelled then

Christ if we are aiming for any partnership that contains Rivi I think I may be done with football

• 172 lesh // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:24 PM

Way off thread but somebody posted yesterday and suggested that Ashley may have designs on owning the leasehold or even freehold of the SJP site, which is owned by the Freemen of Newcastle upon Tyne and leased by the Club which is owned by Ashley.

Daft? Not as daft as it might seem.

We know that Ashley’s been buying high-value property and his portfolio is growing. Why property? It’ll provide him with a long-term safe investment which is increasing in value over time – especially plum city-centre sites.

We know that Ashley’s moral code is virtually non-existent and he’s ruthless caring nothing about tradition or local pride – everything he does revolves around money and his insatiable thirst for more.

Would the SJP site be worth owning? Ask any property developer or investment fund.

As we know, football and its followers mean nothing to Ashley and he’d think it adequate compensation for developing the SJP site and building an out of town stadium on land owned by him.

Football and the success of Newcastle United as a football club means nothing to him and his allegiance to Newcastle upon Tyne is nil.

Don’t write off the possibility, be prepared for the bombshell – in time.

• 173 AncientC // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:27 PM

“People get too sucked into MA financial affairs with the club”

Mike Ashley isn’t going to be around forever, what kind of legacy do you think he is going to leave behind, when he gives club revenue streams away freely.

• 174 lesh // Jan 7, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Something fishy in the club dealings with Mondial?

Never! It’s only a cynic would even consider the thought that there might be some commission to be earned by Carr. Never!

previous post: Newcastle In For This Top Championship Defender?

next post: Newcastle Line Up Young Striker For The Summer