The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Some Good News For Newcastle – Striker Back Next Week

5:31 pm, Friday, January 8th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 106 Comments

Steve McClaren held his news conference today and he was completely and utterly tight-lipped on the transfer market and wouldn’t even say which positions need to be strengthened this month.

There’s nothing wrong with being secretive on the transfer front and there’s certainly no way that Steve should mention the players we should be after – but he may be overdoing it just a little bit.

Papiss Cisse – could be back in training next week

There was some good news on Papiss Cisse – and the last we heard he was supposed to be out for about two months with his groin strain.

But this is what Steve McClaren said about Papiss and some of our other injured players today:

“I was going to say that Papiss has been out running on the field and as long as he keeps progressing like he is – he could be back in training by next week.”

“Gabby Obertan is still back in the gym and Mike Williamson the same.” “But it’s good to see Riviere back on the training field along with Rolando, Mbabu and Jamaal Lascelles.”

“(Steven) Taylor will be back mid-week training again with the team, so in that respect we are bringing some back.” “Vurnon Anita is still away-  it will be quite a few weeks.”

It also seems as though Jack Colback has picked up a slight knee injury (a niggle) so it may be that Jack misses out tomorrow but if so he will be back on Tuesday night for the home game against Manchester United.

There’s some good news on the injury front with Papiss almost back and finally Steven Taylor finally coming back after being out with a hamstring injury since late August.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Watford?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · FA Cup · Injuries · Management · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League · Press Conference

106 responses so far ↓

• 1 hibbitt // Jan 8, 2016 at 5:37 PM

there’s 2 trains of thought with ashley regarding SD…1…he could buy the 45% of the shares in SD he does not own and take the company private thus keeping control….2….he could sell the 55% of the shares he owns in SD and leave the company if he did that would the SD ads disappear from st james if he had no interest in SD

• 2 ronaldo aarons // Jan 8, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Is this really good news?? I see it as an opportunity for the club to say we have enough strikers with cisse back now rather than going out and buying a striker. Even a loan for remy would be great in my eyes.

• 3 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM

On being asked specifically about Loic Remy
    McClaren said

“We can’t discuss that it’s private
    Some of these discussions are very delicate and done behind closed doors.
    We are not in the business of sustaining a media feeding frenzy which happens as soon as a name is thrown out.”

When they persisted he said
    “I haven’t got a clue.”

Quite right too !

• 4 jazzyp // Jan 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Ya having a laugh….please tell me ya having a laugh. The guy was booed off at half time against Watford, hence being subbed. And has not gave a rats ass since.
    Should have sold him when he was worth something. Rivière or Cisse, yippee f@ckin do watch us fly up the table

• 5 croftus5678 // Jan 8, 2016 at 5:49 PM

@2 ronaldo

a loan is the way to go in my eyes unless we get cisse’s true replacement !

lets not forget we have cisse/mitrovic/perez/siem/river/arma all classed as strikers atm when most teams are lucky to have 4 strikers.

begs to differ if our strikers are upto scratch as strikers and can we carry the players who are not upto scratch in hope they develop into decent strikers.

• 6 beermonkey // Jan 8, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I have never put much stock in old bits of paper that claim u cant build on bits of land or it to be used for certain things
    there is always some1 who can make it happen with the right incentive,

we all know attendances are falling where once there was a waiting list to get a season ticket there is a queue to claim a free ticket
    it was just a thought when I saw that the freehold maybe available to him with smaller attendances he could get away with building a smaller stadium more in keeping with being in the lower leagues

there is nothing about the club that says it wants to compete and stay in the prem
    like I say that’s was just a thought

one man and his dog can see our transfer policy is flawed but they don’t look as if there going to change it,
    we let abied and kemen leave in the summer here we are we play sat and then tues after a busy xmas and McLaren cant change to much cos he has no options and its the same in defence, were asking for injuries
    this is what they call making our own luck

• 7 cyprus // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:01 PM

First game in a while when I don’t really care what happens. If we were mid table,yeah, go for it bring on a good run but now there are more important things to consider.

It would be good to win in order to get a winning mentality ‘going’. Steve et al, try the people you’ve been ignoring. Play Thauvin SDJ 90′. For the price they should handle it.

• 8 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

10 weeks after the Watford game Cissé scored after 10 minutes at Crystal Palace when we got chinned 5 – 1.
    Just saying like 😎

• 9 croftus5678 // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:04 PM

mitrovic 1041 mins 3 goals 1 assist
    perez 1200 mins 4 goals 2 assists
    cisse 613 mins 2 goals
    siem 348 mins 1 assist
    arma n/a mins 16 goals (league 1)
    river (no data)

these are our strikers are any of these good enough to be our strikers and if so which 2+ are you happy with that will score us the goals to keep us in the prem and push us up the table ?

• 10 BandB // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:05 PM

I do think we’ll bring in new faces and they would be right to keep moves under wraps. Not that they always have.
    If they don’tt, the only conclusions possible are that they are absolutely convinced the current set-up will keep us up or, that for some reason, staying up has a price tag on it that won’t be exceeded. They went right to the wire last season.
    I meant to say the plans for the training ground were mothballed, in so much as there has been no news since the start date for building elapsed without comment. Not the training ground itself.

• 11 lesh // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Charnley’ll be relieved that Cisse’s on the mend. No need to bother about getting a striker in now.

Head back in the sand!

• 12 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Ashley is 51

He is rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

How much longer does he need to take all the shit that comes his way.

If it were me I’d take the money and run , and make NUFC my life’s work and all consuming hobby , and do the club so much good winning stuff , that they’d name a stand after me.
    In a hundred years time Geordie mums would make their bairns giggle and chuckle when they sing them the Big Mike lullaby.

• 13 jazzyp // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:18 PM

One man who knows more about being a top class forward in the Pl and knows what it takes to at the top season after season.
    And not a 5 month wonder is Alan Shearer. I was unfortunate enough to go to the West Ham game and go and see what the fans and Mr shearer were saying abt that performance this season as well…. Just saying like !!

• 14 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM

BandB…when you say on autopilot do you mean we’ll just drive through this window without stopping?

…I’ll probably agree!

• 15 lesh // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM

‘Oooohh’ cries Charnley.

‘All these players coming back and there’s no need to sign anyone now’

‘What? They’re not good enough? They play in the positions people say we need cover for so there’s no need to buy anybody – in fact we’ve got more than we need so we can sell some. I like selling, it makes Mikey boy happy’.

And so it goes on….. Clueless, spineless pillocks

• 16 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM

I really value his opinion and insight 😎

• 17 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Jeff…I know you do! …and rightly so you should!

• 18 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:35 PM

• 19 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Ha ha ha

• 20 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:39 PM

there is 0% chance this is true. Its bs PR so the club can say we dont need another striker. I can smell a setback in about a week.

• 21 Belfast // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:39 PM

That’s him in the shop window.

• 22 bettyswallocks // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Beer ……… Wow that really is a conspiracy theory. You really think he is deliberately trying to reduce attendances with crap football and relegation to follow so he can then justify building us a smaller stadium and develop SJP for his own gain.

All I can say is I would be the first in the line to join the lynch mob.

• 23 davis_toons // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Tiote 3.5m – 3 years ago projected 15-30m.

Glad he is still here or we would have without any natural DM. Forget about top quality DM it just can’t happen for now somehow.

• 24 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Interesting read in that link BandB, after the hassle we’ve had with that blaring trumpet of a buffoon bragging he knows Ashleys preferred underwear brand it puts all that nonsense about Ashley paying for advertising, and his grander motive, right into perspective. With the real prospect of him utilising the share drop as leverage to push for full ownership again, what’s the prospect then of NUFC being rewarded for its visibility? You just couldn’t make it up, it seems.

• 25 BandB // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:53 PM

My longer term thought is that sports leisure has been a huge market for a long time, but fashions come and go.
    SD is a huge company, as was Trilby.

• 26 BandB // Jan 8, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Am I being moderated?

• 27 check the toastie // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Long Time No Post from me but…

We go out of the FA Cup again tomoro probably

when will this end.

I am a forgiving type of guy so will give the club this transfer window to spend another bunch of cash.

If it doesn’t the coaching staff should resign.

I like McLaren he is a class act compared to Parsnip, I hope it comes good.

Dimmitt is awful, Anita has now proved he’s out of his depth,

Fuchs from Leicester
    Oxlade Chamberlain
    Ayala from Boro
    some quick striker Remy/ben yedder

no reason if a horse is going to be attached its not these thoroughbreds.

• 28 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:18 PM

I don’t know, are you.

• 29 AncientC // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Good evening, Jib. How are SD shares looking at the moment? Any 30 minute surges that are noteworthy to Newcastle fans?

• 30 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Hang on a sec, let me look in to my crystal ball.

• 31 Ian Toon // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Have people, fans really had enough of being taken for granted. Nothing has changed as far as away toon fans are concerned the support has never been louder and higher in numbers this season. The atmosphere at Spurs was the very best experienced in living memory. Getting tickets this season for the away end at London games has been difficult, often I am not sure I can make the game. I’ve been told many times that the owner can do anything he likes with the club but not with our support. It’s his, and we don’t have a say. Well try telling that to the toon army. Nothing we do can have an effect on the club but nothing is for ever. Anyway talk of boycotts, cancelling ST’s is of no real consequence simply because Ashley is not reliant on gate receipts but on the money coming in from TV rights. Next season at record levels which is why I anticipate a few players through the door. Well, the so called disconnect between club and some fans might well be down to Ashley; but it does not mean I no longer feel responsible for supporting my team. Old habits die hard.

The Sky millions will not roar the team home nor suck a goal into the opposition net. Shades of Spurs anyone there will know what I mean. The fans are there to support the toon and not to let the players sink or swim. I don’t look to Mike Ashley for inspiration.

• 32 check the toastie // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM

The problem is Ashley and Charnley are businessmen, every decision made is to generate revenue and profit, the club is no more than an ongoing concern.

now and again that concern will see us break into the top10, experience should now tell us all that will be a rarity.

Why did we let Santon go with no backup and no worries in respect to quality cover. bizarre to make a team weaker for no reason.

• 33 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I’ve a feeling fatty will survive the ups and downs of the sportswear fashion market. it’s all very well having experts predicting doom or glory but it’s what actually transpires that counts. I used to tech support Apple computers (or maybe I was just Steve Jobs Little Helper?) just as what seemed like a doomed computer company, with Microsoft holding a knife to it’s throat, used style as it’s countermeasure with the imac.

Looking at Mike from one perspective he looks beleaguered by falling market share and impatient shareholders. But maybe time will look back on a clever man who used the weak share price to buy full ownership at a cut price before bouncing back into the market again. We don’t know until it all comes out of the other end.

• 34 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Jose Enrique at Centre half tonight for Liverpool v Exeter !

• 35 ronaldo aarons // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Unrelated to Newcastle but yaya toure is a proper b1tch!! Check out his reaction about PEA getting African player of the year rather than him and it bringing ‘shame to Africa’…. If I was his size I would gladly knock him out 😉

• 36 toon22 // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Ian toon

I dissagree

Lasts seasons protests and boycots really rattled fatso,it must mean something to him having a crowd in the staduim.

Imho the prem dont want him in their league so we suffer with fixture lists and bad refs to the point of no return.Unless he goes id think we most likley get religated.

• 37 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Check, just a heads up, there’s a guy with earplugs in and his head firmly up his own jacksy who will write pages of utter tripe that will argue Blackley is Whitely until the sun stops rising. Be warned.

• 38 toon22 // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Just a thought but does Blackey post here day and night,as last night he said he was going then came back on but sounded like another person. must work shifts atm.

• 39 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM

• 40 ronaldo aarons // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM

I feel an upset coming tonight, Exeter to win 2-1 and welcome klopp to the fa cup.

• 41 Ian Toon // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:51 PM

toon 22
    Please explain !!

• 42 Ian Toon // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:53 PM

toon – Don’t bother.

• 43 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Tsunki-“If you think you can be rich beyond the dreams of avarice, you don’t understand avarice.”

You clearly don’t know English Literature. !

Oh dear – pearls before swine – or pearls before office assistants anyway 😎

• 44 Our Toon // Jan 8, 2016 at 7:59 PM

I boycott and whether others feel I make a difference or not doesn’t bother me. I won’t have a defeatist attitude or an excuse to hide behind by saying it doesn’t matter because of X Y Z….I believe I do it for the long term good of the club rather than my own short term needs

• 45 geordie157 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Benteke to the toon?

• 46 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Exeter 1 Red Bin Dipprs 0

• 47 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Dippers even

• 48 geordie157 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Enrique completely done there, come on Exeter!

• 49 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM

1 – 1
    Well that was short-lived

• 50 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM

1-1 ffs.

• 51 jane // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:10 PM

“Dippers even”

good prediction

• 52 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Still don’t rate livepool though, sacking Rodgers was a poor decision.

• 53 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Don’t worry guys Enrique will score a cracking own goal.

• 54 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:14 PM

v sharp
    careful you don’t cut yersel

• 55 GeordieTwo // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:15 PM

A lot of you have been saying “G2 I’m having a little bit of doubt about Ashley. Just a little mind. Should I wear my Thong of Doubt for the next match?” Very good question lads….. very good. Errrm… No, don’t put it on yet mates. Give it a little more time. But have that one and your Thong of Gloom cleaned just in case. That’s what I’ve done and now I feel very prepared….

• 56 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:17 PM

That Exeter pitch looks as if it should have a herd of sheep on it .
    Or as Welshie would say – a group of cheerleaders 😀

• 57 GeordieTwo // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:29 PM

I’m still patiently waiting for the window to close to see what we do. Every little thing counts. A new frock for the tea lady. Some incense for the dressing room. A Yoga instructor…. these are some of the things I believe we can afford. So I’m just going to sit back and wait for it to happen……

• 58 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Exeter 2 Liverpool 1

• 59 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:43 PM

2-1 get in.

• 60 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:43 PM

There was a foul on the Lpool goalie like

• 61 Sazzer // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Sky sources: Bournemouth make £10 million bid for Wolves striker to Benik Afobe.

• 62 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Ha ha jeff you nugget of course the saying is a hyperbole, don’t forget it was used to point to the prospect of growing rich, or by those who could only imagine what being so rich would be like. In reality of course, as avarice is insatiable…well tell you what, Google the word insatiable.

• 63 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Shut up jib, didn’t touch the goalkeeper, nudge nudge.

Ha ha ha

• 64 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:48 PM

How about Google the words change the bloody record.

• 65 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:48 PM

Oh jeff btw if you want to hop on to Blackley’s infants choice of jibes don’t forget there’s a horrendous back catalogue waiting for you my bungling little burbler.

• 66 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Welsh he could do that. Good idea. Get him to tell you the result though.

• 67 Our Toon // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Never a free kick on the keeper hardly touched him

• 68 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM

I’m the nugget am I ?
    I’m thinking Tsunki the pigeon on a chess board .
    Ha ha ha

• 69 GeordieTwo // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:50 PM

Some people are talking crazy talk now…..A posh frock for the tea lady aaaannnd some incense for the dressing room. Unbelievable. (The yoga instructor actually wanted to be paid. Can you imagine the cheek of her?)

• 70 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Where Geordie Two lives

• 71 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Thinking never your strong suit jeff, otherwise you might have attempted to chip in with the grown ups before. At least that was a good decision on your part, big banana skin waiting for you there.

It seems the WUM contingent is on the rise once more, as they huddle together with multiple identities and boorish exiles from other blogs. Think I’ll give this place a rest until some proper footy discussion returns to crowd out the clattering din of the schoolyard kids. Roll on end of transfer window.

• 72 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 8:59 PM

You are one weird person.

• 73 GeordieTwo // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Why thank you welshie. Tsunki mate, wait and I’ll go with you!

• 74 Tsunki // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Hurry up G2 this horse has to be bolted to the cart by midnight

• 75 jane // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Tsunki before you go please can you explain why the apostrophe in Exeter City Supporters’ Trust is after the s?

• 76 loonie-toon // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Don’t get how we won’t splash out 10 mill on Townsend but we can waste more on Thauvin we might b 20 the richest club in Europe but we defo 1st on list for been cheep wen it come signing English players cart wait c r line up tomorro mayb go with Rivi and Toney up front c wat they can do

• 77 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Teixeira and Ilori the two young Portuguese players for Liverpool have a high opinion of themselves.

• 78 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:15 PM

I think the whole squad have got an high opinion on themselves.

• 79 jane // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Care must be taken to place the apostrophe outside the word in question. For instance, if talking about a pen belonging to Mr. Hastings, many people would wrongly write Mr. Hasting’s pen (his name is not Mr. Hasting).

Correct: Mr. Hastings’ pen

the word in question here is supporters hence supporters’

• 80 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Thankyou Jane
    Tsunki didn’t answer cos he thought it was me mocking him 😀

• 81 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Is it your turn to be Jane tonight or mine ?

• 82 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:42 PM

This multiple stuff is very confusing !

• 83 Jib // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM

C’mon Exeter hang on and get a big payday at Anfield.

• 84 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:45 PM

How about i do all three, it’s not that hard to confuse some on here, it’s quite easy.

Ha ha ha

• 85 jane // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:48 PM

I don’t exist

• 86 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Perhaps i should change my name to Johnny

Johnny, jib and Jane.

Ha ha ha

• 87 jane // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:49 PM

the supporters’ Trust will be happy

• 88 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Is that you or Johnny.

• 89 angelswithdirtyfaces // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:08 PM

stunning level of debate from the three monkeys
    no wonder the rest of us have left.
    blog killers

• 90 welshgeordie9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:13 PM

There’s nothing to talk about, let’s talk about our new signing, oh wait………..

• 91 jazzyp // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Well that trial went well then . The young kid from Fc Basel has Signed a 4 half year deal with another club.

• 92 stuart no9 // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:24 PM

whers the good news then Ed ???

• 93 jimmysmith // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:30 PM

January 9th and no signings. I hope the Ashley Out chant isn’t far from fans throats. This is a big, big window for the club and surely and fairly the last chance saloon for the owner. This ennui and endless talk of great times to come, and building something special, has been going on for too long now. If he doesn’t deliver now, we can safely assume it’s been one long advertising hoax; that it’s been a swindle.

• 94 Average_Contents // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Shortest trial ever lol. Well done rydon.

• 95 toon22 // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Its the same inside the ground,all the bulshits killed it.

Religation and utter turmoil becons while the shills are payed to go elsewhere.

• 96 toon22 // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:48 PM

What this transfer window needs is Blackey to frequent the blog and flood it with pro MA bollocks to lighten the mood.
    Im sure once we all understand the dark side we will be happy to cheer our total demise.

• 97 Mister Tuff // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Well it had to happen the idiots and knackers have ruined the blog – wums and trolls rule tonight. No wonder proper toon fans have been chased off.

• 98 Belfast // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:52 PM

Stuart the injured players are like New signings. Yeah get in !!

• 99 toon22 // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:53 PM

Its exactly what MA would want,he loves that kind of thing.

Im sure the night shift is whatching this blog.

• 100 Average_Contents // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:55 PM

As BandB mentioned earlier, those landmarks we got told to lookout for as kids when on journeys so we kinda knew where we were are reminiscent of the club’s landmarks i.e top 8 and a cup.

The difference being the childhood versions turned out to be true. The club’s version turned out to be, well, a load of old shite.

We’ve been led a merry dance me ole mucka.

For 9 whole b*****d years.

Ashley out!

• 101 toon22 // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:56 PM

Our only hope is he gets shafed in the money markets and he gets pushed out of owning our club by the FA.

• 102 toon22 // Jan 8, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Or is Blackey not being payed to answer this kind of thing anymore????

• 103 Average_Contents // Jan 8, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Oh and jimmy.

Didn’t you know?

It was the 3 consecutive transfer window plan. Ya know, one after the other.

No doubt some will say this one doesn’t count if they don’t buy anyone in it so it’ll be 3 consecutive summer windows they obviously meant. Wink. Wink.

Got it? Good.

• 104 lesh // Jan 8, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Nice one indeed – the Swiss lad’s the first of the ‘Couidn’t get them over the line’ attempts.

Just shows what a useless idiot Charnley is. Where was super-scout Carr’s intelligence on the lad’s status? On Augsburg’s interest?

They’ve been made to look even bigger fools than we’ve taken them for. And that’s saying something!

• 105 jimmysmith // Jan 8, 2016 at 11:17 PM

They need to buy at least one, probably two, of the same calibre of player that we saw in the off season. If not, it’s Russian Roulette, like last year when we failed to appoint a coach of any standing and nearly went down. Anything like that now, any delaying tactics, should be called out for what they clearly now would appear to be and so it’s reasonable to assume are. I wouldn’t trust Ashley as far as I could throw a mattress up a spiral staircase. He hasn’t earned any more time and he doesn’t deserve anymore unless he is actively seen to be constantly building that top eight side.

• 106 beefman13 // Jan 9, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Mclaren is mentioning all these players on the comeback back trail? Do any of them make a difference? Maybe young Aarons if he was playing regularly, the rest same old same old, LC I feel thinks we have enough to stave of relegation, that’s a big gamble again isn’t it, if we go down, he has to go without question.

previous post: Newcastle May Rest Players With Injury Niggles At Watford