Here are some photos that have been published in the Chronicle today and some facts that have been issued on the Newcastle web-site about our new signing Henri Saivet – formerly of Bordeaux.
Henri Saivet – Newcastle’s new signing
Newcastle have also issued this information on Henri Saivet’s career so far – on their web-site:
- Saivet was born in Dakar, the capital city of Senegal, on 26th October, 1990.
- He joined the Academy at Bordeaux at the age of 11 and quickly rose through the ranks at the French club.
- Saivet became the youngest professional in Bordeaux’s history when he signed his first professional deal in 2007.
- On the final day of the 2007/08 campaign he made his first team debut, stepping off the substitutes’ bench for the final 12 minutes of Bordeaux’s 2-2 draw at Lens.
- Saivet had to be patient for game time in the seasons that followed, making a handful of appearances, but enjoyed a successful loan spell at Ligue 2 side Angers in the second half of the 2010/11 season.
- Returning to Bordeaux, he began to make an impact on the first team squad and was a key part of their Coupe de France triumph in 2013.
- Saivet went on to become a key player for Bordeaux and made a total of 178 appearances in all competitions, scoring 23 goals.
- Originally a forward or winger, Saivet was converted into a holding central midfielder in recent years and flourished, taking on the captain’s armband at Bordeaux.
- Saivet represented France at under-16, under-17, under-18 and under-21 level, but switched allegiances to his homeland in 2013, and has won nine senior caps for Senegal to date.
- Saivet made a great start to his Newcastle career by scoring a brace in each of his first three games for his new club – all wins
Oh yes – sorry – almost forgot – I made up that last fact – it’s currently fiction – but you never know.