The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Saivet in Newcastle – Agrees Five Year Deal

2:15 pm, Monday, January 11th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 104 Comments

French newspaper L’Equipe is reporting today that Bordeaux midfielder Henri Saivet has agreed a five-year deal to join Newcastle United.

Newcastle and Bordeaux are said to be very close to a deal which would be €6M, as we reported earlier today – plus €1M in bonuses.

L’Equipe is reporting that a verbal agreement has been reached on the deal – which presumably means we have persuaded the 25 year-old to join the club – after he earlier had expressed some concerns.

Henri Saivet

Bordeaux midfielder Henri Saivet in Newcastle

Bournemouth are also involved so don’t put it past the south coast club to steal the player at the very last moment (remember Loic Remy and QPR), but a big advantage on Tyneside is there are already a number of French-speaking players at Newcastle.

The player and his agent are reported to have arrived in Newcastle this morning and the news is that personal terms have also been agreed with Saivet.

So everything would seem ready for the player to take his medical on Tyneside and sign along the dotted line, he could even be announced as a Newcastle player maybe as soon as tomorrow.

Hope so.

If the deal goes through he will add creativity to the Newcastle midfield and he is one of two players Newcastle want to sign this week – Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey being the other early target.

Let’s hope the club can make the much needed breakthrough.

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

104 responses so far ↓

• 1 Grafton83 // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:16 PM

• 2 dok - the horrid colonial // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM

gmornign all,

well, out of the cups, fighting relegation.. seems ive seen this dance before…

was at a bday party Saturday nite, met a guy from Liverpool, needless to say, he was amazed by how we are run, and even bought me a drink….

• 3 Grafton83 // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM

If he’s anything like he was in FM08 he’ll be great, seeing as we’ve signed him I’m expecting he’ll just be one notch up on what we have with Obertan, that’d put him on one notch above zero. Better than nothing I suppose, hope Jojo is next.

• 4 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM

afternoon doc
    guess that drink was out of pity!lol

• 5 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Jib, I have read that post and sorry m8 but imho your wrong what happened was that KK gave us a glimpse of what we could be and what we could achieve with an ownership parallel to that of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc, with Sir John we were better than most and competing, and with sustained effort we would now be a major force.

Chelsea and Man City are now both at the top table in respect to expected success, Chelsea have no right to be their as there success is solely due to the oil baron, Man City fans could claim and in my opinion rightly claim that they should be challenges as they have been in the past and they are big enough to be a major force in their own right, what they may claim is that they are currently getting a helping hand to put them where they should be, and I would say they are right.

But imho we are bigger again than Man City, potentially anyway, but what has held us back, and I have to say the same also applies to our nearest and dearest, that lot down the road, is continuous poor running of the club.

However poor running of the club doesn’t mean that we should accept the KK era as being a blight or an artificial positioning of the club or any other discription anyone wishes to use, what it should be used as is a target, that is what we should aim for, past failings are history, Man U got relegated in the 1970’s, did there fans give up and accept that they are a second rate club, no they did not they continued to ask and demand the best, we should do likewise, failing in the past is not an acceptable reason for failing for ever more, we are better than that.

• 6 dok - the horrid colonial // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM

it sure was…

• 7 martoon // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:22 PM

dok @ 2 – See – it’s not all bad being a NUFC supporter 🙂
    Actually I’m not sorry we are out the cup this year – realistically even if we had got past Watford we probably would have only lasted another couple of rounds max. So we may as well have the pain now and concentrate on avoiding relegation.

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:24 PM

I’ve never made up lies about Ashleys mismanagement of our club and it does discredited those with anti Ashley views when people do.
    I was appalled!

• 9 TheToonKing // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:26 PM

Can someone tell us something about him ? I’ve only seen him a few times and he played on the wing…seemed like a poor mans sissoko…so not sure.

• 10 TheToonKing // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:28 PM

nevermind , I’ve confused him with his teammate Khazri , so I know nothing about him…. cool.

• 11 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Amazing isn’t it, we are creating chance upon chance but we can’t put them away and the club respond by signing a creative midfielder, seriously Faulty Towers wasn’t as slapstick as this lot that we have.

• 12 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Stick to the football. That way no-one gets hurt.
    I saw the exchanges between Lil and Blackley.
    The did both agree and agree to differ. Lil conceded Blackley his central claim that much of the criticism of Ashley is unjustified.
    Where they didn’t agree, he was soon faring no better than anyone else does.

• 13 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:32 PM

It was football and very relevant !

• 14 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:32 PM

the toon king
    he was hailed as the new henry as youngster started out as winger but has now developed into a strong quick cm has had an eye for goal in the past and has chipped in with a few recently and creates a few chances……this is all just what ive read mind so dont take it as goaspel if he’s pants!…..never seen him i said just what i read

• 15 sparky55 // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:34 PM

INO not what we need right now and no better than anything we have in the first team right now either…at least those in the first team have some premiership experience behind them… albeit not enough….but this lad obviously has SFA…so in my eyes a complete waste of time and a big gamble because if we go down he’ll be off in a flash with all his other countrymen in the employ of NUFC.

wish there was an emoji that was a shaking head in disbelief!

• 16 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Sorry Jail, but even your opinions on football are downright upsetting.

• 17 belgrade fan // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:35 PM

Is this one better than Anita and Colback?? 2 players killing us. I suppose he will be playing DM role with Shelvey CAM

• 18 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:35 PM

As an outsider just being curious, how did Lil concede Blackley his central claim that much of the criticism of Ashley is unjustified.

It seems an interesting debate.

• 19 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:36 PM

I’ve read he’s injury-prone.

• 20 sparky55 // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:37 PM

spoof…stop takin’ the p!ss…we don’t want another round of that bollox

• 21 LGFUAD21 // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Every time i’ve seen this guy play all i can say is he looks clunky. Granted I’ve only seen 3 games with him playing.

He seems to get lucky a lot. His technique looks poor but he has the desire.

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Well BandB you’ll just have to put up with them because my views are unequivocall 😀

• 23 sparky55 // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM

you forgot we make our own luck now!

• 24 Goofy // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM

• 25 banjax // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Can Saivet play in the Premier League from the get go ? Is this guy going to need 6 months to acclimatise? Can’t say I’m impressed with the names so far apart from Shelvey. But where are the defenders we so badly need ? Why aren’t there names of quality defenders being mentioned? Anyway after our defeat against Man U on Tuesday I expect nothing less than the sack for McLaren and Co !

• 26 hibbitt // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM

springy i think were all in the same boat mate not many on here will have seen him play ……….i had never even heard of him but the club think he is worth a 5 year contract so we will see

• 27 Goofy // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Nowt special but looks ok with the head.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Here’s me thinking it was Blackas and Tsunki !

• 29 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM

yeah ive read he’s had a few injuries in past but been playing a while without now….we’ll just have to see how he gets on at our training ground…..seems to be a bit of battle ground the amount of injuries that come out of there!lol

• 30 jimiley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Ashley will sell this year when we go down. He will take a big hit to get rid of a lame duck. It will take us years to get back. You read it here. And this guy Saivet is not what we need at the moment. He must be mad coming here Why?

• 31 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I jacked this site in some 18 months backs but I have just come back, seriosly m8 I’m not taking the pi$$, but I am intrigued.

• 32 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:43 PM

He certainly fits the profile: French, unproven in the PL and has had a history of injuries!

• 33 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:44 PM

yeah just hope he’s not judged within ten minutes of playing due to the already mounting pressure everyone is under….he may be no good but lets have look at him first.

• 34 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:44 PM

No-one wants another round of opinions….sorry, I mean unjustified and unprovoked abuse.
    Ashley, Smashley!
    I’m salivating over Saivet
    3-5-2 for me.

• 35 hibbitt // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:45 PM

jimiley…………maybe the five year contract has helped

• 36 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:45 PM

tried and tested format works!…..erm well sort of???

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Is this guy a direct swap for Tiote who we never managed to profit on, is the deal that we try and sell this new guy within two years and be a bit more sensible with his valuation.

• 38 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:47 PM

So does this mean somebody is going out if he’s coming in?

• 39 jimiley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM

And will he be difficult to sell on. I hope he is not another mercenary. We need more of them. I wrote yesterday he is the one certainty this January. We might get one or two more uninspiring players like Shelvey but only if other clubs do not want him eg he will go to that powerhouse Palace if they bid for him. This club is screwed and the lack of real transfer money from Ashley tells me he has dumped the club, He will run and cut his losses when we are relegated.

• 40 jimiley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM

he must be on shit money at Bordeaux

• 41 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM

there was a story this mornin saying tiote wants out to china so maybe thats whats happening

• 42 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:51 PM

He’s on a five year deal, let’s hope to fcuk he’s any good, no chance of offering him a three year deal and then improving it after a year ?

• 43 jimiley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM

We have been swirling around the plughole long enough. Its time the club put the fans out of their misery and we got sucked down it.

• 44 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM

We’d have a chance of survival if they sold Cissé and got a decent upgrade. Pigs might fly, I know.

I’d take relegation if it got rid of the parasite.

• 45 NoahJ // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM

If he allows sissoko (or wiji) to be played in the middle, then this is a positive move.

Interesting to see who Shelvey (if he arrives) replaces- Tiote or Colback? or is this a ‘replacement’ for an outgoing sissoko

It wouldn’t surprise me

• 46 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Yes, I saw that. Looks pretty likely now.

• 47 hibbitt // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM

jim good chance he will be on 20k a week x 5 years thats enough reason to come to us poor money a bordeaux would just help him on his way

• 48 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM

I know nothing about him.
    I do think we could win tomorrow and Saturday.But it’s a tricky one.
    We are due a win, but also due a hiding. And a draw. Everything but a 1-0 defeat.
    Man Utd have lost their last two away games, at Bournemouth and Stoke, and are below us on current form.
    And Van Gaal is under more pressure than Macca.

Off to the bingo now, before a bit of harmless banter instructs me to do so.

• 49 jimiley // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM

It would be a blessing to get the club back. At least freddie Shepherd tried to win things and I never lost pride or hope in the club under him. The Geordie slags story was very embarrassing (more so for him and his missus) but I never felt he was abandoning the club or screwing it. He was just not very good at running the club. Ask the fans now: Ashley or Shepherd? No brainer.

• 50 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM

would rather keep him my sell coz he does grunt stuff well even tho he’s not at his best he has made a difference to side imo…but if he wants to go nee point keeping him

• 51 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I agree. At least we functioned like a normal football club (ambition, etc.) under FS.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Ron Knee,
    I love saying to mackems, “mind, there’s one title you’ve won that we’ve never” after they’ve racked their brains you tell them it’s the third division because we’ve never been in it. I’m not sur if he’d sell up even if we got there, he might just find away of making it cost effective, another relegation might make fan unrest to much to deal with though !

• 53 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Who would be your 3-5-2, its difficult to pull off, your defensive midfielder has got to step up or it becomes a defensive setup with your wing backs becoming fullbacks and its then a backs to the wall 5-3 2

Tiote for me is vital, but in a 3 man defensce it would never work with him there as he is virtually programmed to sit back and help the two CH’s, so if Tiote is out of the question then that leaves Anita who is too weak or Colback, is jack good enougth, I’m not to sure.

We then look at the wing backs …..Janmaat and Dummett……..jeez

• 54 jimiley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Why does he want to come here when we are favourites to get relegated and why is nobody else after him.??? We never ever get a player when there is competition. You could say I have my doubts about Mr Saivet. No doubt Ed will say he will be a great addition to the squad but he always does when we sign somebody. Black and white eyes there Ed.

• 55 firebug666 // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM

If Tiote leaves for China then fair play to him, he has been a good servant for our club, lacking a little now perhaps, but I will never forget his equaliser in that 4-4 draw with Arsenal.

• 56 davetoon // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Well last time we bought a striker from Bordeaux we played him on the left wing so i can only assume we bought a winger from them to play upfront

• 57 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:06 PM

At my age, I might never see an Ashley-free Newcastle again. It’s a depressing thought!

• 58 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:07 PM

dont know how true it is but southampton and bournemouth were apparently after him

• 59 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Don’t know.
    I like 4-2-3-1 myself, but that must be wrong.
    Then I saw some of the blokes suggesting we try 3-5-2 and thought it must be a good idea.
    I’m a bit ditzy about football.

• 60 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM

two questions you asked and two answers as I see them, we will treble his wages due to a pittance of a transfer fee, perceived value for money to Ashley and his blame monkey Charnley, and secondly everybody else said your having a laugh.

• 61 hibbitt // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM

spoof……….it only works if you have 2 good wing backs we don’t

• 62 Ron Knee // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM

From the BBC website:

The Magpies, according to plenty of media outlets today, are aiming to tie up a £10m deal for the Swansea midfielder.

“That I can’t discuss,” says McClaren. “About 100 names have already been linked with us and it’s that kind of season we are in.

“I don’t know how far any others are away but we can’t comment until they are through the door.”

Judging by McClaren’s body language and answer, I’d expect Shelvey to make a move to St James’ Park pretty soon.

• 63 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:14 PM

think he could be a really good player for us….said that about a few and they have’nt tbh…so hope he is.

• 64 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:14 PM

I’ve no idea which convo with Lil BandB is talking about. Lil has just suggested that he sought to bring balance in the Ashley debate and suffered the same as I do. As I’ve said previously, I wasn’t so much sticking up for Ashley in the due diligence argument as questioning a popular misconception. As I expected, the folk who hit him with it could not articulate a reason.

• 65 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM

… a reason as to how the lack of due diligence detrimentally affected the club

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:16 PM

What’s with the five year deals, I know they’re heavily incentified but surely if he’s shyte or just doesn’t like it here, we’re stuck with a sick note !

• 67 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:19 PM

To have three at the back they have to between them have height, pace and awareness, I’m not trying too be funny but look at what we have, could that happen, Mbemba with a real driving organising force alongside, yes, Dummett, same as with Mbemba, same answer yes, he as with Mbemba has the versatility, but we would really need a worldy amongst them and that ain’t going to happen.

• 68 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:21 PM

BandB says we’re only to discuss 3-5-2 formations, variations or the stupidity/wisdom on giving an unproven Ligue 1 player a five year deal, if we have !

• 69 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM

wonder who our cm will be tomorrow with tiote,colback and anita all out apparently and maybe colo’s crocked as well……dont think saivet would be signed in time….maybe..
    aarons if available for a bit pace

• 70 Jib // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM

The Bordeaux manager confirms it in his Monday morning presser

• 71 Whumpie // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM

This is awful news. It confirms that the policies pushing us down into the Championship remain in place. So while we obviously need proven premiership strikers and defenders what we’ll get is yet another gamble on an unproven, injury-ridden, foreigb midfielder bought for no other reason than potential resale value.
    A tiny part of me still had hope for the club coming to its senses but this shows that isn’t going to happen.
    How depressing.

• 72 Belfast // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Probably so they can’t buy out their contracts when they realise we’re shite

• 73 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Blackley, to be honest m8 I have genuinely been away for a while, so I am way out of sink, you wish to update me that would be great,, give me the gen of who is fighting who and why, that would be great if you could

• 74 peterk3 // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Probably another Graham Carr bargain basement flop.

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Or they can legally feign injury on 25K a month for the next five years once they realise we’re shyte !

• 76 Small World // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Carr seems to live keep to go shopping at Mondial Sport Management. Does he only go elsewhere when they haven’t got what he wants?

If so, why?

• 77 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Okay. BandB blamed the pass from Perez to Gini for Gini’s miss against Arsenal. I blamed Gini’s poor first touch. It seems we can’t seem to agree on pure footballing issues either.

• 78 Small World // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM

• 79 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Jeezus.H.Christ a new signing should be generating excitement not questioning the reasononing why !

• 80 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Jib, I responded to a post of yours at number five, it was a well mannered post, disappointed that I didn’t get a reply.

• 81 Jib // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Gonzalo Higuaín is on fire for Napoli at the moment but Manolo Gabbiadini prefers to stay in Naples for the moment even though he only gets on as sub , and review things in the Summer.
    Newcastle did offer !7 million (Euros I presume )

• 82 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM

agreed mate

• 83 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Got to laugh at Bro Troy. He’s got Eric and Gashley batty on Toonsy’s blog, calling for Makro to be sacked to be replaced by Lee Clark. The best part is Troy once harangued Clarkie so much at a talk in, Clarkie walked off in a hissy fit and wouldn’t come back. You couldn’t make it up.

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Being 7K miles away with a seven hour time difference, and shyte wifi on the hotel balcony, I neither heard or read the comments on the match, as always used for a fair report and it seems we’re just not good enough with a not good enough mamager trying to make us good enough !

• 85 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:42 PM

looks like percy at the palace myt be tryin to stick his oar in to the shelvey deal

• 86 lesh // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Ed’s jumping the gun a bit. By the time Charnley checks and double checks his spreadsheet and fannys on, the window’ll be closed and we’ll have missed out.

Oh, and there are the small matter of getting a striker and CB – or will Charnley have to sell a couple of players to make room in the squad.

It wouldn’t occur to the clown that he can de-squad players without selling. Mmm, but there’s another problem – how does he explain the increased costs to his master?

Never mind about relegation, as long as the budgets on track.

• 87 Jib // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Sorry but you used words that I didn’t , to criticise me , so I just assumed you were another manifestation of the usual crew !
    You also make exactly the same spelling mistakes as Jail for Ashley 😎

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:43 PM

* a week

• 89 Belfast // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:46 PM

It’ll definitely be something to do with making a buck if they’re any good. Never heard of him to be honest. Him and Shelvey signing should obviously be welcomed, but we still badly need a striker.

I was reading that Bournemouth caught us by surprise by swooping in and getting Afobe from Wolves. I’d read on Friday night that Bournemouth had a bid accepted for him ?? Two days before he signed for them.

I think somebody must have been sleeping on the job. ;

• 90 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Sorry Blackley,

I just saw it differently to you, as I said at the time.
    But I accept you are right, as I should have realised before posting my idiotic thoughts.
    It was completely out of order me suggesting I saw something different.
    I apologise unreservedly for getting it so shamefully wrong.
    I’ll never, ever suggest something that may lead you to the inconvenience of having to gently put me right again.
    Please accept my humble apologies.

• 91 Belfast // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Would have been a good signing that lad Afobe.

• 92 lesh // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Small World

Ashley’ll have Mondial tied into a preferred supplier/ sole agent arrangement – the equivalent of an SD supplier.

So, if Mondial can’t provide a striker and CB, we ain’t getting.

One must wonder whether Carr’s got some personal arrangement in place with Mondial? Nah, a commission arrangement? Never!

• 93 SPRINGY // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM

he looked a decent player maybe the club are aiming higher?…..hope so

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Clever Cloggs,
    What spelling mistakes do I make! And spoof has been posting on here for years !

• 95 Goromagpie // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Bad signing.
    But he finishes well

• 96 Belfast // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Aye Lee Clark would be right up our street he lost out on the Notts County job the other day

• 97 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM

I’m not a wind up m8, and I didn’t critise you, I disagreed with you, hey shit happens and we disagree, so what, I disagreed with my wife on our wedding day, 19 and a half years later we are still together, still daisagreeing but so what..

So, putting that aside I would be all for a civilised debate ?

• 98 Jail for Ashley // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Causing blog discontent is one thing but being unreservedly and unashamedly apologetic is another ?

• 99 Jib // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM

I said to meself if the crapper cleaning cretin responds we’ll know I was right !!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha

• 100 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM

I don’t know why the Good Lord bothered giving other people opinions, when they clearly differ so much from his own.

• 101 BandB // Jan 11, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Sorry Jail, I’d best go before I accidentally stumble onto Jib’s fist.

• 102 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 4:01 PM

Jail, you are correct, but in fairness to ever it may concern, granted it is for years but very spasmodically.

• 103 Spoof // Jan 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM

By the way Jail, its nice that you nremembered me.

• 104 croftus5678 // Jan 11, 2016 at 5:10 PM

excited about shelvey but saivet !!!

like i’ve said in previous comments i think he’s an upgrade on anita/colback as a dm as he more all rounded than those two and add’s going forward also but not as good defensively as tiote !

and if we are thinking of playing him on the wing i really dont think he’s good enough for that imo !

a mid 3 of sissoko/shelvey and wijnaldum would have to be up there with the best midfields in the prem though surely ?

and tbf saivet would fit into the replacement for any of those should they get injured ! its just a question of if he plays 5-3-2 or he insists on playing a dm as with those 3 i dont think we need a dm.

previous post: Sky Sports Video – Newcastle Could Be Pushing For Europe