The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Shelvey To Have Medical Today – In £12M Newcastle Signing

9:13 am, Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 75 Comments

Sky Sports News is reporting that Swansea have agreed to sell Jonjo Shelvey to Newcastle United for a fee in the region of £12M.

And they are also reporting that the England international midfielder is expected in Newcastle for his medical today.

Sky Spots are usually a reliable outlet, especially where Newcastle are concerned as they are one of the club´s preferred media partners.

jonjo-shelvey-swansea-city_3009369

Jonjo Shelvey – expected in Newcastle today for medical

It looks like Newcastle had a £10M offer for Shelvey turned down yesterday by Swansea and owner Mike Ashley approved a £2M increase to quickly tie up the deal for the England International.

The news yesterday was that Newcastle had beaten Crystal Palace to the player and that he wanted to join Newcastle after head coach Steve McClaren had talked to him about the role he wanted him to play on Tyneside.

Only yesterday Swansea let it be known they would be willing to accept offers for their central midfielder and it looks like Newcastle have moved extremely quickly to tie up the deal.

There was also news over the weekend that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley was willing to shell out the money to ensure Shelvey became a Newcastle player.

Jonjo is  a player Steve McClaren wanted at Newcastle,  so if this deal goes through that would also be a good thing.

When a player goes for a medical, the transfer fee and personal terms are usually already agreed to, and it tends to become a formality – as long as the player passes the medical.

It could be that Shelvey becomes the second player in as many days to sign for the famous Tyneside club,  after an exuberant Henri Saivet signed on last night from Bordeaux.

It would be great news if the Shelvey deal goes through and it would help raise the spirits of long-suffering Newcastle fans everywhere.

The other positive if this deal goes through is that it sends a message to other potential Newcastle transfer targets – that the club is serious about building a team that can survive in the Premier League this season and move forward next season to bigger and better things.

We hope that turns out to be true – it´s been a very tough last 13 months.

75 responses so far ↓

• 1 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:14 AM

Well this is a depature…. a proven prem player!!

• 2 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:15 AM

This is a great signing in so many ways for the Toon if it goes through!!

For me it shows that Mclaren has finally been allowed to sign a player that he wants to fit into his preferred system rather than have Carr play his own version of Football Manager!

We have finally signed a domestic player from a rival which should hopefully dispel the club message that “we cant compete” with teams around us

We have bought British and a quality player which should hopefully suggest a shift in transfer policy….

Now hopefully they dont go ruining the whole thing with doing something stupid like selling Sissoko or Perez

• 3 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM

I think Tiote is leaving.

• 4 WWSBRD // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM

Utter scumbag…I am gonna love him

• 5 ilovetoon8788 // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM

I think saivet and shelvey in the middle. We still need a striker who can score or we are going down.

• 6 Rotonda heights // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM

Carl

Just to clarify I would have loved Pochetinno, but 18 months ago it seemed an impossible dream so I didn’t really mention him, whereas of the potentially available people at the time Martinez seemed a good option.

I also don’t honestly remember 18 months ago what I was saying about coaching badges or much else. Last week is sometimes a foreign country to me these days.

– – – –

Re – Tiote. 8M for a near 30 year old, apparently disinterested a lot of the time, often injured and away to Africa and with Saivet coming in seems a no brainer. If we go down I think it will be regardless of Tiote staying or going but would still keep him over Colback.

Shelvey coming could be very good, now for Koubilaly and a fast striker, please god not Bendtner.

• 7 yorkymag // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:21 AM

If we can get John joes head in the right place it’s good news
    He will give us the forward thrust we lack and he will free up ginni with his more accurate probing passing also has goals in him too
    Just need to sort his head out and keep him away from the toon

• 8 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Lee

Our players r in relagation no one wants them. Nothing special abt them.

• 9 Harley // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Absolutely brilliant signing if it comes off. I’ve been wishing for this for over year, thinking we had no chance.

Just what we need in the midfield.

We need a few more positions strengthening but if we only sign Saivet, Shelvey and a proven striker I’ll be over the moon.

• 10 JDdubai // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:22 AM

At least this shows the management saw what we all did in that we were hopelessly understaffed in CM.

Now for the (pacy) goalscoring Cf, my choice would be to take a punt on Andre Gray.

Dont think we will get the CB we need though, think Colo will remian once more and with Saylor back training, i cant see the tall commanding, organising, vocal CB come in that we need. Maybe we get a LB but that will be it.

• 11 hibbitt // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:23 AM

were’s the 8m for tiote just read 3m to china

• 12 Harley // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:24 AM

Have to agree with Rotonda

Tiote has looked ok when he’s played lately but Saivet coming in and 8m for tiote seems a no brainer.

• 13 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:24 AM

Tiote is always injured. Haidara Obrtan Goufrann Marvuex should leave our club.

• 14 ash // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:24 AM

Very good PROVEN PREM signing, a player who will dictate the play whilst allowing other players to be attacking as ever and flood the box.

Also he’s what i’d call a dead ball specialist, since Cabaye left we’ve had no one to put a corner in or let alone shoot from a free kick!

Just hope this one goes through ASAP, then we can move our attention onto a striker which is clearly paramount. Although i do think Mitro can cut it, but the kid needs more then 1 chance or maybe 3 half chances a match

• 15 Rotonda heights // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:27 AM

surprised shelvey is still only 23.

• 16 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:32 AM

Heights

Me too

• 17 Jib // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:33 AM

Alan Curtis is saying we just kept upping our bid for Shelvey until they couldn’t refuse.
    He’s not happy about Shelvey going to a relegation rival , but once Shelvey got a load of shit off of the Swansea fans he was offmans.

• 18 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:33 AM

Lee Ryder has said that Cheick Tiote wants to leave

• 19 TikiTakaAcca // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:34 AM

Saivet is trash.

I can already see the ‘Team that should play’ with Saivet in them.

Up until 12 months ago, he used to be a winger, let that tell you something about him. Trash.

• 20 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:35 AM

SSN: Andros Townsend has told Spurs he doesn’t want to join west brom and he would rather join Newcastle

• 21 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:36 AM

@Jib

Just goes to show how fear of relegation can focus minds eh!!

We have never done this to a rival for a player under Ashley !!

• 22 BandB // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:37 AM

Chancel

Cheik and Cisse were fair candidates to leave this winter.
    It frees up wages, and we’ve seen the best of them here.

• 23 hibbitt // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:37 AM

tiki taka acca……… well your a bit of a party pooper

• 24 ctommo // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:37 AM

Shelvey should have been got to replace Cabaye, but 12m now is a good deal in my opinion. He should ping balls forward instead of short and sideways like what currently happens. Would still like to see some players moved on, and get in a centre back and pacey powerful striker, but lets see.

• 25 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:37 AM

BandB
    Very true due to their ages

• 26 Pitmatic // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:39 AM

Great signing if this is true.

I’m looking forward to seeing Saivet in action. As a winger cum attacking midfielder cum defensive midefielder he might be the player we hoped Sissoko would be. If his signing paves the way for Sissoko’s departure in the summer I’d be more than happy. We need to transform the identity of this team. As a senior player, he represents everything that’s wrong with us; his derby record says it all. Let him have his move, and get a proper winger in his place.

• 27 Malackay // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:39 AM

Tiote must be all but gone now.

Like most on here, I’m delighted with this signing, strengthens us at the same time it weakens a rival. You have to think Shelvey has been promised a start a dangled the future captaincy in front of him too.

I still think we desperately need a Left Back and Striker (and a CB but I’m resigned to this never happening). Could Colback make the switch to LB now we have options in Midfield?

• 28 hibbitt // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM

chancel……nice to have you back hope your health is improving………………….think its more to do with there wages both big earners

• 29 sweendog // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Tiote is gone.
    Weird one with Shelvey, not played the best the last while but we do need a player who can control midfield, big strong and someone who can shoot from outside the box. Better than what we have and a premiership player, maybe just enough to keep us up.
    Still really need striker and CB, maybe LB.

• 30 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Lacazatte killed our January window. I would have been buzzing.

• 31 Goofy // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM

@Will die for the toon army

I’d keep Haidara and get rid of the rest.

Hopefully thats Shelvey signed, definitely a good bit of business, the first proven player we’ve bought under Ashley.

Mitro should get proper service now so he’ll have no excuses soon.

• 32 JAMSHA // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM

FINALY A QUALITY PLAYER IN Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

• 33 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM

I think Shelvey at the Toon will be great hes the type of player that will deliver in front of 52k fans every home game !!

Swansea are a small team this is step up for him or at least it should be !!

• 34 JDdubai // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM

Interesting to see how Afobe does at Bmouth. Would have liked us to have taken a chance on him tbh.

Think Bmouth will pull away from the drop now, all they were lacking was someone to score and now with him and Iturbe and Grabban they will have enough to be safe.

• 35 bettyswallocks // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:45 AM

A proven striker and a left back next please.

• 36 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:45 AM

true hibbit and thankyou

townsend wants Newcastle ssn keep saying but are we after him?

• 37 Jib // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:47 AM

Sky sports are also reporting Andros Townsend would prefer NUFC to West Brom – Spurs want to use him as a makeweight for Berhino.

• 38 pawl250 // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM

Hello all,

Came on here to express my views on the potential new signing and new signing.

Since the Mrs had our child I haven’t watched as much foreign football and cannot say Saviet was ever on my radar in all honesty. I suspect he will be another unproven donkey, I cannot say he strikes me as a world beater, but I hope I am wrong. I did watch both Bordeaux games against Newcastle a few years back which he apparently played in and again, cannot remember thinking “I wish we had Saviet” or any player at that time.

Shelvey is exactly what we need, hard working, determined and a scorer from the middle of the park. 12m does seem high, but when you consider Mackems paid 14m for Rodwell, and Man City paid 50m for Sterling I suppose its the going rate for a young England player, especially one with the amount of games in the PL he has played.

As for Tiote supposedly leaving, I would not give too much thought about it. When he is not injured he is banned or at AFCN. He is renowned from those in and around the club as not being as determined as he once was. I have heard from several people, again in and around the club he is not actually injured half the time, he likes to not play as often as possible. I would take 5m tomorrow for him, with a net fee of 7m Shelvey is younger, more determined and a better player.

I think we need a striker. If we could move on Cisse, Riviere or Gouffran to make may for Austin or someone who knows how to put the ball in the net. We would then have Perez, Mitrovic and Austin as a strike force which is young and has alot of potential.

We also need a CB who will push Mbemba and Colo performance wise. I think we need to push on Williamson and get in a young strong Matip or someone of similar calibre.

So with new signings I would say our strongest team would most likely look like:-

Krul
    Janmaat – Mbemba – Coloccini – Dummett
    Colback – Anita
    Sissoko – Shelvey – Wijnaldum
    Mitrovic

Elliot
    Mbabu – STaylor – Lascelles – Haidara
    Saviet? – Tiote –
    Aarons – De Jong – Thauvin
    Perez

Not sure where Saviet actually plays. Heard the wing and CDM.

I mean our right back position still requires back up.We still need a stronger proven striker. I also think Shelvey if Shelvey plays CAM, it places Wijnaldum out position of LW.

I have seen Shelvey play in CDM but whether we would see goals from that position I am not so sure.

• 39 expatmag // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM

So, we get Shelvy in and Saivet for 16 million pounds

Fat man sells Tiote for 8 million, Williamson for 1 millon plus the 6 million he got for Cabella, he almost breaks even.

• 40 WWSBRD // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM

Townsend will run intil late in the window I reckon he wants out, they want him gone but I doubt anyone will meet the valuation

Whether we are still in for him by the time he is able to leave time will tell, we dont really have the luxury of waiting around

• 41 sweendog // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:48 AM

Townsend would be a good loan signing to see what he can do as well.
    I take it the team is replaced by
    Tiote – Saivet
    Gouffran – Remy
    Marveau – Shelvey
    Megamind – Townsend
    still need to 2 extra players CB and LB also what about injuries, so may need another striker.

• 42 bmw__55 // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Swansea has lost all games this season without Shelvey. Thats a good sign 🙂

• 43 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:50 AM

Throw Colback at LB. Can cross and has the energy to be mobile not static as Dummy.
    ……….Elliott
    Janmatt…Mbemba….Colo….Colback
    ………Saviet…..Shelvey
    Sissoko……Wijnaldum……Perez
    …………..Mitrovic

• 44 WWSBRD // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Chancel
    Did u used to go by TFL?

• 45 pawl250 // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Expat

Williamson > Please let go, for a Mars bar and a Twix would be a bargain.

Tiote > Again past his best, not really playing well and always injured. 8m would be a decent price but I suspect closer to 3-5m would be more likely.

Cabella > Already gone and replaced with Thauvin and his ridiculous 12m price tag, so in reality it reduces it down to 6m, but the fact we paid was it 9m for Cabella means we spent 15m overall on Thauvin.

• 46 davetoon // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Former Arsenal and current Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner, 27, could be on his way from Wolfsburg to Newcastle United. (Bild).

Surely not.

• 47 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Would like to see Colback convered to left back he used to play there for the Mackems and has all the qualities needed to play there

Loves a tackle , can defend , has energy to get up and down the pitch , can beat a man and can cross the ball

• 48 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:54 AM

I did WWSBRD before I lost all my details

• 49 Laurent Robert 32 // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Nice to see these two players signing. Note – another former captain as well, like Gini and Siem. I really hope that Siem gets a chance to play more. The games he started recently, we didn’t lose. I think it’s once he was taken out of the starting line-up we haven’t won.

Coincidence? Maybe, but he needed longer to settle in. He did ok.

• 50 hibbitt // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:56 AM

expat…..were you getting 8m tiote i just read 3m to china

• 51 WWSBRD // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM

Chancel
    Ah welcome back then bud, nice to see u round again. Hope ur keeping well

• 52 pawl250 // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM

I work in an office of 6 people (including myself), 4 of them are Sunderland fans, 1 does not like or care for football and then myself the only Newcastle fan.

All 4 of the Sunderland fans would tell you Colback is not a bad left back but he is a back up at best. His natural position should be centre midfield and it was also why he chose to leave Sunderland as he did not want to play left back.

I think rather than trying to fill a gap because he is a lesser player than those around him. Why not buy a a proper left back.

I mean we still need:-
    Back up right back
    Strong/Pacey Centre back
    Striker, a proven one! Austin/Remy would be ideal.

• 53 hibbitt // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM

any body were is this 8m for tiote coming from

• 54 expatmag // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hibbitt

Various sources on newsnow quoting 8 million pounds

• 55 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Mitro has no excuse these days he has missed so many chances but i would have him ahead of all we have right now. His presence upfront is amazing so involved in the game.

We have the best attcak in the EPL we jst miss chances and lacked a good midfield and with Saviet and Shelvey here we have it.
    …………Elliott
    Janmatt…Mbemba….Colo….Colback
    ……..Saviet…..Shelvey
    Sissoko……Wijnaldum……Perez
    …………..Mitrovic
    Having Janamatt and Colback to swing them for Mitrovic

• 56 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

WWSBRD
    I spent part of November and all of December in hosp, I’m getting there now. thank you

• 57 hibbitt // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:02 AM

thanks expat……. were do we sign 8m for tiote i would gift wrap him

• 58 pawl250 // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Will Die for TA

“Best attack in PL”

Erm try 3rd worst, and lets be honest its only that because we tanked 1 team.

We would have the worst “goals for” had it not been for that 1 game we scored 6.

I get why some people call our fans delusional, this is a prime example.

• 59 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Well right if Shelvey signs then thats our midfield sorted
    NOW lets get in a proven goalscorer and a central defender
    not being greedy – maybe a full back

• 60 pawl250 // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Charlie

You are not being greedy.

We need a back up right back.
    A decent CB to compete with Colo and Mbemba as others in squad have no chance. Which says alot really.
    A decent left back

AND MOST OFF ALL, I agree a proven goalscorer. I said Hernandez in the summer, we missed that bus and look at him now. What a bargain he would have been. He is a machine when he plays.

• 61 will die for the toon army // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:08 AM

Charlie

All i need now is approven CF. I can Colo for the rest of the season. Except if we sell Taylor.

• 62 Goldmbemba // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:10 AM

I hope the attitudes of mitro and shelvey can work together, could be a nice bit of steel like when we had batty / shearer.

Im amazed weve signed someone with prem experience. a very good sign that Steve will be allowed to do whats necessary.

£12 mil, i would say the price doesnt even matter this season. if we stay up then ashley will make his money back instantly and then some.

he’s a football fool but hes not a business fool.

• 63 Toonfan8 // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM

It is time to ship out Marveaux,Obertan,Gouffran,Good….
    Shelvey and Saivet are very good and smart start to window, we need SC now and then LB,CB…Berahino (Remy), Koulibaly, Willems for me…

• 64 WWSBRD // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Chancel
    Hell mate thats rough, welcome back though hopefully better time coming ahead for u bud. Least NUFC might start entertaining soon haha

• 65 JAMSHA // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Oh plzzzzz get townsend and remy would b over the moon

• 66 nut meg // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Where has this 8m for Tiote come from? I read 3m a few days ago & the Chinese will drive a hard bargain.IMO no chance of getting anywhere near 8m for him.

• 67 hibbertonthewing // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Jonjo ketsbaia, now for Townsend and Austin and we will be reet

• 68 Jail for Ashley // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Really pleased with the Shelvey signing, at last a player signed for cash with PL experience might be ok now even if Tiote leaves.
    sitc,
    Still think it’s really bad business to get rid of Tiote while we’re in the position we’re in. This Saviet may hit the ground running or he may take time, or like Carrs last few be a total dud. If we weren’t in dire form at the bottom end of the table it would be worth taking the risk for the sake of letting him go for a little bit cheaper in the summer.
    Lilongwe,
    No worries, I never thought you were.

• 69 davis_toons // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Lilongwe Geordie i totally agreed with you on Tiote.
    The only recognise /natural DM in the Team.

The only reason we are selling him now is the Cash and his Age.

Tiote unlike others “deadwood” he will attract offers, the club shouldn’t be too worried just that the price might be different by then. Offer was 8 million for now as reported.

It was quite an offer but knowing the MA and his way of doing things.

Its best that we keep him til we find a replacement at the end of the season.

MA need to support that. At least we have a buffer, just in case if those new guys FAIL to perform.

We never know.

• 70 BandB // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:20 AM

We’ll see soon enough if the green light has been given for a spending spree.
    But it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Tiote and Williamson go out to keep the wage bill stable. A new top new striker may have been complicated by Cisse being crocked.
    These are just speculations, not claims.
    They seem to be doing what Moncur said…..taking their opportunities for what they regard as prudent and measured improvements.

• 71 davis_toons // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:26 AM

There is no way you would want a “small” sum of 3 million and sell off the ONLY performing DM in your Team.

Keep Tiote til we find a replacement is the best, at least til the end of this campaign that we are safe.

• 72 Pitmatic // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:31 AM

With these two in, getting a striker should be that much easier. Not sure where Austin’s at with his injury, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we got him late in the window. Just can’t see QPR turning down anything over £5m for him by then.

Berahino wouldn’t be completely unexpected now that we’ve changed tack with Shelvey. In some ways I think it would be financially prudent for Ashley to break our transfer record; it would demonstrate a new ambition, and maybe help us get other targets in at fairer prices. There might be better candidates out there though, certainly in the summer.

• 73 Goofy // Jan 12, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Why does everybody think that we need a LB? We have Mbabu, Haidara and dummett. Haidara and Mbabu are pretty good up and down the left wing, Dummett does ok but is definitely better as a CB.

• 74 mad-serb // Jan 12, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Great news if this comes through and i think we will see a shift in fortunes in the second half of the season. It was the area most needed in our team that needed strengthening. I know we still need a striker but these 2 singings I believe would help us on both side of the pitch as we will have some pace and creative players in the middle of the park that will be able to pick a pass to our attacking players. For far to long our two DM has just hoofed the ball up the park in hope and not one of them can play an attacking pass. I even think Mbemba has more key passes than our DM´s combined.
    This will allow us to play a little bit more the way McClaren wanted us to play in the beginning of the season playing out from the back. With Saivet and Shelvey this becomes possible as both are capable and more importantly comfortable in possession.
    I seen a fair bit of Saivet play and I think this might be the steel of the January transfer window. He is a complete footballer. He was seen as the next big thing when he was younger but for me he was never an out and out winger. He so very versatile and I think he has finally found his place. Pace to burn, dribbling skills but also very good defensively and I think box to box midfielder or dm is made for him. I would say he is a defensive version of gini if that makes sense.
    I think we need 2 more. LB is one we need. Never seen someone as afraid as Drummet to play a pass forward. When he receives the ball his whole body is always in a position where he is facing backwards. How can he even see what’s going on in front of him? His a cb and never will be a lb. Otherwise teams will do what they do and double mark Sissoko as they know all our attacks come from that side. Mbabu should start now down le left till we sort that side.
    Then its all about the strikers. The problem is who if Bernardino has his heart set on spurs? I actually think Mitro will come good in the second half but we need another striker. He is improving all the time and of late although he missed a couple his overall games has been impressive. He has been great at holding up the ball and linking the play with our attackers. Hopefully he will get more changes now that our CM has been addressed and I am backing him to score double figures in the second half of the season.

I see rhis as our possible formations going foward

Janmaat … Mbemba…. Colo…. Mbabu
    Colback
    Saivet Shelvey
    Sissoko Gini
    Mitro

Janmaat … Mbemba…. Colo…. Mbabu
    Saivet Shelvey
    Sissoko Gini Perez
    Mitro

• 75 robertsleftfoot // Jan 12, 2016 at 11:04 AM

I think the lad has the potential to be a good signing but I am not swinging from the lampshade just yet.

£12million seems very steep for a player who has a track record of spitting his dummy out pretty regular.

I hope I am wrong and the lad bucks his ideas up and learns to be the best he can be, we cant afford for him to sulk if he gets dropped the odd game or gets subbed.

previous post: Saivet – The Reasons I Chose Newcastle – A Club In Emergency