The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

This Talented Striker Could Be Fallback Option For Newcastle

3:56 pm, Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 119 Comments

Newcastle have been offered 26 year-old former AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato, who is now playing for Corinthians and certainly he is a talented player and a good striker, who has been on loan at Sao Paulo last season.

Of course, like anybody coming into the Premier League for the first time he may take time to adjust and it certainly would be better to bring in somebody with Premier League experience this month.

alexandre-pato-celeb-700

Alexandre Pato – Corinthians´ Brazilian striker

News this week that Mike Ashley has approved a record bid for 22 year-old English striker Saido Berahino, and he would be a very good signing for us, but Chelsea, Stoke and maybe still Spurs – are all interested.

Berahino was wanted by Steve McClaren in the summer, but Graham Carr´s first choice – Alexandre Mitrovic – was brought in for around £13M and has taken time to adjust to the Premier League.

If Newcastle cannot get Berahino in this week, then Loic Remy remains probably our best next option, although reports out of Russia yesterday had him close to signing for Spartak Moscow, but why he would want to move to Russia we have no idea.

Charlie Austin is gone, so he´s no longer an option after he signed on at Southampton for a low £4M.

Which brings us back to Plato, who while he was at AC Milan played 150 times with 63 goals and 8 assists.

Since he´s been at Corinthians (joined in 2013) he´s played 39 times with 12 goals and while on loan at Sao Paulo he´s scored 24 goals in 76 appearances for them and shown some excellent form.

If we cannot get Berahino or Remy into the club, then Plato may not be a bad choice.

Certainly he will be a lot cheaper than French International Alexandre Lacazette who also has no Premier league experience and if news reports are to be believed Newcastle have offered £25M to Lyon for him.

The best deal would be to get Plato in on loan for the rest of the season with an option to buy this summer, and he´s a lot cheaper then the Frenchman.

Then we could see how he plays, but the asking price seems to be around £10M for the Brazilian hit-man – and he would appear to be much better value than Lacazette.

What do you think?

119 responses so far ↓

• 1 toon kk // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM

More speculation.

• 2 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Ed, why do you start calling him Plato later in the article? Feeling philisophical?

• 3 lesh // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:05 PM

Let’s get the facts right – Plato plays for Corinthians while Pato was a philosopher.

And from the previous thread, BK (?) speculated that a Townsend loan would allow him and the club to assess one another before committing to a contract.

Some would say that’s like courtship and marriage – once you’re signed up all the magic disappears. Or so I’m told.

• 4 Goldmbemba // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM

I’d love Pato, but dont think itll happen.

• 5 Tsunki // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Pato Banton maybe.

• 6 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Lesh

I assume you reversed that on purpose? 😀

• 7 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Come Back, with me colour tee vee and me cee dee collection of bob marleeee

• 8 Goldmbemba // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:09 PM

RE: Townsend, Levy would probably put some clause in to say that if he played a number of games, we’d have to buy. So in order to see whether he;s any good for us, we’d end up having to buy.

Similar to what happened with Cabella, although i wish we’d had the chance to have him back. i think he couldve come good.

• 9 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:10 PM

We are more likely to sign a Potato

• 10 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:13 PM

roblee – from previous
    Haha bit hard to judge then really

• 11 G // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Who does this Potato bloke play for? Can’t find him on Opta?

• 12 B1GSTEVE // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:15 PM

If Plato is as good a player as his mate Socrates, he will be well worth getting.

• 13 Tsunki // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:15 PM

Ycmiu – 😀

• 14 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Pato couldnt handle the Italian league’s physicality how would he do in the PL realistically?

• 15 martoon // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:16 PM

My opinion is I think Townsend would be a good signing especially if we got him on loan to start so we could have a look at him – a new club might be just what he needs to revitalise his career. However I’m not so fussed on Berahino – I really don’t think he is worth the big bucks being talked about for him.

• 16 toon kk // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:17 PM

I don’t think a striker will be brought in in this transfer window, I’ll be very surprised if they do. Townsend will be our last deal if it comes off.

• 17 Belfast // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Think he typed this article while eating his sarnies

• 18 Tsunki // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Pato-toh-oh-oh-oh….

• 19 B1GSTEVE // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Was it berahino who didnt go to the under 1 euros last summer cos his agent advised him to concentrate on his club form ??

• 20 sparky55 // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM

I thought we had Rivi for that role? 🙂

• 21 Belfast // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Think his agent is just touting him around everywhere.

• 22 B1GSTEVE // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:20 PM

under 21

• 23 Belfast // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:22 PM

Think that was Tom Ince Steve.

• 24 Belfast // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:24 PM

Was about to say there wouldn’t be much entertainment at the under 1 euros unless you find baby’s in prams entertaining of course.

• 25 emperor // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Pato wouldnt come to newcastle lol.

If we cant get any strikers in, deadline day will see us linked to gameiro and erdinc

• 26 toon kk // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:27 PM

Martoon
    Bernahino would help supply pace and a much needed cutting edge to our team.
    But I do think all this striker talk is just speculation and we won’t get one.

• 27 B1GSTEVE // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Thanks belfast, just that would hve been a negative for him , for me.

• 28 AMEOBI // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:32 PM

WWSBRD

I do enjoy your posts bud.. But how do you get pato couldn’t handle serie a? If I remember correctly he was fantastic for ac Milan. The goal he scored in the champions league against Barcelona was brilliant. He’s a fantastic player. Would be a real purchase in this league in my opinion.

• 29 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Common a player like Pato would be wasted on McC.

I think we have to play it safe this window. It will be players like Townsend, Remy or Berahino.

• 30 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:38 PM

AMEOBI
    Why thank you haha I do aim to entertain

On Pato I purely mean the physicality he was constantly breaking down and could never get a run in the team (thats a big worry because AC have a amazing medical team and even they couldnt keep the kid fit and we have a pi$$ poor one)

• 31 AMEOBI // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:38 PM

I honestly think Pato would be a brilliant purchase he’s the perfect fit with someone like Mitrovic to partner. Classic finisher.

• 32 AMEOBI // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:40 PM

I get your point mate. Have a look at his record just had a look myself and it’s not bad, then again he did have robinho, Ronaldinho assisting him haha. Worth a gamble surely!

• 33 martoon // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:40 PM

toon kk @26 – You could be right but Townsend would also add pace as well as a supply line for our existing strikers especially Mitrovic.

• 34 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Personally, I’d prefer we go for Socrates or Archimedes.

• 35 Sazzer // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Pato have been offered around to every club it seems so I don’t think he’s likely to end up here but he’s with Mondial Sports so there is a possiblity.

Charnley loves making deals with this guy:

• 36 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I would recommend Nietzsche but apparently he gets quite itchy after a game or two.

• 37 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:56 PM

AMEOBI
    He is good when hes fit mate its just his injuries (I imagine is why he is being touted around to every club going) its a bit Carroll like the bloke just cant stay fit

• 38 cyprus // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Plato was never really a good footballer, just fancy footwork. And there are some concerns regarding his position on democracy. Finally, let’s remember, he was dead against technology (the new technology then was writing).

• 39 cyprus // Jan 19, 2016 at 4:59 PM

G2,
    On Socrates, same thing basically. It’s like Thauvin for Cabella.

• 40 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Cyprus

Dead against technology, and is now also simply dead, which has to be a disadvantage when it comes to playing pro-football. Tough thing to come back from, death.

• 41 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM

If we want a really tough defender how about this fella?

• 42 hibbitt // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM

just another show pony ………can he play LB????

• 43 Sazzer // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Interesting thing with Pato is that he has only missed 1 games since he left Milan according to transfermarkt.

• 44 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Fair enough cyprus mate. I can’t recommend Kant too strongly however. Sign him up Lee.

• 45 jayphoto // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM

@Jesper – think you underestimate McClaren. He had Bryan Ruiz playing out of his skin at twente. I actually think we play a lot slicker more european style than we did under Carver, Pardew, Hughton or Kinnear…
    McClaren (whilst being nowhere as good) seems to set us up in a very similar style to that which Simeone prefers, similar to galtier at st ettiene too
    Not sure how you take its so British
    we play out from the back
    we hardly cross
    We never play long.
    Gini, Perez and Sissoko interchange
    We have 2 CB’s who are under 182cm
    Not very british for me. Not saying we’re playing great but i don’t see it as typically english football

• 46 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:05 PM

There are advantages to being dead as well YCMIU mate. How much time on the trainer’s table is he likely to need? You can store him anywhere when travelling to away games. He’s very light on consumables as well. This might be a whole new breakthrough area for Ashley to look into…..

• 47 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Didn’t Monty Python have a Dead Philosophers Football Match at one point. If it’s good enough for them, it should be good enough for us. Harrumph….

• 48 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Hibbit mate, he mainly likes to play left behind…..Yo…

• 49 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Funny how all of the above are the strikers we are not getting nor even approached so could this be farce? Or just another bs story to keep is on our toes?

• 50 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:09 PM

G2

Yes i do remember monty pythons dead philosopher sketch vaguely. We should follow suit. Harrumph indeed.

I see Danny Graham is likely to leave the makems and go to blackburn…. damn,anoth fantastic striker we could have snapped up…… ???

• 51 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:09 PM

:p :p :p

• 52 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Also didn’t Pato suffer with fitness whilst at AC Milan?

I’m sure he couldn’t handle the Italian league so what makes you think he could handle the pressure of the premier league?

• 53 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:12 PM

This could definitely be a farce Nezza mate @49. Ashley is very good with farce and black comedy. His favourite actors are these 3 lads apparently.

• 54 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Pato had some angst with AC Nezza mate. And apparently he would natter on about shadows in caves etc….

• 55 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM

G2

I thought that was Mike, Lee and Carr lol they seem focused though so I doubt it’s them 🙂

• 56 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:17 PM

We should of snapped up Pato in his teenager years

• 57 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:19 PM

That reminds me. I should drop another ferret in Ashley’s bathtub at some point…..

• 58 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:21 PM

G2

What happened to the first ferret? Or shouldn’t I not of asked that lol

• 59 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:24 PM

That whole situation is still before the courts Nezza mate. I can’t comment on it at this time…..

• 60 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Jayphoto

Remember at the start when I stated about McClaren style of play that he will have the lads learning his style like he did at Twente and Derby ( utilising the wings whilst being creative and goals from the centre )?

It seems my employers were correct about his style.

• 61 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM

G2

Lo nee bother mate, let me know the verdict though

• 62 Sazzer // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:28 PM

NezzaNUFC
    He did suffer with injuries at A.C Milan but have been playing more or less 89 games in row since then.

• 63 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:28 PM

What’s with this whole 18th place situation anyway? Steve assured us we were a top 8 team. We need some comforting words of wisdom now. This has been a very nice story with Plato and everything Ed but we want real progress. We want more Belgian midget strikers. We want wins and that sort of thing. We want our old onion bag to bulge more often…..Harrumph…..

• 64 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM

I think Plato is a definite no then. I believe he prefers backgammon anyway…..

• 65 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:32 PM

Sazzer
    Whats the physicality like in the Brazilian league?

• 66 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:32 PM

Cheers sazzer, but when did these rumors arise and why Pato all of the sudden? Does anyone know his valuation and would he come to Newcastle?

• 67 dok - the horrid colonial // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:33 PM

G2,

if the player is dead, does that go towards our physio tally?

• 68 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Could we get a Wonga loan to pay for Berhino? I hear their interest rates are very appealing. I’ll mention it to Mike…….

• 69 NezzaNUFC // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:36 PM

WWS

It’s more paced than any other league, it’s rather like look at my skill rather than my team work but it does have some brilliant Brazilian players though

• 70 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Hmmm….. Excellent question dok mate. I’m sure Ashley is looking into it as we speak. What about retired players as well? Have we approached Pele yet? Leave no stone unturned Mike.

• 71 Tsunki // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:41 PM

G2 I wouldn’t go for Archimedes on Principle. I have a theorem about Pythagoras though…

Money Python did a Philosophers Drinking Song, I remember the line…

Renee DesCartes
    Was a drunken fart
    I drink, therefore
    I am.

• 72 Tsunki // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM

G2 that would be no headstone unturned by the look…

• 73 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Nezza
    Whats the tackling like though? They go in hard all over or is it more soft tackling unless its last ditch?

• 74 Rotonda heights // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM

This Pato rumour was blown out of the water 2 days ago.

• 75 Rotonda heights // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM

shame about tiote’s greed, no one else will offer 8M for him.

• 76 lukes26 // Jan 19, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Pato is the Brazilian version of Michael Owen..let west ham have him

• 77 Jib // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Modern Descartes

It’s a dodgy link therefore it’s spam

BOOM BOOM

• 78 LGFUAD21 // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:01 PM

45jayphoto

Agree 100%

I think you can split our season into 3 phases.

1) Looking up but a bit nervy. Some scrappy play as players bedded in and got used to Mcclaren’s style
    2) Freefall as results didnt come. Fear took voer and we collapsed after good 30 min periods of games.
    3) Unlucky/Unable to capitalise on chances.

Throughout all of it I have noted that players look more comfortable on the ball than before.

I think there are signs that Mcclaren is doing some good work on the training ground and I hope that West Ham and Shelveys performance in particular signal what he can do with this club if he is given time and support.

Progress has been slower than we’d like but I think it’s coming. Schteeve had to first break Pardew’s anti-football (effective at times, dull and impotent at others), change the philosophy as well as doing it while players are psychologically scarred from what has happened.

Momentum is a powerful thing. Leicester appear to have carried theirs from their good end last year.

Arsenal almost always start the next season well if they end strong.

ON PATO

I’ve always been sceptical of him. I believe he left AC because his confidence was shot and he was homesick.

Brazilians on the whole have a poor record of adapting to our league. I personally think the football culture of Brazil is not conducive to producing good team players which is what we need. Hence why they have a decent national team on paper but collapse at tournaments.

Not what we need IMO. Always thought he shouldve gone back to Serie A or even Spain and realised his potential.

• 79 LGFUAD21 // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM

WWSBRD

They go down like sacks of (you get the idea) in Brazil.

I wouldnt say “He couldnt handle the physicality of Serie A, therefore he couldnt handle the Prem”.

The Serie A has some crunching, nasty tackles going on. It’s more the pace but I persoanlly think there are pros and cons to either.

Play in the Prem you get used to doing a lot of running and scrapping.

Play in the Serie A and you have to learn to defend with your head (not literally necessarily, just its a mind game)

I remember Gary Neville talking about playing in the CL and having to sit back against some teams and he was saying it’s just as taxing if not more to do that than the constant chop and change of the Prem.

Anyone who watches Serie A seriously and pays close attention to team shapes its actually amazing to see how they work off the ball.

I think if you put an italian defender in the prem it’s not always the pace that catches them, it’s the lack of organisation relative to what they are used to. Premier league defenders have to play singularly at times.

Conversely, if you put an english defender in the Serie A you’d probably see that them struggle too. In fact we did with Micah Ricahrds and Ashley Cole (I know Cole was getting old but he was a youngun by Italian standards.

• 80 Sazzer // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:11 PM

NezzaNUFC
    He’s with the same agency as a lot of our french players Mondial Sports and the agency looking to find him a club in Premier League. He seem to be available for around £5-12m. However, he might struggle to get deal at bigger club given that he’s a gamble being away from the European scene for awhile and his history of injuries at Milan.

• 81 Bambams // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:13 PM

I thought this Pato fella was trouble, poor attitude and players did not want him in the team. Last thing we need, think there is interest from Chelsea according to the Web.

• 82 Sazzer // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:23 PM

WWSBRD
    Pato troubles in Milan was related to musclar problems and fatigue. He seem to have healed in Brazil and thus could be turn out to be fantastic signing for the club that takes the gamble.

I would happily take Pato and move Riviere who is also with Mondial.

Anyway, Pato is linked with everyone at moment so enough time spent on him.

• 83 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:25 PM

LGFUAD21
    Mate I dont watch either Serie A or the Brazilian league but surely if Pato was constantly breaking down in Italy Id assume, judging by what u said there about tackling, its quite likely it would be a similar story in the PL?

I wasnt mentioning pros and cons or either league haha

• 84 WWSBRD // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Sazzer
    Haha yeah true he isnt coming to NUFC lets be honest

On his injuries though AC have a ludicrously good medical team who can make glass into steel but they couldnt do anything for Pato which would be my main concern

• 85 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Think all this speculation about us signing other players is going to go out the window when Tiote doesn’t leave !!

• 86 lesh // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Maybe we should put a bid in for Charlie Austin!

Yes I know

• 87 welshgeordie9 // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:49 PM

So the club wants two players in before the weekends game at Watford, yeah right, the way things are at the moment with Townsend we will be lucky if we get one in, this one is dragging and quite frankly taking the piss.

• 88 Sazzer // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:50 PM

WWSBRD
    I think everyone is concern about than and the reason the guy struggles to get a club to take him.

• 89 welshgeordie9 // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Good news with tiote, hope he stays.

• 90 Sazzer // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:50 PM

that

• 91 welshgeordie9 // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Rather play Aarons and marveaux on the wings.

• 92 Thump // Jan 19, 2016 at 6:58 PM

RE: Tiote, I honestly don’t believe he’ll ever find the form we saw with Cabaye. The time is right for him to move imo, and if he thinks he’s worth £100k a week… he’s got another think coming.

And RE: Pato… nah, next.

• 93 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:01 PM

I’m just a little disappointed that Mike hasn’t invited me over to consult yet. I’ve got a lot more ideas to help him out. Not just loans from his buddies at Wonga to get top, top players. There’s also my idea to get some dead people into the organization. Not just philosophers either. Let’s get some dead poets. Our public relations people need help obviously. We need some new material for Steve as well. He can’t just count on being The Tufty One. No, I definitely need to see Mike in person and share some of my ideas. I’ll just wait by the phone……

• 94 faithinnewcastle // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Pato could do the business for us never understood how his career has gone the way it has quality player

• 95 welshgeordie9 // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM

I’ve noticed that Berahino is not in the west broms squad tonight, not even on the bench.

• 96 HarriboNo9 // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:03 PM

True

• 97 HarriboNo9 // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Berinho is in London hotel for medical sorry guys

• 98 hibbitt // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:04 PM

medical with who????

• 99 Thump // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:07 PM

@hibbitt: The implication is that it’s Spurs, but given that they’ve turned their attention to Ben Yedder, we’ll see.

• 100 Jib // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Tiote

May just not have fancied Shanghai.
    It’s horrible in the winter and the Chinese are funny f@ckers with Yánggu?zi (foreign devils) I was there working with a black friend and the staring and pointing got real tedious.

• 101 hibbitt // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:12 PM

thanks thump

• 102 Jib // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:17 PM

We’ve had players do medicals in the Smoke before.

• 103 Thump // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Just seen people on Twitter saying that the reason he’s left out tonight is because we didn’t want him cup tied if he came here.

If some people had brains, they’d be fscking dangerous.

• 104 optimistic prime // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Saido is Ill according to the commentator on the WBA match

• 105 SPRINGY // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:35 PM

thump
    hahahahaha…….eejits!

• 106 belgrade fan // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:36 PM

soccer souce says Berahino is our player

• 107 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Another story/rumour
    BBC Radio 5 live reckon Berahino did not travel because he is ill

• 108 archaeomag // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:48 PM

@ Thump
    Nice
    It’s as good as “can Shelvey play against Swansea ?”

• 109 Jib // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Spurs make £23m offer for Jackson Martinez

Spurs have placed a £23m bid for Colombian international striker Jackson Martinez, according to reports in Spain today.

I think we may have secured Saido Berahino

😀

• 110 jazzyp // Jan 19, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Few pointing out that Berahino is not in the #WBA squad tonight. This is what we mean when tomorrow is a big day! #NUFC

• 111 jazzyp // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:02 PM

So everyone, based on what you had thought the window was going to be like pre January 2nd to now, how do you think we have done in this window so far? 2 signings to bulk up the core of the team and potentially 2 English players coming in this week. Happy? Shocked? Still not satisfied?

• 112 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM

A lot of you have been posting me to tell me that the idea of a Wonga loan to buy a top, top player is brilliant. And now you want a specific example…. Hmmmm. All right then. Say we buy Berahino for 15M using a Wonga loan. Now with a term of 5 years….. that should be a cost to the club of no more than 200M pounds! Incredibly easy way to do business Mike!!!

• 113 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:05 PM

It’s so good to have a company like Wonga on board with us…..

• 114 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:07 PM

The magic of easy loans……

• 115 Jib // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:13 PM

When Geordie 2 tries to engage the blog.

I’m reminded of the words of Groucho Marx when Sam Goldwyn invited him to a game of golf.
    Groucho replied – ” If I wanted to play with a pr!ck I’d play with my own “

• 116 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:16 PM

I think the trick is the incredibly easy payment terms. Just drop off that envelope each week with the 800,000 pound payment at the friendly Wonga shop near you Mike….

• 117 Our Toon // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Berahino is ill, think to many are reading into him coming here, one thing that is a concern or will be a concern….is just how long will he be happy here before he upsets the apple cart?

I like him as a player but his attitude just stinks

• 118 GeordieTwo // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Now, a Wonga loan isn’t right for everyone but for Mike it’s perfect. He should get all of his personal loans there as well. Come on Mike, support the company that we’re so proud to have on board at the club!!!

• 119 2 goals 1 cup // Jan 19, 2016 at 8:43 PM

its been clear all season where newcastle have been lacking and thats centre mid and a good left attacking fullback we got jon jo now whos got the quality we been lacking now get the fullback we need and if were going to get a forward or winger in we should loan them until the end of the season instead of panic buying

previous post: Newcastle Midfielder Wage Demands Are Stumbling Block