Newcastle Midfielder Gives Injury Update

Siem de Jong has tweeted an injury update, after he badly damaged his eye in training last Wednesday and could have even lost the sight in that eye.

He is still not allowed to train yet.

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Oh what a shock from sicknote!!!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Mark…it’s not like McC is using him anyway

• juan

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Give the lad a break I’m sure he didn’t want to be injured

• Thump

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:19 PM

@chancel: I think you can forgive a player who had a contact lens rip into his eye.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Just ne luck for siem

• Jan Stavik

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Unfortunately, he’s too slow for EPL.
    We should try to use him in a deal to bring in some Dutch talent, I’m sure he’s still a big name over there.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Siem is a bit wasted on McC I think…sadly!

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Thump:
    Ok this current injury is a freak accident but the lad has had more injuries than Darren Anderton since he came to SJP

• G

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:23 PM

I wouldnt start calling him Marcelino just yet Chancel. I still think he is going to come good. The lad has been unlucky, nothing more.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Jan…I can name plenty of players who was never fast but were a success in the PL!

• jazzyp

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:26 PM

God bless the bionic man…..Injury after injury

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Plus looking at our current set up I fail to see where Siem will fit in

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:28 PM

The only position he fits in is where gini is playing and he’s no where near as good, offloading siem would be best for both parties

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Eaststandgeordie

Good idea, Swap Siem for that Fischer kid that Hail Wor was on about earlier

• Belfast

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM

He’s not good enough to get in our team Jesper, so he’s not that great.

• Munster Mag

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Jesper he is not wasted on smc. He is slow and injury prone. The first time i saw him for nufc i cudnt believe how off the pace he was. If u know so much, where wud u play him, and instead of who?

• optimistic prime

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Spoof

I’d agree with that.

Chancel

I wouldn’t drop Mitro, I think what he gives the team is more than Perez.
    I think Mitro will start hitting the net very soon, we’ll start making a lot more chances than we have previously.

I’d like Berahinio but I don’t think anyone mentioned would be much use other than him or Remy. I’d like a striker but don’t think we’re desperate, I’ve said loads our biggest problem was we’re piss poor in CM, now that’s changed I’m more comfortable with the squad.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Chancel

If anyone will have him that is, I’m sure he will get a good offer in Holland maybe him and p diddy could go together.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:36 PM

At this stage we’d be wise to see if Ajax want him back. Sure they’d jump at the chance to sign their former captain.

De Jong family aren’t made for this club.

• Jan Stavik

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:37 PM

For sure, Jesper – but deJong does not have extreme qualities to compensate for the lack of tempo. His touch is not good, he seem stressed when on the ball, and he’s not really suited for the counter attack style NUFC seem to want to play. The injuries must have damaged him, he’s not the player he used to be… He’s so poor these days that I’d rather play some youngster from the u21s, at least you’ll get energy and young spirit from them.

• Jib

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Hovsa !!!!
    Jesper er løbet væk

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Hail

De jongs are not made for this league.

• Jack Root

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:38 PM

He’s got something. Problem is he’s never fit for very long to have a run of games. Ball retention is excellent and he brings others into play.
    You can hardly blame McClaren.

• Jack Root

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:40 PM

I sense that Winaldum will be playing in his preferred position.

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:41 PM

you are right Jack Root and he’s much better there than on the left

• geordie157

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Don’t bother with Townsend, go get narsingh and offer de jong as part of the deal.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Gini as number 10 is the best thing for us and he will get a load more goals just needs to start scoring away from home, top player.

• Jan Stavik

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM

He’s probably on 50k+ a week, there is no way Ajax can afford that. A loan might be a good idea, we’re anyway paying the salary for some years to come.

• Belfast

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:53 PM

You’re flogging a dead horse jesper. He’s like Robocop with no batteries.

Get a fee while you still can.

• King Colback

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:53 PM

JFA with a face like a half eaten mango

• optimistic prime

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:55 PM

SDJ must have something to offer.
    It won’t be his body to science but he’s a talented lad, he must be able to adapt his game.

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Saivet converted to dm from winger so surely De Jong can do same

• carl

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Jasper- What are you on about yeez need to face facts. Sorry if he was a boyhood hero of yeez. If yee are looking fa sympathy, radgie gadgie, you’ll find it in the dictionary between “shit” and “syphilis”.
    My brother in law in Wales says that Laudrup was always playing away and not in the football sense. It was common knowledge. Who do you think he took to Paris.

• Jib

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:00 PM

King Colback

JFA with a face like a half eaten mango

Ha ha ha
    The phantom poster’s back

• Jib

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

• lochinvar

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Alexandre Pato has reached a verbal agreement with Chelsea, according to reports in Brazil ( sky sports )

So Berahino is off their shopping list and Remy won’t get games – so there are options out there

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM

That Demari Gray looks a decent winger

• optimistic prime

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:10 PM

What’s Remy valued at?

• Sroka

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Certainly bad luck has haunted De Wrong Un since he joined. He does have some quality (lovely cushioned volley goal in the tail of last season springs to mind), and his lack of pace is offset by a good footballing brain, as you dont captain Ajax without it. Saying that, he really took the piss missing that sitter against Villa that would have got us 3 points, even Anita could’ve scored. I’ll put it down to low confidence and lack of match practice. I wouldnt sell him just yet, let him fight for his place – its nice to have a bench with players like him warming it.

• mattyNUFC

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:20 PM

I can’t believe there are people still saying he will come good. He’s a slow and s*** footballer. Sure he’s a nice guy but doesnt win is points. And I fail horribly in the sympathy department when he’s making 40-50k a week. Along with goofy, dummet, tiote and possibly rivière (not counting obertan as his stats are still better than our purported target Townsend), siem is one we can’t get rid of quickly enough