The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Move Up In Deloitte Money League

7:01 am, Thursday, January 21st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 15 Comments

The 2016 Deloitte Football Money League has just been published and it measures a club´s total revenues for the 2014/15 season, and they include revenues from match-day, broadcast rights and commercial sources.

Real Madrid are top of the league for the 11th year in a row, generating £439M, and Newcastle are in 17th place with £128.8M, up from £123.8M in the previous year, an increase of 4%.

Sunderland are at number 25 in the rankings.

nufc emblem

Last year Newcastle were  19th in this league so we moved up a couple of places.

The Premier League is starting to dominate the table with 17 clubs of the top 30 revenue generating clubs all in the Premier League.

And with the new £5B Premier League deal starting in June the number of PL clubs in the top 30 are likely to increase if anything.

Here are the top 20 football clubs in the world earning the most revenue.

Tags: Financial Fair Play · Financials · Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League

15 responses so far ↓

• 1 expatmag // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:09 AM

Firebug

A few anomolies in the Sun/ Daily Mirror article.

Firstly, why would Spurs offer 25 million, have it rejected only to follow up with a 16.2 mullion offer?

Secondly, it was reported less than a week ago that NUFC had tabled an offer of 18 million in the summer, subsequently rejected but NUFC advised last week that this offer remains on the table. Do why would they accept 3 million less?

Lazy lying clueless journalists

• 2 firebug666 // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:16 AM

expat

All journalists are lazy.

On your first point mate, Spurs second offer is not less, they are offering a deal with £16.5m up front.

On the second point. It was also reported that Newcastle have not yet made any bids for Berahino.

As we all know most of what you read in the press is made up rubbish as none of them have any inside track on these deals especially with Newcastle who pride themselves on saying sweet fa to anyone.

• 3 firebug666 // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:18 AM

£16.2m up front*

• 4 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:24 AM

I read a few comments last night from some of you guys and I have to say you need to stop drinking on a Wednesday night

…especially you Carl!

I’ll let you on a little secret. I’ll suspect much people could do a job at Newcastle with the amount we are spending. Don’t confuse this with McC being a good manager.

It amazes me with his experience from abroad that he still doesn’t know the difference between continental football (or even total football) and English football. He is very much so English in the way he set up his football and the types of players he like.

And it’s really sad to see the treatment Siem is getting. He is totally wasted on this club like so many players before him.

I hope McC gets Townsend it’s just the kind of player we deserve.

• 5 Lilongwe Geordie // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Aston Villa apparently in talks with Vidic. As a 6 month stop gap till the end of the season I wouldn’t mind us looking to get him in.

• 6 hibbitt // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:39 AM

jesper
    we are an English club playing in a English city in a English league you seem to be having ago at the English not the football we all know Mc is not the answer but you seem more concerned that he’s English……………..on siem he’s never been fit enough to judge

• 7 will die for the toon army // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:39 AM

I done with the Townsend and Berahino story.

Bring on Watford

• 8 will die for the toon army // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:40 AM

Is the press conference today or tommorrow

• 9 cyprus // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:41 AM

So we is rich. And judging from that list, we should be challenging for honours. If we survive this season I am confident it’s onwards and upwards.

Interesting that Swansea’s elite want out. A few months ago we were talking enviously about their good management!

• 10 Spoof // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:41 AM

• 11 Spoof // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:42 AM

He is in my opinion the best full back we have

• 12 hibbitt // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:43 AM

cyprus
    hope your not classing GoMiss as elite ???

• 13 firebug666 // Jan 21, 2016 at 7:52 AM

cyprus

I agree mate, strange that a few signings have changed the mindset even though we are still in relegation trouble.

There is a belief creeping in that feels good and gives us hope for the future and few believe that we will now go down.

I have not changed my opinion of Ashley, but I do believe we are on the right tracks now and looking at other clubs where once we drooled over their signings, we are now aiming higher.

It’s a slow process, and we have had nine years of demoralization, and getting kicked in the teeth in every window, but changes seem to be happening that make these next few years worth watching.

• 14 Mag52 // Jan 21, 2016 at 8:02 AM

Firebug.

You dear old optimist you.
    I tend to agree with Jail who sees the present spending as a desperation measure to save us from relegation, and, if that is achieved, back we go to the same old same old with big Mike.

• 15 firebug666 // Jan 21, 2016 at 8:16 AM

Mag52

I was saying very similar yesterday, My opinion has not changed, but I was talking generally in my post above that the mindset has changed.

I don’t think we will now go down, because we have enough to be better than other teams and I think we will save ourselves.

Ashley on the other hand is money orientated, he will do anything for a quick profit, I said yesterday that these signings may have to last us for a few years (as they have in the past) without new recruits coming in,

All we can do is wait and see.

previous post: Swansea Striker Wants To Join Newcastle