More Injury Woe For Newcastle

Newcastle sustain more injuries than any other Premier League club and the proof of that is on the Injury League and the Physioroom.com sites Newcastle are always top of those leagues.

Steve McClaren has revealed today that both Jack Colback and Paul Dummett are struggling with slight hamstring problems, so it’s a good question as to who will play at left back tomorrow at Vicarage Road.

And more news today that our young 18 year-old striker Ivan Toney has injured his ankle in training this week and will be out for three months.

Ivan Toney +Newcastle+United+v+Northampton+9yWMPD5HYtSl

Ivan Toney – out for three months with ankle injury

Ivan was doing well when he was recalled form his loan spell at Barnsley after Papiss Cisse injured his knee and he has so far made three appearances form the first team.

Ivan is now on crutches with ankle ligament damage and this is what he has said on Newcastle’s web-site:

“I went up for a header and landed badly.” “At that moment it felt very painful, then the pain started to go down but I had a scan and it will keep me out for up to 12 weeks.”

“But I can only come back stronger and the hard work starts now.” “It happens – that’s football, you have your ups and downs. I’ve just got to come back fighting again.”

“That’s obviously a good sign, getting recalled from loan – not just because of injuries but also because I was doing well.”

“But unfortunately this has happened, so I’ve just got to start the road to recovery and hopefully the head coach will keep seeing what he was seeing in me and keeps putting me on.”

Ivan’s attitude is first class and it’s just a pity he is injured, as he has looked a good prospect for us in the future.

Here’s the current Premier League injuries on Physioroom.com with Newcastle at the top with six injuries currently.

Here’s the current Injury League with one point given each time a player misses one Premier League game – with Newcastle again on top.

Injury League Table updated 20th January 2016

Why we get so many injuries every season is a good question – but the reason isn’t just bad luck.

• Harley

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Noooooooo!!!!!! Ivan Toneys out?!

What are we going to do now?

• lesh

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:44 AM

Harley

No fear bonny lad, Charnley’s got Ronaldo lined up with Messi as a fall back.

• banjax

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:47 AM

£7m for a 30 year old striker Gomis who isn’t holding down a regular first team place – na – sorry total baloney. Meanwhile in the real world let’s hope that we can get Remy or Berainho and Townsend in soon and even possibly a quality defender as a much needed bonus.

• toontaff2

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:47 AM

Cry me a Riviere!
    We could bring back Arma of loan to join Willo and Toney and Saylor in the physio room.

• toontaff2

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:48 AM

off
    posting on this site is tough!

• VanToonMan

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Repost: Doesn’t fit the NUFC blueprint at all so cannot see it happening (and thank goodness for that).

We need pacy bellamy-type striker who can finish. How is kevin gameiro doing?

There has to be a few that fit the mould on the continent If we are willing to spend big money then why not on Hulk? A couple years older but top quality and left footed

• hibbitt

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Tony was going out on loan next week for a month to get some game time…… benton is like a war zone so many injuries

• expatmag

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Fcuking laughable

The whole club

• Whumpie

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:53 AM

How long before we sort out our injury problem?? Not only do we top the table every year but as soon as a player returns from loan they get crocked. Something is very wrong!

• AncientC

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Just when you think we have finally seen the last of Carl Cort, Nile Ranger, Ameobis’ we end up with another beanpole forward who isn’t up to much.

• why oh why

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Has anyone heard anything on Townsend apart from levy being an arse

• lesh

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:01 AM

Hope I’m wrong but I guess we’re not buying anyone else this window – Charnley’s probably prioritising sales – after all, he’s got to show Ashley what a clever boy he is.

• lochinvar

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Will somebody please cut the grass – it’s clearly far too long and is dangerous to players health .

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Why is Toney even at the club and not out on loan?

• lesh

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM

McClaren likes Rivierre now does he?

He’s probably been told to play him so Charnley can be convinced that we really do need to buy a striker…. and a LB, oh and a CB.

How many more points are the clowns willing to risk before they bite the bullet and do what needs to be done?

That lines drawing ever closer – as is relegation!

• lesh

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Chancel, it’s time for another birthday – we need a couple of wins.

• Laurent Robert 32

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I was briefly taking to a West Brom fan yesterday and when I asked them about Berahino, they said they couldn’t wait to get rid of him and were amazed at the high price of £18m + which has been mentioned.

Different fans have different views, but that is a Baggies fan on this occasion.

• Laurent Robert 32

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM

*talking

• hibbitt

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM

the only time we haven’t been overrun with training ground injuries was when we trained at maiden castle durham ….. what is the problem with benton

• Spoof

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM

LR32

I wouldn’t make any judgements based on a fans view, just look at us, some would gladly see the back of Sissoko believing him to be heartless where as others feel he is vital for us, we have had and still do have the same differences of opinion on HBA, Marveaux, Thauvin and so on, so what any particular West Brom fan feels is more me meaningless, nothing against your m8 mind, but it is all about opinion and I wouldn’t take any notice of a fans view especially when they are so varied

• WestOzMag

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Not exactly an impact player so no loss

• hibbitt

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:33 AM

fans opinions tend to change if they think the player is trying to screw the club just wonder what his opinion was when he was playing ever week and scoring ……just got to look how this site blows hot and cold…….that’s what fans do

• jazzyp

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Is it black Friday or Friday the 13th lads or am I having a bad dream ??
    Gomis pleaseeeeeeeee no no no no no. And as for having to rely on Riviere , All I can say is we are heading for the championship guys with him at the helm.

Dave king cleared of any wrong doing against Ashley !! interesting

• Jib

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Berahino is over his stomach bug and in West Brom’s squad for their derby against Villa (which could end up a bloodbath btw )

• sparky55

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM

no…just a normal friday in the freaky world of NUFC

• Jib

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM

has been cleared by the High Court of committing contempt of court over his dealings with Sports Direct owner Mike Ashley.

NOT of any wrongdoing

• toon kk

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Shame about Ivan, I’m not sure how we’ll manage without him!!!!!
    As for Gomis he’s exactly the type of player our inapt board would go for.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:01 AM

inept even

• Reyantoon

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Today’s winner of the Internet is YOU.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM

JazzyP

Barring injuries, which is always doubtful with our medical and fitness jokers, anyone coming in now would probably disrupt what is potentially our best front 6 for a long time, with Aarons, Thauvin and even Riviere, Cisse and Arma all waiting in the wings.

Don’t see anything to be gained whatsoever in Townsend. A Saido Berahino, without the attitude, who actually genuinely wanted to come here and was a bit more prolific than 1 in 4 and was 15M then absolutely.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Was hoping to hear more about Sandro ramirez. If Pochettino wants him and wants Townsend gone I knew whose judgement I’d take.

• Rotonda heights

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:13 AM

spoof

fair point there.

• Munster Mag

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Rotunda, I got a good laugh when you referred to your fav coach ever as “the unmentionable one” . V funny. Not sure who they are playing tomorrow but probably another loss. You see I dont love the man! No more mentiones of the unmentionable. I thought the football last weekend was sublime. Havent seen us play like that in ages. Charlie Nicholas on Sky was raving about us.

• Assam Toon

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM

Hi. I am a NUFC fan from Assam, India since 1998. It has been my lifelong dream to visit St James Park. It so happens that my office is sending me to London late February. I extended my stay till Sunday instead of Friday with the hope of visiting Newcastle for the Man City game on Saturday. While doing so I had to agree to bear all costs for the extra days. Given our poor Indian rupee everything from train ticket, hotel stay, match ticket now seems very costly, everything running into thousands of rupees. Now I DONT need any money from any of you, I will walk from London if I have to. But I have a wife and a 10 month old kid to take care of, bills and loans to pay. It would help if I could save some money along the way. So I request you to help your toon brother with some advice about travel, accomodation etc. Just send a mail to me (raktim.sharma@gmail.com) and spare some of your time as I will seek your advice on some simple things like how to travel, where to stay, how to get match tickets etc. Your time and advice can help me fulfill the my dream and see the love of my life.
    I am coming home Newcastle!

• jazzyp

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:20 AM

Rotonda

Sorry mate I don’t give us much hope if we are going to be relying on forwards of the calibre of Riviere.
    He offered nothing in his first stint in the team that gave me any confidence of him turning his fortunes around.
    You keep banging on about Townsend being a bad signing and with justification. But Riviere is as bad .

Cisse doesn’t give a toss about the club any more which is for all to see when he actually is fit. So take out a misfiring Mitro………Who is there ??

• geordie157

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Steve Harper to Sunderland….guess I’d forgive him for that move if it happens.

Hope he returns as a coach one day!

• emperor

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:24 AM

I dont want Remy, he has rejected us too many times. sees us as a last option, and just like last time he was here he will fake an injury so he can go to the euros.

• jazzyp

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Assam

The match is on a sunday mate on Sky tv

• BandB

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Jib

But he has been cleared of contempt of court, which was the issue.
    What has he not been cleared of regarding the contempt of court case brought by Ashley?
    A case the judge call an abuse of legal process that should never have been brought.

• martoon

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:32 AM

Assam general advice the earlier you book your train ticket online the cheaper it will be especially if you avoid peak times. Accommodation you can get a family room in a travel lodge or premier inn for a reasonable price. There are several around Newcastle and can be booked online.