This Is The Result Fans Expect At Watford

Let’s hope the Newcastle fans are right because over 70% of fans think we can win the game at Watford today.

steve mcclaren at watford 1-0

Steve McClaren – Newcastle manager

And of course if we are to pull away from the relegation zone soon, and it seems manager Steve McClaren is not convinced of that – it’s wins that we need.

A win would be absolutely terrific today

How Will Newcastle Fare At Watford?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• toonbrother

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:11 PM

An away win with colocinni in the side? lol fans are deluded
    Deeney & Ighalo will have him for breakfast

• LGFUAD21

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM

Bas on the last thread.

I wonder what the effect would be if this blog only allowed you to post anonymously.

Far to many people on here more interested in slagging eachother off rather than discussing football

• LGFUAD21

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Don’t feed the troll guys

• check the toastie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:17 PM

false hope rather than expectation…..

need a win badly but no left back is a big problem, dummetts done canny lately.

will concede a headed goal no doubt, toonbrother maybe gloating today is my prediction….

• cyprus

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:21 PM

No fan should gloat when his team loses. FFS.

Anyway, this is a 6 pointer. Those in the low 30s could get dragged into it.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:22 PM

lgfuad

Yeh it’s so annoying, far too many people on here would rather argue and issue rubbish than actually discuss football.

If somebody has a different opinion they just abuse them instead of actually discussing their points.

It’s why I post less now, same for a few others on here I presume.

• Jib

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Last season Villa survived with 38 points and would have survived with 36.

We currently have 21 with 16 games (48 points) to play for.

Of course we’ll survive .

In fact if we went a winning run that this squad is more than capable of achieving , depending on the cup finals , we could be pushing for Europe!

• TikiTakaAcca

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Saivet will play LB today.
    He used to play LM for Bordeaux & then he moved to DM.
    Seems the obvious choice.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Will today’s “dilemma” at left back bring it home to McClaren that priority one is a quality LB & a solid CB.This is much more important than £10/14M spend on Townsend & on a par with getting a quality striker.

• JamesToon

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:25 PM

TS

totally agree mate

• Transfer Sage

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:25 PM

We are playing better stuff, Watford lost their last 4 in the league, scoring very few goals not as well.

We have every chance today of taking 3 points.

I’m no Ashley fan, but he has bought some good players and spent some money this season. Granted it should have been done sooner but we are improving the team.

Hopefully it is the start of something new and lasting. In my eyes, especially if we get another 1 or 2 in I have no issue with giving him the summer window to show what McClaren suggested of building a squad after 3 windows,

• Pitmatic

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:26 PM

All things considered, a point away from home would be a decent result today. Watford are in a rut, and may yet get dragged into the relegation battle. It’s important we don’t concede them the win, as this would push them very close to safety.

As with the rest of our remaining fixtures, we’ll have to attack and go for the win from the off. But if the scores are level late on, I don’t think this is a game to be risking everything in pursuit of all three points.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Jib

I think we will survive after recent signings and form, finally getting out of first gear.

I think Europe is too much, just too much traffic to get through in my opinion.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:27 PM

JIB you are deluded. We need to strengthen at the back in this injury prone squad as suspensions could also play a big part. Yes we have the quality to get out of it but we are still in a relegation battle.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Jeff…why set yourself up for more disappointment? Do you want us to recommend another blog for you and Carl?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Carl…do you need an explanation for that as well 😉

• angelswithdirtyfaces

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Jeff

“whcich have cost us.”
    “aware if his shortcomings ”
    “I woudn’t”
    “Pardew quatation”
    “half a seasonn”

I wouldn’t be so self righteous Jeff if I made as many errors as you do.
    Pure hypocrisy as usual.
    I’d back my primary kids intelligence over you any time.
    Didn’t your teacher call you the village idiot ?

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Why wait till the summer for Willems. If he is the the full back we want then get him signed NOW. We need him NOW!

• toon kk

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Saylor back in the team today according to SSN

• yorkshire_magpie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:38 PM

I’d play Mbabu at LB. He had an amazing game there against Chelsea earlier on in the season.

• LGFUAD21

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:38 PM

West lancs

Willemstad is still not fit so he’d be of little use now.

• Sliema

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Yorkshire

Mbabu is injured mate. Would’ve loved to have seen more of him too.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Anyhow I reckon Tom Ince would be a better signing than Townsend if we are looking to build on our English player count. At least he’s fit & playing well. He has premiership experience , he’s quick, skilful & can score goals.

• Pitmatic

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Jib

Didn’t West Ham go down with 42 points one year? I think this season might see something similar. All the teams around us – bar Villa perhaps – look capable of picking up points. You used to be able to rely on the big six handing out regular thrashings to relegation rivals, but that’s no longer the case, so all will likely find unexpected wins.

I was highly optimistic of a European finish at the start of the season, and have the betting slips to prove it, but that is really going some… We’re more likely to win the FA Cup now I reckon.

• Transfer Sage

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Yorkshire

Mbabu is injured I believe,

West Lancs

Would be worth trying to get him, you never know his club may not want to let him go in the middle of a season.

• anthc

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:41 PM

I think we have a good chance of getting something today we should’ve of beat them comfortably in the cup.
    Is aarons fit? He could be the lb solution albeit he might not last the whole game.
    Colo still getting jip I see, the blokes done well the last few games so think he deserves a little slack. I’m going for a win margin of a goal 1-0 or 2-1 to us here’s hoping anyway!

• LGFUAD21

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:42 PM

I don’t think Steve is being negative with his comments about going to the wire.

I think he’s speaking sense. We’re seeing how easily some teams could be dragged into it. But it als works the same the other way.

I think if we can win today and then take 4 points over the next two games we should be in good stead to start pulling away with the momentum that gives us.

The problem is as Steve has said. We’ve had way too many false starts.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Toon KK I wonder how long Saylor will be back for. Two or three games at most I bet before he’s back on long term sick! What’s the format today then three CBs & two wing backs. Hope the “new” system works

• Tinman

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Disgusting abuse of Harper by some fans. Need to get a grip.

Just got off the phone to McClaren, team is –

Elliott
    Janmaat, Lascelles, Colo, Mbemba
    Saivet, Shelvey
    Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez
    Mitrovic

So you can stop arguing now

• Jib

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Obviously West Lancs folk are dimmer than most.
    (Looks across the room – catches WLG’s eye – and points to tongue in cheek)

Unfortunately jesper is a lost cause

Angels
    pointing out my genuine typo’s to defend your shocking grammar is pitiful.

• LGFUAD21

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Pit

I think villa are already gone.

Sunderland severely lack quality. I think they’ll be lucky to escape it. Hopefully we can beat them next time out and really knock em back. We always seem to give em a little spark.

I think the 3rd spot is all to play for between us, Norwich, swansea and Bournemouth if they start getting unlucky.

• optimistic prime

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I’m still confident of a win despite the distractions of the dishonest.

Mitro hatrick 4-1 to us

• Jib

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Even as we speak
    André Marriner is riffling through a sheaf of Toon player fotos deciding which one to red card.

• LGFUAD21

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:47 PM

For me. 3 at the back would be the best option.

Is Aarons injured otherwise I’d play him as lwb and janmaat at rwb

Is that’s not possible I think Mbemba seems the logical option at lb. he’s got the pace and did alright at rb earlier in the season.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:48 PM

TS Yeah it’s probably European commitments. I think also the lad at Hull Robertson may be worth a punt. We definitely need more FB cover. Even Debuchy short term but he’s a RB. We can’t risk not bringing in some defensive cover in view of all the injuries we keep getting.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Yes Jeff…it’s definitely not you whom is the problem 😉

• West Lancs Geordie

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:53 PM

JIB Sorry to say I m just a realist & don’t get carried away with one win despite them playing extremely well first half last week. There is still an awful lot of hard work ahead before we are over the line. Remember this is NUFC (Jeckyl & Hyde Utd) we are discussing

• Pitmatic

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Depending on how he fares coming back from injury, Danny Welbeck could be a good option for us in the summer. If Arsenal spend big money on a new striker, he’d effectively be pushed down to fifth choice for them. Would be an alternative to Mitrovic in the central position, but also plays LM or left of a front three. If we’re going to spend £20m on an England international, I think he’d be a far better fit than Berahino.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:56 PM

2 -1 win for the Toon – brace by Mitrovich is my prediction.

Carl and Jib biting like hungry sharks – dangle a morsel of a bait and whoosh hooked straight away.

Carl what is your relationship to that wum -“finkler” who appeared on here sometime ago – he also liked to use the phrase “Boys from Brazil”.
    A short answer will do – not half a page.

• Lindisfarne