Excited Townsend – Newcastle The Only Club I Wanted To Join

It looks like Andros Townsend will be a Newcastle player within 24 hours as he has given an interview with Sky Sports and Newcastle fans are just going to love this guy – he has said he only ever wanted to join Newcastle once he heard the famous north-east club wanted him.

andros-townsend-goal-celebration-spurs_3022077

Andros Townsend – a Newcastle player within 24 hours

Andros has given his first interview since he has agreed to join Newcastle United and this is what he said to Sky Sports:

“As soon as I knew of Newcastle’s interest, they were the only club I wanted to join.” “I can’t wait to play my first game at St James’s Park.!”

“Two of the best positions you can play in football are center-forward and left-wing at Newcastle.!”

“I’ve got the chance – I could never turn that down.!”  “I can’t wait to play my first game at St James’s Park. I’m excited!”

A fee  has been agreed between Spurs and Newcastle and it seems it’s an initial £10.5M then bonuses that could bring the fee up to £12M.

It also looks like terms have been agreed and Andros will be on Tyneside tomorrow and the deal is expected to complete within 24 hours once he successfully completes his medical.

Andros has a fantastic chance to become a hero on Tyneside, because if he can come in and play well for us and help us survive this season – then he will be a real hero on Tyneside.

This is a great signing – assuming it goes through – and Lee Charnley and the recruitment team deserve great  credit in difficult circumstances for getting this one over the line.

Now to get a top striker through the door.

• Mackems are from MORDOR!

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Now need the striker sorted please!!!

• yorkshire_magpie

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:23 PM

First Comment Haha

• yorkshire_magpie

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Looks like Shteve has offered him an centre forward role

• will die for the toon army

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:28 PM

Remy and we r done.

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Remy and Townsend aren’t enough. We need Guerriero and Grenier to stay up and possibly a back up wing back.

• mindshaft

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:29 PM

To be fair it looks like Ashley is delivering on his promise to make money available – now if only he would sack Schteve and hire a decent manager

• Toonfan8

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:29 PM

we need him, but we need Dummett and Mbabu available more, someone who can play LB position…my team for Everton game
    janmaat,mbemba,lascelles,dummett
    …………..shelvey…..colback………….
    sissoko……..wijnaldum…….townsend
    ………………..mitrovic……………………..
    ……………………………………………………
    bring also Remy on loan and Lacazette and maybee we will play premier league football next season…

• will die for the toon army

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM

…………Elliott
    Janmatt…Mbemba…Colo…..Dummett
    ………Shelvey….Colback
    Sissoko…..Wijnaldum…….Townsend
    …………..Remy

• SPRINGY

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM

yorkshire
    lft wing i think mate…but will be interesting if we dont sign a striker tho, coz then you may be right

• The overrated Frenchman

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:32 PM

For those if you like me who think this is a dreadful signing, I’ll offer you a silver lining. I doubt that Carr has got his usual wedge, and he’s probably apoplectic with rage. Hold that thought.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Read that as “of you”

• ilovetoon8788

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:34 PM

ye. ashley has really delivered by opening up the purse strings. but Carr & Charnley have to take the brunt of blame if we are still relegated because we bought rubbish players like Thauvin for 12m and Mitrovic all whom haven’t deliver. And mclaren with his rubbish tactics.

• Ketsbaia9

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:34 PM

We need to sell these players this window:

Colback – £8m
    Dummett – £8m
    Williamson – £500k
    Gouffran – £1.5m
    Obertan – £3m
    Tiote – £5m

Total = £26m

• chewbaccy

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Is this this the last throw of the dice,
    if it is we are sunk

• will die for the toon army

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Remy, Berahino and Lacazate who will jst bury the chances

• WWSBRD

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:37 PM

I am looking forward to seeing him in black and white tbh

• SPRINGY

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM

kets
    dont sell anyone this window we might need them during the run in

• expatmag

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Dear dear me Ketsbsia

You are surely a numpty

• Average_Contents

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Well, I didn’t particularly want alien heed mark 2 here. But if he does come then good luck to the lad and let’s hope he plays blinders to get us outta the shite. I’m hoping he does.

Welcome “the heed”

• catchy in norway

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:39 PM

he is here , give the kid a chance, at least he is a natural left winger.
    i have to admit, i only dont rate him because he is always playing on the right wing, and in that respect i dont rate Gini as a right winger, nor was Ba, Cisse was never a right winger, and Jonas was never a DMC, but all of them when in there best positions did very well in my book.

im going to give him a chance

• geordie157

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:40 PM

The signings of shelvey and townsend do seem to indicate that McLaren has some influence on transfers.

Hopefully Remy next.

Kets, 8million for Dummett, not even the crazy Chinese clubs would pay that for him.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Kets – Wouldn’t mind selling Colback, but nobody would pay £8m, maybe half that. He’s Championship material. Dummett I would keep, but again not worth close to that figure anyway. If you can get £3m for Obertan you’ll get the keys to the city. I like the way you are thinking, but back to the drawing board bonny lad!

• will die for the toon army

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Sell Dummett and Colback we have looked stupid every time they dont play.

• ToonInPlym

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Out of all things wrong with that post.. 8m for dummett? Are you for real?!

• Laurent Robert 32

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Obertown

• catchy in norway

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM

kets

come on man, you teams are built on flair players, you never seem to build squads, Dummett could be a great CB, he impressed me in that position, Colback is a worker, and the team might need a worker to get his foot stuck in.

• Take a Chancel on me

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Here Kets is your Anthem “Daydream Beliver”?

• Toonfan8

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:46 PM

if Colback isn´t ready to play, just put there Tiote…this team….
    janmaat,mbemba,lascelles,dummet
    ………shelvey……colback(tiote)……
    sissoko…….wijnaldum……townsend
    ………………..remy(mitrovic)………..
    ……………………………………………….
    tiote,collo,saivet,mitrovic,gouffran,thauvin

• geordie157

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:46 PM

I still think thauvin is worth keeping, just give the lad more than 5-10 mins. He’s one of a few that can create chances, crosses for mitrovic.

Elliot
    Janmaat, mbemba, colo, dummett
    Sissoko, shelvey, wijnaldum
    Townsend, mitrovic, thauvin

Remy replaces mitro or thauvin if he arrives. Surely that’s a good attack minded side…..only two ways we can fix our defence buy a quality centre back and a left back or attack sides and take the pressure off the defenders.

• Toon-Prodigy

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Dear me, another English footballer ready for the first team..

Am I dreaming..

• Mister Tuff

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Carl/Ian Toon – stop your blog mischief – people know what you are up to -you need to see your doctor about your psychosis. I’m sure it is treatable.
    Your constant striving to be the Alpha Dog on the blog is very worrying and really for what purpose do you engage in this rubbish on a bloody football blog – pathetic.

• manxpie

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Ww stick ya optimism where the sun don’t shine don’t you dare give the lad a chance how very dare you!

• BandB

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Can I just comment on this idea that some with “agendas” hate Ashley and will credit him for nothing.

I was a happy fan, I didn’t particularly blame Ashley for the relegation. Allardyce had put together a rotten, boring team. It was on the slide.

Though in those days of course, on the slide meant not challenging for Europe.

I didn’t post on blogs.

Two things happened. First, Ashley made the “I’ve lost my money and the fans have threatened my family. I’ll never put money into Newcastle again.”

I looked for signs he was going to be true to his word, but didn’t see them until the summer after we finished fifth.

At that point it became clear that Ashley did not see us as a top five team, and targeted eighth for the following season, bringing in ONE player.
    I began blogging.
    I predicted that we would attempt to buy players with an eye to their sell-on value, that cups would be shunned, and that we would set a top target of eighth, but be perfectly happy with far less. I predicted that the purples policy was real and would see the squad deliberately weakened to save money and ensure we couldn’t over-achieve.

This was dismissed as fantasy, until it was revealed as precisely how the club operated in Charnley’s January 2014 statement.

I wouldn’t care if Ashley was the anti-Christ if the club was doing well on the pitch.

But since I joined the blog, we have had three relegation battles in four years.

That is not an agenda. That is a fact.

It is for those whose “agenda” it always been to protect Ashley from any share of the criticism to explain why they claim to believe three relegation battles in four years is the self-evident launch pad for future success.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Apparently Spurs fans are jubilant with Levy for getting such a large fee for Townsend -obviously suggesting he was not worth what we paid.

• Toon_Tom

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:53 PM

Tuff – do you really need spurs fans to tell you that?

• WWSBRD

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:54 PM

manx
    Haha I sense some sarcasm there

Tbf a few were furious about Shelvey coming in until he pinged a few passes against West Ham

• expatmag

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:54 PM

TUFF

should have signed for your team 12 miles down the road, shouldnt he?

• chewbaccy

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:55 PM

HAHAH many a true word spoken in jest

• defenders needed

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Sell dummit that is nuts we have no lb cover as it is that means we would need a first team lb and a bench warmer for covered when injured