The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Linked With Another International Midfielder

12:18 pm, Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 84 Comments

Newcastle are one of the many clubs reported to be interested in signing 23 year-old Nigerian international central midfielder Eddy Onazi, who joined Lazio back in 2012.

The Italian media has never been too accurate with some of their transfer stories and Newcastle, along with Swansea, Everton and German club Werder Bremen are said to be interested in the 36 times capped Nigerian Intentional, with Everton having apparently lodged a bid for the player.

Eddy Onazi

Newcastle linked with Lazio midfielder Eddy Onazi

This has been a story doing the rounds on the internet for the last day or so, as Newcastle have been doing the deal for 24 year-old Andros Townsend, who is expected to sign for Newcastle today after having a medical.

According to web-site Lazio have lowered their price for the Nigerian midfielder to just €7M (£5.3M).

Apparently Lazio are willing to sell their midfielder at the right price in January, but we’d be very surprised if Newcastle are in the market for another central midfielder having just signed Jonjo Shelvey and Henri Saivet.

Newcastle have brought in three midfielders during this window although our weaknesses are at striker and in defense.

And while we are expected to sign a striker before next Monday when the window closes – there have not been too many stories that we are after any defenders, even though we have conceded 41 goals in our first 23 league games.

That’s the third worst in the Premier League to go with our points total of 21, which is also the third worst in the league.

Do Lazio have any good strikers or defenders they want to sell in January?

Put this down to a potential made up story – at least as far as Newcastle’s interest is concerned.

For the record the 5’8″ tall Onazi has made 101 appearances for Lazio with 6 goals.

84 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bambams // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:19 PM

This was on newsnownewcastle yesterday
    Never heard of him, but I don’t follow Italian footy

• 2 expatmag // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Another load of bollox

• 3 Rotonda heights // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM

surprise surprise we get spurs unwanted at a premium price and they swoop in for berahino. well we never saw that coming…!!

why couldn’t we just have put that 12m towards a striker.

• 4 Rotonda heights // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM

well we are good at signing what we don’t need, get him in…!

• 5 TroubledToon // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:23 PM

What, are we gonna play a 4-6 formation?
    Who needs strikers anyway, rite Steve?

• 6 sparky55 // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:23 PM

maybe we’re gonna flood the midfield and have winji up top

…or maybe just another bout of bollox

…probably the latter

Bambams…that’s what I heard too and put it up on the blog and you’re right…it’s to worth it.

Ed doesn’t help by accusing the board of missing out just because of 4 million like he did earlier today…he was never coming up north in a million years and we were told that before the January window opened.

• 7 croftus5678 // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:27 PM

tbh we have class in abundence in midfield now and well and truely enough so that we do not have to rely on our lone striker !

a 4-5-1 is how i see it atm and the main goal threats coming from shelvey/townsend and wijnaldum with mitro mostly laying it into there path’s and doing the hold up play

perez/dummett/colback/krul/rolando as subs imo.

• 8 hibbitt // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM

is hairdryer back in training ????

• 9 Bambams // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Mate you will have worked out where I was earlier.
    Got told couple of things I won’t stick on here. Will text you

• 10 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Why would u have our best gk on the bench?

• 11 hibbitt // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:38 PM

you tease come on lad if you got any imfo share it……………PLEASE !!!!

• 12 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Beer / Ron…lets hope then Dummett is nothing but a future backup or that he suddenly turns brilliant.

• 13 sparky55 // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Bambams….such a tease! 🙂 🙂

• 14 Mister Tuff // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:42 PM

WWSBRD – Remy is not a gaurenteed starter for Chelsea. Sureley they must have assessed that they will not win the league this season. They are supposed to be after that Pato bloke so Remy is put further down the list. So if he grumbles about not playing -they might just well release him. But who knows.

• 15 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:44 PM

For some it’s important to keep up the appearance that the board simply failed to bring Austin here…and that he wanted to come!

I don’t like the board one bit, most know that, but I try and keep this constructive and not part of a hidden agenda!

• 16 belgrade fan // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Leicester ready to sign striker Eder from Sampdoria, with his representatives currently in London

• 17 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Again I doubt Chelsea care about how Remy feels but I don’t think they would want to help a rival for top 4 (I’d be amazed if they have accepted they won’t get there this season)

He might end up there but I don’t think it’ll be Chelsea’s first choice to gift him to a team above them

• 18 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:46 PM

For F••CK’s sake we don’t need another midfield player

followed by a defender or two

ARGHHHHHHH this club does your heed in at times

• 19 geordiemark // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:46 PM

with taylor back now they see it that they have enough defenders only takes a couple of injuries and were up the swanny without a paddle, there after another midfielder its obvious there crazy, a good quality experienced left back is a must, a top quality central defender is a must these nut jobs running our club just shows the experience them lot have

• 20 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:46 PM

unless they changed there no one over 27 policy…remy signing permanent is not likely….linked with caicedo last night on newsnow….7.5m from espanyol 27 yr old apparently

• 21 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM

U accusing me of an agenda buddy? Haha

• 22 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Senor Tuff…Chelsea never like to do business that help its rivals. They would even buy a player just so a rival couldn’t have him! But who knows 🙂

Remy on the other hand, if he has options, I think he’ll follow the money!

• 23 Mister Tuff // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Expat – there is no gaurentee that the Townsend supplying crosses and Mitro putting them away concept will work – or be successful straight away.
    Surely the risk is reduced with the purchase of someone who can score goals.
    There should be no gambles on this front – were are points wise worse off than last season. There will not be further opportunities this season to rectify failed policies or we are definitely down.
    There is no time to tinker – we’ve got to get points in the bag.

• 24 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Yo…you? Naa 😉 lol

• 25 toon kk // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Surely the club recognise even if alot of fans don’t we Will be relegated without a quality striker brought in. Mitrovic is a couple of seasons away from the class goal scorer we need.

• 26 geordie157 // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Sounds like Liverpool will get xhaka and matip.

Any news on the Townsend medical yet? Hope we get remy back

• 27 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:50 PM

they said on ssn that his reps are here to listen to the offer but the player is not keen on a move now as it may effect his chances of playing for italy at the euro’s….but things change

• 28 lochinvar // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Lyrics – to the Tune of Three Wheels on My Wagon

See at:

Three days in the window
    And we’re still strolling along
    The Villains are chasing me
    rumours fly, right on by
    But I’m singing a happy song

I’m singing a higgity, haggity, hoggety, high
    Wor Geordies never say die
    A mile up the road there’s a hidden cave
    And we can watch those strikers
    Go galloping by

SPOKEN: “Mike they’re catching up to us!”
    “Get back in the wagon McLaren !”

Two days for the transfers
    And we’re still rolling along
    Them Swansea’s are after me
    Flaming Ash, splash the cash
    But I’m singing a happy song

I’m singing a higgity, haggity hoggety, high
    Geordies they never say die
    Half a mile up the road there’s a hidden cave
    And we can watch those defenders
    Go galloping by

SPOKEN: “Duh, Cashley ? Are you sure this is the right policy ? ”
    “Will you hush up? You and your ideas ! ”

One day for a transfer
    And we’re still strolling along
    Them Mackem b’s are after me
    I’m all p@ssed off at Mr. Carr
    But I’m singing a happy song

I’m singing a higgity, haggity hoggety, high
    Geordies always say why aye
    Right around that turn there’s a hidden Gregg’s
    And we can watch those Transfers
    Go galloping by

SPOKEN: “Should I get the loaneees in now ? ”
    “Woman, I know what I’m doing!”

No more strikers now,
    So we’re not rolling along
    The Championship beckons we
    We’re effing mad, things look bad
    But we’re singing a happy song

SPOKEN: “C’mon all you fans sing along with me!”

Higgity, haggity hoggety, high
    Geordies always sing why aye
    The fans are p!ssed
    at the players we’ve missed
    But we’re singing a happy song ….

• 29 Bambams // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM

You know the craic fella, I have given a little but I do not know who from the club looks on here and I won’t risk the source.
    I don’t know about any possible signings that I can tell you.
    Hope you understand fella

Text sent, might take a while….

• 30 belgrade fan // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Didn’t see then good. Remy will not go to Leicester, would be sub for Vardy. Ranieri will not change winning team

• 31 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Haha well how offensive

I just fail to see how NUFC are unable to convince a championship striker that we are a good move for him yet we can convince the Dutch player of the year to pack up and come look at our bridges

• 32 Mister Tuff // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:53 PM

WW/Jesper – who knows what will happen.Certainly Remy seems to be more mercenary than the rest.
    As for Chelsea buying up potential good players so other clubs cannot get them is also true. When I first heard about this -having 30 odd players out on loan I could not believe it. City also do a bit of this as well.

• 33 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:54 PM

i doubt its true mate so would’nt let it wynd you up… very surprised if we sign another cm unless it to replace tiote and shelvey and saivet were coming in anyway to strengthen

• 34 NUFCJOE // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:54 PM

We’ll not sign him, probably just some agent trying to drum up interest. He looks like Anita 2.0.

As for strikers, I really can see us getting Remy. He’ll not got to Leicester if the bid is rejected, and Chelsea are definitely not going to release him (as someone mentioned) if they have a £7m bid on the table.

Remy on loan is probably the perfect fit right now. He’s proved he can score for Newcastle allowing us to stay in the premier league (although I don’t actually believe we’re going down with our current squad). However, he’s 29. Which means 1. We’re never going to buy him 2. He’s probably only got 2/3 more seasons at his peak and finally, the financial loss Ashley would make.

Get Remy on loan until the summer, where we can peruse others, such as Berahino etc.

• 35 toon kk // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Mister Tuff
    Strange how many people keep going on about Mitrovic scoring all these goals to keep us up with all the potential service he’s going to get. He’s had loads of chances to score and keeps f-ing them up, he has quality’s there’s no getting away from that but he needs help and time or we will definitely go down. I’ve said it all season.

• 36 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Yo…some just doesn’t want to relocate when they have options!

Some have to ask their wife and some wife says no 😉

• 37 geordiemark // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:58 PM

for me remy can stay where he is, turned us down twice so bollox to that, you know who I would go after van persie, yeah he might be getting on a bit and he will demand big wages but end of the day do we get relegated or not, I think he will be well worth it

• 38 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 12:58 PM

it looks like chelsea are wanting 12m for remy in permanent deal….loan deals for him have gone quiet….loan would be better tho

• 39 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Yeah who knows what’ll happen but I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as some are making out that Remy will go to the club furthest up the league

Chelsea’s loan system in quite shocking to a football fan but it’s an incredible business plan

• 40 ToonRich // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Bambams, do you really think the club would spend their time on here and workout who you are…id hope they’re watch YouTube of possible signings!! 5days until deadline, give us something to speculate about 😉

• 41 Blackley and Brownlie // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM

You’ve been enjoying yourself there, I see. You’ve got to laugh at Charnley and Carr.

• 42 Mister Tuff // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM

toon kk – I do see Mitrovich scoring goals with his head but mainly when a decent cross comes in say from the by line or anywhere out wide adjacent to the box. A ball he can attack – he has got the power to out muscle defenders.
    His hold up play is not bad – good with the chest. Trying to retain a long high punt/hoofball he invariably loses out to the CB – at leat 90% of the time and we are under pressure again.
    I just do not think we can gamble by not getting in a “name” so as to reduce the risks.

• 43 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Yo…this is Austin asking his wife if they can relocate up north:

• 44 croftus5678 // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:10 PM

honestly hand on heart i think elliott is a better all round keeper and our defence seems to play better with him in our goal as he comunicates with them unlike krul + elliotts kicking never gets us into trouble.

i dont think hairdryer is fit yet no but he imo is our best lb choice along with mbabu.

• 45 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Then u argue that he is damaging his career, u offer him more, u buy him a house up north, u talk to his wife, u help him move, u show him schools for his kids, u offer to help his youth set up, u get him a ticket to a home game, u show him the stadium, u explain to him the affection fans have for their strikers, u fill his head with ur vision for the club and u make him believe that there is no other options

(If we missed out on Austin because we couldn’t afford him or he could buy into the plan fair enough but if we didn’t bother because he’s heard the norths a tad chilly that’s terrible)

If NUFC want a player he can be convinced as far as I am concerned

• 46 toon kk // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Do you really think Van Percey would want to come to Newcastle? As for Remy, and you not wanting him to come, sounds like a schoolboy attitude to me.
    We would have been relegated without him last time. If he comes again great if he helps keep us up.

• 47 chewbaccy // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Hands up those who still think we will beat the drop.

• 48 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Senor Tuff…I don’t mind us going for Remy, but I fear too many are hoping / thinking Remy will just start banging them in!

He hasn’t played much this season. In reality we need a sure thing…or what ever comes closest!

• 49 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:17 PM

chelsea are apparently interested in taking van persie on loan….but the turkish side want a huge loan fee….he’s unhappy where he is and trying to get a move

• 50 LGFUAD21 // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Read an interesting piece in 442 about PL teams strengths and weaknesses.

they said one of our weaknesses was tactical incoherence:
    – Our defence drops deep while our attack presses high.

The Result:
    – A huge gap in front of our defence that opposition can exploit.

Although that wasnt the case at Watford for large parts, thinking about it, they could be on to something.

Which is why I keep banging on about the importance of Tiote to this team.

We picked up when he came into the team. While we did good against West Ham without him, I think his position certainly grounds the team. Keeps the back 4 calm while allowing the front 4 to attack.

I was one of those calling for a 3 at the back formation as I didnt see any alternative in the team to play at LB. It clearly didnt work and Steve got that call wrong. However, lets not forget he employed a similar system in the cup and we were the better team for most of that game.

• 51 Bambams // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Not bothered about me fella but concerned if I put something on here it may ID the person I spoke to.
    I don’t know anything about any potential signings
    Sorry fella

• 52 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:18 PM

50/50…..depending on who else comes in i think its that close

• 53 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Nar can’t come close to agreeing with u there. Distribution Elliot has over Krul but communication is on par imo neither are brilliant but Elliot is so painfully slow it’s scary and off his line it might aswell be an open goal for me

For me had Krul stayed fit we would have more points now

If I am brutally honest come summer I’d sell Elliot

• 54 chewbaccy // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:20 PM

where are these type of players for the toon these days

• 55 lochinvar // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Blackley and Brownlie
    Just trying to lighten the tone or maybe lower it I don’t know !

• 56 lochinvar // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Liverpool have put in an offer for Schalke defender Joel Matip, according to Sky sources.

Don’t they have any Scouts of their own – cheap skates

• 57 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:29 PM

krul at his best is a great keeper and would be hard to shift but i do think he’s been poor the last season or 2…..not at his best before his injury as well tbh…..he may come back and be what he was then its up to the gaffer…i think elliott has came in done really well after settling in this season

• 58 nightfa11 // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM

i dont think mclaren has the balls to drop mitro ;D

• 59 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I’d say Krul has stopped developing over the past few season yes, I’d argue the rot started when Harps moved on
    And Elliot has been decent this season but for me an average Krul is on par with a red hot Elliot

• 60 DicBDownUnder // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:35 PM

catchy in norway

Good point about balance. It makes it a hard one for SM. I agree that Perez is a CF and should be played there. Wini looks top notch in the n10 position.

Would you think about benching Mitrovic since he’s not scoring, but he does an awful lot of hold up play and bringing other players into the game. How long can that go on though since a CF’s job is essentially to score goals. And only scoring goals will keep us up, because we sure aint gunna stop conceding them!

• 61 WWSBRD // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Anyhoo must dash enjoy Townsends unveiling and all

• 62 LGFUAD21 // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Completely agree.

I think Krul lost faith in his defenders.

His decision making declined drastically over the last year and a half. He seems unsure of what to do almost like he feels he has to do the CBs job and his own.

Elliott came in just happy to play which I think has given him a clearer mind.

• 63 LGFUAD21 // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Tricky one.

I dont think our players suit Mitro at all.

Only Janmaat seems interested in servicing him.

if Townsend plays left maybe he will. But if he plays Right then we’ve go no hope.

However, at least when he’s not scoring he’s doing other things with his hold up.

I think Perez can play CF and would do a better job there this season than last with the players we now have (mainly Shelvey’s passing) but the problem is that when he isnt scoring he can be very anonymous which is why I think Schteeve has stuck with Mitro.

• 64 bettyswallocks // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Jesper…….. I agree we need a sure fire goal scorer and sharpish. Who would you suggest we should go for?

• 65 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:44 PM

perez could do with putting a bit of weight and strength on then he could hold the ball up better and he would still have the quality finishing he’s shown….he’s not the quickest but his runs are intelligent and he’s clever……basically needs beefing up…..mitro has the beef but he’s woefully lacking confidence and like perez will never sprint away from anyone….both need work but for different reasons…..unfortunately they both dont look like scoring enough to keep us up…..hence the striker search

• 66 croftus5678 // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:53 PM

@63 lgfuad21

you have a very good point.

looking at our players who does high crosses in the box ?
    only janmaat and occasionally hairdryer imo.

sissoko/wijnaldum and everyone else inc perez play through balls or balls on the ground which mitro is not fast enough to get onto.

shelvey hopefully will improve on this a lot from his set pieces and townsend surely will but sissoko as exciting he is with his runs and strength does not seem all that great with high balls which imo is why wijnaldum scores so many with him being fast and nippy and mitro does not score as many.

make no mistake though the importance mitro plays in a lot of the goals we have scored without getting on the scoresheet himself or getting an assist will be high in numbers.

lets not forget the lad is a lone striker normally with 2 cb’s marking him yet he mostly wins those battles so if the balls was in the box for him i’ve no doubt he would score a lot more.

• 67 toon kk // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Perez and Mitrovic are both very good players, Mitro needs a couple of seasons to be great in the premier league as for Perez he also needs time but to be class he would be more at home playing in maybe France, somewhere without as much physicality.

• 68 DicBDownUnder // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Yeah, I know Perez has put on some weight since he first arrived, but still could do with that extra bit of strength behind him. I think he goes down easily sometimes too.

I’ve been away from home for the last 2 seasons, I keep up to date with toon but no other teams so I’m a bit out of touch.
    Other than Remy, Berahino and Gomis, but I would rather buy someone without any PL experience than him, can you suggest any other PL ST we could go for? It might sound daft, but what ever happened to not caring if players were for sale/out of favor, and just sticking bids in for them and seeing what their club say?

• 69 DicBDownUnder // Jan 27, 2016 at 1:56 PM

***or is that just me when playing FIFA?

• 70 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Yo…Graeme posted a link to and article the other day my Don Hutchinson where is explain that a club always knows before hand whether or not a player is interested!

…I do believe this might just be that case with Austin. His wife just wasn’t interested.

• 71 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM

we’ve been linked with caicedo from espanyol,he had 3 yrs at man city….but theres not alot of good,quick quality premier experienced striker out there…..keep hoping they find a gem is the best idea….other then that the players you mention are it!!

• 72 2 goals 1 cup // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM

everybody need to stop pining after austin hes gone move on i happen to think mitrovic is a far better option than him cant believe people are calling for him to be dropped every forward has there dry runs even shearer had a few of them .mitrovic is like any other striker he need a confidance boost and he will soon start banging them in.

• 73 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM

ssn townsend passes medical… confirmation yet been shown round st james

• 74 LGFUAD21 // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:04 PM

Down under

I think with more teams favouring 1 up top strikers are harder and harder to come by. Especially with prem experience.

Remy seems best bet.

I like the look of berahino too.

Aside from that I cannot think of any realistic targets available.

Maybe Shane long as Southampton just brought in Austin but I know they rejected an offer.

Everything suggests pelle is done at Southampton but his conversion rate this season has been appalling.

I actually think that cisse would do well in the side based on last 5 games or so.

• 75 emperor // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Im confident we will get someone in deadline day.
    Surey even ashley and his cronies are not that blind to see spending 15- 30 million on a striker is worth it considering the 100s of millions that premier league clubs will be getting from next season.

Im still dreaming of Lacazette coming and banging in 12 goals and a comfy 14th place finish

• 76 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM

Betty…I got to tell you I think this is a catch 22 because I don’t believe the answer is in the PL and if we buy an untested player from abroad and he doesn’t hit the ground asap there will be no end of it on here!

I believe we need experience above all else and it need to be someone on fire. Someone like Aubameyang would probably be the answer, but will Dortmund let him go 😉

• 77 SPRINGY // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:16 PM

cisses a poor player,decent finisher…..his first touch and passing is woeful so cant play up front by himself.

• 78 DicBDownUnder // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:18 PM

That is just absolutely pap, for 19 other teams in the league, and 3 strikers essentially possible targets. I know obviously there are teams that we can’t touch so to speak. So that narrows it down straight away, but still, 3 is pathetic. I’ve heard a few mention Bony, which I would have no objection to, extremely unlikely, but worth a punt.

Out of those mentioned, Remy does seem our best chance. I’m hoping he feels slightly guilty for ditching us twice, and wants to help us stay up, and enhance his chances of Euros.

Did Caicedo play much at city? Can’t say I’ve ever heard of him!

• 79 bettyswallocks // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Jesper……. I think we need to be realistic here. The chances of us signing him are very slim. Within the premiership other than Remy and Berahino there don’t seem many options and Lacazette seems to prefer to stay put. I thought you had a better option than Remy up your sleeve.

• 80 bettyswallocks // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM

I have a hunch that McC doesn’t really fancy Perez and if Spurs come knocking we might just let him go. This may have already been discussed as apparently Ashley and Levy have had a little chat to push the Townsend deal through.

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Bit naughty that Bambams, saying but not telling :O

• 82 hibbitt // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:26 PM

rumor has it we have asked about ross mccormack at fulham ???

• 83 bettyswallocks // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Bear in mind also that Perez was promising us a nice surprise a few weeks ago which we all assumed was him signing a new contract. This hasn’t materialised , so maybe he’s away.

• 84 Take a Chancel on me // Jan 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM