Newcastle Get Ready To Make Big Move To Sign Loic Remy

The Mail is reporting that Newcastle have held a meeting today to plan for how they can get Loic Remy on loan from Chelsea this month – since Loic seems our last good option to sign a proven Premier League striker in this transfer window – a player we desperately need.

Newcastle have reportedly discussed a plan of how to get Remy to Newcastle by next Monday, but they may be disappointed with news that Chelsea would prefer to allow on-loan striker Radamel Falcao leave the club rather than allow Remy to leave.

loic remy at west ham

Loic Remy – while on loan at Newcastle

Loic Remy has looked a better player than Falcao this season and certainly his wages are a lot less – so it’s not too surprising if Chelsea take that stance.

Loic had a very good loan season with us two years ago in the 2013-2014 season – when he scored 14 goals in 26 Premier League games and he could hit the ground running on Tyneside – so to speak.

Chelsea are in the process of signing Alexandre Pato from Corinthians on loan for the rest of the season and he is currently reported to be undergoing a medical at the London club.

Pato arrived in England yesterday  although Chelsea have made no comment on the Pato situation at all.

Singing Pato should help Chelsea allow a least one striker to leave this month – so let’s hope Loic is made available and that Newcatsle can sign him.

That would go a very long way to securing our safety in the Premier League this season.

• SUFCsunderland

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:54 PM

First!

• geordie157

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Fingers crossed on Remy, if we get him then its been a good window.

Offloaded Williamson, Fergs and possibly Tiote.

• geordie157

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Is there a back up option though if we don’t get him?

• croftus5678

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:57 PM

just get demba ba back and have done with it.

• jazzyp

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Bambams

I think Remy would be the perfect fit. And as stated if he is not quite match fit we have a massive break coming up to get up to match fitness.
    Hope fully we stay up and then we have a greater option to bring in a big name as the intended targets would be more willing to move.
    If Remy bangs the goals in again as before then why not offer him a permanent deal

• Ian Toon

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Rotonda – There seems to be nothing Martínez likes more than talking about things he doesn’t like talking about. That has been the one constant throughout his managerial career. That, and defensive collapses. Look, here are some highlights of Martínez not liking talking about referees:

30 September 2007, after Martínez’s Swansea lose at home to Doncaster: “I don’t like to speak about referees, but I thought he had a poor afternoon.”

6 April 2009, after Swansea concede a late equaliser against Cardiff City: “I don’t like to speak about referees or referee’s decisions because I believe these things level out over a season. But now it is one or two times too many and the players didn’t deserve it and the fans didn’t deserve it.”

30 October 2010, after Martínez’s Wigan lose 3-0 at Manchester City: “I don’t like to speak about referees because I understand how difficult that job is … But I cannot understand how you can give something that you don’t see … that’s a real football injustice and I feel my players don’t deserve to be feeling the way they are now.”

19 November 2011, after Wigan concede a late equaliser to Blackburn Rovers: “I don’t like to talk about referees but we have got a bad decision a few too many times.”

20 October 2012, after Martinez’s Wigan lose to Swansea: “It’s a difficult decision and when I saw it live I thought it should have been given. It’s disappointing that call did not go our way. Anyway, I shouldn’t talk about referees this season. I’ve learnt my lesson.”

28 December 2015, after Martínez’s Everton lose 4-3 to Stoke City: “I have huge respect for [referee] Mark [Clattenburg’s]’s career – he has always been someone I felt was very honest and a perfectionist in what he wants to do. The feeling is extra frustrating today because you cannot understand how such an experienced referee gives that decision right at the end. It is such a wrong call. Someone with his experience should understand the game a bit more … The disappointment is that he got that one wrong but it is extra painful when he wasn’t consistent throughout the game.”

In light of all that, was there really any point in interviewing Martínez after Everton were knocked out of the League Cup on Wednesday night by Manchester City, whose second goal in a 3-1 win came from a cross that Raheem Sterling was allowed to deliver despite the ball having crossed the line for a nanosecond by the width of a sideburn hair? “You have to respect the referee, they have the toughest job in football,” declared Martinez before adding inevitably: “It is not a day to go into many footballing aspects except the second goal killed our opportunity … Goals are big calls – and the second goal is heartbreaking. When you watch the replay it’s incredible that you don’t get that decision right.” Ah yes, when you watch the replay.

Unless there is a sudden transformation in Everton’s performances between now and the end of the season, Martínez may find himself having to explain how a collection of players that he has hailed as among the most exciting in Europe have have once again finished potless, and in the bottom half of the Premier League two years in a row. That, you can be sure, would be something that Martinez really won’t like talking about.

• CypriotDelight

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Been stalking the blog for a while hey or are you another personality string of a person already in the room Mr (I can’t get my club name right) Scumderland?

Yesterday, upon the stair
    I met a man who wasn’t there
    He wasn’t there again today
    I wish, I wish he’d go away…!

• beefman13

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Whatever we do or whoever we buy we are going to be in a relagation fight come the end of the season,we’ve put ourselves in this situation, coins in the air.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Ian
    Most of us get alzheimers sooner or later. It’s a fact of life. Not quite as certain as death. PC gone mad to pussy foot around it. Can we say that someone is old and will die sooner or later? Is that allowed?

PS Just watching Location on TV. The househunter has alzheimers.

• CypriotDelight

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Well I hope Everton collapse against us as well. I will enjoy his post match interview then 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:04 PM

where the f—did that come from. another 30 secs I’ll never get back. How long have you been storing that one up.

Almost as bad as ”my teams always play on the front foot” , ” I’m a winner” and ”I’d like to thank myself for signing…” etc etc

• Wayayman

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Evening all. Just heard through the grapevine that we are trying to re-sign Billy Whitehurst but the size of his shorts is holding up the deal. If we don’t get him, Rambo Reilly is a shoe-in. Happy days in The Corner!

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Bambams
    I’ve seen Heaney a few times. He’s the best of the bunch. Very strong for a little lad. Good passer. Not a natural goal scorer. Too one footed for my liking, although it’s good that it’s his left.

• Ian Toon

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Rotonda- You need to review a number of your opinions as we all do.
    I am moving on out!
    Enjoy my absence.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Cypriot,
    You’re inviting him back, why ?

• CypriotDelight

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Sorry Jail just felt confrontational. I will stop….

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Wayayman
    Billy Rafferty for Graham Carr’s superstars. His name’s still in the old fellow’s book.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Ian
    yer right, who’s coming on in you’re place ?

• beermonkey

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:12 PM

whats with the Martinez love in today
    spose its a step up from pards

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Cypriot,
    We shouldn’t have to stop ourselves Ed should be looking in.

• croftus5678

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:14 PM

@13 blackley

i dont know what it is with us but every time i see heaney play he tends to play the next game in a different position ???

imo he’s a cm and he should be played there as it’s got to confuse the lad switching him on the wings and here and there.

his passing and vision is great though for such a young lad.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:16 PM

It’s been a while since pushy has been here. Carl has been getting all the attention lately 😉

• CypriotDelight

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Jail, fair one mate. Some things go too far on here at times.

I had to laugh at your Ian comment though. Expect some more random personalities soon 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Pushy doesn’t live here anymore, he grew out of blogging, he’s in to really tough macho stuff now and far too many hot chicks to look after !

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:20 PM

I have heard of people with a personality disorder who are not aware of the other personalities.

…maybe Ian is just not aware of the other seven 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Cypriot,
    You’ll be labelled if you do that !

• optimistic prime

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Beer

It started this morning after someone said they were sick of his blaming refereeing decisions after being beaten.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:21 PM

See Stuart Pearce has signed for Longford, the worst club in England, and he’s our next manager 😮

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Ian does like to talk about the gym…and getting coffee!

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Croftus
    I thought that the last time I saw Heaney. They had him playing just in front of the back four. They needed a goal and didn’t have numbers up front. He was wasted there.

I don’t know what goes on with the academy. Young Gallacher wasn’t getting a run out for the 18s but now is for the 21s.

• optimistic prime

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Has Doumbia been linked or is it more make beleive stories?

• optimistic prime

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:23 PM

JFA

I saw today, scored 3 conceded 183.
    Good on him, it’d be a laugh if nowt else.

• Belfast

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Sounds like we’re trying to break him out of strangeways.

Do you reckon by the end of the meeting they’d worked out they’d need to make a bid for him?

• CypriotDelight

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Beware the label lol.

Labels oot!

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:28 PM

I wonder why Pardew ferked off if he knew this type of money would be spent on players, was it because if he’s managed to keep us in a steady tenth all last season that the money we’re seeing spent wouldn’t have been and instead of making our own luck, the heavily incentivised wearer of silly glasses would have had to make it for us.

• beermonkey

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:29 PM

prime

cheers
    a whole day on a manager we will never employ
    it really has been a slow news day
    maybe an Austin article could help

• Belfast

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Leave Ian alone Jesper.
    And for the record I miss Pushy Pardew.

• optimistic prime

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:32 PM

You never know

• ToonRich

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Just sign Justin Kluivert and be done with it 😉

• Belfast

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Yep a why we should have signed Charlie Austin article.