The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Players Welcome Townsend To The Toon

11:48 am, Thursday, January 28th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 18 Comments

Both Ayoze Perez and new signing Henri Saivet took to their Twitter accounts to welcome the third new arrival this month to Newcastle yesterday – 24 year-old Andros Townsend of Tottenham, who was just delighted to join the Toon.

andros townsend b&w shirt

Andros Townsend – the one time he forgot to smile
Looks like he was told to look intelligent

Tags: Andros Townsend · Ayoze Perez · Henri Saivet · Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

18 responses so far ↓

• 1 Rotonda heights // Jan 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM

wow

• 2 optimistic prime // Jan 28, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Anyone catch SSN this morning talking about how the CL wants to change qualifying so big clubs like Man U Chelsea etc are in every year.

Didn’t catch the full piece but apparantley they don’t like it if the worlds biggest clubs don’t make it and want to come up with a way they’re guaranteed places in the comp.

Pretty sure I didn’t miss hear the piece but only caught the last min or so.

If true it’s a complete pi55 take

• 3 chewbaccy // Jan 28, 2016 at 11:55 AM

here take my place im offski
    towvan

• 4 jayphoto // Jan 28, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Not 100% sure what the craic is with Townsends attitude questions. He looks like he gives 100% on the pitch, comes across well in his interviews and was well liked by most of his managers. Heard that even Pocchetino has been impressed with his work rate and effort since falling out with the fitness coach which for the record was an argument and warming up/down rather than an argument about his actual fitness or work rate.
    Big plus to me that he asked to play u21s if he wasn’t playing first team! More than some would do

• 5 OneAlanShearer // Jan 28, 2016 at 11:59 AM

We are not safe. We need 6 wins I’d say. Where are they coming from? Away at Everton?

• 6 Bambams // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Hibbitt
    I don’t know any definite targets, neither do the players ( I am told) or my sources.
    I am NOT ITK but I get info about a few things re ‘day to day’ or if our timing is spot on I find out about a signing if they are here or on their way.
    I may hear something before the window, but it’s usually a couple of hours before SSN
    I am always apprehensive to put stuff on here in case of abuse or my source getting grief.
    Not worth the risk.
    Hope you understand fella. I am a supporter like you.

• 7 chewbaccy // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Sadly i don’t see many being taken
    pigs might fly one alan shearer

• 8 Toon_Tom // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Liverpool
    L

= W X 1
    = D X 5
    = L X 6

= 6 points in total

to be honest, some of my draw predictions could go either way – make of that what you will!

• 9 Sliema // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Bambams

Ignore the abuse, ignore the trolls… it never stops journos printing what they want… share the gossip please!

• 10 Toon_Tom // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM

^ = 8 points in total sorry

• 11 martoon // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Rotonda & Jesper from last topic.
    I think our defence is OK but has been under too much pressure because the ball keeps coming back at us – with players like Shelvey & Townsend we’ll go forward more and take the pressure off the defence.

• 12 Sliema // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Toon Tom

We play Palace, Villa, Spurs and Citeh after the Liverpool match. You know the season doesn’t end in April right? :S

• 13 Toon_Tom // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:09 PM

haha i know I know – i deleted the rest in error, my mistake.

for arguments sake – whack 3 points on to my total.

so = 11 points 😉

cheers Sliema

• 14 Ron Knee // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM

Sliema
    It might end for us!

• 15 beermonkey // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:11 PM

prime

there was a bit in the sun about the champs league they want to close it off to the rest of the teams so they don’t have to play teams like Leicester
    they claims its giving the fans what they want as they would rather see man u v Madrid but I disagree it should be about the best teams over a year

• 16 Jib // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM

According to Italian media NUFC among other PL clubs have been sniffing around Keita Baldé Diao a young Nigerian striker at Lazio.

• 17 Bambams // Jan 28, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Sliema
    If I do hear something and it is safe to post I will
    Just like I did re Mitro signing