Perez Takes To Twitter – Expresses Delight At Newcastle Deal

It was great news today that Ayoze Perez has (finally) signed a five and a half year new deal that will have much improved financial rewards for the impressive Spanish U21 striker.

Perez has been at the club for 18 months and he s been a huge success with 12 goals in 62 first team appearances for us.

ayoze perez bournemouth

Ayoze Perez – scoring the winner from half chance at Bournemouth last year

Here are the tweets the youngster sent out once the news came through from Newcastle.

• firebug666

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Been some great words by Ayoze today, shows how much he loves the club and the fans, making this signing so much sweeter.

• SuperShearer

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Delighted about this. Love the way he talks about the club and the fans. Should become a Toon Hero, if he isn’t already.

• Take a Chancel on me

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:14 PM

great communicator

on berahino, if wba aren’t answering the email why don’t Newcastle ring them?

• The Newcastle Armchair

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Great news on ayoze as I know we all agree.

Excited for Doumbia – his goalscoring record in at Rome wasn’t the best, he relies on outsprinting the last man to the goal and playing in a league which opposing defenders favour a low defensive line doesn’t suit him. He should flourish at Newcastle.

• Williamson is Bramble in disguise

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:16 PM

If the last few seasons are anything to go by whenever we have a player that genuinely loves the club we get rid… Hope I’m wrong though, and be great to get santon back on a permanent deal another player with passion for club!

• hibbitt

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:16 PM

club must be doing somethings right if Ayoze is happy to sign on for 5 years maybe the players have more faith in Mc then we think !!!!!

• firebug666

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:16 PM

Chancel

I am no longer bothered about Berahino or WBA I just want us to pass them in the league.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:17 PM

HAIL WOR ASHLEY!

HAIL!

• SPRINGY

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:17 PM

toon pushing to offload rivierre according to GFFN

• optimistic prime

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:17 PM

I still think Berihinio will be ours.

At 12 on SSN they said with traffic it would take 3hrs 43mins to get to the toon.
    He’s probably went home to pack a bag so if he’s coming up he’d arrive between 5-6, plenty of time.

12 was around the time 24m rumours came about and when it was reported he’d left training ground.

If we had a bid accepted that others wouldn’t match we’ve probably asked to keep it quiet to get the deal done.

That’s my thinking, I’m wishing a bit but fingers crossed etc.

• ToonRich

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:19 PM

I hope you’re right OP…I think he’d be a great addition. Bera, Perez and Mitro all young and talented.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:20 PM

___________Elliot___________
    Janmaat_Mbemba_Colo_Dummet
    ___________Colback
    ______Sissoko_____Shelvey
    ____________Gini
    _______Doumbia___Perez

Howay, get a new LB!

• Take a Chancel on me

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:20 PM

OP

I like your thinking and it is highly plausible

• ToonRich

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:21 PM

OP, why’d he need to go pack a back though…he was in training kit ready for a medical 😉

• Toon_Tom

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Still waiting for a kick in the balls today – it’s going too well for me!

• DicBDownBali

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM

Prime; from previous. That was wayy before my time 😉
    It’s changed an awful lot since I retired from my exam days.

I’m in two minds on Berahino.
    1 mind is we are over paying
    1 mind is we are getting a good buy and with some regular football he will be scoring like last season. A tad risky considering we have 15 games left

• Spoof

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM

A few have mentioned bringing Santon back, I really hope that we don’t, getting rid of him was the best thing we could have done, he is dreadful, bombs down the left wing cuts inside and loses possession then tracks back at a snails pace with no interest in trying to help the defence which he has just left exposed, and that is his strength, he is undoubtedly the worst left back thatb we have had in the Premier league era, has no one noticed that since we got rid of him no club has been prepared to keep him, everywhere he goes they are desperate to get rid of him, that is no coincidence, the lad is absolutely dreadful, lets stay well clear, once biten twice shy.

• Sliema

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM

This is by far the best signing we will make on deadline day right here. This lad has a lot if talent and he has the right attitude too. A bit off the pace sometimes though. Needs to hit the gym a bit harder.

• Sliema

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Spoof

He was a Right back when we signed him. He broke into Mourinho’s team playing RB at inter. Pardew played him LB cause we had Danny Simpson on the right and nobody else to cover LB as usual. He was never comfortable at LB and he is completely one footed. I’d take him for cover at RB only, but Yeh I didn’t rate him all that much for us either… would’ve liked to have seen him given a chance in his natural position though.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM

‘I’ve been extremely vocal about how much I love the Toon .
    Not been offered a penny :-(‘

jib, your best post ever!!

• firebug666

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 1m1 minute ago
    Marseille manager Michel admits that he did not ask for Florian Thauvin to be signed… http://bit.ly/DDay2016

• toon kk

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Knowing how we do business if our bid has been accepted by West brom MA will have wanted it kept qt until the deal was finalised.
    Expect news on that one before too long.

• Goldmbemba

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM

someone on bbc texted in to say Berahino spotted in London ….. oooooooooh!

• Hail Wor Ashley

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:30 PM

Spoof

Fully agree. Softest defender I’ve ever seen and his attitude stunk towards the end. His surrender in the final derby he played in was shameful.

• bettyswallocks

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Looking less likely on Berahino now sadly. Very short odds for him staying put and us and Tottenham drifting out. I would have loved him to have signed but never mind we should have more than enough to stay up now, then onwards and upwards in the summer.

• Toon_Tom

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM

After Jose Enrique now!

• SPRINGY

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:33 PM

marseille manager didnt want thauvin!…and soccer sauce reckon bera info gone quiet so club maybe looking at other options

• Take a Chancel on me

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Mirror Football ?@MirrorFootball · 1m1 minute ago
    Jose Enrique in talks over #NUFC return – five years after slamming transfer policy #LFC

• Take a Chancel on me

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Inside Man ?@insideman80 · 9m9 minutes ago
    I’m being told a deal has just been agreed with West Brom for striker Saido Berahino for £27.5m by #nufc #newcastle

• firebug666

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Mirror Football ?@MirrorFootball 2m2 minutes ago

Just more paper Talk

• optimistic prime

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Dic

Ye loads changed since my time, they only had the gymnastics centre.

It’s all about how you see things, we could be over paying but are we wasting money like on Cabella and Thauvin.
    I think it’s good buisness in low 20’s.

Firebug

There’s a inspirational coach if ever if heard one, a pat on the back may have worked better .

• switch365

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM

If WBA do refuse to sell Berahino to absolutely anyone, I will pmsl if they get relegated with Saido being in a strop and refusing to play

• optimistic prime

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Firebug

Atleast we’re looking for a back up keeper!

• SPRINGY

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:35 PM

santon would be decent squad member to cover full backs but not as first choice lb…like the lad and his attitude but never liked him at lb

• optimistic prime

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Sorry chancel

• belgrade fan

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:37 PM

thanks God if we r after Enrique

• colwell

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Or squad looks on paper so much stronger now, replacing shite with decent players.

I assume Taylor coming back is the reason we have not pursued any CB’S, This concerns me as Lascelles and Taylor at the back conceded 6 at Scum. Perfect window LB and CB in.

• Spoof

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:39 PM

switch

they could well go down and keeping Berahino could actually backfire and increase there chances of going down, he obviously doesn’t want to play for them and forcing him to stay could cause disruption amongst there squad, when your fighting against the drop you have to all pull together, that won’t happen at West Brom, it could backfire on them big style.

• MacToon

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Great news.

I’m guessing, with our new signings in, he’ll be more of an impact sub for the rest of the season? Could suit him although I’m sure he’ll be desperate to play every minute.

Nice to see some positive things happening at the club, shame we’re still at the bottom of the league though.

Are we going to get a “transfer deadline” thread Ed?

• MacToon