The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

This Player Can Still Do A Job At Newcastle

4:54 pm, Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 92 Comments

Cheick Tiote is back on Tyneside – but because of all his travel and being away from Newcastle trying to fix up a deal in China he’s unlikely to be in the squad for tonight’s game at Everton.

And it could be that he still leaves Newcastle this month since the transfer window in China doesn’t close until the end of  February.

cheick tiote aaron ramsey

Cheick Tiote – in action at Arsenal

But if he does stay than we think Cheick can do a job for us although we expect new boy Henri Saivet to start for the team – given he can quickly acclimatize to the Premier League.

This is what McClaren told the Chronicle about the 29 year-old:

“He’s only been back in the last few days. Things fell through and have not worked out. He was good in training and smiling again.”

“We gave him an opportunity to move. That would have been very advantageous for him. It’s not worked out and he knows that, he now knows he has to come back here and play football.”

“When he plays football he’s very good.”

“I wouldn’t have thought so. He’s been here, there and everywhere trying to do a deal but it fell through.”

“It’s another one we have to get back up to speed.” With the transfer window in China still open until the end of the month Tiote could still leave United if his agent can resurrect the deal.”

Cheick has a terrific game at the Emirates and was our man of the Match so perhaps McClaren can get the best out of him – and if nothing else he makes the strong stronger and we are still worried about injuries.

Especially to goalkeeper Rob  Elliot.

🙁 🙁 🙁

And there are some fans who think Papiss Cisse and Cheick are the bad eggs in the dressing room after that article from John Richardson of the Express came out last September, but Steve McClaren was quick to say that was not true.

If it is true then that wouldn’t be good.

But Cheick, if he stays this season, will be trying to get a new deal somewhere – so he will be motivated to do well for Newcastle.

Those enormous wages we are paying him hopefully will also be a motivational factor.

🙂

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Contracts · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

92 responses so far ↓

• 1 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 4:59 PM

The blog troll hunter
    Actually I’m having correspondence with Ed and my IP isn’t blocked he’s trying to fix things for me now. I’m no troll

• 2 Jib // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM

I have been told by both Swansea and Liverpool fans that Shelvey is only good for about an hour.
    If that’s true then it could work in well with Siem de Jong cos he’s only good for about 30 minutes 😀

• 3 Mackems are from MORDOR! // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM

SSN, Doumbia cleared to play tonight

• 4 The Blog Troll Hunter // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Hehe that old chestnut ? Please just stop the trolling and the Blog Troll Hunter will rest in peace.

Farewell.

• 5 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:17 PM

30 minutes is pretty good on one lung.

• 6 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Some crackpots about today!!!

That’s great news about Doumbia!!!

• 7 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:18 PM

How did it actually end in Troll Hunter? I don’t think it went well 🙂

• 8 ShirebrookToon // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Yeah and one eyes aswell tsunki lol

• 9 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:19 PM

TFL there’s crackpots about every day. 🙂

• 10 ShirebrookToon // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Yeah and one eye aswell tsunki lol

• 11 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I think the medical staff are trying to turn SDJ into Long John Silver.

• 12 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:21 PM

I think I will abbreviate SDJ as LJS from now on lol

• 13 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Tsunki

That’s true but I hate been accused of doing something I haven’t. I’m an honest bloke and if I’d done something I’d hold my hands up but I haven’t!

• 14 The Blog Troll Hunter // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:26 PM

Hehe yep tsunki usually him and two other well known blog crackpots.

• 15 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:29 PM

Doumbia cleared to play? Awesome news!! And going from awesome to simply ridiculous- someone is called ‘the blog troll Hunter’? What a sad little thing you are…

• 16 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:34 PM

I’m beong accused of being a wum by a wum well ain’t that weird!

• 17 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:36 PM

TFL

Honestly it’s not worth your time.

• 18 WWSBRD // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Chancels a troll I knew it from the start, something about him trying to discuss football on here never sat well with me!

• 19 The Blog Troll Hunter // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:37 PM

Oh and just like clockwork here comes young magpie from Burnley another one of your identities hehe I was just about to say you’re by far the smartest crackpot we have but nope obviously not.

• 20 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:37 PM

TFL,

hahaha

• 21 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM

thnk pplhave been sniffed out, hence jonjo, troll hunter, and toonbotherer, are prob all the same idiot…

• 22 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM

WWSBRD
    me and you have spoken many times I am no wum

• 23 WWSBRD // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Chancel
    Haga I know mate just having a touch of fun

Seems u have a fan….or maybe I am part of ur giant charade

Hell of a setup if I am so kudos

• 24 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM

WWSBRD
    Oh right lol, sorry mate. I must have 15 computers and 20 mobile phones to do all those wumjobs

• 25 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM

TFL

I believe he is joking mate.

• 26 lesh // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Ffs

Have some posters got nowt better to do than get at Chancel?

Give the lad a break – he’s got enough on his plate and doesn’t need the hassle.

• 27 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:45 PM

TFL

Hey that’s my setup… 😉 lol.

• 28 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:45 PM

As it happens I am now speaking to you from my laptop so Ed must have fixed the problem.

• 29 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Lesh
    Thank you mate, I must admit this has got to me a bit but glad most people realise I am not a Multiple/Wum/Troll/Jib

• 30 WWSBRD // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Chancel
    Nee bosh lad haha lot of foreshadowing if am in on it aswell think I have a few blog years on ya

Been ages since I’ve been targeted on here clearly my influence on blog-itics is shrinking, I was formally vice priminister to the “give Ashley a chance” party…can u imagine?!? How things have changed

• 31 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:47 PM

YMFB

Really? lol

• 32 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:48 PM

WWSBRD

Ashley tbf has spent the dough so it’s all on Macca now

• 33 banjax // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:48 PM

After the board has stumped up (as it promised) and brought in 4 players in January, there is still the manager and chairman who remain to be dealt with. As we are running out of time, I would suggest that no more than three games be given to win at least two of the three games and if no luck replace them before we are relegated.

• 34 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Jeff…you are only good for about a minute!

Was that the best answer you could give earlier to a simple question? I think everyone are very anxious to know! Senor Tuff had an explanation, but I think you should have the opportunity to answer for yourself! So what is it?

• 35 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:53 PM

TFL

Haha no, could you imagine actually investing your money into a setup like that? What a side life senior Jeff has…

• 36 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:53 PM

YMFB

pmsl

• 37 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Sad*

• 38 Mister Tuff // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Great news about Doumbia – was having doubts about his work permit -but he got it sorted.

Wally said the problem is scoring. Both Townsend and Doumbia say they are fit and ready to go – so my guess is straight into the team.
    Doumbia CF – don’t think he’ll start with Mitro but
    Perez and Gini.

Will be keeping an eye on Townsend -whether he can take people on his left on the left wing.
    Will he be cutting inside. Will he be sticking to the line. Any row z shots.
    Might even see a chase on 1 to 1 with Doumbia -after a decent through ball.

Here’s hoping Wally has come up with a decent plan over the last couple of days.
    3 -1 to the Toon – Martinez whingeing afterwards.

• 39 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:56 PM

So Doumbia can play, will he start or be a sub?

• 40 The Blog Troll Hunter // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Yes he talks football but the rest of his identities don’t, usually abuse jail for Ashley or do weird shit like telling crap jokes, posting Eurovision songs amongst other crys for help. Keep your eyes peeled and stop blaming the other resident crackpots it’s not them. Time to work it out for yourselves.
    Farewell.

• 41 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:57 PM

I reckon 3-1 too

• 42 Hail Wor Ashley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Blog Troll Hunter has to be Beattie.

• 43 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:58 PM

TFL

Hopefully start, his pace is something we have been lacking. Give Mitro a rest, he looked out of it last week.

• 44 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 5:59 PM

I have 1 account only, this one! I don’t foray into the murky world of Wummage so please look elsewhere detective.

• 45 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:00 PM

YMFB

yeah his pace could be the key tonight

• 46 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Senor Tuff…do you think McC will start with Doumbia? I could see him playing his version of 4-2-3-1 (4-4-1-1) with Mitro on top, Wini behind and Townsend on the left.

If that doesn’t work he’ll put Doumbia on and probably go some sort of 4-4-2.

• 47 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Jesper

Mitro is too slow to play up top by himself, mitro is best when he has a striking partner

• 48 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:05 PM

TFL

We should start with this tonight.

____________Elliot
    Janmaat_Mbemba_Coloccini_dummett
    ________Saivet_Shelvey
    Sissoko_____Gini_____Townsend
    ___________Doumbia

Sub on:
    Aarons for Townsend
    Perez for Doumbia
    Marveaux for Sissoko???

• 49 Mister Tuff // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Jesper – must start him surely – unless there has been realisation at training that he is crap/unfit.
    Thought about Mitro playing as well but they both might want to lead the line – so opted not for that -that is not to say if things are going crap to put another striker on.
    Townsends discipline will be interesting.
    hope there is no sitting back – get at them from the off.

• 50 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:06 PM

YMFB

I think Colback would be better than Saivet, Marveaux should be nowhere near the first team tbh

• 51 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Sure has the ring of Beattie with that sign off “farewell”

Hope you’ve thought this one through Beattie 🙂

• 52 Mister Tuff // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Most important player tonight – Shelvey – if he can be protected/ and have a bit of space to pick out the passes – game set and match.

• 53 manxpie // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:11 PM

I seen yesterday that he wasn’t able to train and it was maybe because he is not allowed to work without a visa god knows if it’s true
    but i doubt he’ll start without training with the team tbh game plan an all that

• 54 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Colback is injured though? Marveaux deserves a chance, if we’re winning the game of course.

• 55 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Is Colby injured? I didn’t know that

• 56 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Why are we talking about Colback? Hasn’t enough been spent this January so we don’t have to do that?

• 57 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Tsunki

Because unfortumately he is our best other option for holding midfielder besides Shelvey.

• 58 The Blog Troll Hunter // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:25 PM

It’s quite simple really email Ed Harrison and he’ll clear your name.
    Post it on the blog and make a fool out of me. It’s as easy as that.

I wouldn’t have posted it unless I was 100% convinced, you can make up your own minds. Enjoy the game.

• 59 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Tsunki

I was just saying I’d rather play Colback than saivet

• 60 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM

I can see an 85th minute sub coming on to rescue a point tonight. Hardly a prophecy I know but there it is.

• 61 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM

wummage… pmsl

• 62 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Ymfb that is a depressing thought right there.

• 63 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:29 PM

BT H ( see what I did there? ) I don’t think Ed has the time or inclination to type out testimony for every blogger accused of Rank Wummage on here.

• 64 MacToon // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:31 PM

85th minute, as early as that? My money’s on 87 -88th minute.

• 65 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Tsunki

I have been emailing Ed and he’s fixed the problem, I am not going to bother the poor fella again to satisfy some two bit Hercule Poirot

• 66 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:32 PM

…the Art of Wummery.

Wummin’ – Double U, U, M,M,I,N….
    Ah’ll say it again!

• 67 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:33 PM

TFL – what was the solution? Take the notebook off your ear and swap it for the phone on your lap?

• 68 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Tsunki

pmsl, not entirely sure but he changed my password and that solved the problem

• 69 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:35 PM

TFL I don’t think so much Hercules Poirot as Hong Kong Phooey.

• 70 check the toastie // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Beattie had some good views on Pardew for sure, the man destroyed the club with his insipid football, it is now taking some decent coaching staff a long time to implement a new style.

The most embarrassing heartless performance from any Newcastle team was done with Parsnip in charge, I believe he actually had some decent players to work with up till last season, BT the brand of football he employed was brutal.

He will be sacked from Palace next year for sure.

Anyways hope the lads put a proper effort in tonight, any points would be great, we must win on Saturday, must win…

• 71 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Tsunki

lol, used to watch that as a kid

• 72 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:38 PM

My prediction is 2-2. This game should have goals.

• 73 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Senor Tuff…I would be surprised if Doumbia started. Has he even trained yet?

• 74 Mister Tuff // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Didnt realise that Doumbia has hardly trained and not played for a while and Wally says he has to be bedded in.
    Slightly reduces my shout he’ll be straight in at CF.
    Knowing Wally -if we are getting beat he’ll bring him on in the 85 minute.

Poll in the Chronic 71% would not start him.
    Anyway just about 7-8 minutes before the team is announced.

• 75 Mister Tuff // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Jesper – just been reading the Chronic -so now have doubts about him starting.

• 76 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:40 PM

I’d just like to see some shape and purpose to the side for once. Even when we win I don’t think we ever bossed a side, not for a long time. There’s always patches where we look really ragged and unsure of roles. If our tight passing improved in midfield and we had some real cutting edge up front I think the defence would take care of itself.

Btw has anyone got a stat on which defences in the premier league are the most bombarded or beleaguered or such like? I bet I know which ones they are ha ha.

• 77 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:41 PM

My Team

===========Elliot=========
    Lascelles======Colo=======Mbemba

Janmaat====Sissoko=Shelvey===Gini===Townsend

============Doumbia====Mitro

• 78 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:41 PM

TFL wasn’t he a dog that dressed like inspector gadget and failed at Kung fu?

• 79 Mister Tuff // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM

See Doumbia has been allocated number 28.

• 80 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Tsunki

That’s the one

• 81 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I thought Doumbia was 88

• 82 Tsunki // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:43 PM

TFL that’s a packed midfield I think Wijnaldum should be forward of those two.

• 83 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:43 PM

We are the team who have leaked the third most goals!

• 84 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:43 PM

TFL

Not a bad looking line up… Don’t think it will ever happen though.

• 85 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:45 PM

I would love to see a 4-3-3, but McC just doesn’t want to play that formation 🙁

• 86 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Tsunki

Yeah gini and sissoko further forward sort of a 3-2-3-2

• 87 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Chancel…well they say he’s only 28 😉

• 88 manxpie // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Perez starts for mitro happy with that team like

• 89 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Maybe…

_______________Elliot
    ____Janmaat_Coloccini_Mbemba
    _______________Saivet
    Sissoko__Shelvey__Wijnaldum_Townsend
    ___________Perez_Doumbia

• 90 Laurent Robert 32 // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Really looking forward to tonight’s game. Hope we can play well and get 3 points.

• 91 BandB // Feb 3, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Chancel

If I was a recently resurfaced WUM who thought a “two bit Hercule Poirot” was giving me grief, my latest invention would be a blog troll hunter who would pick on an innocent poster like yourself, while another one of my manifestations sympathised with you and made tut-tutted the evil ways of blog troll hunters.
    Which is exactly what’s been happening tonight.
    Ignore it.

Anyway, there’s a football match to watch, and no time for this tosh.

HWTL

• 92 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 3, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Won’t be seeing Doumbia then!

previous post: Newcastle Fans Split Three Ways On Everton Result