The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Aleksandar Mitrovic’s All Important Goal – Video

6:03 pm, Saturday, February 6th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

aleksandar mitrovic scores weat brom

Aleksandar Mitrovic after scoring Newcastle’s winner after 33 minutes

Here’s Mitrovic’s great goal today set up by a brilliant through ball from the very impressive Jonjo Shelvey.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against West Brom?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Please see if you can help get 30 year-old life-long Newcastle fan Alfath to fulfill his dream and visit St. James’ Park – click here.

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Video · Video Screen

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 hibbitt // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:06 PM

banjax
    not sure which game you watch but if we had won by the odd 5/6 i would not have been surprised we just can not put the ball in the net ………….other than that a great team performance 8/10

• 2 Readingmag // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Thank you hibbit, thought I was Really daft !

• 3 BandB // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:09 PM

You can only beat what’s in front of you.
    Wins have been as rare as Bank Holidays for the past 12 months, so I’m going to celebrate as if it was one.
    Things could look a lot worse tonight.
    I thought that was a very commendable comeback by Lucky Legs Taylor.
    He coulda been a contender, that lad.

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:09 PM

toonkk
    I was at the game, we were on top but hardly played particularly well, WBA are absolutely shite and they should be very worried.

• 5 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:16 PM

West Ham and Man Utd got dominated for the majority of the game and West Brom were made to look like the rugby team cloggers that they really are the lack of a finisher nearly cost us again though !!

Why the hell did we not start like a train against Everton and Watford though? Both of them were shite and down in confidence and if we had pressed them they would have folded makes the win all the more frustrating when you see us fight for the ball like that at home !!

Actually can see us getting a result against Chelsea as we always perform for Sky Sports !!

• 6 MadisonToon // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:16 PM

JfA

Anything noteworthy that you think the TV cameras didn’t catch? Definitely a necessary 3 points but with the domination from that game, I would have hoped to win by a few. A win’s a win, though.

• 7 will die for the toon army // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Mitrovic the UNTOUCHABLE

He makes us play better. Wijnaldum should be benched. Start Perez.

• 8 Lindisfarne // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:17 PM

I hope at the end of the season is does not come down to goal difference. It is great to finally have a win but not that encouraging, unless they can build on todays performance.

• 9 BandB // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Jail

Pulis lost a battle of wills with his chairman last week.
    A man like him relies on not losing battles of will, and I imagine he may have lost some of his aura within that dressing room.

• 10 AncientC // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:19 PM

I would like to congratulate Carr on the 3 points a great performance today. I believe it is only fair that Carr gets some of the credit, considering he gets a large portion of the blame for losses.

• 11 MadisonToon // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Lindisfarne

I hope it doesn’t come down to that either as we aren’t looking too pretty in that category. Hopefully it doesn’t matter, but it’s definitely something that we need to try to push up when we can (like today, I would have thought).

• 12 cestriasteve // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Just got back from my first game since suffering a stroke a few months back, thought we dominated from the off. Tiote and Shelvey worked well together.

My only concerns was the apparent level of fitness, there was a fair few hanging by the end of the game and Aarons is definitely no FB, glad Steve McClaren decided to switch Sissoko to give him a bit of support.

• 13 will die for the toon army // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM

NUFC is hard to understand.

Doesnt Mcca have substitutes.

Shelvey is the new Ass. Manager. Thats his new nickname always pointing and instructing other players.

Townsend created alot wen he was on the right but should see Janmatt’s runs.

• 14 Jib // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:21 PM

17 Newcastle 24
    18 Norwich City 23
    19 Sunderland 20
    20 Aston Villa 16

DAVEMAC
    I think the officials thought after a confab that the ball deflected off Mitro who was retreating from an offside position.
    We’ll find out if they were right at 22.20 when MotD will analyse it to death.

• 15 MadisonToon // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:21 PM

cestriasteve

Glad to hear you’re alright, looks like the team’s been waiting for you to come back before they win a game!

• 16 cestriasteve // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Madison,
    Thanks, the last game I went to was Norwich so I don’t know what all the fuss is, we are quality!!

Just got to tell our lass when she gets home that I used the lift, I nearly popped a blood vessel doing the stairs to level 7.

• 17 welshgeordie9 // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM

I wish people would get off shelvey and Townsends back, judge end of next season, I hope finally that tiote and shelveys partnership turns out very good.

• 18 MadisonToon // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Sometimes you’ve got change plans a little, but one plan you better not change is going to games. Clearly, we need you at them. I take it you’ll be at Chelsea?

• 19 JAMSHA // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM

ppl on twitter are again being overconfidnt lol, if we loose again they will say oh he was shit

• 20 Lindisfarne // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Madison
    A second striker should have been used but Shtevie kept it safe. I thought Gini offered for the ball, carried a threat and does not deserve to be singled out for criticism. However i wonder if Tiote and Saviet would make a goid DM pair and push Shelvy forward for the odd game, when we play a 4231 formation.

• 21 welshgeordie9 // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM

JAMSHA

That’s the point I’m making about those two players.

• 22 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Let’s not get carried away now, we played a very lacklustre West Brom that offered absolutely nothing going forward making our defence look better then it probably is. Having said that we look like a much better team when in possession rather then just looking to counter-attack. Shelvey is definately key to our team when we are in possession although he’s not great when we are chasing a team.

• 23 welshgeordie9 // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Try and keep tiote fit after today’s performance.

• 24 cestriasteve // Feb 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Madison,

I’m a bit of a gym freak as well and do 10k four/five times a week, neurologist says I’m a very lucky guy, was great to be back today though, great day for more reasons than you can imagine, 2 months ago I couldn’t manage my house stairs!! Never mind 36 flights of them.

• 25 metaloverlord // Feb 6, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Was I the only one in the ground who thought that the horrible gutless ex Mackenzie McClean should have been sent off for throwing the elbow. Or were my eyes deceiving me.

• 26 metaloverlord // Feb 6, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Mackem not Mackenzie damn auto text

previous post: Fans Explode On Twitter On Great Performance And 3 Points