Incredibly Upbeat Interview With This Newcastle Player

Steven Taylor has a very good game for Newcastle yesterday and that was impressive especially since t was his first appearance for Newcastle since late August when he played the full game in the 0-0 draw at Old Trafford.

His experience and great heading ability could make a huge difference for us in the run-in to the league, but the main thing is to keep Steven fit.

Steven+Taylor+Newcastle+United+v+West+Bromwich+oVD4I_6BrDXl

Steven Taylor with goalscorer Mitrovic after win

This is what Steven Taylor has said on the Newcastle web-site today:

“I’ve got my buzz and my swagger back. So far, so good. I feel like a million dollars.”

“I was out in Qatar for a week in January doing the final stages of my rehab and that was a huge help. When I came back I told the head coach I was ready and hungry.”

“I’ve had to sit patiently. I’ve found myself out of the team, but I’ve got my head down, grafted and waited for my chance to come.”

“Today I was back to where I want to be, playing football for Newcastle United. There is no better feeling.”  “Coming into the game, there was pressure on our shoulders because there is a lot of frustration at the moment.”

“But we started off fantastically, we controlled the game with our possession, we made them run a lot, they were frightened with what we had going forward, and I thought we looked solid at the back.”

“From Mitro all through the pitch to Robbie, I thought everyone worked so hard and played their part.”

“We still need to finish our chances but we got the goal, controlled things and saw the game out well. We kept a clean sheet and everyone crawled off that pitch because it was a great team performance.

“It was a job well done.”

There’s an upbeat Steven Taylor for you – but as we said earlier we hope he can stay fit

That’s the main thing with Steven, who is one of the few players along with Fab Coloccini who played in the relegation season of 2008-2009 and then we came straight back up from the Championship in the next season.

Steven’s contract ends in June and it could be the local lad is in his final season at Newcastle United.

Steven joined Newcastle when he was just 9 years old back in 1995 and he made his debut in 2004 under Sir Bobby Robson.

• Tsunki

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Ashley Out!

• sing in the corner

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:28 PM

And by the way, can I have a new deal please?

• toon kk

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:54 PM

It’s accurate passing and pace we just can’t handle, we turn into headless chickens and every player we have looses confidence and we end up getting hammered.
    We got to learn to play our game and not give the ball away so cheaply.
    We got two examples of our play in our last two games.

• mattyNUFC

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:58 PM

finally watched the first half and was able to honestly vote for MOTM, and that undoubtedly was Jonjo Shelvey. That’s the Shelvey we need, and in order to keep his performances on par, he needs a Tiote or Colback there to lay deep with him. Saivet has played well but to say, as some people have, he was the best of a bad bunch the last two matches isn’t really doing justice to how pathetically everyone played as a whole.

anyway, onwards:

If coloccini is a 1 in 6 player, Janmaat is a 2 in 3 player, and yesterday was one of those matches. Great game and 2nd in MOTM for me

next Mitrovic (for the first 60/65 mins). incredibly important to our game

Tiote played well but not as well as many working making out. solid game

Lastly, Townsend. What to say, really. He had some good movement but if i’m blunt, he’s an English Obertan. Can run, has pace, excellent work rate, but he’s never going to set the world alight on a consistent basis. Obertan is very frustrating and I like nearly everyone else, became increasing fed up with his erratic decision making. I truly believe in time many fans will place Andros in a similar category to Oba. I sure hope he excels but he was very frustrating against West Brom with glimpses of promise, and it was a pretty pathetic debut at Everton.

Overall, a great great watch. Oh, and Stevie Taylor was great. Macca should just not allow him to train, as it’ll be between another match or two that he picks up an injury during training.

And what the hell is the use of having a goal machine on the bench when we’re lacking in goals? Doumbia is doomed to end up like another of our miserable loanees, unfortunately. sad to see, yet again.

• Lindisfarne

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Team to start against Chelsea:
    _________Doumbia
    de Jong___Shelvey___Sissoko
    _______Tiote___Saviet
    Aarons__Collo__Taylor__Janmaat
    __________Elliot

• carl

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:07 PM

It’s a real worry for the rest of the season that we only scored once against that shower.

I can’t remember the last Premier League team I saw who were so devoid of skill and intent as that lot. Foster seemed to waste as much time in the last 20 minutes as he did in the first 20. Pulis came for a 0-0 and didn’t change tactics when they went behind. Not many away fans which given you had to watch that garbage was understandable. Pulis was very sullen and that said a lot of a team just going through the motions.

Reply Report

• carl

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Ed
    Still waiting for a reply to my report.

• hibbitt

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:09 PM

mattyNUFC
    doumbia looked to be a bit overweight maybe just not ready to start a good weeks training and he should be ready to go

• Tsunki

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:13 PM

You reporting someone Carl?

• Bambams

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:13 PM

That must of hurt….
    Zouma will be missing for our game

• toon kk

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:14 PM

What was Berahino like yesterday? He looks a little chubby going off Motd.

• carl

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Yes but not you Tsunki.

• geordiemark

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:17 PM

I wouldn’t play Sissoko again he offers nothing to the team and only showing up to make sure hes in the French squad for the euros that is all and if any club wants to hand over 27 million for this garbage id snap there hands off

• geordiemark

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:18 PM

toon kk

I wouldn’t pay 20 million for him more like 8 million tops

• geordiemark

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM

carl

I would be in for foster end of the season good keeper, I would let krul go think Elliot has earned the goalkeeping jersey

• toon kk

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Man u 1 up at Chelsea, great goal.

• Thump

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:24 PM

@toon kk: I don’t remember him getting a shot off. Come to think of it, I don’t remember him making more than one pass either.

• JamesToon

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Would anyone take Sturridge in the summer instead of Berahino. Top 4 class striker when fit

• hibbitt

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:28 PM

JamesToon
    but never fit….. should be perfect for us

• Toon Tang

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM

So why do we perform so bogus away from home then people. Is it Mcclazza setting us up to fail with lack of tactical oomph. Or is it our players such as gini and soks just don’t like being taken from thier comfort zones?

• geordiemark

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM

JamesToon

like you said james its his fitness end of the day and there shouting about 30 million don’t think hes worth anywhere near that price id pay 15 tops

• hibbitt

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM

toon kk:
    Berahino was never in the game overweight and not fit not worth 10 bob on yesterdays performance !!!

• toon kk

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Geordie and Thump
    Maybe it was for the best we didn’t get him not at that price anyway. Maybe he just needs to get away from WB. he’s MA type though, one for the future.

• geordiemark

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:34 PM

hibbitt

I think really he set his heart on joining us so didn’t preform at all to prove it

• Toon Tang

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Baffled.

• Thump

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:42 PM

@toonkk: In all fairness, he hasn’t been playing a lot and WBA were awful yesterday. They did look more dangerous but I think that was more Rondon’s presence than Berahino.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:48 PM

carl,
    You and Ian etc have been reporting me for years now, might back fire on you, you fruitcake !

• MacToon

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Just for the record, as it is ALL on record:

Mister Tuff // Feb 7, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Carl what is your relationship to Ian Toon?

——————————————

carl // Feb 7, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Tuff
    I do not know Ian Toon at all and have not to my knowledge ever met him. I do see him as a good though infrequent contributor to the blog.

—————————–

carl // Mar 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I do not know Pushy. I went to the same uni as IT and I got him part time work whilst he was studying. We have not met up for around 18 months although we correspond from time to time as were in the same line of business. You can take whatever line you wish but for me IT remains inviolate.

—————————–

Like I say, just for the record –

• JamesToon

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Hibbitt

I don’t think that’s fair on Berahino, he’s playing in a system that he’s not suited to at all where the ball bypasses him most of the time and has hardly been played, I think he had every right to want to move in january

• carl

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:03 PM

The difference is that when away and things don’t go well we let our heads drop. Wijnaldum looks a different player away from home and we need to match sides in midfield otherwise we get swamped . McClaren needs to be more imaginative with his substitutions and timing. We should play a 4-3-3 and not with 2 DM’s.
    Another team is going to get dragged into the relegation battle but if we can start on the front foot and create chances at home, why does a side built to counter attack fail so miserably away from SJP?

Jail
    You’ve challenged me a few times when I come on the blog. I’m fed up with it.! Ed is the best one to sort it out it’s not a question of me reporting you and Tuff but hoping you’ll carry out your hunt elsewhere. Nothing personal but stop as I like an occasional chat on here and without your aggression.

• Goofy

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM

Was West Brom that bad or did we stop them from playing? Imho we dominated the whole game, not giving them anything. Not getting the negative comments about it being a boring game. That’s the best we’ve played this season.

Townsend looked really good yesterday, nice touches, pace and quick thinking, to compare him to Obertron is nuts. The only thing they have in common is pace, Obertan is thick in a football sense, (don’t know him off the park) Townsend showed a lot of promise and hunger, Obertron looks lost.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:05 PM

MacToon,
    We’ll start calling you Colombo I think. I remember that post but thought they worked in IT together. Unbelievable, how long can he go on denying this ?

• Belfast

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Could you complain about the artful spammer Tsunki while you’re at head office Carl ? Thanks.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:07 PM

carl,
    I have suffered more than most from yours, Ian and sack Llambias hate campaign, you talk about bullying yet you have invented a gang to do just that. You don’t know Ian but got him a job ?
    Yer right!

• carl

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Jail
    Go ahead. It’s not me and although it was almost 3 years ago I think I would have remembered. Do I need to add MacToon or was he just an incidental.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:10 PM

carl,
    You went to the same Uni ? as a teacher I presume as you claim to be in your sixties while Ian romances of times had by his elders.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM

A different lower case carl, the worlds full of them !

• Mister Tuff

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Carl said earlier he was waiting for a report from Ed, and then following a question, said he had reported someone.
    I can only assume he has reported himself for being a multiple and has thrown himself upon Ed’s mercy.

MacToon has done a sterling research job -finally revealing evidence from the horses mouth about who are the multiples – that will be alongside all the lies and deceipt to folk on here.

Tell the truth and you do not have to remember lies.
    Lie – and unless you are incredibly intelligent – you will eventually fall foul of your web of lies and get mixed up – as has occurred today.
    A good day for the blog and hopefully an end to Alpha Dogs shenanigans, deceipt, bare faced lies – should reduce the rows on here.

Carl – keep us updated with the report you are awaiting from Ed – I hope I do not sound doubtful if I suggest we’ll hear nothing more on that front.
    A bloody good day for the blog!

• carl

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Jail
    I can’t speak for others but I have never reported you or Tuff. I don’t know the other characters you listed and that includes Hail for Ashley.
    Your plain wrong.

• MacToon

Feb 7, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Oh, I’m most definitely an incidental. I just don’t like inaccuracies though.

1 2 3 6