The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Striker Urged To Join Newcastle By Former Player

10:20 pm, Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 121 Comments

Former Newcastle right-back Habib Beye was at the Tyneside club for a couple of seasons from 2007 and the 35 times capped Senegal International was our Player f the Season for 2007-2008 with over 51% of the vote.

Habib then surprisingly left us for Aston Villa in August of 2009 after we were relegated – and his career basically went south from then on – and he played only 19 times for Aston Villa in two seasons before joining Doncaster Rovers initially on loan where he saw out his career and retired in 2013.

He played only 41 first team games in four years after leaving Newcastle.

bafe gomis swasnea

Bafe Gomis – should have joined Newcastle?

He is one of the many players who leave Newcastle and their careers seem to go south fairly quickly for whatever reason.

Beye is now a football pundit in France and he has had his say on what he thinks Bafe Gomis should have done in January.

This is what Habib told France Football

“Bafe is a real top player but he is not the kind of player who will win back the ball, dribble, and a break through you from 40 meters out.

“He is a player that must be used, who will make runs to the near post, a strong boy, strong in the air.”  “He loves spaces and not so much playing in the small areas developed by the Swans.

“In these circumstances, it is difficult for him to shine.” “And then he is also a victim of poor performances of his team.

“When they are not good, they tend to strengthen the defense, even sacrificing a striker Andre Ayew  and Gylfi Sigurdsson have a broader palette; they can play anywhere in attack, swap, participate in the game but also defend.

This is not Bafe’s game.” “I think Bafe would have done better to leave in the winter transfer window.

“There are clubs looking for players of his profile such as Newcastle, who contacted him, but he eventually stayed.

“Given the game time that is granted, it will be difficult for him to reverse the trend.”  “Bafe is a physical player who needs a run of matches and score to be good. He needs to be confident.

“This confidence, he will have to go get himself. He will need to enjoy this little game time we give him to be decisive.”

Bafe Gomis did not fit Newcastle´s profile of strikers we want longer term – and Newcastle would have had to sign Bafe to a permanent deal since he was not available on loan.

There was also news that Swansea were unwilling to sell another player to their relegation rivals, after they had been severely criticized for selling play-maker Jonjo Shelvey in early January.

That deal is now generally considered to be the best transfer of last month.

Bafe´s wages have also been a  problem and is one reason Newcastle shied away from him when he was a free agent in the summer of 2014 after he saw out his five year contract at Lyon.

We´re OK that he didn´t arrive on Tyneside and are now hoping that Steve McClaren prevails in the summer and we go back in for 22 year-old Saido Berahino of West Brom,  who is a known quantity in the Premier League and can score goals – when fit.

Habib Beye – while at Newcastle 2007-2009

Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette would be really expensive and doesn´t want to come to Newcastle in any case – so even though he is Graham Carr´s favorite and from France – we´d prefer to see Saido sign for us in the summer.

We are already seeing Englishmen Shelvey and Andros Townsend starting to produce quickly for Newcastle this year.

habib beye

Habib Beye today

That doesn´t happen with expensive French imports and we should have learned our lesson by now.

Finally, Habib Beye was a good right back for us and was signed by Sam Allardyce in the summer of 2007 and he played 54 times for us with one goal.

What do you think?

Comment welcome.

121 responses so far ↓

• 1 Rhys Boyd // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:22 PM

No Thanks

• 2 Mister Tuff // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Yer -the good guys are racists, homophobes, zenophobes -and those spouting gutter level abuse.
    Yer -really good guys.

Your morality compass needs re-setting.

• 3 CJ // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Not convinced about Berahino. Silly money being quoted for someone who fundementaly does not want to come to Newcastle. We don’t need prima-donnas we need players who are committed and take pride in playing for Newcastle and the Newcastle fans……we could do with a board of directors who feel the same as well

• 4 BandB // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Howdy CJ

• 5 bettyswallocks // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Jib Jibberish or Jib, it’s all very confusing but I do feel Jib is part of the furniture whatever he might be. Maybe he’s O.

• 6 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:50 PM

Well after sorting things out with Ed, I’m now unmoderated again.

Who won between Liverpool and West Ham?

• 7 Mister Tuff // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Ian Toon – you posted earlier that I was being moderated for bullying – what exactly do you mean?

• 8 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 9, 2016 at 10:55 PM

West Ham won in extra time I see,

Gomis is not the kind of player we want/need

• 9 Tsunki // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:10 PM

Is John Tudor calling himself polymorph now? I can’t keep up.

Ian, I noticed you cited jib as one of the ‘good guys’. You are either off your collective trollies or as big a clapping wheelie bin lid as he is. Or both.

Whatever, that kind of judgement pegs you firmly in the place of characters like jeff. You are strangely adjusted I must say. Maybe when you finally get your underpants unsnagged from the stairlift you’ll find it in your heart to be a little less embittered about your fellow humans, who knows?

• 10 Belfast // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:13 PM

Are you and Pokat back together again?

• 11 Belfast // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:13 PM

There’s a bad moon on the rise…….

• 12 Tsunki // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:14 PM

If jeff was actually part of a stable of some lunatic multiple posting personalities, it might explain why he was able to brush off the endless ridiculing he got from his embarrassing mistakes. Whoever invented him did not care about the attacks on one of his disassociated personae. He was an invention, and could be thrown under the bus endlessly for the sake of entertainment.

Funny people, funny world.

• 13 Tsunki // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:17 PM

No Belfast, Pokat is in hypersleep. I’m going to bed now but I’m sure one of the Ian’s or jeffs will post some kind of reply to me at 3am with your name thrown mysteriously in there somewhere. I do hope you aren’t being stalked. 🙂

• 14 Belfast // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:27 PM

I’m not going to lie I googled that name a few nights ago pervert that I am and did think it was your Twatter account Chancel.

I didn’t really know what the Craic was at the time to be fair to ye.

It did sound like you.

But I had retired after Catchys pet lip saga I Could be rusty.

• 15 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:33 PM

Belfast mate its not mine. For starters my real name is James but I’ve agreed with Ed to let it drop and not mention the shenanigans that’s gone on. So i’ll leave it there mate.

• 16 bettyswallocks // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Tsunki….. Well done you worked it out. I think Polymorph is John Tudor. He never got over the abuse from Jib.

• 17 Belfast // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Aye fair enough mate but that Rob must read the blog if he closed his Twitter account and internet accounts .

It was like watching 24 hours in police custody reading that back lol

• 18 bettyswallocks // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:41 PM

I think Jesper is Danish.

• 19 Premiership Manager // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:41 PM

If Gomis was half as good as some make out he would have been a major success at Swansea like Bony. They are a good passing side and anybody who watched the goals Gomis scored before going to Swansea will quickly see it was the guy who supplied who put the ball on a plate for him that enabled him to score.

In the EPL Gomis is an also ran, not particularly pacey, not skillful and his first touch is terrible. For a professional footballer in the EPL there is little to recommend him.

Mitro will come good and although we could do with another CF we need to develop the reserve players. Wijnaldum could play up front in his own right with Perez or Doumbia in support, it’s not sa if we don’t have options.

Ed should also realise that with Townsend, Sissoko and Shelvey supplying we now have options and combinations that should enable us to stay up and build a team for next years campaign that with a few more players should be challenging for Europe

• 20 Belfast // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:42 PM

He’s not betty he’s thickish ha ha

• 21 Belfast // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:47 PM

Aye Skunki I’ve a funny feeling that those guys have been squatting in my shed like.

• 22 Mister Tuff // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:48 PM

I don’t think we should jump to conclusions and assume that Jib has been banned.
    I think he’s just having a quiet night off the blog with Jane – maybe watching the telly. Perhaps a romantic evening.
    Jib -if you just pop on to see what is happening – not much to report -have a quiet night. Nighty night.

• 23 jane // Feb 9, 2016 at 11:56 PM

• 24 Offkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Tfl – the more you name drop Ed the more you sound like the Ian toon.

Just to let all you guys know, I have had a chat with ed and he has confirmed I am who I claim to be…….muhahahaha

• 25 bettyswallocks // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM

Jane…… The plot thickens.

• 26 Offkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Yes…… The Ian toon, others sound like him but are not him……confirmed… Lol

• 27 Offkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:07 AM

Jane – don’t worry, only certain associated ip addresses are found. Your 4g iPhone is good Jane.

• 28 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:08 AM

Offkey I am me no one else

Is there any toon news to dig our teeth into?

• 29 beermonkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:08 AM

so has elma fud finished
    or is it still wum season

• 30 Toon fm Exeter // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Not posted for a while and to be honest reading back through the last few threads don’t think I will for a while longer

• 31 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:09 AM

From what Ed said he’s banned a ton of wums and trouble causers so the season is over

• 32 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:12 AM

I reckon we should go with this team against Chelsea

• 33 beermonkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:13 AM

good lets hope he keeps on it

• 34 beermonkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:16 AM

is sissoko injured or have u just dropped him

• 35 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:18 AM

aye mate

Sissoko is fit but not impressed me lately, I would drop him but that’s just me

• 36 Ibizatoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Here you go guys, some NUFC “news” to discuss…if you wish.

• 37 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:25 AM

I’m glad Newcastle have had the nouce to not raise prices but with the upcoming tv deal I would like to have seen the prices come down

• 38 beermonkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:27 AM

he will play a blinder at the weekend
    its the s called smaller teame he cant be bothered with

• 39 Ibizatoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:29 AM

Chancel…Ticket prices have become a little bit of an odd issue for me. The battle between value and quality.

Cheap tickets, but little investment is hardly worth watching at the end of the day.

Overpriced tickets, for a club who has all the best stars may well likely price some of the fans out of the picture.

As it stands, I don’t think the club have got the balance right. As you say, with the extra money coming in via TV deals, you’d think a match attending fan reward would be on the cards anyway.

Saw this the other day, which kind of ties in with this discussion (presuming this link works of course…)

• 40 beermonkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:32 AM

ibiza / chancel

how many tickests a week do the toon give away or sell cheaply through students or public services

you can only sell tickets for expensive price if you have people want to come through the door

• 41 Ibizatoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:34 AM

beermonkey…Exactly. I suppose if the tickets were in demand and they dropped the prices, I’d say fair enough, but that’s not how I understand the situation to be.

It smacks of doing something because they had to, but dressing it up as doing something amazing.

Not that it impacts this armchair fan…

• 42 beermonkey // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:46 AM

they could fill that stadium and charge what they liked if they wanted to

a team that tries

its not hard, they would rather throw away another income source

• 43 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Indeed, living on the other side of the world from my beloved NUFC for so many years has its drawbacks but after reading through a few days worth of utter crap on here by a series of internet warriors and drama queens, the time difference doesnt seem that bad after all.

At the very least, I dont gave to experience the inane codswallop of that harrumph from Canada.

Rant over

How is it going TUFF

• 44 Ibizatoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 12:49 AM

beermonkey…Not a shocker really. It’s been the plan and design since Ashley arrived. It’s what he knows and what they continue to pledge.

Affordable football. The SD way.

For some that’s not an issue. It seems.

• 45 Mister Tuff // Feb 10, 2016 at 1:08 AM

expat – morning/evening – whatever it is. Hows things.
    Quiet on the blog at the minute, Ed’s being doing a bit of spring cleaning -freshen the place up a bit. Place should be a lot cleaner when he’s finished.

• 46 manxpie // Feb 10, 2016 at 1:39 AM

jesus christ is this a very very belated millennium bug!
    WTF is wrong with some people and to think the only genuine (loveable) wum left is ketsbia
    ridiculous how a blog about football can turn into the biggest nut house the world has ever seen
    how about just having one user name and thats it?
    why have two
    for instance why was chancel getting moderated and wat did him and ed have a chat about? post the emails and prove it?
    why did ian use the number 23 the other day about how many “supported” him is that really how many names he uses!!! ffs grow up like
    ancient had it right earlier bunch of sCU NThorpes simple as that

• 47 manxpie // Feb 10, 2016 at 1:43 AM

plus tough its xenophobes! 🙂

• 48 lesh // Feb 10, 2016 at 1:44 AM

Now then Chancel.

Good to see you’re still posting after all the innuendo.

Hope you’re well and keep 🙂

• 49 manxpie // Feb 10, 2016 at 1:46 AM

ha ha i meant tuff! 🙂

• 50 Mister Tuff // Feb 10, 2016 at 1:58 AM

Manx – I stand corrected – just as well you corrected tough.

• 51 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 10, 2016 at 2:20 AM

Now the ordeal is over I’m happy and i’m keeping good thank you. health is improving 🙂

• 52 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 10, 2016 at 2:23 AM

I hope you aren’t referring to me as a North Lincolnshire resident

• 53 manxpie // Feb 10, 2016 at 2:40 AM

tuff for once i spelt as i typed lol

chancel wat does that mean?
    i just asked why have you been moderated and as you have sorted it out with ed why don’t you post his replies?
    just to prove it and all that once and for all?

• 54 Ibizatoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 3:05 AM

Manx…I think Chancel thought the xenophone comment might have been connected to him, perhaps?

It’s been a long day.

It does appear to be an often used fall back position. “I cleared it all up with Ed and agreed to just let it be, so wont be saying anymore on the matter…until I do” – Not a direct quote..of course.

As you say, why not just publish the info/emails and put an end to the matter. Same thing I was asking of Ed earlier. This situation has been going on for far too long, it’s pathetic and quite strange.

• 55 manxpie // Feb 10, 2016 at 3:34 AM

ibiza not being funny but i directed that at tuff and its obvious i did as i actually said his name so he can’t get it mixed up unless its his form of wit which right now i’m not in the mood lol
    but all these comments talking with ED can all be posted on here because there all direct emails same goes for ian toon
    i did it with jib to actually show how easy it was
    and once i asked ED after a big gaff by me that a poster jumped on and dragged it on who it was and he told me instantly who it was
    i didn’t mind as it was me who made a gaff but obviously ED can see instantly
    its just been ridiculous recently ibiza and the people doing it need to grow up and this………..

• 56 manxpie // Feb 10, 2016 at 3:38 AM

i’m even to start to wonder if actually there’s only about 3 people on the whole blog!
    if people are being accused and use ED as a way of saying they are now clear post your emails simple
    i was blocked once and didn’t know why turned out i tried to repost 300+ comments by mistake simple

• 57 Ibizatoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 3:48 AM

Manx…As I said, it’s been a long day and paranoia is rife. Obviously the message was addressed to Tuff, but to those not in the conversation (me included), maaybe weren’t really sure what you were talking about at all.

Anyway, no biggy.

I too have wondered how many people actually post on the blog. I sometimes wonder whether the blog even exists. Maybe I’m just extremely medicated, sat in some cell somewhere.

• 58 Ibizatoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 3:50 AM

Did you fall in to the cut and paste the whole comments section trap?

Just be thankful we don’t get 1,000+ comment articles these days.

• 59 manxpie // Feb 10, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Ah I belatedly get his joke about scu nthorpe haha as i say i was in a mood but yes chancel I am unless ya can prove it! its very weird you are caught up in this so post your emails with Ed and we’ll see
    yep ibiza i am in the mega repost club and there is nothing anyone can do about it ( well apart from block me and make me beg to do normal reposts again)
    That’s enough ranting from me today anyways nite ibiza or morning? But hopefully tomorrow brings a wum free day

• 60 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 5:12 AM

Jesus wept…..what a bunch of drama queens!!!!!!!!!!!

You have turned what was a great advert for discussion on NUFC into a fcuking agony aunt forum.

I cannot believe some of you fannies getting upset by peoples comments. If you dont like it, ignore it.

If I was Ed, I would shut the whole bloody thing down because it is getting pathetic.

The solution to the problem is that if those on here get so easily offended by so called WUMS, stay off the forum with your moaning and whinging.

Hopefully, we can get back to discussing the topic we all love eith a little bit of gentle good natured banter along the way.

• 61 george smiley // Feb 10, 2016 at 5:29 AM

pot and kettle
    i think far out man

• 62 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 5:32 AM

• 63 Ron Knee // Feb 10, 2016 at 5:46 AM

Morning jesper

After reading some of last night’s posts I think I now know what it’s like to live in North Korea!

• 64 Jail for Ashley // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:13 AM

easy for you to take the moral high ground when you’re tucked up in be while the majority of the trolling is taking place

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:16 AM

Aye expat,
    Shut the place down, great advice !

• 66 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:23 AM

Morning Ron…every night on here is Sunday Wum night now…it’s not just the obvious trolls.

…this it not actually something new, but it really has escalated!

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:24 AM

Have you been fcukin drinkin
    “The solution to the problem is that if those on here get so easily offended by so called WUMS, stay off the forum with your moaning and whinging”
    More good advice, so if everyone who wasn’t trolling stayed away you’d have a dedicated NUFC trolling site. Give your head a shake man!

• 68 Average_Contents // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:32 AM

Isn’t polymorph “angelswithdirtyfaces”?

Same moniker.

George smiley sounds like tudor.

Hi John 🙂

• 69 Jail for Ashley // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:34 AM

I got george smiley, but not the other one, they’re both just as bad !

• 70 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:37 AM

Calm down. You are getting upset over nought again. Like I say, if you dont like it, ignore it or stay away but dont come on the forum getting your knickers in a twist because some laughable WUM comes on here calling you a boring old fart……no offence like

• 71 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:45 AM

I think today I shall spend my time sifting through the internet to find out who I am, Oooo getting excited, hope I’m still me after.

On the ticket prices, I suppose we offer good value, price wise if not always on the pitch, when compared to some clubs.

I think I read that kids buying a half season ticket would be paying about £2.50 per game, now that has to be value.

• 72 Ron Knee // Feb 10, 2016 at 6:47 AM

So who is this Mr Observant?

• 73 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Ron @72

Not sure mate, he just appeared, read the riot act, and rode off into the sunset.

Who was that blog raider?

Guess we all should have been more Observant!

• 74 Ron Knee // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:03 AM

Thanks, mate. The plot thickens!

• 75 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:04 AM

The Wums have never really targeted me thankfully, but the blog was becoming ridiculous! I came on a few times, had a flick through the threads, and just couldn’t be bothered to sift through the drivel, song lyrics, poor jokes etc. I would guess I’m not the only one! The morning is generally better for actual discussion, and it suits my working day better so I am less affected then many, but I’m fully behind the attempt to clean up the blog. Even if the multiples get to keep one alias that talks football, fine.

• 76 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:11 AM

firebug…you guffball 😉

• 77 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:12 AM

It does indeed thicken, as he only had one agenda, he wanted to out Take a Chancel and Young Magpie From Burnley claiming they are one and the same person.

I have to be honest, his argument was plausible, but circumstantial at best.

I contested with him on behalf of Chancel and the fledgling Magpie for two reasons.

1. These two have not really been any bother to anyone on the blog, and both like to talk football.

2. Chancel has been through a pretty rough time of it lately, and could probably do without the add stress, and I like him as do many others.

I noticed that Mr Observant was not going after the more abusive posters though and seemed hell bent on just these two, I do find that strange.

• 78 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:13 AM

I try my best 🙂

• 79 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:15 AM

Some website have a security system where you have to register and then you get and email which you need to activate.

To register you have to use something that ID you. Makes it more or less impossible to be a multiple and if your only intensions are to be a Wum then Ed can easily spot you and out you.

The good thing it you won’t be able to just create a new account.

Is this really so difficult to set in motion?

• 80 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:20 AM

Has expat mag taken a couple of headache tablets yet.? 🙂

• 81 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:25 AM

Just logged in and nothing about an IP address -what was that about yesterday.

Incidently as expat is on I believe it was he who caused John Tudor to throw his toys out of the pram (sure expat can correct me if I have that wrong) a week or so ago. Polymorph perhaps ? but why the need for new name?

Mornings are usually the best time for footy related chat or a read if you are wanting to wake up gradually . let’s see what today holds after yesterday’s apparent clear out.

• 82 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:26 AM

He’ll be fine in a couple of days when this all blows over and we can get back to the normal arguments mixed with a little football talk.

• 83 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:30 AM

To be honest, I find it funny but it is clear that many dont.

I can see how it might spoil intelligent conversation but if people who are targetted just had the nous and determination to ignore the offensive and downright stupid, the forum would be a far better discussion engine for our club.

• 84 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:31 AM

Expat your comment re our Canadian friend goes to the heart of what is A WUM. He does my head in but is more than tolerated by many. It’s all part of the rich tapestry of Blog life.You seem to have my own approach – Just skip and move on. Having said that he does toss in the odd footy comment to season his contributions.

• 85 hibbitt // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:33 AM

can any one explain what the out come was after the great purge i got total lost with the who’s who of it all…………who got the banning orders who’s still here ????

• 86 reilly // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:35 AM

don’t let the wms and trolls win.

i see on the log in screen new users need an activation code.
    hope this sorts the crap out on here.

• 87 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:36 AM

G’day from the colonies mate. I think I would be the last one to need headache tablets pal.

The only person responsible for John Tudor leaving the blog was John Tudor himself. If we had won the league by 12 points, he would still have found something to moan about.

• 88 Lilongwe Geordie // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:36 AM

I have always just skipped past a lot of it, but the past week it has become ridiculous with the number of inane posts. Some offensive, some just spamming.

Some of the past stuff has been distasteful to others though, just because we are on a blog doesn’t mean that all sense of decency should go out the window. A while back I (and many others) pulled someone up on a post wishing cancer on a fellow blogger or their family. That is bang out of line regardless of your standing on Wums.

• 89 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Generally G2 is just trying to inject some humour so I don’t mind at least he’s not intentionally trying to upset anyone. A bit harsh really on the lad, seeing as many other posters have been downright invasive. It takes all sorts, and remember, YOU are grinding someone else’s gears. Bound to be.

• 90 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Sounds more like a corporate site system than a blog site set up by a retired NUFC fan. He does have an IT background so would imagine he is aware of what is available. Suspect it may be cost or time prohibitve for him. The simpler the better for me but it does have its drawbacks.

• 91 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:38 AM

Geordie Two, comes on to lighten the mood, some find him funny others not so much, he keeps any abuse for the clubs officials and players, and takes a lot of stick on the chin.

The blog is full of characters as it should be, as this creates the basis for discussion, Geordie Two use to talk more about the football, but still had the humour, but I think the wums and some of the abuse he got turned him more towards the humour.

For me he is still a decent poster.

• 92 mindshaft // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:40 AM

think theirs a lot of blog readers who basically have stopped reading comments – who can blame them, it’s constant whinging and trolling by the same 3 or 4 people and thier multiple profiles – sometimes even trolling themselves to try and throw people off the scent about thier multiple profiles … all rather pathetic
    why don’t you lot just go join a self help group

• 93 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:42 AM

And to prove my point expat mag is already calling me ‘pal’ g ha told you didn’t I? Doesn’t take much. And as for footy conversation, it’s hard to be spurred on by an article about who runs the furthest or players we cudda shudda wudda but didna.

• 94 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:42 AM

Expat @87

Sorry that seemed like an accusation – just recall that it was during an exchange with you on his moaning that he seemed to give up. You are right if course – his decision.

Humour isn’t of course universal but my point was I skip his regular evening contributions which irritate me but don’t others so each to their own.

• 95 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:43 AM

Expat – grumpy chops 😀

• 96 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:44 AM

I agree. There is no need for that.
    Fortunately or otherwise, whichever way you look at it, our tine zones seem to ensure we miss a large proportion of the inane comments.

I dont actually go back that often and read threads I have missed. It usually descends into a level of verbal diaharea and unrelated chit chat about anything other than NUFC, especially when that Canadian nutcase comes online.

• 97 hibbitt // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:44 AM

re tudor…………..why didn’t you just skip his posts….. a lot of what he said was valid at the time and were just his opinions you don’t have to agree….. yet you seem so much more tolerant of others ?????

• 98 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:44 AM

magscar…I am not an IT expert but there seems to be all sorts of options for someone like Ed where he can separate the wheat from the chaff!

It about making it as impossible as you can to those who want to ruin it for everyone else. I imagine Ed has a lot of work on his hands right now!

• 99 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Soon we’ll have retinal scanning and biometrics.

• 100 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:46 AM

Ohhh retinal scanning…….Whew!

• 101 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:47 AM

I have always had nothng but the highest regard for you……ahem….cough

• 102 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:49 AM

How often does the blog thread actually get talked about? generally not much or for long in my opinion. It is more of a contiuining forum with discussion continuing over several threads on a regular basis.

There is nowhere else like this blog for NUFC addicts on web so I hope he can get through last few days without feeling enough is enough

• 103 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:49 AM

Back soon. Off to drop my daughter at sea scouts

• 104 toonincheek // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:53 AM

Sometimes I think we should all greet each other each new day with a
    Good Moaning.

• 105 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:56 AM

I get what you are saying but the security has to be kept in proportion as Ed runs site himself as a retired person supplemented by income from the hits site gets. It costs real money to run this sort of operation hence advertising etc which can be blocked by readers.

Some call for more moderating on site but without a group of moderators this would be difficult to keep Blog flowing given the number of posts on some threads.

• 106 sparky55 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Only eye anyone will be scanning is me japs

• 107 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Chelsea’s defence is slow and vulnerable, if we can use our pace and new found passing ability to good effect, this game could well be ours.

I just hope that Macca and the lads set out to bring back three massive points for us, though I would be happy enough with one.

• 108 mindshaft // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:00 AM

@sparky, you scanning for STD or about to start your early morning bashing bishop session

• 109 mindshaft // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:02 AM

firebug – you trying to bring the blog into disrepute … how dare you talk about football and a toon game st that !

• 110 mindshaft // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:03 AM

if you can’t beat em , join em

• 111 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:03 AM

Chelsea have had a lot of draws and I hate it when we play a team who hasn’t won for a while or a strike who hasn’t scored for so many games – we are usually the perfect opposition. This predates McClaren but doesn’t seem to have changed. Having said that we have reserved many of our best performances this season for the top sides but are Chelsea a top side these days 🙂

• 112 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Ohh dear dear, I am so very sorry mindshaft, it was a small lapse in concentration, I will try harder in future, Please don’t tell Geordie Two of me I just can’t take another fonging, I just can’t take it I tell ya!

• 113 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:10 AM

At the risk of getting into trouble, Yes Chelsea are still a top side, their early season blip as we all know was manufactured by the players, and is over now though they have left themselves a lot to do.

Chelsea like to play in space (we have to deny them that) and pass the ball about. This should allow us to also pass the ball, and maybe give Shelvey the time he needs to select a killer pass.

I am quietly confident, but it all depends on which Newcastle team enter the arena.

• 114 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:10 AM

Firebug yes and if you can’t relax this gel will help…..

Any site you log onto can harvest a lot of unique detail about where and on what you are coming from. Your router ip address, your ISP gateway address, even the MAC address ( the unique serial number given to EVERY network device i.e. lan or wireless card in the world) . Combining these with email tracking by verification starts to severely narrow down the multiplication channels but is still not impossible. Of course spoofing your MAC address or hiding your ip/ isp by firewall or proxy server can disqualify you on subterfuge grounds, but you can still have a laptop at home, a phone, a work pc and a tablet you only use on free WiFi ( oh and separate email addresses for each) to get you at least four id’s. If they want to do it, they will. But the harder you make it, the less they will be bothered. A bit like having a better door lock than your neighbour. 😉

• 115 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:12 AM

Tiote will be massively important in this one, and if shelvey and Townsend are on it, the passing and speed at running at their cumbersome defence will be interesting to watch.

• 116 sparky55 // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:15 AM

🙂 🙂

• 117 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:18 AM

My attempt at sarcasm yes Chelsea are a top side and as I have been posting recently it really depends on how we are set up. Hope McClaren realises that injuries apart it was his cautious setting up and flooding midfield at Everton which undid us. With Tiote in midfield and Mitro up front I think we can get Shelvey and Gini playing more to their strengths than last few away games.

• 118 mindshaft // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:19 AM

it’s quite easy to get round IP / MAC address blocking by using one of the many free vpns or the TOR network

• 119 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:27 AM

Your illumination of the subject strengthens my perhaps naive view that we are using a sledgehammer on a nut (no pun intended unless of course you find it witty then I did mean it)

On a different note I had recently set up a Raspberry Pi with Kodi and your mention of Phoenix etc got me quickly to a real good feed – better than my usual ones on my media centre set up – thanks.

I maybe kiss of death however as in trying to demonstrate Kodi’s versatility to someone yesterday I found couldn’t get any TV or Movie links to work. Looks like more research and repos will be needed

• 120 firebug666 // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:29 AM

We usually pick up against these lesser top teams, and while my head and heart are in conflict, both tell me we can get something from the game, The only hurdle is Macca and his tactics.

We are poor on the road, but that’s more to do with our defensive set up, I think we need to attack them and put them under pressure.

I gave that cream a try mate, didn’t help and tasted bloody awful 😀

Right I’m off out back later.

• 121 reilly // Feb 10, 2016 at 8:33 AM

sites can detect when a vpn is being used and block you access to there site.
    there is no reason to use vpn for this site so ed could easy sort that one out.

previous post: The Newcastle Player Who Has Run The Furthest Is ….

next post: Newcastle´s Injury Prone Players Could Leave This Summer