The Newcastle Player Who Has Run The Furthest Is ….

The player who has run the furthest for Newcastle this season in the league is Dutch International Georginio Wijnaldum, who has covered a total distance of 266.07 Km in his 22 Premier League games.

Gini has also scored the most goals for us – 9 goals and 2 assists in the league this season.

gini wijnaldum second goal west ham

Gini Wijnaldum celebrates – Yes – I’ve run the furthest!!

The Premier league player who has run the furthest of anybody is 29 year-old Bournemouth midfielder Andrew Surman, who has covered 303.85Km – about 37km further than Gini.

Keep up these important stats because there could be a test on this at the end of the season.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:36 PM

On the last thread saying Shelvey will never get to Cabaye’s level in the games we played Shelvey at Swansea he totally bossed Cabaye and Tiote !!

Hes at least equal ability at the moment with the potential to be better got to remember Cabaye was shite for us for near enough a full season when he went all depressed after the euros !

• lukes26

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:38 PM

williamson

shelvey’s passing is better than cabaye’s, id argue more intelligent footballer

cabaye’s better at set pieces, better defending, more agile

shelvey’s only 23 though. cabaye came to us when he was 26. Tell me in 3 years cabaye was better; id wager you wont

• WWSBRD

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Repost

Williamson
    No CL teams chasing after Cabayes signature either mate

I am a big fan of Cabaye but PSG wanted him off and not for a stupid amount of money and he ended up at Palace

Shelvey is also only 23 has a similar if not wider range of passing compared to cabaye, similar pace, similar shot from distance but needs to learn tackling

• jayphoto

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Our form considering this season he’s probably notched that up trying to run back to Holland… ?

• WWSBRD

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:41 PM

This is impressive especially as he doesn’t turn up to away games

• Spoof

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:42 PM

We should get Ed to do a vote on who you would rather have, Shelvey or Cabaye.

Very little between them for me, Shelvey has a better and more varied passing range, but defensively we rarely got out bossed when Cabaye was in the side, will Shelvey bring the same dominance or will he only look good when we are against weaker opposition, it is a very close call.

• Mr Observant

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Your twitter account and dating page deleted Rob but you’ve forgot about this. 🙂

Robert Vollans
    ?
    Freelance Blogger at NUFC Digest
    Leeds, West Yorkshire, United KingdomOnline Media
    ?
    Join LinkedIn and access Robert’s full profile.
    ?
    0 connections
    ?
    NUFC Digest
    Freelance Blogger
    Starting
    View full profile
    Experience
    ?
    Freelance Blogger
    NUFC Digest
    Present

• jayphoto

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Shelveys technical assets ie passing, vision i think are better than Cabayes.
    Cabayes fight, desire and passion probably make him as effective a player. That pass to janmaat against west ham though? I never seen cabaye manage one of them. That and the pass through to mitro against west brom probably means wed be 4 points worse off were it not for Shelvey.
    Also, at 23… Shelvey could quite literally reach the level Pirlo did if he applies himself! At 23 shelvey is past the level Andrea was at the same age

• BandB

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Didn’t someone used to post a lot of links to NUFC Digest?

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM

TFL used to have a hyperlink when he first started didn’t he? Or am I thinking of someone else?

• MacToon

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Think I’d agree more with posts 1& 2 about Shelvey. That 70+yard pass was something else and Janmaat’s take on the run and his cross were pretty special too.
    Shelvey’s still young and hopefully will only get better, Cabaye was an excellent player when he wanted but not consistent and went missing from time to time too as well as going on strike!

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I imagine Gini will be running the furthest in the summertime.

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Speaking of takes anyone noticed how good Townsend is at taking the awkward ball / bringing a ball down on the move?

• BandB

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:52 PM

No Tsunki, I think you are right.

• Mr Observant

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:53 PM

8Offkey // Jun 21, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Toonfromleeds – Please can you clarify this thing with Nufcdigest for me. Are you still proclaiming that you have no link to it?

Nufcdigest’s first post was on the 25th May. On the same day you start posting links to it on this blog but seemingly have never been on this site posting before.

Strangely, you are from Leeds as per the writer of that blog. When I call you out on this there was a change to the site (on the same day or day after I think) whereby the ‘about us’ page was changed from being produced by one person (Rob Vollans) to say it was a collective of 5 people involved in producing that blog. A day later this was changed again back to the single person.

A good amount of hits to that site clearly have come through those accessing this site and clicking on the links you provide (apparently people can make money off page hits).

There have been those before who have done this, Mecannylad and Ruddy the main two to my recollection, however they admitted there links and were shot down harshly, by many on the blog for this.

You on the other hand dont get the grief they got because you claim there is no link……..yet anyone with a modicum of common sense can see this link.

I just dont like liars and whilst the site is decent, it is very sly what you are doing on Eds site……and it is simply not right in my opinion.

Now fella, come on and be honest here……otherwise your as bad as the multiples with your deceit.

However, you do contribute well to this blog (much more than me) and come across pretty ‘normal’ apart from the above. Can you not just admit your link, keep your name in blue to link to the site (as many on here like it) and make a comment on the story stating that they can read more by clicking on your name……..

• Williamson is Bramble in disguise

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Alright seem to have a different opinion to a few on here but that’s what makes it intresting. Ive seen plenty of cracking long passes off cabaye, and I’ve seen a few of shelvey, but cabaye did it consistently, shelveys got that to prove yet. And as for the passing range, don’t forget cabaye was played as a 10 alot under Pardew leaving less space for the long ball, I’m still of the opinion cabayes passing was far superior, he’s a player once compared to xavi for his passing and who can win a game on his own, just feel some have short memory’s, but accept shelveys got a few years to develop so we shall see….

• Offkey

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Lol I’m not mr observant

• Williamson is Bramble in disguise

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM

WWSBRB – not now there’s not because of his age, but while he was here he had man utd, arsenal, and PSG among others trying to sign him every window, OK he didn’t play as regularly as he wanted at PSG, but my point was I don’t see any of those teams ever chasing shelvey at any stage in his career, and on that same note you could say shelvey wasn’t wanted at Swansea so he came to a team at the bottom of the table here… Strange way to make your point by saying cabayes at a club higher in the league, but I’ll accept you’re opinion cause neither of us will know for another 5 years!

• BandB

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Did Toonfromleeds change his name?

• Wayayman

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Will the blog police just stop. It’s embarrassing and really no one else gives a toss.

Aaaanyway, just realised why we do so badly in the cups recently when a reward for a free weekend is a week in the sun.

• Mr Observant

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM

11ToonFromLeeds // Jun 21, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Offkey I have actually been on this site for 3/4 years.
    I can say hand on heart that I have nothing to do with the site in question and the reason my colour change was because Ed moderated me, I have had conversations with Ed via email to clarify the situation

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Was impressed with some of Townsend’s play last week as well he tracked back , put tackles in and won them and was always taking his man on and looking to get crosses or shots away !

I feel the comparisons with Obertan are way off the mark as its Obertan who always shirks a tackle , does not work that hard , does not use his pace and rarely crosses the ball!!

Would be interesting if Obertan ever got fit to see him how him and Townsend would do on the wings

• Mr Observant

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Very easy to say when you just pop in every once in a while wayayman 🙂

• Williamson is Bramble in disguise

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:01 PM

And for wherever I saw the bit about shelvey reaching pirlos level, If you put shelvey and cabaye together they wouldn’t be half the player pirlo was, unless you’re talking about current ability?

• Spoof

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Willianson

as I said earlier with Cabaye very rarely did we get dominated and when that happens you have always got a chance, as yet Shelvey has not proved that he can dig in when it is needed, so I would probably vote for Cabaye if there is a vote, I have asked Ed to do one by the way, but if Shelvey can prove that he has the fight as well as his passing range then it’s a no brainer for me as Shelvey’s passing is far superior, but as it stands at present it is Cabaye, but only just.

• Online Guy

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Madhouse

• Offkey

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Although it was me that discovered ketsbaias love of panini stickers

• BandB

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I do Wayaman.
    When this guy is in full flow posting song lyric after song lyric no one can hold a conversation.
    The blog hasn’t always been like this.
    Why not write to Ed, who’s been playing Smack the Mole with this guy for days and tell him YOU don’t mind the troll, the abuse, the Sunderland chanting etc.
    He seems to have plenty of friends.

• Tsunki

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Wayayman I dunno mate I find it kind of interesting myself. I like TFL he seems pleasant enough (as Wallace once said of Feathers McGraw) and generally doesn’t troll anyone AFAIK. But it all seems rather… intriguing ha ha.

• Take A Chancel On Me

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Gee Whizz I go for my tea and it all kicks off again.

I was formerly TFL but had to start a new account when I lost all my details last year. I had nothing to do with that digest blog and Ed knows this.

• BandB

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:06 PM

I know Chancel.
    I welcomed you back to the blog after your long absence, remember?
    I said then it was a day of comebacks, as YoungMagpieFromBurnley popped out of his lengthy moderation on the same day.

• hibbitt

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM

he changed his name when he download windows 10 and lost everything thats why he changed his user name ????

• WWSBRD

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Williamson
    Cabaye is at a club higher than us in the league because we are under achieving and they are over achieving (or atleast they were they really arent that much better off than us at this point)

Shelvey went to Liverpool as a youngster and developed there leaving for Swansea because he wanted first team football and couldnt get ahead of Gerrard (one of the best CMs who have ever played in the PL) at Swansea he was their best player last season helping them get to the highest finish in their history all under a rookie manager also then became a full England intentional at a average side (not many do that these days) he left there because of a falling out very little to do with his football

Also on Cabaye not being wanted by CL teams because of his age…he was 29 not 35 he wasnt wanted by a CL team because hes unfortunately not that level the only other concrete interest he garnered whilst with us was from Arsenal who wanted him as back up (even the PSG interest could have more to do with a personal relationship with their manager than the club needing him)

Time will tell but I think u are very much underestimating Shelvey

• peter5199

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Toon who has run the furthest?

Check the toastie. He has mad it to China and back over several weeks and played one game.

• Take A Chancel On Me

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:08 PM

You did BandB

I wasn’t moderated though, I’d spent best part of 2 and a half months in St James Hospital

• Ron Knee

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM

hibbitt
    Correct, mate.

Does Ed actually read this blog from time to time?

• Take A Chancel On Me

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM

That is correct Hibbit, windows 7 kept all my log in details so I could just click and log straight in so I never wrote anything down. Windows 10 deleted everything

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:10 PM

I would have thought it was Colback who had run the furthest! Do they have a list of the players who tub the furthest for no good reason? 😉

• BandB

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Ron

He’s been forced to delete whole swathes of trolling for the last three nights.
    He’s reading.

• Williamson is Bramble in disguise

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Spoof it is hard to judge, as cabayes prime was a few years ago and shelveys is a few years to come, so bad memory and optimistic foresight could go in shelveys favour and vice versa, but like you said we rarely got dominated when cabaye played, and in my opinion is probably the best central midfielder we’ve had since speed, albeit a slightly different game. But shelveys had 2 good games and 2 shockers so for me the jury’s still out, but he’s got time on the clock to improve, just feel if he was really as good as some of the experts on here would try to believe he wouldn’t of been hounded out of Swansea and gone to a team in the relegation zone…

1 2 3 10