At Least One Out Of Contract Player To Get New Deal

In an earlier article this morning we talked about six Newcastle players who have contacts running out in June and we said if we were pushed we’d only give the three younger players new deals.

They were Kevin Mbabu, Rolando Aarons and Freddie Woodman and we would let Gabby Obertan, Sylvain Marveaux and even Steven Taylor leave the club.

It was a very tough call on Steven of course.

kevin mbabu closeup newcastel goal

Kevin Mbabu to get new deal at Newcastle

And today Steve McClaren has revealed he wants to keep 20 year-old Swiss player Kevin Mbabu at the club past the summer.

This is what Steve  has said in the Chronicle today:

“Yes. I like him, he has got a good attitude, he is a good athlete and he is strong – he’s willing and wants to do a job.”

“He is wholehearted and you can see he just wants to get up the field with the ball.”

“It’s a shame he picked up the injury after the cup match because he did well, it was his first game back at Watford in the FA Cup.”

“We wanted to try that system (3-5-2) and have a look at it.”

“We thought it worked very well – we had only planned on giving him an hour before we changed and did well for that time.”

Kevin is an excellent young player if only we can keep him fit, but it’s good he’s getting a new deal.

Tick all that apply in the following poll.

Who Would You Give New Deals To This Summer?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• croftus5678

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:47 AM

rolando/mbabu/woodman are musts imo and tbh i’s give saylor a new one just to cover our backsides and keep his motivation for the rest of this season at least.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:59 AM

Most of the conversation lately has gone right over my head being old school abacus user. But it makes a pleasant change to some of the stuff churned out recently.

It’s a nobrainer keeping Mbabu and Arrons, kids their age are not fully physically grown and injuries shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hence the need to nurture them, given time they’ll come good.

• Tsunki

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:03 AM

You need to get with the program, EGB! 🙂

Sorry to keep the Kodi thing going but has anyone managed to chrome cast from Kodi on an android tablet?

• Tsunki

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:04 AM

At last! A Kevin Mbabu article! Yay!

• magscar

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Tsunki

Knew it could be used on an Amazon Firestick so presumably on Chrome Cast too?

• martoon

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:10 AM

I think I’d offer Saylor a 1 year contract (on less money of course because of his age). Despite his injuries he’s a good senior player to have around the club and in the dressing room.

• reilly

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:10 AM

croftus try wookie wizard.
    file manager,add source.

mgascr.
    the revo will run acestreams spot on.

• magscar

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:11 AM

EGB

I was 66 on Sunday and it all keeps you young ( oh and your brain hurting) beats bowls for me

• reilly

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:11 AM

*magscar

• magscar

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Reilly

Tx. Do you mean through Kodi or just stand alone using Acestream player?

• reilly

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:14 AM

acestream on its own

• magscar

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Martoon

I suspect Taylor could be offered a new deal but may not be what he will be looking for at this stage. As I said other day though, is he going to get long term contract anywhere in PL. Could be interesting discussions. Seem to recall he stalled before his last deal ( when Carroll was here?) before signing 5 year deal eventually? He is going to be looking for best deal obviously but may have to be pragmatic given injuries)

• magscar

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Reilly

Yeah I run it on my Windows 7 media centre at times but struggle to always get links.

• croftus5678

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:25 AM

@reilly

cheers i’ll give it look when i get bored.

@tsunki
    you got your tablet jailbroken ? can not see why it can not be put straight on it tbh.

• reilly

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:26 AM

any match that is on sky/bt i use the link and use bloodzeed .hd quality.

• magscar

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Reilly

That is my experience if not on Sky /BT can’t usually get Acestream or sopcast. Bloodzeed is brilliant when I can get on. Thanks for link.

Off out now thanks for chat

• reilly

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:30 AM

no probs,glad i could help.

• martoon

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:31 AM

magscar @13 – Yeah you’re probably right – I imagine Taylor and his agent would probably want a 2 year deal whereas NUFC will probably only offer a 1 year deal – I’m basing this on what seems to happen with other older players. I think the club will be in a strong position as it’s hard to see Taylor wanting to move clubs as all his roots will be here and of course his injury history will probably deter other clubs.

• Toon-Prodigy

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:52 AM

Looked in and seen android box discussion going on, can someone fill me in with what has happened to Genesis? This used to be a flawless add on for me but cannot get much playing anymore. No stream and such all the time.

• Tsunki

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:52 AM

Croftus no but I thought I’d clear it down and root it. I’ll have a go at getting Kodi to cast then.

• Tsunki

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:56 AM

Beer yes I tried that before but it was flaky I’ll give it another go because I’m a few builds on now and much more stable cheers 🙂

• Gforbes73

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Can anyone deny they love saylor in the team …..obviously if and when FIT for me personally I love any player with passion and desire to win and don’t see why he couldn’t be offered at least a year surely must bring passion and spirit into the squad

• Average_Contents

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Magscar

The best help I’ve found in regards to kodi and it’s add-ons is off a website called seo Michael. Just type seo into Google and it’ll come up. Great little help along imo.

• beermonkey

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:03 PM

tunki

i didnt go back and read all the kodi stuff this morning
    are u building raspberry pi units ??

i am just looking into it as i wanna build a unit with a screen on it and use it as a multimedia centre and hook it up to tv is this

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:06 PM

I like Taylor, he used to be one of my favourite players but I don’t think he’s managed more than thirteen games for the last four seasons. I can’t see the point in giving him a pay as you play. We need an experienced PL CB with a few more years in him to partner Mbemba

• croftus5678

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:07 PM

@23 gforbes

when saylors on form he’s imo international quality.

however !!! i’ve watched him throughout his career and if we dont count his injury record and focus purely on his playing ability then he’s still either a very good cb or a huge liability to the point he almost single handedly gives the game away.

every season when fit the fans are either slating him or praising him and he’s either our savior or our failure (i.e. very inconsistant)

hope he stays in form from now on but i think most of us fans have been saying that for 8-9 years.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:07 PM

Gforbed,
    I do, but he’s never fit anymore.

• beermonkey

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:08 PM

gforbes

i am always worried that taylor is gonna do something stupid and rash

for me his time with us must come to an end we need a reliable squad of players whats the point in having a player thats only fit for 3 mnths of the year it makes no differnce whether he is on pay as u play or not we 4 centre backs not 3 and a half

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:08 PM

forbes

• expatmag

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Bloody hell

Android this, Kodl that, Raspberry pi or whatever

Its all bloody double dutch to me.

I am still struggling with the TV remote……lol

• expatmag

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM

JFA

How are you mate?

Feeling better

• reilly

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM

adam johnson pleads guilty receives a life time ban from toys r us.

• Setchell

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM

I see Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to 2 counts of sexual activity with a child, but denies sex charge. Has also admitted knowing she was under age! Hope they through the book at him same as general public, no special treatment because he is a footballer! Dirty bastard. Sunderland have been idiots in this situation, he should have been isolated out of football same as ched evans. Although for the record I still have my doubts as to whether ched Evans done it, he is still denying it aswell.

• Mackems are from MORDOR!

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Really hope this means Adam Johnson is out of the derby match.
    Hopefully in jail dreaming of a tellytubby costume

• mindshaft

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Disgrace that the scum have allowed Johnstone to play whilst knowing he was going to plead guilty to underage sex charges… what sort of message does this send out when allowing Peados to play prem football

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Good thank you expat,
    But your comments this morming boiled my pi$$ !

• Take A Chancel On Me

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Afternoon all

Thanks to whoever mentioned Robocop for kodi that’s a brilliant app.

On topic, I’d keep Mbabu & Aarons

• firebug666

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Adam Johnson is trying to get a lighter sentence by putting in a guilty plea.

He has pleaded guilty to Grooming a child, and sexual activity with a child but has denied two further charges of sexual activity with the same child.

The courts should now make an example out of him, he should not be given any special treatment for being a footballer.

• expatmag

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM

JFA

Aahhh well. Its all about opinions really. Everybody has them and if they were all the same, it would be pretty damn boring