The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

New Arrival Tells It Like It Is – On And Off The Pitch

9:39 am, Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 22 Comments

Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren has said that Jonjo Shelvey is vocal both in the dressing room and on the pitch and he welcomes that in what has probably been too quiet of a Newcastle dressing room this season.

We have also been too quiet too often on the field when things have not been going our way – with a lack of leadership being shown, but most of that was earlier in the season and Fabricio Coloccini has done a lot better of late.

jonjo shelvey on debut clenched fists

Jonjo Shelvey – tells it like it is

McClaren has no problems with Shelvey telling it like it is and this is what the head coach has said in the Chronicle today:

“It’s vital we do that.” “It’s vital to have characters like that on the field.” “Jonjo was as disappointed as anybody about his performance at Everton.”

“It’s good to have somebody who shouts at others and themselves at times if they don’t perform.”

Newcastle need that kind of in your face leadership and Jonjo still has the best years of his career ahead of him and doesn’t turn 24 until later this month.

He made his debut for an Alan Pardew managed Charlton Athletic as a 16 year-old in April 2008, starting in a 3–0 away loss at Barnsley in the Championship.

He has already played a total of 228 first team games with 31 goals and he has started his Newcastle career extremely well with two Man of the Match performances in his first four games for the club.

We need Jonjo to keep that good form up so we remain a Premier League club next season.

He could turn out to be a real stellar signing for Newcastle and it helps that he was very keen to join us.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Chelsea?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Jonjo Shelvey · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

22 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:41 AM

Ashley Out!

• 2 Tsunki // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:42 AM

Thanks reilly I’ll try that footy section. I’ve never actually gone for an android box any recommendations? Even the dandy ones don’t cost an arm and a leg though do they?

• 3 Ron Knee // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:43 AM

I thought somebody had posted that the procedure had changed.

• 4 croftus5678 // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:44 AM

if you have a cheap android box it will have problems with a fair few builds buddy as they are too powerful.

try “the beast” build from areswizard its a low powered build which still has robocop and some decent movie/tv streaming channels also.

also the fully loaded part is only a 1 button click to download kodi off a website available to everyone so not worth the extra money people charge.

• 5 Ron Knee // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Thanks, JP!

• 6 reilly // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:56 AM

android boxes are a bit shite,im using a windows box and its much better bit more pricey but worth it.
    ares is down at the moment.

• 7 Average_Contents // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:57 AM

I’d go for the M8S android box. Quadcore, 2 gig. Got mine off ebay. £65. Comes fully loaded. Some fella from Leeds would you believe it lol.

Thanks, already got salts but I’ll look into the other one.

Heard the Genesis creator got all his code stolen or used by someone else and Genesis isn’t actually run by him anymore.

I miss mashup. Now that was a good addon.

• 8 martoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:58 AM

If I may join the conversation about kodi – I believe you can get it for windows. Is this a better way to watch streams rather than, say, webites such as vipbox etc?

• 9 reilly // Feb 10, 2016 at 9:58 AM

with putting builds on kodi is a bit much as there add shite you dont need,which can make android boxes sluggish.

• 10 reilly // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:01 AM

yeah specto is the same as genesis,but the lad that done genesis give the ok for specto.which is getting kept up to date,its great for linking your tv shows to your library.

mashup was the dogs never be another addon like that.

• 11 reilly // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:02 AM

much better martoon

• 12 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Using a Pi ( or PC) means having to populate Kodi with these other programs(?) and finding what is where is bit of a rabbit warren.

Some areas that were working at weekend for me can’t connect now. Some have mostly stopped like Phoenix (Valhalla, Her Place) and Genesis (most). Rockcrusher has stopped voluntarily – came up with his twitter account when i googled to try and find out what was causing my problem. Presumably M8 boxes and like update some how whereas the cheaper option like Pi’s ( but more versatile than just being a media portal) need more user involvement.

As usual will try Youtube later for updates on what is currently available and what needs updating – steep learning curve.

• 13 reilly // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:05 AM

does the pi not auto update addons in kodi.

• 14 Average_Contents // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:06 AM

It might be easy to download kodi itself but that’s all it is, itself. For people who aren’t the best with tech or never used one before it’s finding the zip they want then installing it, opening it, finding the add-ons ect ect.

I’m pretty dandy at building from the beginning myself now (had to start from scratch twice with my old box including reinstallation of mobdro, showbox, acestream, sopcast and obviously kodi with all its addons) and it is very time consuming.

• 15 Keith in France // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Thought I had logged onto the PC Weekly Blog !

• 16 expatmag // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:12 AM

I havent understood a single word you lot have been talking about on the last couple of threads……lol

• 17 Average_Contents // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:12 AM

So it’s still called Genesis but is actually specto? Sounds about similar to what I heard apart from it’d been robbed and not handed over.

Deffo never have another mashup 🙁

I agree, they do put some shite on when fully loaded but for ease of use and practicality it’s well worth it. For me anyway.

• 18 Average_Contents // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:14 AM

Do you ever lol.

• 19 lesh // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:14 AM

I think I’d read a poster saying that the new registration process had changed…… have a look back a couple of threads.

But, I’ve been suffering the need to re-log in for a while an when using the Windows phone. I’d assumed that it was just a problematic phone.

• 20 martoon // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Thanks Reilly – I’ll give it a try. As I have a Chrome Cast system I can run it on my laptop and watch it on the TV.

• 21 lesh // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:15 AM

So, Shelvey made his debut for an Alan Pardew managed Charlton Athletic as a 16 year-old in April 2008?

It’s a miracle he’s turned out reasonably well and not been Pardewed!

• 22 magscar // Feb 10, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Fairly new to this and I would have expected that within the build there was a facility for it to do so automatically.

Was speculating that as mine wasn’t working properly yesterday but others didn’t seem to have problems then must be an update issue with mine (?). Obviously need more research.

Pi2 is cheap but quite a powerful bit of kit – 900Mhz Quad core CPU with 1Gb of ram but you do need to get your hands dirty so to speak getting it all set up. Enjoyable as a project but can get frustrating.

Have thought about using Kodi on a small Revo computer I recently got ( easily portable for different rooms) to see if Windows 10 could manage it better but haven’t got round to it. Some seem to think Android/ Linux systems are better suited to Kodi which I believe grew out of XBMC which was Linux based?

Anyway my thanks to you as well ( Tsunki credited you earlier for the info I was thanking him for).

I had already set up with SALTs and Husham Repo and few others but hadn’t hit on where the best football threads were. During Everton match Tsunki had posted about Valhalla which I knew i had already installed – switched Pi on few clicks and great feed – pity about the match.

If I can get Ace stream feed on my media centre it is usually a great picture ( can buffer sometimes) but other are hit and miss. As Tsunki said other day the Valhalla links were all great. Chelsae is on Sky and have temporary access so not desperate this Saturday but do need to resolve my Kodi set up issues.

previous post: This Young Player Showing Promise At Newcastle