The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle In More Danger Than Board Realize

4:36 pm, Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 147 Comments

The very fact that Steve McClaren is still the Newcastle manager after two complete collapses in the last three games tells us that some on the Board – maybe Lee Charnley and Graham Carr – still have faith in the former England manager.

And maybe the reason for that is those two were the ones that wanted Steve at Newcastle over a year ago when Alan Pardew bolted from the club rather quickly.

Former Queens Park Rangers midfielder and Chelsea coach Ray Wilkins is worried about Newcastle and he made that clear on the Call Collymore show on talkSPORT on Saturday evening.

steve mcclaren track suit

Steve McClaren – unwarranted faith in this man?

Newcastle were taken apart 5-1 at Chelsea in front of a world-wide TV audience – and it wasn´t just a poor display – it was a completely embarrassing display from the Magpies.

And that came just 10 days after we were taken apart 3-0 at Everton and our players don´t seem to like things away from St. James’ Park.

If that cannot be fixed quickly we will probably be relegated in May.

This is what Ray Wilkins said about Newcastle:

“As much as you are right in what you are saying about the passing of the ball, what worried me more was their energy for the game, that worried me immensely, I have got to say,”

“At St. James’ Park, you see a totally different level of commitment from these Newcastle guys. As soon as they step out of Newcastle, they seem to panic, they seem to throw everything away.”

“When you haven’t got that work ethic in your trousers, then you are going to struggle from minute one.”

One of the things that can get a team relegated is if we don´t have players with the guts and the mental strength to produce the goods when things are on the line.

That seems to be a problem Newcastle have now – and as we said if we cannot fix that soon we are in real trouble.

We have to think that if we are beaten easily at Stoke two weeks tomorrow night that could be curtains for Steve McClaren.

If it´s not – it should be.

But if he still stays in charge that would be more proof that some on the Newcastle Board have an unwarranted faith in Steve McClaren.

Mike Ashley would then need to step in to save the club.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Prayer · Premier League · Press

147 responses so far ↓

• 1 hibbitt // Feb 16, 2016 at 4:40 PM

the man should never have got the job never mind keep it

• 2 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 16, 2016 at 4:42 PM

Ok Sam go for your gun,

‘Oh sh!t the club didn’t buy me any in the window’!!!!

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Feb 16, 2016 at 4:42 PM

• 4 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 16, 2016 at 4:55 PM

We said that prior to he got the job!

• 5 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Ha ha ha

The missus has often complained about that !

Ha ha ha – no wonder they call him Butch !!

• 6 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 4:57 PM

But I haven’t got any bus fare Mike…

• 7 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 4:59 PM

I think Uncle Fester is being quoted on something entirely unrelated.

• 8 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM

I know what’s missing from his hoggers

• 9 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Tbf I think it was a bit rainy at Liverpool and London. And it was really quite cold don’t forget.

• 10 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:02 PM

..and the grass, well….

• 11 firebug666 // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Maybe that’s it mate, Macca and the board are smoking too much grass!

• 12 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Long grass can be very disconcerting after the shaven lawns of Benton.

• 13 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Jeff are we still talking about the pitches?

• 14 jimiley // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Butch is right. I have seen more life in a coffin than this team. Tufty? Seen more brains on a plate of mince. NOTHING will change at Newcastle until Ashley goes. Anything else is just playing with the problem.

• 15 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Wherever you have cats, you have dogs
    Wherever you have dogs you have pitches
    Pitches always try to put their paws
    On your riches….

• 16 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Jimiley careful with the Mike-bashing you’ll wake the sentinels

• 17 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:20 PM

The whole club setup is useless

• 18 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Come on try and guess those lyrics without resorting to Google people! 🙂

• 19 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Remember this lad?

• 20 banjax // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Yeah it’s great that Joey Barton, Ray Wilkins, Clarence Seedorf and it seems Uncle Tom Cobley and all know what what the problems are at Newcastle, it’s called poor management. We supporters know these problems better than everybody. The problem is that Mike Ashley seems unprepared to do anything and for a man who has a fearsome reputation in the business world – who is very successful at spotting an opportunity is acting like a scared rabbit when it comes to acting decisively with Newcastle United. We supporters find this puzzling when he had no compunction at sacking Sam Allerdyce and Kevin Keegan, so what is Mike Ashley’s problem ? Enough to say that ironically he will be presiding over his own financial disaster at Newcastle like fiddling Nero when Rome Burnt. It’s going to be one hell of a bonfire !

• 21 Ron Knee // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:27 PM

The Bonfire of the Vanities!

• 22 hibbitt // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:28 PM

it could also be one hell of a fire sale with 70% off everything………..good old mick

• 23 toon kk // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Question – if we do go doon, which is looking highly likely, how big of an effect will it actually have on SD? Will Mash be worried?

• 24 Rotonda heights // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:45 PM

sd is a successful market leader in it’s field that has no doubt enjoyed the exposure and with the massive tv deal coming in yes i think it may well have something of a knock on effect.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Feb 16, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Anyone listening to Total Sport, Steeve ‘owey’s mackem accent is appalling. His twitter account shows him with a Man City shirt on !

• 26 posada // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:02 PM

On season tickets

If you pay by direct debit your payment on the
    15th March 2016 is the first one towards next seasons ticket.

My payment will NOT be going through. Enough is enough.
    Surely we cannot allow these clowns to shame us any longer.
    We hear nothing from anybody. It’s like a complete void.

• 27 John Akomfrah // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Hallelujah more and more beginning to see the light

• 28 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Tsunki…I know that one 🙂

…isn’t that with her who sings about Milkshakes? 😉

• 29 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Ed I’m sure you like winding up some by repeating Charlie Austins name, so with that said, you should keep the wums on here as its dead boring with the sitting on the fence, arse licking, moaning and whinging bloggers.

Just a thought like.

• 30 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Waiting now for the abuse 54321………

Ha ha ha

• 31 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Anyway when’s the first friendly game we have got in Spain.

• 32 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Welsh…I would hope you don’t actually mean WUM’s, but decent and reasoned opposed views, to create a debate?

Wums don’t make this place interesting, debate does. If you can’t see that, then maybe people haven’t gotten you wrong at all?

• 33 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Perhaps entertainers would be a better word.

• 34 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:45 PM

We play on the 20th.

• 35 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Welsh…Not really as it doesn’t explain what it is you mean.

What is it you find entertaining? Wums, which is how your post read?

• 36 JamesToon // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Will any of the friendliest we play be broadcasted

• 37 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Ibiza – these lil critturs

• 38 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Jib…Seen similar. They really freak you out?

Might have to upload it as my blog picture.

• 39 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:01 PM

It’s not them
    It’s what they can do
    They fire the hairs
    They blinded my mates dog

• 40 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Jesper ah yes you know your Outkast was it really 2003 I just looked up the year!

• 41 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:03 PM

• 42 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:04 PM

That’s not good. Shall have to keep an eye out for the little b*st*rds then.

Sorry to hear about your mates dog.

• 43 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Ah deedums fwightened by some howible insects.
    What a tart!

• 44 lochinvar // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Sorry to read that Steve Harper has some issues with depression , wish him well

• 45 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM

It’s not rocket science, it’d winding people up that ed mentions Charlie now and then, surely that’s a wum, so there for he should get banned from his own blog.

Ha ha ha

• 46 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Welsh…I’m pleased to hear that, I might have a chance of understanding!

Does Ed mention Austin to wind people up? Not imo. Yes, it does wind people up, but I don’t think that’s why it’s done.

Ed wants traffic on his site. I imagine that’s where it starts and stops.

Wums on the other hand…

So, back to the original question, are you suggesting the blog needs wums or that Ed should ban himself…or maybe I’ve simply fallen victim to your masterful wit? (ha ha ha).

Lochinvar…Haven’t read anything on that. Is it a recent issue or something he generally struggles with? A nasty problem that way too many suffer with.

• 47 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Have we signed Charlie Austin yet?

• 48 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:17 PM

I see the next FF meeting has been set.

I wonder what questions will be put to them? I wonder if any new answers will be given, or just references to previous answers?

• 49 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:21 PM

I do hope Steve is getting help.
    It has taken some good men – Gary Speed for one just as he was building his management career.

Why do WUMs always put hahaha (or even ha ha ha) at the end of their posts ? Can’t be because they are funny. It’s too primary school playground.

• 50 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:22 PM

There are probably over 20 ways to describe a wum, prankster and joker is two of them.

• 51 John Akomfrah // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Ashley “how to make a successful football club”…….
    employ football people….
    employ top managers and coaches not second raters and nobodys….
    buy unheard of cheap lower league players….
    then sell for mega bucks….
    better still just concentrate on selling your cheap tat.

• 52 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM

It’s not school playground, why do people put lol.

• 53 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Like i said get rid of moaners.

• 54 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:26 PM

I see that Aubameyangs agent has said the Toon were after him and had meetings with ASSE ( Jib -that is not an animal like a donkey but St Etienne FC.)
    Good FF question – Who decided not to sign Aubameyang and why.

• 55 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Welsh…I do get a little smile when I see you moan or whinge about moaners and whingers.

Anyway, I can’t help but feel I’m being wummed, whilst discussing wums.

I’m aware there are several interpretations of Wum, which is why I asked you what it is you meant from the get go. I still don’t have a clue and honestly don’t care enough to keep asking.

• 56 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Why is that folk who dare to have a different opinion are labeled Wums ?

• 57 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Ive been thinking the same thing.

• 58 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Tuff…I’d really like to see the fans forum demand answers on accountability.

It’s a huge issue and a cause of great divide. As always, a divide which only appears to suit one side.

• 59 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Jib…Provide an example of that and I’ll give an answer a go.

To give it a go, I’d say intent, rather than content. To be really fair, I guess it’s supposed intent.

• 60 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:32 PM

There should be more jokers on here, that’s what I’m getting at, it’s been so quiet and boring on here.

• 61 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I can’t see them holding a fans forum whilst we are in the shtum

• 62 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Jib Jibberish.
    Wums and trolls like to believe that they are called that because they voice differing opinions. But in reality they are called wums and trolls not because they have different opinions but because they espouse views deliberately to wind others up and for that purpose only.
    And on here they form a rag bag misfit group that likes to promote views contra to the majority.
    And some of them are fwightened by howible insects.

• 63 welshgeordie9 // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:35 PM

I’m off to watch the Chelsea’s match, jib you will have to takeover.

• 64 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Welsh…So more humour? I’d say we have a fair few jokers already.

From reading the blog, I would say that not too many agree with you on humour. Maybe that’s the issue?

Or perhaps you’re looking for a comedy blog? Not everything NUFC related needs to be funny. However, it also doesn’t always need to be doomy and deep. Overall, I think the blog gets fair balance on that (humour vs serious).

• 65 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Ibiza – the club pulled a winning PR stunt when they wheeled Wally out for a FF meeting. He drew any sting from the supporter -and the meeting turned into a media event promoting Wally and the club.
    One definite thing is I ‘d eat my hat if they ever wheeled him out an another FF meeting. They are not that daft.

• 66 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Tsunki…you mean Kelis right? 😉

• 67 Ian Toon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Mr Tuff- Heaven help those that have to be subjected to your idea of reality. You’re nothing but a bully who gets stroppy if you don’t get your own way. Your of an age when you should be wise and espousing
    your knowledge but not in a divisive puerile manner.
    I am off to watch Chelsea. Save the faux outrage- no need to respond.

• 68 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Yuo do know rhat WUM stands for wind up merchants.
    The blog blusterer has just given a classic example of it.
    You and I have lived in the Balearics
    Anyone who doesn’t treat proccesionary caterpillars with respect is a fool.The Spaniards spend a forune trying to eradicate them from the pine trees on which they thrive.
    I post a pic and a link to show their threat .
    What does the blog buffoon post ? —————-

Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Ah deedums fwightened by some howible insects.
    What a tart!

If that isn’t the definition of a WUM I don’t know what is !

• 69 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Tuff…Well, they might host a live chat from Spain, via Skype or something?

I’ve yet to see the FF really stand up to the club though, which doesn’t fill me with much confidence of ever getting closer to real answers.

• 70 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Ian Toon -again yet another non football post by someone who claims he only wants to talk football.
    You stated I’m being moderated for bullying – what do you mean exactly. I’ve asked you 4 or 5 times to explain your comments but you won’t – because yet again you are telling lies.
    Why do you feel the need to lie on a football blog – what purpose does it serve.
    You invent tales about people then whinge when you are challenged.

Please no match reports later or tales of meeting Chelsea fans in the pub – all who love King Percy.

• 71 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Jib…Are you asking me why you’ve labelled Tuff a wum then? I thought you’re orignal question was why do people gt called wums for having an opposing view? Surely that’s not your example?

I get there are people who don’t like Tuffs response to dealing with Wums. But that is what it is, a response.

I do totally get how it can be seen as being a wum in itself. Do I view it that way though, not really. I’ve dealt with Tuff on and off of this blog and have no problem saying that his best intentions are for this blog and NUFC.

Now, do you have an example to your original question?

• 72 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Has there ever really been a point to those FF meetings? They don’t seem to serve a purpose to us fans anyway!

• 73 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Jesper…Not really, imo. I suppose down the line some truths have come out, truths that many already knew, but at least it clarified things like not competing in cups etc.

For me it continues to illustrate the gap between club and fans, which in itself could / should provide motivation to seek change. One day anyway, hopefully.

• 74 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:04 PM

You strike me as a nice fella but a bit on the dim side.

Mr Tuff is everything he accuses others of being ——–
    A wum
    A bully
    A gobshite
    A homophobe
    A mysogonist
    A mackem (confirmed by his big mate Expat)
    Probably a multiple

• 75 Mag52 // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:07 PM

So anyone who promotes views ‘contra to the majority’ is a wum ?
    That’s certainly an interesting point of view.
    Does that mean that the majority view is always right and should never be challenged ?

• 76 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Jib….Thanks, I guess. Quite honestly, I don’t give a hoot what you think of me, just as I’m sure you’re not interested to hear my views on you.

I’ve addressed your issue on Tuff being considered a Wum, do I need to so again or will you answer my question? For sh*ts and giggles…

A wum – In response.
    A bully – He’s never bullyed me, nor many others on here. Again, could this be in response?
    A gobshite – Based on?
    A homophobe – Seriously? Based on?
    A mysogonist – Based on the mentioning of womens wrestling forums?
    A mackem (confirmed by his big mate Expat) – In jest. Come on Jib.
    Probably a multiple – Probably, maybe, I don’t know, can you repeat the question?

• 77 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Children Children put your toys back in the box

• 78 Jail for Ashley // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:23 PM

There are countless people on here who’s views I don’t agree with but it doesn’t mean they are WUM’s, it’s the trolling that does the most damage anyway, if it was one poster with one ID saying that I have a face like… it can be ignored but when that same poster gets bored and starts posting how great the mackems are the blog goes into melt down and they need banning.

• 79 toon kk // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:30 PM

Is there a load of kids on this blog talking about “wums”?
    Get a grip it’s a football blog ffs.

• 80 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:37 PM

toon kk…Can’t answer for anyone else, but no, I’m not a kid.

You are right, this is a football blog, but it’s also a blog that has / had a wum problem, remember, so it’s natural it’ll get some air space.

Try moving the conversation on? There have been other conversations during the wum discussion too.

• 81 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Going to seriously regret this, but is Belfast about?

Just seen that info you mentioned. Interesting (honestly, not a hint of sarcasm, sadly).

• 82 Jail for Ashley // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Where’s Steve Howey from, I’ve never ‘oard skewl and bewks like it.

• 83 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Stephen Norman “Steve” Howey (born 26 October 1971 in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear) is a former footballer who played for the England national team.[1] At club level, he made more than 300 appearances in the Football League and the Premier League, playing for Newcastle United, Manchester City, Leicester City, Bolton Wanderers and Hartlepool United.[2][3] He also played briefly for the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer.[4] His main playing position was as a central defender. He is the 1998 North East Uno Champion

• 84 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Ibiza…I always thought for the FF meetings to have credibility that those who have been invited to attend should be independent and able to ask any question and get a straight answer.

Not this rehearsed nonsense and pointing to answers given already.

• 85 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Why is that folk who dare to have a different opinion are labeled Wums ?

Tigger, why do you come on, call someone a dope, then disappear when you’re shown to be a mug. Why do you ignore the evidence against you and the questions put? You cause chaos then bounce right off. Regrettably I have to conclude you are in fact a WUM.

• 86 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:08 PM

It is an acronym meaning Wind-Up Merchant.

It refers to someone who posts on message boards and newsgroups with the intention to cause as much disruption as possible by goading others.

He’s a WUM, just ignore his posts.

• 87 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Steve Howey is Sunderland born and bred.
    He is also a Toon fanatic having played for the Toon at different levels from age 17 to 28.
    He still has a season ticket.
    He also played nearly 100 games for Man City (Keegan took him there)

His brother Lee played 70 times for the Scum – hence the ditty (to the tune of tan tivi tan tivi)
    “Steve Howey Steve Howey Steve Howey
    You brother Lee’s a c@nt”

Which was always acknowledged to us away fans , from Steve , with a cheery wave a nod of his head and applause.

I do believe the Mackems sang the same chant with the christian names reversed

• 88 Thump // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:12 PM

From football, to fluffy caterpillars, to WUMs, to Steve Howey.

Can’t say this blog doesn’t try and cover all the bases.

• 89 Jail for Ashley // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:13 PM

It os pretty obvious he is from 5unde1and, I was wondering whereabouts!

• 90 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Yes Ibiza…you are most definitely going to regret that one, and so are we 🙁

• 91 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:17 PM

We do have similar bugs in this country.

They spin huge webs over trees and they re nasty little beggars. Just touching them can cause an unpleasant rash.

My son took a load of pictures of them in a graveyard a few years back, did not halve look spooky, like something out of a Hammer filum.

• 92 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:22 PM

Apparently the only birds that aren’t shit scared of them are Hoopoes , they happily munch away on them .

• 93 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:32 PM

The quality of the blog has seriously deteriorated since Jeff was allowed back on.
    24hrs after a good few days of sensible debate and and absence of vitriol, spite and tedious search engine cut and pastes, and we’re back to the pathetic name calling.
    The race to the bottom has resumed.

Jeff … you strike me as:
    A wum
    A bully
    A gobshite
    A homophobe
    A mysogonist (sic)
    Probably a multiple

….and the best example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect I have ever encountered

• 94 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Howey is from Silksworth.
    The mackems claim he is a red and white and only went to the Toon for a better deal.
    However I have seen him a few times at SJP.
    Is it possible to support the two ?

• 95 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:36 PM

…How Difficulties in Recognizing One’s Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments 😀

• 96 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:37 PM

From gob ?(“mouth”) +? shite ?(“excrement”).

(Ireland, UK) IPA(key): /???b??a?t/

gobshite ?(plural gobshites)
    1.(Ireland, Britain, slang, moderately offensive) One who engages in nonsensical chatter or unwanted conversation.
    What’s that gobshite talking about now?

2.(Ireland, Britain, slang, moderately offensive) A person of very poor judgment and unpleasant character.

• 97 Moonraker15 // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:37 PM

I wish they wouldn’t dress up McClaren in that Court Jester suit. He’s funny enough without it !

• 98 Jail for Ashley // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Are you on about Jibberish?

• 99 Jib // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:48 PM

AncientC // Dec 3, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Ashley is the perfect example of the dunning-kruger effect when it comes to running a football club.

Talking about multiples – 21st Century Schizoid Man

• 100 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Mag 52 – I perhaps did not phrase that correctly in respect of the post about being contra the majority.
    Probably more accurate is saying that the Wums may want to target individuals and then propose a point of view contrary to their target – not because they believe in what they say but purely to post something opposing particular individuals posts – just to cause aggro.
    Over the years on here you can confidently predict who may object to anothers point of view – and it is purely to score points from old and long forgotten debates/posts.

• 101 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Whilst it may be quite interesting to hear about little frightening beasties that inhabit the earth -posters need to recognise that more tales about these beasties may fwighten Jib Jibberish who seems to be fwightened of howible insects.
    Please lets not fwighten him further.

• 102 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Blog was picking up for a couple of days – then the knackers return. I fear Ed has more work to do.
    A couple of them will resort to good behaviour – keep posts strictly football then when the heat dies down bnormal service will be resumed.
    Also we’ll have the usual suspects not saying a jot about those who abuse but complaining about people they don’t like -hypocrites.

• 103 AncientC // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Jib, that isn’t me. I don’t have multiples on this blog. If I were going to troll somebody, it wouldn’t be fellow Newcastle fans. I don’t have a problem with your presence on the blog either, never been one for censorship.

• 104 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:16 PM

A knacker is a person in the trade of rendering animals that have died on farms or are unfit for human consumption, such as horses that can no longer work.[1] This leads to the slang expression “knackered” meaning very tired, or “ready for the knacker’s yard”, where old horses are slaughtered and the by-products are sent for rendering. A knacker’s yard or knackery is different from a slaughterhouse, where animals are slaughtered for human consumption. In most countries, knackery premises are regulated by law.

Irish term of affection for general scum (low lifes). Originally originating from a term of reference for travellers. But nowadays covering whole spectrum of degenerates. Inbreeding is commonplace and your mother can often be your sister.

• 105 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:23 PM

What did I get banned for this time?

• 106 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Ahh, wait, I’m back on again now. Harrumph…. I was posing some important questions for the FF meeting:
    1. Why is it always egg salad sandwiches? Especially with green onion? They give me indigestion.
    2. Who told Wally he knows something about football? It was Lee wasn’t it? Admit it and accept the shame now Lee…..
    3. Who told Wally he could say we would finish top 8 this season? Do I have to force it out of you Lee?

• 107 spitfire_ // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:28 PM

The Board doesn’t feel any threat just because they are morons. They just hold up meetings to fool themselves how great they are, and how unlucky the club is on the pitch. Because that’s the excuse for our current situation, after the board and the head coach are excellent.

• 108 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:33 PM

As I see it Mike now has only two realistic options if we survive the relegation battle.
    1. Admit he isn’t cut of for football club ownership and sell up.
    2. Sack the entire management team from Charnley on down and start over. Hire a very experienced football man who is not one of his chums/flunkies/yes-men and truly step aside. Leave it to the man with the football background. And it had better be somebody decent, not Joe Kinnear disguised as Derek Llambeezee.

• 109 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Let’s have a whip round for some more fuel for Eds flamethrower shall we? Looks like the very ones moaning and complaining and talking about wums are the ones who seemed to be purged but hey ho.

• 110 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:45 PM

The board consists of 2 Relics (Carr & Moncur)
    An imbecile (Charnley)
    and a clown (McClaren)

How could things go wrong????

• 111 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Oh and Jesper you were almost there mate. Who did the rap on that? I’ll give you 3,000 guesses 🙂

• 112 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:51 PM

G2 I got a moderated comment today! My very first! I think I got dobbed in. Probably Belfast, he’s playing all coy about it naturally.

• 113 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:54 PM

On the subject of WUMMERY I think it’s really down to the intent behind posts that defines it. To frame comments in order to deliberately catch out, trip up or annoy for no other reason than the pleasure of being able to do so, it is evident who you are.

• 114 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:54 PM

You too Tsunki? I think we’re being watched closely for some reason…… It’s probably being done by Cockatooaphobes…..they’re jealous of our magnificent birds.

• 115 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Tsunki…Only 3,000 guesses?

Out of interest, any idea where the 3,000 came from? Surely there weren’t already 2,999 Andres on gmail?

• 116 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM

On that photo again, I’m wondering if Steve has just discovered how to pull his underpants up through his trouser pockets?

• 117 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:57 PM

Tsunki…Said the same earlier. Surely it has to be about intent.

• 118 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Ancient C

I do not have your tolerance of WUMs.

For many years we didn’t have anything much more than occasional rubbishing of other people’s opinions. Even rants by Angryman which were heartfelt and often close to the truth rarely descended to today’s persistent level of abuse
    Then we get Jeffrombenwell a year or so ago, and with his various other multiple names, slagging everyone off, racist, sexist, and using offensiveness as a deliberate attention seeking device. He was banned but resurfaced as JIB and is permitted to continue his offensive disruption of this blog. He has done exactly what any mackem WUM would love to do – reduce blog conversations and discussions to his own gutter level. Then he has the crassness to accuse everybody who criticises him of being blog Nazis or whinging girls who can’t take it and ruins whatever thread he takes to abusing others on.

Get rid Ed, please. Your job is not yet complete.

• 119 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Ibiza mate are you having moderator trouble as well? This could be a conspiracy. Somebody looking a lot like jesper was definitely following me yesterday….. When I challenged him on it he claimed to be admiring the local budgies…. I leave the rest to you mate.

• 120 Tsunki // Feb 16, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Hey ya Ibiza I just don’t know big boi!

• 121 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Is anybody else willing to complain about the egg salad sandwiches at the FF meetings? It’s probably the only thing we might get some real answers on….. and no Tsunki I think Steve’s just realized he hasn’t been paid again this month and he’s feeling a bit skint….

• 122 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:05 PM

Can anybody help Steve out with a couple of quid? Just until he gets another job lads. Come on, have a whip round.

• 123 Belfast // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:05 PM

I did complain about you calling me fat a few days ago Skunki. I’ve not eaten from the event and I’m actually starving because of your fat jibe.

• 124 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:05 PM

G2…Not recently 🙂

Tsunki… 🙂

• 125 Belfast // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Well apart from 1 pink wafer yesterday.

• 126 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:06 PM

All right I admit it as well. I’ve gained weight and now my Thong of Gloom looks slightly unpleasant when I’m wearing it. I thought women liked Love Handles. Harrumph…..

• 127 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:07 PM

I like the orange ones Belfast mate. Very nice. Dip them in your tea, but you have to be quick about it.

• 128 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Belfast…For the sake of the blog and the mediation thats about to take place, can you answer whether you are in fact fat, or not?

Can’t blame Tsunki if he was being honest.

• 129 Belfast // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:10 PM

I’m only 11 stone 7 or something but the fat jibe still hurt.

• 130 Belfast // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:12 PM

No tea for me after that, just a pink wafer. Licked it first though and then killed it.

• 131 jane // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:13 PM

why is GeordieTwo tolerated? is he funny?

• 132 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:13 PM

Jesper – you mentioned earlier a query about the Fans Forum.
    UEFA introduced the concept of the Supporter Liason Officer a couple of years ago -with the aim of improving the communication between fans and clubs. Within their guidelines it was proposed that supporters and clubs should meet several times a year. To be licensed under UEFA clubs had to follow advice. Objectives were set under Article 35. one of which was to improve relationships between the fans and the club.

From what we read on here and I think what we’ve heard from an ex FF Representative on here (think it’s Ash1001) the FF is not working the way it should – but seems that NUFC has just implemented it to comply with UEFA Regulations.

• 133 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Well, height dependant, that doesn’t seem enough to call you fat.

Tsunki, you’ve brought shame on us all. Belfast provides countless things to beat him with, why invent something?

Anyone else got an image of Belfast sat licking his wafer? I think he needs a hug. Not that I’m offering.

• 134 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:16 PM

jane -why is Ian Toon and Jib tolerated – are they honest and informative and reliable and non offensive.

• 135 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Has anyone got any romantic advice? Right now I’m in a very hot love triangle with a honey badger and some sort of nasty looking eagle. How do I break it off with the honey badger? Many thanks in advance of your replies……

• 136 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:17 PM

I’m only on here to cheer hibbit up jane/jib/jeff. He’d be lost without me……

• 137 Mister Tuff // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:18 PM

why is =why are

• 138 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:29 PM

Getting back to the footy now while you process my romantic difficulties. Why hasn’t Steve tried 4-4-2 more often if at all? None of our strikers can make a go of it alone. Mitro is too slow but can hold the ball up, Perez is too small but is quick. Hey what about trying 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2? Even push Townsend up beside Mitro? I would think Cisse will come of the bench for his first few matches back. We need goals Steve. We know we’re going to concede but what about changing formations away from home? And we don’t have the players to pull off the 3-5-2 by the way. Harrumph.

• 139 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:30 PM

I’m exhausted by all that footy thinking. Time for an orange wafer lads…..

• 140 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:31 PM

And I don’t even want to think about Belfast licking his wafer Ibiza mate…..

• 141 Ibizatoon // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:36 PM

G2…I didn’t ask whether anyone wanted to. I didn’t want to, but hey, sh*t happens.

• 142 jane // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Mister Tuff I suppose we all have different people we find frustrating or annoying mine are G2 and bladeuser.

• 143 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:38 PM

But in a more tragically serious note Ibiza mate, is there still hope for Steve? Does he deserve some sort of going away party? What about presents? Is a plane ticket to Western Australia too much?

• 144 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:40 PM

I find Carlton Cole very annoying. Who told him he could play footy? Even for Celtic?

• 145 GeordieTwo // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:42 PM

I may need some sort of surgery to get this thong off now…… Blast!!!!

• 146 Jeffrey // Feb 16, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Is this Belfast?

• 147 MadisonToon // Feb 17, 2016 at 12:13 AM

I also wonder why we haven’t gone 4-4-2 more. The two holding players seems like a good idea because we leak goals, but we are still leaking goals so it’s clearly not helping that much. We need to be able to play on the front foot sometimes and to do that we will need to have more players forward. It has to be worth trying out more.

On topic, I think SMc should be here through the end of the season. Changing managers at this point is unlikely to fix things. Additionally, these are the players that SMc wanted in (at least it would appear he had some influence on who came through the door) and if we bring a new manager in, what will they do with them? We just spent 80+ mill and I doubt Ashley sees it in his best interest to give a new manager the reigns and have him say that he doesn’t want the players that were just bought and needs an additional 80 million. I just can’t see it happening.

previous post: Joey Barton’s Spot On With What’s Wrong With Newcastle