Is This The Man To Partner Jonjo Shelvey?

Vurnon Anita and Jack Colback are back fit again and we suddenly seem to have a lot of defensive midfielders available with Cheick Tiote still at the club and new signing Henri Saivet.

Vurnon has played quite well for Newcastle this season and last season in the last few games he had some good games especially in the last game against West Ham.

In that game he was great and was second only to the big hero that day Jonas Gutierrez in the Man of the Match voting.

That was Jonas’ last match for the club after seven years on Tyneside.

Vurnon Anita +Newcastle+United+v+Liverpool+LCmG7UBOYAal

Vurnon Anita – fit again

Vurnon is getting fit in La Manga with the rest of the Newcastle squad and he had this to say today:

“It has been a good camp for me.” “I have been out for seven-and-a-half weeks – that is way too long for me and the longest I have ever been out.”

“But I am back in training with the group for the first time and my hamstring feels good.”

“I hope to get back on the pitch very soon to help the team,  because it is hard watching at any time, but even more so when results aren’t going our way.”

“You want to help but you cannot do anything other than offering support to your teammates, which is what I have done. But now I am getting closer to playing again and that will be a good moment for me.”

“You get everybody together for a few days with no other surroundings and no distractions, so it means everyone is completely focused.”

“A change of scenery from being at the same training ground every day of the season is also nice.”

“The weather is better than at home, we are able to work hard in it with two sessions a day, and the team will benefit from this.”

It shows the lack of thought given to transfers when we suddenly have Saivet, Anita, Colback and Tiote fighting for that one midfield role next to Jonjo Shelvey.

It would have been much better to have brought in a left back last month or a center-back.

But it does free up maybe Colback or Anita to play left back and both can do that.

Anita played for a full season in that position for Ajax in the 2010-2011 season so he has experience of playing there, but he can also play a no nonsense game as a defensive midfielder too.

We’re not sure when Paul Dummett will return but he seems to have chronic hamstring problem.

It’s good that players like Anita, Colback, Cisse, de Jong and hopefully Chancel Mbemba are returning from injury to fortify the squad.

And maybe Vurnon Anita is just the man to partner Jonjo Shelvey in Newcastle’s engine room?

• Tsunki

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Rob Vollans Out!

• WWSBRD

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Only if we are intent on going to the championship

• WWSBRD

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:49 PM

I take it Rob Vollans running a different NUFC blog?

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:51 PM

You’ve probably worked it out by now wwsbrd lol

• WWSBRD

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Belfast
    He also a WUM aswell or just been advertising his own blog?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:56 PM

I think there are so good options in midfield to partner Shelvey…I am just not convinced McC can make it work!

…probably more to do with him than his options. Lets see if they can stay fit.

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 18, 2016 at 11:21 PM

For anyone interested my twitter is @burboutique

Nothing footy related it’s all for my shop.

sorry for the advertising but I was asked

Rob Vollans (@rob_vollans) | Twitter
    The latest Tweets from Rob Vollans (@rob_vollans). … The new @burboutique Burmantofts Boutique Webstore is currenly under construction but can be viewed ..

Wwsbrd
    It’s take a chancel mate.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:04 PM

Okay this Rob Vollans thing has a life of its own it seems!
    ¨
    Glad to see I am not the only one lost here!

Ed…do a piece on Rob Vollans and his many identities (or whatever there’s going on)

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:06 PM

So what’s wrong with Rob Vollans, I thought everyone eas happy with TFLs digest links?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Belfast…wasn’t Chancel TFL before?

• WWSBRD

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Belfast
    Haha yeah I got that mate just not sure of the importance of it?

Chancels name can’t be that much of a revelation so I assume there’s more too it? He a multi poster or something? I might be being dense haha but I honestly haven’t got a clue what’s going on, something to do with the blog cleanse? I missed that whole event

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Disclaimer.
    My real name is not JfA!

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:08 PM

I haven’t got a Danny la Rue on how to use twitter either.

• WWSBRD

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Oh good am not alone in the wilderness it seems am with good company

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Yo…I am waiting on Ed to to a piece on the mystery 😉

• giimps

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Why not play the man brought in to do that job, Saivet should be given that role becaus e he has the tools to do it , speed, strength and can read the game?
    The biggest issue is getting the team to press as a unit to get the ball back and attack as a unit to create good chances.
    Tiote Anita and colback can possibly get the ball back but struggle playing it forward to make it worthwhile.
    A Saivet Shelvey base for midfield with Aaron’s, Gini and Toonsend rotating in am positions and Doumbia to get on the end of crosses and through balls or to pressure the defence with pace and movement.
    It all stems from the back 4 pushing up and Elliott acting like a sweeper keeper, pressure higher up the pitch means e have less distance to cover when attacking but relies on the dm reading the game well and being helped by the defence and wingers when required…….none of which is happening now

• Transfer Sage

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:16 PM

What is happening to this blog?

I’ve barely used it this year but it appears loads of people are gone and there is constant arguments between a few people….baffles me.

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Haha
    Now read this slowly…….

Ya know the regular poster who has about fifty different accounts who knows the blog like the back of his hand and is constantly taking the piss song lyrics blog dictionary etc etc

Rob Vollans aka Toon from Leeds aka Take a chancel.

He’s probably agreed with you a few times 😉

• WWSBRD

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:17 PM

jesper
    Haha am sure it’ll be an interesting read! Wonder if Chancel will defend himself over these questions

• Back Door Man

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Another day, another repeat:

Written earlier and to be repeated ’till IT spills his guts.

“I’ve been watching the blog for a couple of years and have noted the contributions of most of the ‘regulars’. What strikes me is how petty a very small number of these contributors can be, it’s a shame really as they can often make useful observations about NUFC. A couple of these folk can’t resist the temptation to abuse others or make unfounded accusations; when challenged to provide proof they refuse. It’s cowardly to behave in this way! So, Ian Toon, I think most right-thinking folks here would expect you to provide Mr Tuff with the evidence to back-up your assertions.”

Also, racist hate speech has no place here … good humoured banter should be expected but not:

“Yeah Welshie you effing twot
    Mr Tuff and Jail own this blog
    Behave yersel you taffy tool
    (curls lip like Billy Idol)”

That choice piece from Jib earlier.”

They’ll keep appearing ’till the charges are answered.

Keep it fair & honest … even the ‘naughty boys’ here have value to add.

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:18 PM

And no I’m not posting it in Danish Jesper.

• WWSBRD

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:24 PM

So Chancel is the multi poster King?

Hmm well the Chancel incarnation I’ve had no issue with tbh

Interesting to see his reply

• Average_Contents

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Oh my.

Stumble trip, stumble trip. Errrr, not me honest.

Talk about blowing yourself up nuclear style lmfco.

Come on rob, the games up mate. To be honest I thought it was up with all that nufcdigest nonsense in which you pleaded you’re innocence despite there being far too many coincidences.

As it was a sensitive issue what with you being in hospital and all, and the undoubted backlash anyone would receive if they dared question that – not many came straight out with it. A few alluded to it. Beat around the bush so to speak.

Brass necked blurt.

Belfast

I don’t know who’s sadder, you for researching it further or him for doing it in the first place lol.

Send me that box mate and I promise I’ll sort it for you 😉

• toontaff2

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:26 PM

Dear Mike and Lee,

Having a great time here, lovely just to get away for a deserved break from all those unrealistic expectations the Newcastle fans have.

I’d heard all about them before I took the job but you have to live it to really understand it!

Anyway, the European trip is going really well, we are unbeaten so far but come up against tough opposition on Saturday.

Lillestrom will be very dangerous opponents, I haven’t actually heard of any of their players but these Europeans are always tricky.

Fitness side going well…well apart from Siem de Jong naturally. He had just recovered from the sunstroke when he managed to get hit four times during the darts and then dropped a box of dominoes on his foot.

Steven Taylor on the other hand can’t quite believe that a facility like this hasn’t got any sunbeds and he was talking about getting his money back, until we reminded him that he was actually being paid tens of thousands of pounds to be here on holiday…sorry, incredibly hard double session training camp with no thought of enjoying ourselves.

We’re hoping to catch the FA Cup matches while we are out here – the fifth round is always a great time in the football calendar, especially when you can put your feet up and watch them with a bottle of San Miguel, rather than the inconvenience of having to actually play in them.

This trip has already proved to be invaluable, as me and the coaching staff last night really got to the bottom of what has put Newcastle in a relegation fight all season.

During a toilet break in last night’s poker game, First Team Coach Paul Simpson turned to me and said ‘You know boss, we need to score more goals and stop the other teams scoring so many’.

It was like a massive light bulb coming on in the room.

Hope this reassures you that we are now on the right track.

Hasta la vista

Steve

• toontaff2

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:31 PM

15,500 results for Rob Vollans on google – the many faces of Rob.

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:32 PM

I don’t want a box anymore but my blue peter badge is rusty so I’ll take a new badge.

Cheers.

• toon kk

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:38 PM

It doesn’t matter if every squad member is fit because we still lack quality in defence and struggle to score. Our work rate is shocking and our players only turn up occasionally.

• manxpie

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:39 PM

Haha well done inspector Belfast i knew chancel was dodgy firebug will be well pissed lol
    So how many bloody accounts has he got?

• Transfer Sage

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM

I couldn’t care less how many accounts people have as long as they post sensible comments and are open for debate.

Too many people on seem to think a different point of view is an attack on them. It’s easy enough to spot who is interested in debate, even if they hold a strong view either way.

• Laurent Robert The Legend

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Yes..He is.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM

TS,
    You’re right multiple accounts are harmless until they creepily start backing each other up and ganging up on posters they don’t like.

• The American

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Giimips

I’m afraid that would be just too easy my friend. Giving someone who you just bought a decent run of games is an issue at this club for some reason. Even if your last game was a man of the match performance.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM

toon kk

That’s the main issue, work rate…we totally lack it the majority of the time.

Look at the top two teams in the league currently….Leicester and Spurs. Both play totally different football. Leicester with direct balls for vardy to chase, playing low possession football but get results. Spurs play a possession based game and also get results.

Both teams though have the highest work rate in the league, in my opinion. They close down the opposition quickly all over the field and when in possession never stop making runs so they can be found.

• Transfer Sage

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Jail

Very true….but it’s usually easy enough to spot, especially when they gang up on somebody for no reason, or a very poor/small reason.

I just try to avoid them if they appear to be multiples or have no interest in discussing a point. Those just looking to troll or stir the pot are best ignored unless they want to contribute in a meaningful way.

• manxpie

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Sage it’s pretty hard when you could be talking to the same person on 2 different accounts with 2 differing opinions lol
    that’s fusked up on any level

• The American

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Belfast

Not for nothing, as you seem to have put a lot of work on this, why does this matter? I feel that Chancel has been a solid poster and contributed positively to the blog. That is honestly more than I can say for other regular posters who only throw out their opinions as canon and bully dissenters into submission or leaving the blog.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM

No problems with Chancel, YMFB was a pain in the ar$e though, deleiberatelt trolling because nobody would reply to his posts one day.

• Mag52

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Transfer Sage, where the devil have you been ?
    The board (a thin, flat, wooden object) could have done with a dose of transfer wisdom during the last window.

• Average_Contents

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Belfast

Don’t do badges soz. Ibiza will sort you out I’m sure

Manx

That’s the point of them I suppose and yeah it’s fcuking silly mate.

• BandB

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:51 PM

If anyone looks back over the nights when the trolling has been at its worst since last summer. they will see more or less the same pattern,

An unidentified WUM posting pro-Sunderland chants, copying and pasting nonsense, posting under names that implicate Jib, ridiculing other posters and mocking Ed’s efforts to root him out.
    The only other people often posting were at the same time were YMFB, and Take a Chancel, the latter seemingly under attack from the WUM, but usually calling for the craic to get back to football, while blaming not the WUM, but the interfering “blog detectives” for the meltdown.

It may seem like Scooby Doo, but that was always his intention since he got the cold shoulder over posing links to his own website,