The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Likely Just To Stick With McClaren

3:12 pm, Friday, February 19th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 249 Comments

We have read a few articles this week in the Chronicle and a common theme is the last thing Lee Charnley wants to do is to bring in a new manager to replace Steve McClaren, even though the head coach has struggled in the job all season and his record is simply hopeless.

Premier LeaguePlayed WonDrawnLostGFGAGDPoints
2015-20162866162853-2524

But it also seems the last thing Lee wanted to do last season was to bring in a new manager and the inept John Carver was therefore allowed to stay in the job, even though he had only one point from the previous 10 games before we won the very last game of the season and only just survived.

steve mcclaren - cheslea had just equalized

Steve McClaren – we’ve seen too much of this

John was then fired in early June but not before he was still pushing for the job full time after he had saved Newcastle  in the final game.

The general consensus after the second away disaster in a row at Chelsea last Saturday was that McClaren would have to do well in the next two games to survive and keep his job.

But we now wonder how true that really is – and how long Lee Charnley is willing to wait this season – waiting for the results under Steve  to pick up.

They didn´t pick up under John Carver last season and we were more than lucky to get away with survival- no thanks to Lee Charnley.

Only if we lose badly to Stoke will there be more cries that McClaren will have to go, but would Newcastle really  fire him before the next vital game three days later at home to Bournemouth.

Probably not – and then we would even be favorites to beat Bournemouth – a massive game for us.

So if we lose to Stoke it´s unlikely Steve will be fired and then if we beat Bournemouth we are back to square one – and McClaren continues in the job.

Newcastle have never come good this season so far, other than a couple of successive wins against Liverpool and Tottenham and a home point against bottom of the table Aston Villa.

But after those 7 points from three games we lost the next four games – all of them by 1-0.

But in our last two away defeats they were 3-0 at Everton and 5-1 at Chelsea so the defense has given out again.

There have even be reports the Board still he is the right long term manager for Newcastle, but what the exact logic is behind that we have no idea.

Maybe a good question for Lee at the Fans Forum meeting on Monday night?

The suspicion seems to be the Newcastle Board will give Steve McClaren every chance possible to survive and rescue Newcastle.

But the risk is if there are no improvements in results and the Board realize McClaren must be replaced – it will be too late – as it almost was last season.

And how many good managers would take over with so few games to play?

As we say often – if you don’t learn from your past mistakes then history always repeats itself.

One of the reasons we are so concerned that we will take the drop in May is that there doesn’t seem to be the will at the club to do what’s necessary to fix the problem.

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Other News · Prayer · Premier League

249 responses so far ↓

• 1 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Really bad descision on the clubs part. Doomed

• 2 nufc786 // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Vurnon anita needs to look at N’golo Kante both are similar heights and i remember Anita was deemed to be to small to play PL by some but Kante at Leicester is exactly the same height but has dominated ever since arriving in the PL

i still think Anita is capable of raising his game he has shown flashes here and there.

• 3 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Come on Ed at least put Johnny carvers stats up alongside. It would at least serve to illustrate that they held on to Carver to the last game of the season when we realistically could have gone down, therefore there is no reason they will sack SM while the maths is still on our side to stay up.

• 4 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:22 PM

I always thought Vern a very under rated player, gets unfairly singled out in games by some fans. For some reason we seem to forgive some players for a couple of poor performances, and beat up others till they go. Never worked out why.

• 5 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Ian Toon……. I have never involved myself in the dispute about your multiple Id’s . However there does appear to be conclusive evidence to prove the point. Today would be the perfect time to admit the truth and apologise to the people that this has affected. I am sure that your apology would be accepted and that the blog would be a better place without the ill feeling and mistrust.

• 6 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:23 PM

But its good to see fair plundering of the “Depths of Despair McLaren” album again. Maybe he’s just found out that Rob Vollans is the agent for every player on the books? 🙂

• 7 nufc786 // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:24 PM

G
    I know I think Sissoko has been getting off light lately i remember when he gave the ball away at chelsea and made a half pathetic attempt to run back… Pathetic

• 8 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:24 PM

Rollo Tomasi? Or Keyser Sose?

• 9 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Maybe Rob is Topsy Kretts?

😀

Theories on a postcard please…

• 10 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Sissoko is 2 players, identical to look at, but one of him can be brilliant, and the other wants to be shot!

• 11 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Is Tsunki called Rob Vollens as well? It would be nice to have a name to send my bill for ruined bacon sarnies to!

• 12 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM

“So what do you think, Graeme? Can he do any worse than the Handyman?”

” No, no no, Lee – not with the players I’ve bought him, they just need to gel, plenty of time left”

” shhh shhhhhh… here comes the boss”

– Mike Ashley enters the boardroom, throws a wad of cash on the table, farts, sniffs the air, then leaves without a word. Silence in the boardroom save for the snoring of Moncur under the table.

• 13 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM

G I resemble that remark! What are you incinerating? 🙂

• 14 nufc786 // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:31 PM

G
    I think it might be a lack of competition for RM and being unhappy that he cannot play in CAM.

• 15 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:31 PM

wasn’t he the guy who sang “La Bamba”? I thought he was dead never mind in St Jimmys

• 16 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Just putting a freindly reminder out for bacon debts

• 17 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Sorry G about the mental pictures. Didn’t mean to rub it in….oh….darn…how much is the bill now?

• 18 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Nufc786, if you look at his record prior to joining us he was a DM, and a bloody good one. He’s certainly built for it. Seems we play him there as our current record of buying RMs is Obertan, Thauvin and Cabella

• 19 Ian Toon // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Betty- The link was posted a few days ago but was mocked by Jail.
    I have only ever posted as Ian Toon and given time you like many others will recognise it. The party sending me messages is only too aware.

• 20 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:37 PM

@17, I reckon you owe me the whole pig now mate!

• 21 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Later that day….little Bobby has woken and is now recreating his fairs cup exploits with the subbuteo under the table. Graeme is giving Lee, naked from the waist up, his daily shoulder rub. As he gently kneads the essential oil into the rolling folds of his upper chest, he whispers in Lees’ ear…

“Can I have some of that £80m Lee? I’ve got a feeling I can get hold of Paul Scharner for a bargain…”

• 22 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:40 PM

In for a penny…

• 23 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Tsunki dammit!

• 24 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Keep you homoerotic fantasies to yourself will you, when you describe rolls of flab like that I keep seeing charnleys head when I look at my missus.

• 25 AncientC // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Ian Toon // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:13 PM

“Belfast – I clearly was ahead of my time when you were declared a blog legend!
    For what it’s worth I have also received a number of emails in recent weeks largely from the same source. I wasn’t asked to keep the source confidential but it is appropriate to do so.
    The latest one is claiming that Back Door Man and Ancient C are one and the same person.”

Ian Toon, I would be happy to put my name up against yours, if one of the more reputable posters wants to contact Ed, with permission from us both – as to who between us is using what accounts. What say you? Do we have a deal.

• 26 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:47 PM

• 27 AncientC // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:52 PM

“AncientC, you challenge to Ian implies at least one person on the blog has a decent reputation and thier integrity intact. Good luck finding him mate.”

There were no implications made, aside from clearing up which out of Ian and Myself are using multiple accounts. There is little need to confuse the issue.

• 28 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:53 PM

G @26 – at your service – Tuffs the name -integrity the game.

• 29 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:54 PM

@28 lol

• 30 AncientC // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:56 PM

Anyways, busy so have to go. Hopefully Ian mans up, although I doubt it. Adios.

• 31 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:57 PM

AncientC, wasnt having a go, just trying to lighten the mood on the blog, no need for the drama eh.

• 32 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Tuffy by the way, that genuinely did give me a good laugh, not questioning your integrity or anything, just a brilliantly worded retort to ACs choice of words.

• 33 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:04 PM

I don’t have a clue why he was doing it. It was suggested Ed told him to stop posting links to that site. So It could have been sour grapes from then.

The hospital story was a classic though..

He should donate his brain to science and they can really see what’s been going on.

I do feel a little foolish looking back at the hospital story now like. There was a few who weren’t buying it but I actually believed it at the time.

Nurse says I can go on the blog now for a few minutes after coming of the ventilator 🙂

• 34 matt11_25 // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:05 PM

When are the friendlies and are they streamable??

• 35 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Ian Toon – throw yourself upon the mercy of the blog.
    Admit your mischief.
    Admit that you just made up your post about me being moderated.
    Admit your other “friends”.
    Admit you told tales about having 23 supporters.
    Do you know Pushy Pardew what is your relationship.
    What is your relationship to Carl
    What is your relationship to finkler
    ditto ………………..Mr Funk
    ditto……………………John Irving
    ditto…………………..Ernest Hemingway

Bare your soul to the gathered bloggers in order that you may be fairly judged.

• 36 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:07 PM

I have no doubt our man will be sharpening his VPNs and the blog will be hell tonight, not helped by f*kcwits who only stick their heads above the parapets to whinge on about drama queens, hair-pullers etc “spoiling” the blog.

This particular guy has shown huge disrespect to Ed, a man of advanced years and not the best health who has been trying to do us all a favour.

It’s not about points scoring against fellow supporters with different opinions. This guy was happy to chant for the Mackems and do everything he could to bring the blog to a halt. No Newcastle fan would do that.

Give your thick heads a shake.

• 37 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:10 PM

G – always worth trying to lighten the mood – unless those who like to play their victim status appear with their faux outrage etc etc. All down to trying to square off long forgotten disputes/differences of opinion. But there are folk like that in society.

• 38 manxpie // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Belfast next it will be

“Hi I am a family member of chancel unfortunately he passed away last nite,
    His last words were to thank all fellow bloggers”

• 39 Ron Knee // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:13 PM

I must admit I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

I wonder if he’ll come on here to defend himself.

• 40 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:14 PM

@38, I seem to remember a post like that for Jimmymagpie a couple of years back, about 4 or 5 years if memory serves. Surely not him?

• 41 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Band B – you second paragraph about Ed is cetainly worthy of note.
    somebody else, cannot remember who, just a few days ago -Lesh possibly, cautioned that the shenanigans needs to stop or Ed could throw the towel in and that’ll be the end of the blog.

• 42 Ron Knee // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:17 PM

MT

I think it was magscar.

• 43 manxpie // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Nah I’m not saying it’s him just thought it could actually happen lol

• 44 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Fair enough, Ive tried to stay out of the whole multiples thing, but in all fairness, I am all for name and shame when caught out. So is this Rob thingymajig the fella you reckon will be back tonight?

• 45 hibbitt // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Mister Tuff
    chancel/leeds used to push another blog at one time every post was linked to it maybe what you suggest is what he hope to achieve Ed closing the blogg

• 46 hibbitt // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Ron Knee
    magscar is to old he couldn’t stay awake that long to post throughout the night

• 47 Ron Knee // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:32 PM

hibbitt

It was in answer to @41. I think it was magscar who warned that Ed might close the blog if the nonsense persists.

• 48 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Where would we go if Ed shut us down, I think there’d be hell on if we invaded .co.uk, in fact I think they’d be up in arms.

• 49 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:36 PM

@48, is thag workys blog? Was a bit overly militant for my tastes. Not knocking it or him, just each to thier own.

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:37 PM

G,
    ???

• 51 G // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Worky, used to blog on here, then started his own. When Ed stopped the blog at the height of his illness a lot of people went there, but I found it a little over political for my tastes.

• 52 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Hibbitt – you never know that could have been his intention.
    For me it is two choices on here -or perhaps three.
    Say nowt -do not engage.
    First point is undermined when some do engage.
    Take the p out them and tell them to clear off or behave themselves.

• 53 MacToon // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Worky’s was .org G.

• 54 beermonkey // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:48 PM

his facebook is still active if some would like to troll it

• 55 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Well, I am shocked, p1ssed, angry and dumb. I spent a whole day defending Chancel, only to discover reading the blog today that I was wrong, and he has made me look a real pr*ck.

As Chancel he was a decent poster, and I sympathise with him over his health etc, What a Tw@!

The gullible firebug666 is off to make some comfort food, feeling a complete idiot at being duped!

• 56 terencelim // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Good read about Mike Ashley http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/newcastle-can-never-succeed-mike-ashleys-identity-draining-ownership

• 57 beermonkey // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:52 PM

firebug

you wernt the only one

• 58 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:52 PM

G,
    I think they call him toonsy, unless it’s the same person. I don’t like the fact that there’s a post sometimes only every six hours. TDSarf has made himself right at home there, G2 is a regular as is the blog legend Belfast although he’s not a legend next door, just plain old Belfast, that’s the only reason he posts here!

• 59 hibbitt // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:55 PM

firebug666
    one of many who fell for his lies hook line and sinker ……….just remember what goes around comes around

• 60 Ron Knee // Feb 19, 2016 at 4:56 PM

firebug

Join the club, mate!

• 61 hibbitt // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM

and me

• 62 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Looks like these days are truly gone.

• 63 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Haha they’ve already invited me actually. There’s even talk of me being a moderator. So Jail yer barred for life.

• 64 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:14 PM

firebug

There’s every possibility that a new poster or two will pop up later on with an innocuous post about football you agree with.
    Bear in mind we rarely get new posters, and never two or three in one evening.
    But you can greet them with “Windupfan….spot on mate!” if you like.

• 65 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Aye he took a lot in to be honest, but I feel stupid having defended him (as Chancel) I might add, when he was being outed a couple of weeks ago.

What has me so angry, is I am disabled, and have suffered several heart attacks to boot, so I could sympathise with him when he was on about being in hospital and such like, but he was lying, real people suffer every day with real problems, and that tw@ craves sympathy from bloggers he is lying too.

It’s difficult to not really let loose with what I think.

On a football topic, bet we get beat tomorra!

• 66 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Good afternoon all

Having read the “evidence” put against me I would like to answer it.

Firstly my name is James not Rob,
    Secondly all you have proved Belfast is someone retweeted me.
    Thirdly I have not trolled and would never troll this or any Blog.

in answer to YMFB I have been moderated twice, once over the my over zealous links to another blog, secondly when Ed was doing the wum clearout, both times my icon changed as I was being modded.

in my answer to BandB yes I have spent many occasions in St James Hospital due to my health and had lots of different surgerys.

one slight side note, whilst I do not know this Rob character can you be sure he is the one trolling? because if he is I wouldn’t mind having a few choice words with the idiot myself

• 67 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:17 PM

BandB

I think I’ll just stick with those I know from now on, and watch the new posters with mild interest, But I will not leave my self so open again.

• 68 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Yeah watch out for posters who agree with everyone and everything.

I agree with you. 🙂

• 69 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Belfast moderator

• 70 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Ed Harrison
    Hide details
    From: Ed Harrison
    To: themagpie87@outlook.com
    Subject: Re: Take a Chancel
    Date: 10 February 2016 16:21:26

I have only just allowed him back on and we’ve exchanged emails.

I will keep a close look on him though – thanks for heads up.

He’s changed his email to something different from robvollens……

I can see who”s trolling so maybe it iis him – we shall see.

Thanks,

Ed Harrison.

===
    Reply ?
    Delete More

• 71 hibbitt // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:24 PM

Chancel
    time to move on bonny lad the games up now fuxk off

• 72 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:24 PM

Sorry Ed but that had to be done

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:25 PM

I’d love to know why Dennis Twice was answering questions aimed at me when I was holidaying in Thailand, Ian Toon simply isn’t cool enough to be Dennis Twice, Ian has a tweed jacket with leather patches on the elbows.

• 74 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:26 PM

The plot thickens
    (flicks eyebrows up and down like Tom Selleck in the opening credits of Magnum)

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM

I still don’t know what the link is to this Rob Vollens and the trolling the was going on, what’s the proof.

• 76 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:28 PM

So why change from Toon From Leeds, what is the bloody link with YMFB

• 77 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:29 PM

Ed Harrison 10/02/2016 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
    To: themagpie87@outlook.com

From: Ed Harrison (admin@nufcblog.com) You moved this message to its current location.
    Sent: 10 February 2016 16:21:26
    To: themagpie87@outlook.com

I have only just allowed him back on and we’ve exchanged emails.

I will keep a close look on him though – thanks for heads up.

He’s changed his email to something different from robvollens……

I can see who”s trolling so maybe it iis him – we shall see.

Thanks,

Ed Harrison.

===

• 78 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Jail

I changed from TFL to Take A Chancel when I lost all my log in details for TFL when I upgraded my computer

I have no link to YMFB

• 79 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:31 PM

My email is

jamesdavid86@yahoo.com

and always has been

• 80 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:32 PM

Jail

Sounds like a bad ending to an old Batman episode….

Confused, tune in next time to see if the winged wonder can escape the clutches of another evil plot by the Riddler!

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:37 PM

To be honest Chancel I never had nowt to do with you anyway so if you weren’t trolling I’m not bothered either way!

• 82 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Chancel

It’s difficult to know what to believe anymore marra, the evidence has been put forward.

There is a way to exonerate yourself, and that is to have a word with ED, get him to investigate and clear you, then post the replying email here.

I like you as Chancel and using that name you have done nothing wrong.

I will be first to apologise to you if you can produce some evidence that will prove you are not a multi-poster, and have not in fact been taking us all for a ride.

• 83 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:40 PM

The original email full convo was fwd to Mactoon

• 84 manxpie // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM

So Ed is lying then chancel?
    Why would he?
    It says there that you changed your email from Rob vollans

• 85 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Firebug

I completely understand where you come from mate but I promise I haven’t and shall email Ed because this is not on

• 86 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Seeing as everyone is fronting up.
    I’m really Alan Pardew ASPthenextenglandmanager@gmail.com

• 87 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM

How can anyone Guarantee the email is from Ed?

• 88 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Honestly I feel like I have been fitted up

• 89 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Firebug,

If murderers looked like murderers, no-one would ever get lured to their deaths, would they?

• 90 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Are you seriously taking the piss here or what ?
    Now this was sent to me via email by Ibizatoon

Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 18, 2016 at 11:21 PM

For anyone interested my twitter is @burboutique

Nothing footy related it’s all for my shop.

sorry for the advertising but I was asked

Rob Vollans (@rob_vollans) | Twitter
    The latest Tweets from Rob Vollans (@rob_vollans). … The new @burboutique Burmantofts Boutique Webstore is currenly under construction but can be viewed ..

• 91 MacToon // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:51 PM

My ears are burning ……..

Toonsy was also a regular here before he set up his own blog.co.uk

• 92 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Why the ferk would the famous rob vollans be tweeting about your shop website being under reconstruction ?

Remember you dont know him……

Give it up.

• 93 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Belfast

obviously he retweeted me but I can’t see that as they are no longer on twitter!

• 94 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:54 PM

firebug – excellent idea about getting Ed to investigate and post his reply.
    Funnily enought when Ian Toon accused me of being moderated for bullying I contacted Ed – he replied as follows : (I have redacted my email and name)

Re: Another Blog Idiot
    Ed Harrison
    Redacted ;Tue 09/02/2016 21:00
    Redacted

Yes – I hope they sicken soon.
    On being moderated – NO – it’s not true.
    I appreciate your help.
    Ed Harrison.

I would have no problem forwarding my series of emails in respect of this to anyone – excluding the obvious suspects.

Ian Toon – admit your mischief -now!

• 95 Average_Contents // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:54 PM

FB

He’s made you look like a right tw@t?

I don’t think he helped ya mate lol ?

Take a chancel

Stumble trip, stumble trip. Errrr, not me honest.

Talk about blowing yourself up nuclear style lmfco.

Come on rob, the games up mate.

As it was a sensitive issue what with you being in hospital and all, and the undoubted backlash anyone would receive if they dared question that – not many came straight out with it. A few alluded to it. Beat around the bush so to speak. I had my suspicious and knee something didn’t sit right.

Brass necked snake you.

• 96 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Belfast you moron perhaps he was trying to fit me up? I dunno but I haven’t done anything wrong

• 97 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Tuff

I love you to bits.
    But I think both you and Jail are in serious danger of letting this guy off the hook by blurring the issue with other posters.

• 98 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:58 PM

BandB

Yes I know, Like I said if he is innocent then prove it as the evidence against him is there.

I am not going to be sucker punched on this, As Chancel I do like him as a poster, but everyone even murderers are entitled to a defence.

If he can prove that he is only one poster, I will eat humble pie, at the moment the evidence is stacked against him, and it makes me out to be a right tool for defending him when I did.

He is now here pleading his innocence, The truth will out, if Ed can assure us.

• 99 Average_Contents // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:59 PM

So some random stranger you claim to not know, and who had been accused of having multiple accounts on here just decided to retweet you’re tweets.

Just for the fun of it.

Must be one of those pesky coincidences again eh?

Just do one ya sad little weirdo.

• 100 Nufc-83 // Feb 19, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Wow people take the blog way too seriously who actually cares if people have multiple accounts just discuss football it’s not like anyone knows each other for Christ sake!

• 101 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Do snakes have necks ?

• 102 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Chancel…As I’ve said before, the coincidences surrounding your time on here have been suspect, but most have been willing to give you the benefit of doubt.

It is possible that we’ve added one to one and gotten five, but it really doesn’t seem that way. Surely you can see that?

If you’d like, you could forward me the email from Ed, where you two discuss the reasons for you being moderated?

ibizatoon2015@gmail.com. Your email address is already out there now.

People just want this to stop, once and for all.

• 103 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM

So Rob Vollans had this big plan to fit you up so he decided to tweet about your shop website being under reconstruction ?

The same Rob Vollans who’s from Leeds and was also editor of the nufc digest website ?

The same bloke who deleted all the evidence from the internet ? Now why would he delete all the evidence if he had this big plan to fit you up ? Bizarre.

• 104 Take A Chancel On Me // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Out of respect for the many bloggers and with a heavy heart I will remove myself from this blog until my name is cleared. I will be having correspondence with Ed and will ask if there is some way the result can be posted on here

I will miss the banter and many bloggers such as:

Firebug
    Ibiza
    Tsunki

Thank you for my time on this blog and hope it continues to thrive

Regards

Take A Chancel (AKA James David)

• 105 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Chancel…… I have also had correspondence with Ed today and he has informed me that he was aware that you are Rob Vollens but under your new email address he has allowed you to continue posting as long as you don’t upset the blog. He has been monitoring your posts and says that so far under the new email you are behaving.

We are all concerned on here about your lies and deceipt so please do not continue to insult our intelligence with your pathetic attempts to squirm out of this.

• 106 Average_Contents // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Yeah tuff

Priorities.

BandB

I also found it strange lastnight when he said here’s my twitter account because you requested it.

I believe you only asked if he was on twitter. Strange reaction.

• 107 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Firebug,

You were inclined to believe him from the outset, to the point of accusing other people of paranoia.

It IS a football blog, which was happily discussing football for the first time in months once this guy was under moderation, and it kicked off again as soon as he wormed his way back on.
    For the second time in two months.

• 108 Average_Contents // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Jizz

Surely you’d know.

Betty

Well said.

Take a

Don’t let the door….

• 109 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Tuff

Yeah I have watch the exchanges with you and certain other posters who I do not interact with much.

Whilst you are always ready to back up what you say with evidence, the others scurry away licking their wounds and searching Google for a suitable reply.

I guess I am always willing to give posters the benefit of doubt, but this time I want some evidence as Chancel is a good poster with health problems, but this Rob Vollans or whatever his name is a tw@ and if that is (as the evidence suggests) chancel then I am a mark 1 idiot for defending him and falling for his poor me sympathy trip.

• 110 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:12 PM

betty

Behaving himself?

I guess the new guy copying and pasting lengthy segments from Wikipedia last night is nothing at all like the guy who was posting lengthy song lyrics.

• 111 beermonkey // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:13 PM

chancel

can you explain the fact you posted to a boutique website and twitter last night

you said was urs and this rob vollans implies the same
    u were also posting links to the same rob vollans blog

for any1 interests or cares even though its a deleted twitter account you can still access it from google

any1 else think rob villans sounds better

• 112 Ron Knee // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:14 PM

firebug

A lot of us fell for it!

• 113 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Ron

I know mate, Really I come on have a bit chat, not always about football, and engage with most.

I defended chancel because I thought he was a decent poster, and he had some good things to add to the blog, that defending him, and sympathising with him over his long and dangerous illness all count for nothing when the evidence says he is a multi-poster who has been taking the p1ss out of us all.

I think I am more gutted because I fell for it all hook line, and sinker.

• 114 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Anybody that wants the original email can email me and I’ll forward them it on like. We’ll have to get a code word though don’t want Vollans snaking in.

• 115 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Belfast

I wouldn’t mind seeing the evidence mate, you can email me if you like.

Use this email address, I don’t use it often as it’s gets a lot of spam sent to it.

firebug666@yahoo.co.uk

• 116 WWSBRD // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM

…still not got a clue what the big issue is tbh especially if Ed had been monitoring him and he has been behaving but hey ho

I haven’t had an issue with the Chancel screen name personally so I’d still talk to him if he’s on

• 117 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:25 PM

firebug

No one will remember that.
    What they will remember though would be if you start making a big deal of arguing its six of one and half a dozen of the other.

• 118 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Oh well. Looks like he’s found out he IS Topsy Kretts after all 😐

• 119 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:28 PM

BandB,
    Are you saying pushy pardew, carl, sack llambias are all Rob Vollens trying to fit the unlikely hero Ian Toon up???

• 120 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Nufc-83 telling us all we shouldn’t be concerned about blog spoilers who like to create multiple wind-up accounts to ruin the whole show. Like that miscreant Jimmymagpie who used the time-honoured ruse of dying to get everyone to have sympathy for him. Seen Jimmy magpie posting as someone else lately? No, me neither.

• 121 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:34 PM

I think what’s been shown Jail, is that the person who has been saying you have a face like a baboon’s arse etc…..ie that thing that REALLY gets your goat……is probably none of the people you’ve been trying to pin it on.

I’m out of this….

• 122 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:35 PM

BandB

I don’t think it’s a case of six of one, half a dozen of the other.

At the moment his guilt is pretty clear, the evidence has been posted, and whist he is still protesting his innocence, he has no evidence to back it up.

Until such time as Ed proves his innocence either via email exchanges with him, or directly on the blog, I will go with the evidence that has been laid bare before us.

Twice now I have fallen into the trap of being taken for a mug, it will not happen a third time, as I will not be engaging with any knew posters until I am sure there is only bloody one of them.

I like Chancel and I am gutted that he was not who we thought (or I thought) as I seem to remember you had him pegged early on.

• 123 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:35 PM

I don’t miss much on here but I’ve obviously missed a trick somewhere along the line.
    Please somebody tell mein bullet points what has been going on, and what Rob Vollens or Chancel has to do with JfA has got a face like a mosquito bite on a rhinoceros’s ar$e,
    Belfast,
    You start if you don’t mind, you seem to have a handle on it !

• 124 welshgeordie9 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:36 PM

BandB
    February 19, 2016
    Tuff

I love you to bits.

Ha ha ha you couldn’t make this crap up

What did you say last night night about crawling which i don’t.

Tuff i love you to bits.

Ha ha ha

• 125 welshgeordie9 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Now I’ve got that out of the way, what time is kick off tomorrow.

• 126 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Of course it matters if it was Chancel. He sits on here asking what the wums are playing at, whilst saying he just wants to talk football.

If true, he’s full of it and is the cause of the wum issues. If not, all will become clear and the blog will still have one of its liked posters back.

No idea why anyone wouldn’t want to know and try to put this to bed.

• 127 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:37 PM

I love you to bits too Welshie.

• 128 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:37 PM

BandB,
    I actually thought they were quite funny, it was when he got bored of that and started on welsh who will obviously bite like an angry ram that it gets too much.

• 129 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Almost weirdly on cue the Welsh Arthur Askey pops up with His Say His Say His Say…thengg yooowwww.

• 130 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Just sent it now firebug.

• 131 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Firebug
    You “liked” (strange word to use but we all do) Chancel because he agreed with you and stroked your ego – a very human reaction that we all succumb to.
    MP’s , salesmen , and groomers all do it .

• 132 welshgeordie9 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:43 PM

Tsunki

Have you been drinking today.

• 133 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Welsh

Kick off?

• 134 welshgeordie9 // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Jail

I don’t bite so yet again I don’t know where you got that from.

• 135 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Arthur Bowden Askey CBE (6 June 1900 – 16 November 1982) was a prominent English comedian and actor. Askey’s humour owed much to the playfulness of the characters he portrayed, his improvisation, and his use of catchphrases, which included “Hello playmates!”, “I thank you” (pronounced “Ay-Thang-Yaw”), and “Before your very eyes”.

• 136 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Is the friendly tomorrow?

• 137 MacToon // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:47 PM

I hate liars and super creeps…… Seems this blog gets its fair share of them tbh.

Jail, with ref last night. Don’t think I can help with that issue really. Sorry mate.

• 138 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:49 PM

MacToon,
    No worries, but welsh wants evidence, I’ll find it!

• 139 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Was Jail looking me poisoned Mactoon ?

• 140 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:57 PM

BandB…There shall be nothing “friendly” about it. The boys mean business, in their flip flops.

However, yes, i think it is tomorrow.

Jail…You’ve got mail.

• 141 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Belfast

Thanks mate just been reading them.

Jib

Firebug
    MP’s , salesmen , and groomers all do it .

Once an idiot always an idiot, if anyone should be banned it’s you. You are surly the definition of everything that is wrong with this blog.

• 142 MacToon // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Was Jail looking me poisoned Mactoon ?

Eh? lol

I’m surprised I haven’t been attacked for “conflict of interest” or something similarly stupid!

• 143 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Jail I’ve explained it to you about ten times ?
    You in aarhus again ?

• 144 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Aarhus (officially spelled Århus from 1948 until 31 December 2010) (Danish pronunciation: [???hu??s] ( listen)) is the second-largest city in Denmark and the seat of Aarhus Municipality. It is located on the east coast of the Jutland peninsula, in the geographical centre of Denmark, 187 kilometres (116 mi) northwest of Copenhagen and 289 kilometres (180 mi) north of Hamburg, Germany. Aarhus’ inner urban area contains 261,570 inhabitants (2014) and the municipal population is 330,639 (end of year, 2015). The Larger urban zone population is 845,971 (2013).

• 145 Average_Contents // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Belfast

Wouldn’t mind a copy myself.

Ibiza

Can you be so kind as to supply Belfast with my email please you spunktrumpet 🙂

How’s tricks anyway mate?

• 146 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Yes Welsh. Mostly coffee.

• 147 Average_Contents // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:12 PM

I see it’s back.

Perhaps it it’s a double bluff.

• 148 Jail for Ashley // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Belfast,
    Bullet points please, I’m a bog cleaner after all !

• 149 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:13 PM

So TFL announces his sad self-exile and the paste monkey pops up. Is this a Swansong?

• 150 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:14 PM

The swan song (Ancient Greek: ???????? ????; Latin: carmen cygni) is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement. The phrase refers to an ancient belief that swans (Cygnus spp.) sing a beautiful song in the moment just before death, having been silent (or alternatively, not so musical) during most of their lifetime. This belief, whose basis in actuality is long-debated, had become proverbial in Ancient Greece by the 3rd century BC, and was reiterated many times in later Western poetry and art.

• 151 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Can anyone point me back to when TFL first turned up and began getting heat for his nufc digest spamathon? He did a load of links in Feb 2015.

• 152 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Sparky
    Good site for you http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/features/rein-in-rage-anger-heart-disease

• 153 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Average…Are you sure? This is Belfast we’re talking about here 🙂

Doing well mate, just off to the beach. It’s so hot I can barely cope.

Yep, that should do the trick. Hope you’re well.

• 154 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:17 PM

I’ll email the original copy to anybody who wants it.

Here here there’s somebody trying to fit me up but he’s deleted all the evidence against me. 🙂

• 155 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Mind you there’s a trail of former bloggers who got short shrift who might be exacting their revenge. Plenty of smoking guns out there.

• 156 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Ah jeff, the perils of apoplexy.

• 157 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Tsunki //Can anyone point me back to when TFL first turned up .

• 158 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Tsunki

I don’t think that this Jeffrey is Chancle / TFL, I have received several emails tonight, some from Belfast (many thanks mate) and some from Chancel, (also many thanks) the ones from Chancel are his exchanges with Ed, but I cannot and would not divulge them without permission.

Having read them, I do not think he is using any other names at this time, however time will tell, I hope Chancel manages to get what he needs from Ed in respect of his account.

• 159 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:23 PM

The term “smoking gun” is a reference to an object or fact that serves as conclusive evidence of a crime or similar act, just short of being caught in flagrante delicto. Its name originally came from the idea of finding a smoking (i.e., very recently fired) gun on the person of a suspect wanted for shooting someone, which in that situation would be nearly unshakable proof of having committed the crime. The phrase originated in the Sherlock Holmes story, “The Adventure of the Gloria Scott” (1893).[1]

In addition to this, its meaning has evolved in uses completely unrelated to criminal activity: for example, scientific evidence that is highly suggestive in favor of a particular hypothesis is sometimes called smoking gun evidence. A piece of evidence that falls just short of being conclusive is sometimes referred to as a “smoldering gun.”[

• 160 Average_Contents // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Thought I’d share this. Gave me a chuckle

• 161 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Firebug…I’ve seen Chancels emails too. I’ve requestd copies of Eds previous emails regarding previous problems, I.E. the posting of links to NUFCDigest.

So far, it doesn’t look like he has those anymore, but is looking.

Ed doesn’t clear Chancel in the emails, but says he’ll let him back on, as long as he promises to behave himself. Chancel may well be doing that, hence why he’s still here.

Clearly the way this is being done is with VPN’s, so how would these emails clear Chancel?

I’m waiting to see the older emails first. If he’s never been accused of multiple accounts by Ed, or if the email where Ed says he recently changed his email address is incorrect, Chancel will be fine.

• 162 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Skunki ??

8Offkey // Jun 21, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Toonfromleeds – Please can you clarify this thing with Nufcdigest for me. Are you still proclaiming that you have no link to it?

Nufcdigest’s first post was on the 25th May. On the same day you start posting links to it on this blog but seemingly have never been on this site posting before.

Strangely, you are from Leeds as per the writer of that blog. When I call you out on this there was a change to the site (on the same day or day after I think) whereby the ‘about us’ page was changed from being produced by one person (Rob Vollans) to say it was a collective of 5 people involved in producing that blog. A day later this was changed again back to the single person.

A good amount of hits to that site clearly have come through those accessing this site and clicking on the links you provide (apparently people can make money off page hits).

There have been those before who have done this, Mecannylad and Ruddy the main two to my recollection, however they admitted there links and were shot down harshly, by many on the blog for this.

You on the other hand dont get the grief they got because you claim there is no link……..yet anyone with a modicum of common sense can see this link.

I just dont like liars and whilst the site is decent, it is very sly what you are doing on Eds site……and it is simply not right in my opinion.

Now fella, come on and be honest here……otherwise your as bad as the multiples with your deceit.

However, you do contribute well to this blog (much more than me) and come across pretty ‘normal’ apart from the above. Can you not just admit your link, keep your name in blue to link to the site (as many on here like it) and make a comment on the story stating that they can read more by clicking on your name……..

• 163 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Firebug one account name admitted a few nights ago they used a vpn and gorrila mail or something like that.

• 164 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:30 PM

AC…Did you see the one with Johnson on the front of a fifa cover? U16 edition?

• 165 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Ibiza

I agree 100%, I never said they would clear him, I said having read them I don’t think he is this Jeffrey character, and I don’t.

But I do hope he gets what he need to clear his name, then we can all put this to bed and move on.

If he is being monitored Ed will know what he is up to.

• 166 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Belfast I remember that post almost word for word and I remember having a few digs at TFL about it before giving him the benefit of the doubt. BandB also begrudgingly took him at his word. Just wanted to see those conversations again.

• 167 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Btw Jeff no you couldnt

• 168 SPRINGY // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:37 PM

evening all
    have’nt been on for a little while, can someone explain what the craic is with chancel…has he been causing bother for some of you?

• 169 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Seeing as everyone is at it.

“Guerrilla Mail is a free disposable email address service launched in 2006.[1] It offers both the ability to send and receive email. Visitors do not need to register to use the service, they are logged in automatically and a random email address is issued on each visit or they can set their own address. Email is kept for one hour before it is deleted.”

Source: Wikipedia

It has legitimate uses. Though it has also been used to send bomb threats.

• 170 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Our friendly tomorrow kicks off 1500 Spanish time -1400 UK.
    It’s on Norwegian TV2 satellite and cable so should be streamed.
    “Are you watching your boys Mr Churchill”

• 171 SPRINGY // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:42 PM

jib
    was’nt expecting the match to be streamed….hope it is,or otherwise its a shitey boring saturday!!lol

• 172 Back Door Man // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Blimey! The Salem Witch Trials have got nowt on this place ,,, an innocent contributor (the fragrant Back Door Man) is accused by Ian Toon of being the ‘evil twin’ of Ancient C. Worse still the same fragrant Back Door Man is being branded by Jib as being a Yankee because he doesn’t get “irony”. All Jib’s squirming/deflection/destraction techniques cannot hide the impression that that earlier posting was racist and not irony. Anyway, the fragrant Back Door Man is a true Geordie being born within ‘hocklin’ distance of the Tyne and not suckin’ a straw beside the Mississippi.

• 173 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Ibiza…… Ed is aware that Chancel is or was Rob Vollens on his old email but now he has a new email address and is being allowed to post from the new one as long as he behaves himself.
    Surely all the evidence Provided by Belfast of Rob Vollens activities doesn’t give Chancel any hope of being fine!!

• 174 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Springy
    I we lose to lowly Lillestrøm (pop18000) this blog will go into meltdown

• 175 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Betty…I am aware of that too.

I’ve asked James to forward me the emails that apparently clear the situation up, that’s all.

So far, they’re not forthcoming. I imagine as old emails were to the robvollans email address, but again, that can be cleared up if not true.

• 176 SPRINGY // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:53 PM

jib
    just hexed us mate….well done!lol……any news on players back yet?

• 177 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Ibiza……. There is nothing to clear up in my opinion. He has been exposed as a liar and a fraud.

• 178 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 7:58 PM

betty…IMO, there isn’t either.

But hey, doesn’t hurt to ask.

With that, I am off.

• 179 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:00 PM

I for one hope he gets chronic arthritis in his fingers so he can’t ever type again and cause any such disruption in the future.

• 180 Ibizatoon // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Betty…With all due respect, that opinion could change tomorrow, couldn’t it?

• 181 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Belfast – can you send those emails to me as well? I don’t think they are true I think you are making them up. Anyway my email is

robbievee@weaselmail.net

Thx 🙂

• 182 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Back Door Man

I must admit, (bet that opening line got some attention) that the few times I have looked at the blog today that I thought I was logging onto a court room drama.

I get the impression that some of the people on here would argue with a brick wall.

Still if it makes them happy who are we to interfere.

On a more interesting note thanks for the Match info Jib.

It hopefully will cheer up my bug ridden week although having spent the last few nights with that bl**dy coughing bug and next to no sleep, I’ll probably sleep through it.

although that could turn out to be a blessing.!!

• 183 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Where’s Jeffrey with a copy and paste when you need one?

• 184 Tsunki // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:07 PM

The evidence before the court is incontravertible,
    There’s no need for the jury to retire….

• 185 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Ed often deletes the worst of the posts.
    Like those on the evening of June 30 2015, which I screen-shotted because they contained a series of crude thalidomide jokes.
    It is interesting to see whose name features prominently in blue, always being a nice guy.

• 186 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Ibiza……. Sorry , can’t believe I was so thick. Just realised you were allowing him to squirm.

• 187 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Do you think I’d still get my key ring if I bought one of the boutique site?

• 188 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Prepare the feathers and the tar boilers.

• 189 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Probably in an envelope of anthrax

• 190 Back Door Man // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Quills being sharpened, ink being mixed, sealing wax being laid out. Yep, I think it might turn nasty on here so preparation is vital for the battle against the Forces of Darkness, namely, Field Marshal Wally’s New Frenchlike* Army and his camp followers.

*always in retreat whilst waving the white flag on most match days.

• 191 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Springy
    With a 26 man squad out there it will be more like a preseason with probably a complete change of personnel at half time.
    Of special note will be what different defensive combinations are tried.

• 192 MacToon // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Absolute genius fitting the word “incontrovertible” into a song 🙂

• 193 MacToon // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:12 PM

So Back Door Man, are you Ancient C? 😆

• 194 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Ibiza…… I am totally convinced that there is no way back for this creep so I’m sure I won’t need to retract and apologise . If however he is redeemed then I will gladly grovel.

• 195 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:18 PM

The poster of the thalidomide jokes was a one-night-only guy called VAD.

You guys might want to Google that.

• 196 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:20 PM

But for those who don’t.

“A ventricular assist device (VAD) is a mechanical pump that’s used to support heart function and blood flow in people who have weakened hearts.”

Useful thing, this Google.

• 197 MacToon // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:22 PM

This Vallen’s guys talents seem wasted on here tbh.

• 198 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Whilst the NUFC Blog is imploding, tricksters being outed and general mayhem is taking place down in the Valleys it is all peace and quiet. The only occasional sound is the hoot of an owl.
    Suddenly and unexpectedly the silence is broken by a loud happy voice and the following is heard echoing across the valley.
    “Yaki dah it’s pardddddy time”.

• 199 Back Door Man // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Belfast, keep the punishments strictly ‘old school’ (like the glorious Mr Tuff’s tar & feather treatment); any reference to a.n.t.r.a.x could be picked-up by GCHQ or the Yankee NSA and you’ll get the 4 o’clock knock and get ‘lifted by the Peelers’ and hauled off to the Maze. Yep, I know th Maze has closed but it sounds better than Maghaberry.

• 200 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Tuff

PMSL:

I should have expected it!

• 201 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Incontrovertible evidence is a colloquial term for evidence introduced to prove a fact that is supposed to be so conclusive that there can be no other truth as to the matter; evidence so strong it overpowers contrary evidence, directing a fact-finder to a specific and certain conclusion.

Examples: a fingerprint showing a person has been present in a room; a DNA test disproving a claim of parenthood.

• 202 welshgeordie9 // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:30 PM

Mister Tuff

You moan there’s people on here that only stirs and cause trouble and you want ed to ban them all and there’s you with wum comments and pictures, can’t have it both ways.

Sort it out lad.

• 203 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:31 PM

To those who know what I’m talking about.

If you get the latest Kodi 15.2 and download lambda’s next generation – Exodus it’s defo in there – probs also in Operation Robocop and Phoenix also.

• 204 SPRINGY // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:32 PM

jib
    hopefully they’ve been working on the defence and work rate

• 205 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Ha way man Welshie , you’ve got to be prepared to take it when you so like to give it.

• 206 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Oh I remember it being used over here to deal with the undesirables back door man. Tied to a lampost usually with an audience and tarred and feathered.

Street justice 🙂

• 207 BandB // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Jib

Yup

• 208 welshgeordie9 // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Betty

That is true mate give and take, but the difference is tuff wants them out, i don’t care what happens to them.

• 209 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Welshie…… Nobody wants you out, It’s all bluster don’t take it too personally.

• 210 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Surely WelshGeordie9 already has Lambda

• 211 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Jeffery could you do a quick background check for me on a Rob Vollans from Leeds ? 🙂

• 212 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:46 PM

lamb’s Da
    Ha ha ha
    Be careful back door man is doing his impresiion of Senator McCarthy and may accuse you of racism

• 213 GeordieTwo // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:52 PM

A long time between matches for us. Many getting cranky on here. A lack of credibility within the club. Little belief from the supporters. Mainly because we’ve seen this story far too often. Even if McCarver survives to the end of the season he won’t be with us beyond that. Yet who would we get in place of him? The Operating Manual speaks to this:
    Chapter 8 Paragraph 6. Replacement of Head Coach/Manager. This can be a very difficult time at the club. We only hire top, top people to be the manager and there are few of those around. That’s why it’s so important to stay in touch with Joe Kinnear.
    😯

• 214 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Joseph Patrick “Joe” Kinnear (born 27 December 1946) is an Irish former football manager and player. Kinnear played as a defender, spending the majority of his career — ten seasons — with Tottenham Hotspur. With Tottenham he won the FA Cup, the Football League Cup twice, the FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup. Kinnear was born in Dublin, moving to Watford, England at the age of seven. He was capped 26 times for the Republic of Ireland national football team. Following the end of his playing career he has also been the manager of India, Nepal, Doncaster Rovers, Wimbledon, Luton Town, Nottingham Forest and Newcastle United.

• 215 GeordieTwo // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Generally speaking I prefer AntCracks to Anthrax. A less well know band, specializing in oldies but goodies such as Muskrat Love, Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone etc. etc.

• 216 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:57 PM

WHEN – not if
    Supermac comes to season’s end he will put on his best Churchillian face and say :-

“This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning “

• 217 GeordieTwo // Feb 19, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Joe also won manager of the year 7 times in a row (according to him anyway) was unimpressed by Derek Llambeezee and tried to sign young Ferguson for us when we already had him. 😯

• 218 GeordieTwo // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:01 PM

The Captain and Toenail. Beautiful. Took Muskrat Love to new heights.

• 219 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:06 PM

I’m watching the Levante v Getafe La Liga match.
    Levante have just subbed a player to a standing ovation – (US born )Guiseppe Rossi
    Anyone remember him playing 11 games for us on loan from ManU in 2006 ?

• 220 Mister Tuff // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:06 PM

Genuine Toon fans know there was only one Supermac and it aint Wally Blusterman.

• 221 GeordieTwo // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:07 PM

I can see us getting 9-11 points from the remaining matches. In my heed I see us with 35 points at the end. Dazzling season Mike, Lee, and Steve. My crystal sphere is a bit murky these days. The league table at the bottom end is quite fogged in. Do I see Norwich with 36 points? Very difficult to tell. Colour me concerned lads.

• 222 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Jeffrey……. Do they allow unlimited internet access in Broadmoor?

• 223 GeordieTwo // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Yes I definitely see our final totals now. Nine wins, eight draws for 35 points. 41 goals for, 67 goals against, -26 goal difference. But where are we in the standings? Dadblast it, the thing has fogged up again!

• 224 GeordieTwo // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Anyway, it’s been a very exciting season as you promised Mike. Long runs in the cup, top players, a tremendous manager, a top, top Board. We’ve got it all thanks to you Mike…..

• 225 Nufc-83 // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Tsunki and you know that how?

• 226 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Any psychiatric students reading this blog would find enough material for an entire conference!

• 227 Thump // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM

“I won’t leave until we’ve won something”

I joked that we’ve already won the Championship so we should see the back of him soon. Maybe that’s his plan – to win it again. First we have to get there…

• 228 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Betty not psychiatry – but psychology lecturers and students make much use of blogs for study.

It is not unknown for lecturers to try to manipulate blogs to demonstrate and prove their points to their students.

• 229 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:42 PM

Jib….. Perhaps we’re all being manipulated and monitored for the advancement of psychology. Having said that , in the overall context of all things NUFC what is normal?

• 230 firebug666 // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:45 PM

betty

Normal is Tino Asprilla in a dinosaur costume teaching his horse to play football.

• 231 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:50 PM

It’s been an eventful day anyway.

I bet jesper has probably just sat waiting on a reply from ed all day still absolutely clueless.

He’ll probably pop up later asking questions.

• 232 Jib // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Next time you see that Welsh pillock (sorry Welshie) with the big curly moustache singing “Go Compare” blame psychology graduates.

• 233 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM

Belfast…… Even the top psychology student in the world wouldn’t be able to give an accurate analysis of Jesper.

• 234 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Firebug… …. That just about sums it up.

• 235 mattyNUFC // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:08 PM

someone get me up to speed. what idiocy have you lot been up to? I can’t be bothered to read 1000 comments, but a quick scroll through tells me there’s a lot of twenty and thirty somethings acting like stupid kids behind the safety of their keyboards…..?

• 236 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Jeffrey…… Bring it on old son. I’m a pro like your mother was.

• 237 jane // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:17 PM

i know what you mean mattyNUFC i don’t know what’s going on half the time but they are actually old men.

• 238 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Media and advertising careers

It might not be an obvious choice for those graduating in psychology, but media careers are hugely varied, with ample opportunities to apply the skills a psychology degree can hone. In particular, psychology graduates can impart valuable insights into human behavior, as well as offering the ability to analyze problems, listen attentively, give considered responses and act with empathy and reason.

I think you’ll find Jeff that Marketing, Sales & Advertising accounts for 3.7% of Psychology graduate careers, according to the Guardian feature.

Surprisingly low maybe, but in no way can under 5% be equated with “most”.

• 239 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Jeffrey…… Your mother must have been a weightlifter to have raised a dumbell like you.

• 240 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Jane

I think you’ re probably right that posters who are on here most of the day everyday or most days are either out of work, retired, shift workers with a regular shift pattern – or offshore workers.

• 241 mattyNUFC // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:23 PM

this is madness, guys, really

i feel like i post pretty frequently but the frequency with which a lot of you post is astounding. what exactly is it that you people do? at all? and to have so much time to post with even one alias is mind-boggling to me, but to have two, three, however many is pretty f***ing sad guys, if you haven’t already figured it out.

• 242 Jeffrey // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:23 PM

The dumbbell, a type of free weight, is a piece of equipment used in weight training. It can be used individually or in pairs, with one in each hand.

You missed a B dummy

• 243 lesh // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Manxpie @38

Was that comment meant to be funny?

Regardless who it was aimed it, it’s not the sort of thing to joke about.

• 244 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Ok Jeffrey, If we’re going to split hairs I’m going to piss off.

• 245 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Jeffrey….. I am slightly dislexic so your comment was music to my arse.

• 246 lesh // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:50 PM

Bally hell

Google’s had a hammering today. Osborne’ll be kicking himself at the tax revenue he’s missing out on!

And with all the carry on over a particular poster, visions of a lynch mob are conjured up. Any chippies looking in could be on a nice little earner building the stocks!

• 247 Belfast // Feb 19, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Matty you won’t be able to post at all if Ed packs it in because he’s constantly chasing trouble makers.

• 248 bettyswallocks // Feb 19, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Jeffrey…… I propose a truce. Two wrongs don’t make a right. Take your parents as an example.

• 249 Jib // Feb 20, 2016 at 8:34 AM

Schizoid
    Your attentiveness in correcting my mistakes is truly heartwarming – thankyou dear.

I foolishly posted

“Most psychology students get gobbled up by the advertising and marketing sections of big companies.”

When I should have course said :-

“Most advertising and marketing sections of big companies are in the main staffed by psychology students”

These stupid mistakes of mine I can only attribute to advancing years and the lateness of posting also being distracted by sport on the telly doesn’t help.

I hope my mistake didn’t spoil your enjoyment of the blog too much.

previous post: Is This The Man To Partner Jonjo Shelvey?

next post: Some Unsurprising Messages Coming Out Of La Manga Camp