The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Youngster Delighted With Lillestrom Assist

1:34 pm, Monday, February 22nd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 125 Comments

20 year-old right back Jamie Sterry again impressed for the Newcastle first team on Saturday against Lillestrom, along with U21 partner 18 year-old Liam Gibson who started the game at left back.

Jamie has tweeted his delight at the whole La Manga experience – and his terrific cross from the right wing after 74 minutes was expertly headed home by 20 year-old Rolando Aarons for the winning goal.

Our youngsters played very well on Saturday and all credit to them.

Tags: Jamie Sterry · Liam Gibson · Newcastle News · Prayer · Premier League · Rolando Aarons

125 responses so far ↓

• 1 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 1:53 PM

I think we should have more players with chelsea iconic players sirnames with an ‘s’ in front, and with the same first initial.
    J Sterry is a good start, but we should move quickly in summer and sign Fred Slampard.

• 2 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM

I hear Eric Shazzard is also available

• 3 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Delbert Scosta up front.

• 4 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Can Sterry or Gibson work in a 3-man backline and can we pull it off without being hammered?

• 5 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Jesper

Irs unlikely that our players could manage a trip to Asda without hetting hammered πŸ˜€

• 6 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 1:58 PM

*its *getting
    Fckn phone keypad is breaking my balls today.

• 7 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Mark…you might be on to something there!

…Scahill, Sazpilicueta or Smatic πŸ˜‰

• 8 AncientC // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Mr Tuff – From the previous thread.

Apparently Ian Toon’s ‘source’ is Ed. Ian Toon claimed I was using multiple accounts in a 1 way exchange Ian had with Belfast, writing that his source was the same as Belfast’s – whose source was Ed btw

Ian Toon // Feb 19, 2016 at 3:13 PM

β€œBelfast – I clearly was ahead of my time when you were declared a blog legend!
    For what it’s worth I have also received a number of emails in recent weeks largely from the same source. I wasn’t asked to keep the source confidential but it is appropriate to do so.
    The latest one is claiming that Back Door Man and Ancient C are one and the same person.”

Ian Toon // Feb 17, 2016 at 9:13 PM

“Regarding.: Back Door Man/ Ancient C.

Ed – You’re really on fire.”

Either Ed is telling lies or Ian is. I know who my money is on. I would report it to Ed, but aside from not caring a less, I do not want to get anybody moderated or kicked off the blog. If I were Ed though, I would be concerned about my name being used to imply things about other bloggers. My guess is that Ian has some form of a delusion disorder, so I do not want to really make too much fun or light of his symptoms.

• 9 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Lmfao @ “Smatic”

• 10 toon kk // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM

We didn’t play well on Saturday, it was our usual back and sideways passing, loosing the ball and total lack of quality from a poor bunch of lazy lethargic relegation candidates.

Lovely break for the flops though.

• 11 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Mark…:D lol

• 12 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM

I am not a fan of Swillian, though.

• 13 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM

…what about Soscar, Sivanovi? or Samelia? πŸ˜‰

• 14 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:15 PM

*Sivanovic

• 15 Mister Tuff // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Ancient – Ian Toon needs to come clean about his mischief. He said I was being moderated for bullying.
    I contacted Ed about this and received a reply saying I wasn’t (which I would be prepared to forward to anyone- excluding the idiots for verification – in unredacted form)
    Another similar situation, choice between who is telling porkies Ed or Ian Toon. I think I know who “does not speak with forked tongue”.

• 16 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Smiazga?

• 17 Mister Tuff // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:18 PM

beer – imagine an undecided player – not sure about joining a particular club.
    He gets phone calls from King Percy/Wally and then Klop or KK.
    I know where I would be going.

• 18 hibbitt // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:19 PM

AC

• 19 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Well, as Musical Youth once wisely said, “Bing-bong-biddly-bong-biddly-bing-bong-bong-biddly-bong-biddly-biddly-bong
    Yeah”

• 20 mad-serb // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM

@ Toon kk

To be fair the conditions were appaling for football. You had a 60 km/h wind blowing from one side to the other and a bounch as uneven as a Kalkutta pitch on day 5 of the test match.

• 21 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Senor Tuff…Ian made one of his long but at the same time brief cameos earlier!

…he never answers a direct question, that’s his nature!

• 22 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM

In many ways he’s like a Loricariidae, known for his suckermouth πŸ˜€ lol

• 23 Rotonda heights // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:24 PM

saylor was horribly slow and exposed v chelsea. hard to tell who was worse him or colo. i know they are inexperienced but lascelles and Mbemba could be really quite good.

• 24 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Jesper,

Some of their past players would be canny. Sdrogba for example. Scec in goal. And of course Scole because we need a left back.

• 25 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:27 PM

Seeing as we are hopeless anyway and that we don’t have any defenders I wouldn’t use it against McC if he decided to use a 3-5-2 or even better a 3-4-3 as long as he just did tactically the exact opposite of what his gut feeling tells him to πŸ˜€

• 26 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Mark…I even had a look at their long list of players on loan πŸ™‚ doesn’t get less fun I can tell you!

• 27 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Jesper

I agree. It can’t really be any worse than it is, anyway. The three most competent defenders at the back, 2 wingers who are not too lazy to track back, and then fill the rest of the places with whatever attacking threat we can muster.

• 28 AncientC // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:32 PM

hibbitt // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:19 PM

“AC
    its your responsibility to bring it to ED’s attention or do you have something to hide !!!!”

hibbitt, it is not my responsibility if somebody on this blog is using Ed’s name to fabricate lies against others. I just do not want to be involved in it. Make your own minds up if you want to believe what a certain poster claims.

• 29 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:33 PM

In the captaincy debate was the point mooted about the difference between The club captain and the on the field captain.
    Is there a difference and could Collo as club captain take the field under a different on the day field captain?

• 30 AncientC // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:34 PM

I can confirm I am not Lord Lucan or the Phantom of the Opera either.

• 31 Ravensd // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:35 PM

I wish we could trust our back 4 to defend counters. Would love to see us play a 433 and really press high

• 32 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM

Mark…see! it cannot be that difficult πŸ˜‰

I am not sure who will work next to Mitro, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Towns and Perez wide in a 3-man attack!

But then again Towns could work well wide in a 4-man mindfield. Ohh well I am sure there’s a solution as long as old man Doumbia is not a starter!

• 33 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Essex…I think that part got lost on many I am afraid.

mad-serb made a good post earlier, but I believe he failed to see my point in that as well. TS and I talked about it yesterday πŸ™‚

• 34 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:39 PM

EGB

The way i see it working is this…
    Club captain should always be on feild captain if he STARTS. If he comes on as a sub, then whichever of the vice captains was in charge should remain so, unless he is subbed of, in which case the next in the chain of command (club captain if he is on) should take over. This minimises disruption of leadership styles within any given match. The club captain should be strong enough to lead, yet also follow in these circumstances.

That being said, I dont think Colo is strong enough to be club captain.

• 35 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Essex…TS mentioned that at Arsenal someone else was club captain than on field captain!

…I really cannot see the issue, but then again I don’t see the issue in rotating the captaincy among a few players when needed!

• 36 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Jesper

I am.reserving judgement on doumbia until he is fit and has a run of games. People were writing him off because of his cameo v chelsea, but i think that was harsh.

• 37 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Ravensd…initially I thought McC would play 4-3-3, but it’s seems that was just a cruel rumour πŸ™

…would have loved that as well!

• 38 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Mark…as long as he doesn’t start (for now) I am not bothered.

…but he was being talked about when we signed him like he has our saving grace. The guy had not played football since the 6th of December and has only really shined in Switzerland and in Russia.

I am a little bit sceptical I’ll admit, but I’ll give him a chance of course.

• 39 mad-serb // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:47 PM

@Rotonda heights

totally agree and they were because of that very reason sitting way to deep which allowed way to much space between them and our midfield that tried to press which was a total disaster.

I watched pieces of it the other day again to see what was so different from the WBA game. The difference we are so much deeper than at home. which leave to much space for the likes of Tiote and co to cover in the middle of the park. after 20 minutes TioteΒ΄s legs were gone from chacing shaddows. We need to be more copact. That will be a start atleast. Always saw some really good signs from Townsend and Shelvey in that display when the game was done already but there was Townsend spriting up and down the pitch while Sissoko at the same time was walking.

think Saviet had another decent showing in the friendly and I would play him and Tiote with Shelvey infront and try and break with Perez and Townsend on the flanks. Then for the striker with no mitro. riviera maybe? Doumbia needs more match practice

• 40 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Jesper

It always seems to me that our recent managers insist on playing one formation without thinking about how the players themselves like to play. Pardew had a squad suited to 433, and the only time we played half decent football under him was when he used it. But he just used to bottle it after a couple of games and revert to his special brand of “over-caution ball”. Our current squad is similar, but Mc seems to be hell bent on playing his own way.

• 41 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Wasn’t nicky butt club captain for a season when he hardly saw a blade of grass?

• 42 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Jesper,

So, with everything in mind we have said about the formation, and the injuries, i am also leaning towards yoir 343 idea. We have no CF fit, so a false 9 (gini maybe) with perez and townsend wide. Shelvy and our best available DMF (tiote?) in the middle, aarons and sissoko wide, janmaat at rcb, staylor cb and lascelles lcb. (Due to scaping the barrel for defenders)

• 43 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM

*scraping

• 44 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Tsunki

Best example in my mind is Puyol at Barca. Xavi and iniesta spent more time as captain in his last couple of seasons. He would come on last 20 mins and take over if the other captain went off.

• 45 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Yeah mark but tbf Puyol was no Nicky Butt πŸ™‚

• 46 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:05 PM

Tsunki

No.argument there, Puyol and Butt were not similar in any way πŸ˜€

• 47 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:19 PM

Isn’t Doumbia fit?

• 48 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:19 PM

Cisse is fit too

• 49 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Dime bar

Doumbia hadn’t kicked a ball in anger since befor xmas due to.the winter break in russia, and cisse is just back from an injury. I wouldn’t start either player yet.

• 50 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Errr, not sure why we have bought Doumbia in.

He wasn’t and still isn’t fit to play a full game, apparently.

Like everyone else I’d like to see him playing and saving us with goals but haven’t seen any evidence that this is about to happen.

• 51 lochinvar // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Shouldn’t that be Sisse ?!

• 52 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 3:36 PM

YouCouldn’tMakeItUp we need to have a body upfront. Perez is not a lone striker. I think as McLaren played Doumbia in the friendly he’ll go with him against Stroke

• 53 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 4:11 PM

Dime

I agree that preferably we would have a proper striker, but i just worry about putting in a player who.isn’t match fit yet.

Perez isn’t really a cf, which is why i suggested gini as a flase 9. Doumbia to get half an hour second half. Pace will be tje key V stoke, so even if he does start with doumbia, he needs to make.sure the fast players are around him.

• 54 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM

*false 9
    Eff this effing phone today.

• 55 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:27 PM

This page wont refresh unless I comment :-/

• 56 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Oh, i am wrong. It’s just gone dead :0

• 57 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:36 PM

You must embrace the terror that is autocorrect, or it will defeat you.

Not much really to talk about for a while theres a good amount of time for further injuries. Just sat here rotating my thumbs around each other. Might involve some of the fingers.

• 58 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:37 PM

πŸ˜‰ sometimes I do feel my comments could be construed as mildly irritating. πŸ˜€

• 59 ShirebrookToon // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:40 PM

So colo is injured so who would be preferred choice to take role of captaincy against Stoke. Tiote maybe?

• 60 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:44 PM

…not mildly but to the point where I would imagine someone less constrained would want to slap you πŸ˜‰

…just saying!

So who killed the blog?

• 61 Ravensd // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Shirebrook

Who’s your backup when tiote is sent off?

• 62 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Mark…are you about?

• 63 ShirebrookToon // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:52 PM

No idea Raven depends who’s fit on the day!

• 64 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Mark…about that 3-4-3 formation. I remember read something about Pep and Bayern where he went from a 4-1-4-1 formation to a 3-4-3. It wasn’t a smooth transition but when he finally got there the the hassle was worth the transition.

We are not as possession based so we would of course have to adapt it and find the right balance. Something like a 3-4-2-1 version could work, it’s a much more demanding tactical formation, using two withdrawn strikers/CAMs behind the main striker. It’s a formation that requires squads to rotate and be tactically maleable.

…the rotation part will most likely confuse a few on here no doubt!

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Just seen Van Gaals interview, he says he’ll be rotating captaolins from now on to try and save their season.

• 66 Ian Toon // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Ha Ha. If only it were that easy.

• 67 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:03 PM

…could we rotate you and try and safe the blog? Just asking!

• 68 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Oh dear , poor Florian.
    Marseilles had a disappointing home draw against Saint Etienne yesterday lunchtime and guess which poor unfortunate player bore the brunt of the home fans ire ?

• 69 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Think LVG will be rotated himself soon

• 70 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:07 PM

So Jeff…you finally figured out ASSE is Saint Etienne? πŸ˜‰

• 71 hibbitt // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Jail for Ashley
    give it a rest mate not even you can think its fun anymore your starting to look like a troll and we can’t have that

• 72 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:11 PM

I see the under-21’s got a cracking result today. 0-3 loss against Fulham.

The malaise runs right through the club it seems.

Big claps all round.

• 73 bettyswallocks // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Jesper…… You seem to be obsessed with this rotation idea now. Players can’t relax and play with confidence in a consistent style with all that chopping and changing. We’re struggling as it is to find consistency so why keep changing things at this stage.

• 74 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:11 PM

I used the word WUM the other day but I guess troll is fitting!

…I just want to add he’s not starting that’s long gone πŸ˜‰

• 75 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:13 PM

…I’ll bet someone will show up soon and defending them!

• 76 Ian Toon // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:19 PM

jesper- I appreciate your comment was addressed to Jail. But it’s ill founded. There was much criticism of Blackley and B but I think you’ve gone into the record book as going on on ad Nadeem about the rotation of a Captain. Estimated at around 48 hours, off but it seems more on. Aside from losing the will to live only those trying to wean themselves off the blog would be appreciative and welcome your assistance. I personally find your contributions at the best of times as puzzling and boring. You choose such bizarre subject matter- it’s not pre season where managers ring changes at a number of levels. If this is your idea of blue sky thinking and thinking outside the box; heaven help us. It reminds me more of a game played at Uni unbeknown to a poor Uni lecturer. We used to call it bullshit bingo.
    The above comments are purely my own. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

• 77 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:19 PM

betty…we don’t need to go around in circles about this. I raised an idea, some of you didn’t get it, some of you needed to joke about extensively and some of you still don’t get it!

…we don’t need more confused blog members so just leave it be and talk about something else .

• 78 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Jesper picking his captain

• 79 hibbitt // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:22 PM

jesperfuglsang
    your just as bad just admit its a daft idea and let the rest of us move on we have enough problem s with the team as it is

• 80 Ian Toon // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:23 PM

Average – You’ve misread my post. I said that I had received a number of e mails from the same source. It was your assumption that took it to be the same source as Belfast which was not the case.

• 81 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Whoops – Try again

Jesper picking his captain (take 2)

• 82 Mister Tuff // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Ian Toon – admit your mischief as requested -several times now.

In the meantime perhaps you could run us through “Maccas’ Bwave New World” again.
    Could it be a secret plan to save us.

• 83 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:32 PM

HTF does spellchecker come up wit ad nadeem for ad nauseum ?

• 84 bettyswallocks // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Jesper….. Ok I think it makes sense to move on but you must be able to gauge by people’s reaction that it’s not a good idea especially when we’re searching for a bit of consistency to get out of the Shyte.
    Just accept it was an idea but not a good one!

• 85 Mister Tuff // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Ian Toon – who are these 23 folk who support you. How did you find this out.
    Why would 23 folk have the need to support you -did they all independently proclaim their support to one central point.
    We have not heard anything on the blog about a movement to support you – please explain more.

• 86 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Jesper

It’s not that not many got it, it’s they don’t agree because it’s a shite idea and therefore took the piss. Nothing to do with not understanding what you we’re trying to say.

Let it go man. In the nicest possible way of course πŸ™‚

• 87 Ian Toon // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Mr Tuff – When it comes to mischief, I am very much a student whilst you’re the professor. You might be able to plead for mercy from Ed but you ‘re not fooling me. I hope to speak to BandB going forward to clarify you being obsessed with me and taking your eye of the real mischief maker(s)- I thought a recent post to Jail of hers made a lot of sense and in line with my thinking. When I have the time.
    In my book anyone as coach / manager after Carver represented a brave new world. Should we survive this season it could still happen.
    Some of us have to work for a living- bye.

• 88 Ibizatoon // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Betty…Let’s hope you’re not tasked with being peace maker anytime soon.

“it makes sense to move on” followed by “just accept it was an idea but not a good one”

You either want to move on, i.e, agree to disagree, or you want to discredit Jespers idea and have him accept he was wrong. Not both.

Jail / Jesper…I like you both, as I hope you both know. However, unless we’re going to go back to who threw the first punch and why, just leave it out. It’s not wumming, but it’s become as bad for the blog as it. As it stands, you’re both at bas as each other.

Ian…Not much of a man for proof, are you?

• 89 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:42 PM

The reasoning is sound, the implementation is not.

Plus it’s quite funny reading the jokes about it, in a roundabout way

Tag team.

• 90 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Thanks Ian!

• 91 Ravensd // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Im hoping we can get aarons on as a sub in his preferred position. Was a llovely header on saturday. By sub I meant with at least 20 mins left, not a typical Mcclaren sub at 88 mins

• 92 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Ibiza

Ian’s proof is his own word.

Surely that’s enough.

What more do you want mate.

Oh, real proof. I reckon you’re flogging a dead horse.

Could we attach this horse to the wheeless cart.

That’d be poetry in motion.

• 93 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Clippety clap, lurch, Clippety clap, lurch.

We seem to be stuck in the shit.

Perhaps Penfold can dig it out.

He’d have to get permission first, just like cheering when we score.

• 94 bettyswallocks // Feb 22, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Ibiza….. You sound like a vicar/policeman/ barrister.

• 95 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Just tugged the young ones in…seems I didn’t miss much!

• 96 BandB // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:05 PM

We’ve got to do something about the product here boys.
    The blog isn’t going to recover lurching from war to civil war and back.
    It’s not ideal when the club is doing little to get excited about and the normal football aspirations fans normally chew over are pretty much pointless. The plan seems to be to sit tight and cross our fingers for three months.
    It would be nice to see some old posters returning and some genuine new ones chipping in, and it’s pretty much up to us to roll out the welcome mat.

• 97 Ravensd // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Jesper

I’d watch how much you talk about tugging young ones. Don’t want to end up like Adam Johnson

• 98 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:08 PM

The prosecution rests….

• 99 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Rotate schmotate we’ve wrung all the juice out of that sucker let’s argue about something else…

• 100 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:11 PM

RavensD I thought the same myself

• 101 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Shall we rotate the discussion?

• 102 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Tsunki
    I’ve been thinking

• 103 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Jesper might have a point you know !

• 104 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Ha ha ha

• 105 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:16 PM

AC…you know the funny thing is when read back it doesn’t really seem you guys got it!

…whether you or others think it’s a great or bad idea! Who cares! Have a debate about it if you feel you have something to contribute or move on to another discussion! It’s that simple!

• 106 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:16 PM

I say we spin it on it’s head.

Come full circle.

Sorry.

• 107 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Ravensd…you have watch how much I talk about tugging young once???

…and you stalk me where? πŸ˜‰

• 108 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Thanks jesper

I’ll try harder in future mate.

It could be the end of me though

In all seriousness, there’s nothing to debate or add to what’s already been said about it. Basically because it’s a shite idea

Dario….

Crewe….

About sums it up lol.

• 109 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Any ideas BandB?

I nominate you to switch the conversation πŸ˜‰

• 110 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:22 PM

betty…U gotta let it go man! I raised an idea, have a good talk with some, but I don’t care if you or some others think it’s a bad idea. That’s fair enough but so what?

• 111 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Jesper I can only see one person agreeing with you. I think you’d be best dropping it.

• 112 BandB // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:25 PM

AC

Do you remember the test card and some music?
    It was a kind of polite way of informing us there was going to be shag all on for a while and that it might pass over quicker if one nipped off and did something else for a bit.

• 113 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:27 PM

hibbitt…why would I say it’s a bad idea? I think it’s a great idea…where did you misread what my thinking was about this? You are more than welcome to move on, I never dragged you in to this.

Just stop saying I shall admit something that is not going to happen!

• 114 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Dime…to be fair I am only defending myself. I don’t really care what peoples thought of the idea is! Thought I made that clear?

If you and others start talking about something else then you’ll see it will all go away πŸ˜‰

• 115 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:32 PM

AC…you like to have the last word right? πŸ˜‰

• 116 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:33 PM

The reason it all got elevated to taking of the pee level was because we went well past the sell by date of ” hmm I dunno can’t see that working” it just won’t lie down now πŸ™‚

• 117 Tsunki // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Kill it! Kill it with fire!!!

πŸ˜€

• 118 Dime Bar // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Maybe we would just rotate Coloccini leave him in centre back position spinning around and he’d probably be a better player?!

• 119 BandB // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Has anyone else reached the stage where they need only a basket for the supermarket, but a trolley for the chemist?
    One cupboard for food and two for medicines?

• 120 welshgeordie9 // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Blog quite boring today, i wonder why, anyway i wish we were playing this weekend, something decent to talk about, rather than rotating bs.

• 121 Average_Contents // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:41 PM

BandB

No need to beat around the bush.

Just tell me to fcukoff lol.

Jesper

Tsunki

You’re keks are on fire. Or is there a fire in the disco.

I’m outta here. My Singapore noodles await.

• 122 welshgeordie9 // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Come on Shrewsbury.

• 123 Jib // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Watching the FA cup on BT

I remembered I had been to their old ground Gay Meadow to watch the Toon .

On checking I see we played them 4 times in the old 2nd division from 1979 to 1984 but never in a cup.

I can remember the lovely view from the stand of the river Severn but for the life of me can remember no other details other than I got lost on the way back and ended up in Nantwich on the drink.

• 124 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:50 PM

ManC played a lot of kids and got stuffed same as we did.

It’s ok putting them in one at a time but slinging them in wholesale is asking for trouble.

Having said that I’d be happy to see Sterry play against Stoke.

And no kamikaze tactics either, park the bus if need be.

No mention of R t ion either.

• 125 Ravensd // Feb 22, 2016 at 7:50 PM

We could put Colo on his head and rotate him really fast. The floors would shine as bright as shelveys head

previous post: Full Injury Update For Newcastle