The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

The Only Thing This Youngster Lacks Is A Little Self-Belief

2:40 pm, Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 206 Comments

Liam Gibson did himself no harm at all last Saturday when he started at left back in the 2-1 win over Lillestrom in La Manga to end a five day warm weather training trip by Newcastle, which was in preparation for the vital 12 game run-in to the season.

Liam played very well for one just 18 years old and he was given some praise from head coach Steve McClaren after the game – Steve said he had done very well.

liam gibson lillestrom

Liam Gibson in action last Saturday in La Manga

Both Massadio Haidara and Kevin Mbabu are still out with injury and both lads seem to pick up a lot of injuries – so Liam got his chance at left back – and the took it.

We don´t know exactly what the situation is with Paul Dummett, who is another left back who picks up a number of injuries in any one season and he´s been struggling with a hamstring problem since last season.

Peter Beardsley is upbeat about Liam and had this to say on the Newcastle web-site today about the Stanley born youngster:

“He’s a great kid. He’s got a lovely left foot, he’s strong, physical, can run and he has a good understanding of the game.”

“The only thing he’s maybe lacking is confidence. I don’t think he realizes what he has, because he has a lot of strengths, a lot of positives, and I just wish sometimes he would believe in himself a bit more.”

“He’s certainly got the talent.” “What was good for him was he had to sing in front of the first team players and staff at Chelsea.”

“Apparently he sang really well and fair play to him – I didn’t think he’d be able to get through that! Having got through that, he should be able to get through most things.”

“But the first team players are always very welcoming in terms of taking them (the young players) under their wing, encouraging them, helping them.”

“Colo is very good in that sense. They all come back having had a great experience and that’s what it’s all about.”

One of the things Newcastle have lacked in recent years is more of our youngsters coming through the ranks from the Youth Academy into the first team.

We have had Paul Dummett come through and now Rolando Aarons looks like he´s back fully fit again and made a great sub appearance against Lillestrom.

Rolando scored the winning goal with a great header from a terrific Jamie Sterry cross.

Both Liam Gibson and Jamie Sterry looked good last Saturday and here are two full-backs who could make it at the club.

We wish the two local lads all the best for the future – it would be great if they can both become first team regulars in the future – along with Rolando.

Tags: Focus on Youth · Jamie Sterry · Liam Gibson · Newcastle Academy · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Rolando Aarons

206 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mag52 // Feb 24, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Munster.

Much as we have agreed in the past over ‘he who shall not be named’, I will have to challenge your opinion of the result of the rugby at the weekend.
    It’ll be a hard fought game, but IMO, a win for the whites by 5 – 10 points.

• 2 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM

England to win by 20

• 3 croftus5678 // Feb 24, 2016 at 2:57 PM

i hope he gets a chance now and takes that chance well !

it would mean only the cb’s to worry about then before we have a top team.

• 4 croftus5678 // Feb 24, 2016 at 3:02 PM

how many of our youngsters are getting great reports back from either their loan teams or from mr b at youth level !

the only thing lacking is a young cb of quality coming through.

lescalles/satka/good/mbabu/mbemba are the best young ones and tbh i’d only see mbabu and mbemba making the grade atm and thats if mbabu’s converted to a cb otherwise i’d stick to dummett and mbemba.

• 5 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Wenger on SSNews

“Every time a Barcelona player went down he shouted”

You ever watched Francis Coquelin Mr Wenger ?

Pot kettle comes to mind

• 6 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Jib Jibberish – you are truly an ignorant fellow. However, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for you.
    You have demonstrated your skill at poetry and more recently the various method of streaming sport which does seem to have been of assistance to others -to allow them to watch the games.
    Could I suggest that you submit a weekly poetry item and that you desist from football comment as you clearly lack knowledge. Allow the others who no have more means for viewing now to pass comment on the matches.
    Restrict your posts to assistance for the various streaming/downloading methods – a sort of blog technical assistant.
    So there we have it :-
    1. Weekly poetry item.
    2. Technical assistant.
    3. Not forgetting of course my previous suggestions of signing up with the Ladies Wrestling Forum.
    4. Last but not least – you need to change your game – netball or ladies rugby reccommended.

No need to thank me for my work here in suggesting a future path for your time and effort.

• 7 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 3:33 PM

According to reports Lubo Satka struggled in York City’s home defeat to Northampton Town last night.

• 8 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Anybody else starting to find Mr Tuff a tad embarrassing.
    I’m sitting at my keyboard blushing for the guy.

• 9 Krul To Be Kind // Feb 24, 2016 at 3:51 PM

Tuff

Can you not leave Jib alone, it’s worrysome that you continue to make a b line for him every time he is on with no regard to others, you ask him to get his facts right before posting, if facts were the issue then surely simply stating facts would not be conducive to a decent conversation, how can you debate facts?

Please grow up lad or take a hike, you childishness is overwhelming.

For the record I truly enjoy jibs input as a reader until Tuff starts with his insults, which in essence no one pays any attention, this is trolling in its pomp, behave yourself little man tuff the keyboard warrior.

Sorry about this post to the many genuine and interesting posters but imo enough is enough!

• 10 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:01 PM

Jib Jibberish – do not mix up the colour change associated with blushing with a colour change due to blood pressure.
    I have a mental picture of you sitting in front of several monitors jumping up and down with rage, red faced and steam coming out your lugs. Ah – a picture to behold.

• 11 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:10 PM

krul,

all defense to sir tuff, jib does come on looking to pick fights… when a know-it-all continues to rear his face, and from what I heard (hearsay), posting to yourself with differing accounts makes ones arguments weaker…

in defense of jib, a bit of his points are decent… if only thee could be a balance… im growing tiresome of this stupid ongoing crap… why I don’t post as much… not that im relevant, according to jib, since I wasn’t born there, and therefore have no idea what it means to be a supporter..

• 12 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Krul – I cannot recall you jumping in when Jib is having a pop at me – bit hypocritical there I think.

Equally strange – Facts are facts you either get them right or wrong – what is the basis for most debate is opinion. If you enjoy his posts that it clearly up to you a personal choice.
    Did you enjoy the abuse, insults homophobia he throws out- comments about disabled follk – where were you that day – on holiday -out shopping – looking the other way – hypocrite.

• 13 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Krul

Jeff / JIB has been the most obnoxious troll on here over the last 18 months by an Irish mile, repeatedly attacking other posters for no particular reason than some very odd ego trip- and then slagging them out for being ‘big girlies who can dish it out but not take it’ – his usual whinging reply.

Leaping to his defence as you have is barely credible, particularly given the school playground manner of the aforesaid Jeff, but I’m sure he’ll welcome your uncritical support.

• 14 Ian Toon // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Jib is good value. I personally welcome an alternative viewpoint and he is rarely just plain boring.
    Alternatively who makes a point of coming onto the blog with the primary intention of making an insulting comment.
    This has just been sent to me and it did make me laugh.

156Mister Tuff // Aug 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    I think we should win tonight. Been reading this blog for a while now and did first post a week or so ago. Some interesting opinions from those posting and one or two off topic aggro. Some good posts and some not so good.
    Beattie25 @#9 some good posts but sometimes I wonder if you are an odd ball.

• 15 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Does anyone think there could be repercussions for the scum through playing the peado after allegedly knowing what he had done? Surely the FA have to do something if it’s true the club knew all about the situation

• 16 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Krul – be balanced – have you posted about all the idiots coming on here recently -or at all.
    have you expressed your dislike of them or the idiots using multiples names which has caused trouble recently.
    Bit of balance man – what is the point of your keyboard fury aimed at me with comments like little man/keyboard warrior. For what it’s worth I’m neither little nor a keyboard warrior.
    Have a pop a the real clots!

• 17 reilly // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:30 PM

having to dig up years old comments to have a dig at someone.
    how sad.

• 18 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:30 PM

ian… not being boring does not mean one must be antagonistical… differing viewpoints should always be welcomed, but defend jib if you must… I read your posts as well, lots of good points, some I disagree with, but I dotn always need to belittle you either…

• 19 Ian Toon // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Dok- But what makes Mr Tuff the arbiter of the clot(s). It’s a matter of opinion. Jib has, to the best of my knowledge always treated me with respect and that merits me showing him due consideration. You can’t demand respect on a football blog you earn it. Mr Tuff spends a disproportionate amount of his time trying to rile and then squeals like a youngster when it is reciprocated. The senior people in my life don’t behave like that.
    I’m getting concerned that DT is going to get the republican nomination.

• 20 Ian Toon // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:45 PM

dok- I am currently on the way out!

• 21 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:50 PM

ian,

perhaps you have a point… but speaking for myself, I was told by jib/jeff that my opinion does not matter, as I was not born there, and therefore will never be a true supporter… Tuff was one of the 1st to tell me that not all geordies agreed with jibs stance, and not to waver in my support of our club.. for that, I will always be thankful…

Tuff also has asked about how I became a toon supporter, and hes one of the 1st id buy a pint for… right or wrong, hes a great guy here… if id have been attacked on here for as long as he was by jib/jeff… id have lost it a lot quicker than he is, and to this day, I have never seen jib/jeff offer an apology for all the inane, assholish comments he made…

no fence for me on this.

• 22 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Ian Toon – someone just sent you a post from 2012 – yer right. Has it got so bad that you have to troll through posts years old to get material for a pop.
    I recall posts from you saying I was an excellent poster – why not dig a few of them up.

As for Jib always treating you with respect -what about the time you were going to be away and you asked him to go through old posts to dig up material to be used against me – and Jib refused – or he didn’t post anything.
    You sly dog.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM

What’s happened to the FF minutes? Has one of the last remaining fans asked a naughty question and they’re hoping he’ll publish the minutes first so they can get shot of him!

• 24 Ian Toon // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:18 PM

They did actually and with a comment of welcoming more of me and less of you and Jail. You both should listen to BandB she’s far more attuned to what’s good for the blog. You’re not to old to learn and to recognise as she put it that those that get your goat( it was addressed to Jail but equally applies to you) are unlikely to be the same people that have been causing mayhem through dodgy posts. Just open up your mind to the possibility. Noticeably some of those you claimed were me have not posted for some time. Don’t you think you might be wrong. At least consider the possibility. I am mainly a reader at present and work threatens.

• 25 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:23 PM

If anyone has just landed on the blog to read Mr T’s short-tempered asides to the likes of Jib and Ian, one could be forgiven for assuming he is being a little over zealous. However those who’ve had enough blog mileage will be well aware that jib was formerly Jeff from Benwell whose politically inappropriate comments and insulting sneering manner have only been mildly reined in by a name change. And Ian continues to deny his multiple past, the man Pushy Pardew knew from his ‘gym days’ to becoming someone he’s never met, although there was the embarrassing conversation with himself that really muddied the waters. 🙂 all Ian does these days is post sarky digs and side with other miscreants in a self promotional attempt to restore a foothold.

No, I think I understand Mr T’s ire. I wouldn’t be so hasty coming to the defence of individuals who have done a good job of putting people off trying their hand at posting, you could be the next recipient of one of their underhand tricks.

• 26 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:25 PM

And AFAIK jeff has only recently come into his new found ‘tech’ knowledge.

• 27 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:25 PM

The white tino.

Sunlun behaved absolutely correctly.

Everyone is assumed innocent until found guilty.

The instant Johnson pleaded guilty to one of the charges , they terminated his contract

• 28 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:29 PM

tsunki, well said…

but how does one restore a foothold, when the cliff is eroding into the abyss..

• 29 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Jib according to the reports at court yesterday Johnson was asked if Sunderland knew about what happened with girl and he replied they knew everything straight away which was a year ago!! If so how can scum have acted correctly knowing he’d met and kissed a under age fan??

• 30 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:33 PM

The White Tino I read that too on the BBC if Sunderland knew what Johnson had done then surely some action has to be taken against Sunderland?

• 31 Offkey // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:38 PM

I think Ian toon is good value, one of those posters who brings much to the table and blog including multiple personas. I think critiquing a man child with so much going for him is bad taste.

• 32 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Dime bar I totally agree, maybe fa can’t comment until court case is finished, but they have got to act and punish club if they have known and still allowed him to be involved with the club , massive fine or maybe a points deduction

• 33 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:43 PM

White Tino and Dime Bar

I must have misunderstood

• 34 Graeme // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:44 PM

The white tino- Jonson told them he was innocent of all charges and stood by his claim. Sunderland gave him the benefit of the innocent until proven guilty and supported him.

On the first day of the hearing, Johnson pleaded Guilty to 3 charges he had previously denied, therefore admitting his guilt – He had lied to his employers and they then terminated his contract.

• 35 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Adam Johnson: Sunderland AFC ‘knew player kissed schoolgirl’

• 36 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Gramme,when asked yesterday in court Johnson admitted the club knew about everything ie he had met the girl and kissed her yet the club carried on employing him, if that had been a teacher or anyone else in contact with kids they would be suspended immediately

• 37 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Tsunki

I am NOT Jeff from Benwell.

Nor am I Jane (she/he must be quite bemused by your stupidity).

Even B and B had the good grace to acknowledge that the vile comments supposedly made by me were in fact a clone.

Mr Tuff is a relative newcomer to the internet so can be cut some slack for his lack of sense of etiquette.

Yourself however have no excuse.

I fail to see the relevance of how recently tech knowledge was acqired ( I obtained my first droidbox 4 years ago)

Oh for an ignore button.

• 38 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Thanks for link dime bar wonder what happens now graeme /jib?

• 39 Back Door Man // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Sitting in the sunshine, gulping my pint of Dog (actually, sipping from a flute of Moet), and watching the wee beasties flitting around the water, I got to thinking that my garden pond was very much like this Blog. By the way the following tract is meant to be a metaphor (clumsy, maybe!) to explain how all healthy communities contain a diverse mixture of views and beliefs (however repellent some of those may be) – it is not to be taken literally.

Mr Ed, the pond’s custodian, had created a wonderful environment for all forms of wildlife to thrive and co-exist. There is the wise old owl (let’s call him Mr Tuff) perched on an overhanging Maple bough wistfully surveying all below and dreaming of what the pond used to be like when he was a chick. His presence around the pond dazzles all, his magnificent plumes and sweet, sweet call are a joy to behold. Then there’s the two graceful Grey Herons (perhaps we could call them Belfast and Back Door Man) watching with beady-eye and razor-sharp beaks, water rippling arounds their feet, poised to feast on morsels drifting up from the dark depths below. A diverse range of other attractive creatures also share this place (Ancient C, expat and many others) contributing to the rich mix that makes this a beautiful spot to visit.

There is, however, a dark side to this idyll; the menace that slithers through the primordial soup at the lowest reaches of this place. Barely formed creatures (maybe we could call them IToon’nJibs), monster-like in appearance, drag their wizened bodies through the slime, spewing foul odours and disgusting bile from their mouth parts. Much to their confusion, the graceful Herons occasionally see signs of ambition flickering within these the bitter and twisted forms. Could it be that a graceful Dragonfly will emerge and soar majestically on the wing, impressing all those who witness the start of a meaningful life of contribution and wisdom around the pond. The Herons hope so! Danger lurks however … the metamorphosis into this dapperly uniformed creature could fail, it could mutate into a belligerent beast who readily attacks the occasional, brightly coloured migrants who visit the pond for respite. The horrors visited on the local creatures by these malevolent beasts fade when compared to what awaits the innocent creatures standing in the way of the IToon’nJibs’ September migration through Poland and beyond. Perhaps, most disturbing of all is when the crystal clear waters here are occasionally polluted by wind-blown scum from that putrid and stagnant mackum wear stream to the South.

Of course, being a limp-wristed member of the metropolitan elite allows me time to indulge myself; good food, fine ale, plenty of exercise, good books, all keep mind and body sharp for the battles against the Forces of Darkness. I also find a little Mandrax mixed with my pint sends me to the Land of Insight where I see strange creatures, sitting gross and mal-formed in a gloomy cave, bathed in the flickering glow of monitors. These strange creatures only link to reality is seen through these blinking glass eyes; the cave is devoid of any weighty tomes which, if read, might lead to a greater appreciation of the world outside. There is no Marx, Flaubert, Dickens, Wells, Zola, Solzhenitsyn, Tolkien, Balzac, Yeates, Shelley, Keats or half-a-hundred others; all we have are piles of sticky magazine pages. Welcome to the real world of the universal footy blog commentariat.

• 40 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Offley I dunno about bad taste – agree Ian dies have the occasional worthy post (more than me ha ha) but it’s the lamentable stuff where he tries to draw sides and make digs that dilutes them somewhat. I suppose it takes a lot to live down your past mistakes when the likes of me or whoever bring them up, but it’s usually precipitated by a snotty remark or jibe. If they stopped then I suppose we could all just move on.

• 41 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Does. Sorry.

• 42 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:59 PM

The White Tino you are welcome, makes you think Sunderland knew more than that tbh

• 43 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Anyway, on topic, I though this lad did ok but I always felt uneasy he was about to be caught out by their wingers closing him down the other day. I don’t think most PL charging hosses would give him the luxury of such time. Still, he looked safe if unremarkable. Perhaps that’s what we need – a fb with no delusions of being a winger. Plus we need more flame-headed content in the side! 🙂

• 44 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Exactly my point dime bar don’t think fa will let this go like

• 45 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Jeff, you’ve got an ignore button, oh that you would use it.

I take everything you say with a pinch of salt, especially as your style and manner of attack are absolutely identical to the said poster who vanished at precisely the time you appeared. Time has not been the corrosive agent your reputation yearns for just yet. So ease off on the caps lock for another day. Nice to see BandB falling down on your side but I fail to see why that should persuade me to.

As for the tech knowledge, I was just qualifying that your worth to the blog is probably less than surmised, seeing as you kept conspicuously silent during earlier discussions about such things. Can’t you even acknowledge you’ve just picked up this stuff from other posters, such as reilly? And up to last week you thought a droid was R2D2.

These are not the droids you are looking for…

• 46 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Tino
    Do you think AJ will do time ?

• 47 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:20 PM

It’s quite interesting how bad your memory is Tsunki.
    I gave you a link to a PL match on Azerbaijani TV over a year ago and you were certainly more gracious then than you are now.

• 48 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:24 PM

Yeah jeff you did Google links to streams and sometimes they were useful. Perhaps my lack of grace these days is in equal proportion to your historical snideyness. I think I just made up a word.

• 49 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Jib he’s almost certainly gonna do time reckon minimum 3 year should be a lot longer in my opinion. All you here about from him is how it’s affected his life!! What about the girls?? By the way we all know girls can look older than they are but Johnson knew her age and still kept going back he deserves everything he gets

• 50 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM

An I wish my memory was worse then maybe I wouldn’t keep recalling what a toad you have been.

• 51 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:28 PM

The White Tino I can see Johnson going down for at least 10 years

• 52 WWSBRD // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Team Tuff vs Tean Jib wonder what the numbers would be like

I don’t judge people for jumping to Jib’s defence but if ur on the blog quite a lot and for an extended period of time then I think you would understand Tuffs stance on the matter

Annnnyhoo two full backs coming through eh Gibson and Sterry, how much heat will I get for saying neither will make it I wonder let’s find out eh

Neither will make it

• 53 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Dime bar that’s what he should get but I have my doubts he will, but begs the question if the law takes it that seriously then fa surely have too especially now it seems scum knew for a year and still played him

• 54 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Just been on BBC news Johnson says club knew a year ago about meeting and kissing 15 year old Sunderland chief executive was present yet club took no action!!! Fa must now act, serious questions need asking as to why he was still allowed to carry on playing, fingers crossed for a points deduction from fa

• 55 WWSBRD // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Tbf to Sunderland whatever they did over Johnson it would have been wrong they couldn’t win

• 56 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Wwsbrd how could they not win?? They were serious allegations and it seems the club knew all along he should have been suspended straight away mate

• 57 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Who wants to be fair to the scum ?
    Screw ’em

• 58 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:46 PM

A start can be made on Saturday (or Sarraday as the say in the village of the damned)
    Sav and Fletch bombarded with texts before the West Ham match.

• 59 WWSBRD // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:49 PM

white tino
    It hadn’t been in court yet, it was allegations

Maybe they knew what had gone on maybe they didn’t at this point it’s just Johnsons word (not really sure why he was asked this in relation to the case? I’ve not really followed it that closely)

• 60 reilly // Feb 24, 2016 at 6:55 PM

mind blowing that the scum board knew everything that went on and still payed and played him.
    banish them to the conference. 😆

• 61 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Wwsbrd the club knew he’d met and kissed a 15 year old girl!! Just imagine a teacher or doctor going to his employer and admitting meeting and kissing a 15 year old girl!! What do you think there reply would be

• 62 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:05 PM

What is boiling my piss is if they knew what he had done and they continued to play him, how many other children did they put at risk from this predator?

We all know how footballers interact with youth clubs and schools, how they are icons to thousands of youngsters, and how they chat to you (sometimes) when signing autographed etc etc.

If Sunderland knew what had gone on (as it appears the did) then they have acted abhorrently in an attempt to gain points to keep them in the prem.

IMO they are just as disgusting as AJ, because they allowed him to keep the status he used to lure a young girl into sexual activity.

• 63 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Jib

I said I believed I needed to apologise for tagging you with certain rashes of trolling it now seems proven were by our other little friend.
    Hands up. I am not going to equivocate.

That person seems to get his kick from inventing butter-wouldn’t-melt personas who quickly ingratiate themselves as everyone’s best friend by tickling their egos, while using other personas as his attack dogs with the blog itself as the target. The thrill comes from his Mr Nice Guy not being a suspect. Like any common or garden psychopath.

I can’t prove you are Jeff from Benwell, and it doesn’t matter because he is gone. But you have that timing issue.

Jeff created the mood of a blog under siege with his own attack dogs, and his little princess. He helped make the blog a target by demonstrating its security flaws to people even worse.

I think you yourself (Jib) are happy for the blog to be an unpleasant place if it prevents people expressing views that are unflattering to Mike Ashley. There are plenty who appreciate your efforts who are far less upfront about it. Unluckily for them sucking up to you doesn’t prevent you biting them. And I rather enjoy it when that happens.

Besides, you are funny and damn near indestructible. In a cartoon villain sort of way.

• 64 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Exactly firebug 666 think the FA must act strongly on this one like you say he was allowed around other vulnerable kids and safe knew what he had done according to Johnson

• 65 Back Door Man // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:11 PM

He could get up to 14 years for what’s alleged the dirty bast*rd. My guess is he’ll get a 5 stretch.

• 66 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Back door man, but what about the club who continued to play the peado??

• 67 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Tino

For a start they should be deducted every point they have gained with him in the team, followed by a fine, and a large donation made to a children’s charity.

• 68 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Jeff v1
    Sunlun behaved absolutely correctly.
    Everyone is assumed innocent until found guilty.

Jeff v2
    Who wants to be fair to the scum ?
    Screw ’em
    I’m with Tino on this a points deduction has to be pushed for – everyone e-mail their MP’s (sic)

The club will have been aware of the allegations well before he was charged and the case proceeded.
    They will not have known whether the allegations were malicious or accurate and EPL footballers have been accused before – including Remy.
    PR like that over the Ched Evans case was the last type of thing they would have wanted.

Club HR probably interviewed their player and/or his lawyer and then took additional legal advice.
    Maybe they decided to hold off until the case was resolved one way or the other.
    If the case had been dismissed then they’d have held on to him.

However he pleaded guilty to what was seen as a lesser charge – and then the club acted and terminated the contract.
    Had they done so a year ago they may well have been seen as prejudicing the whole legal process by deeming him guilty enough before any judicial process. At its worst this could have involved them in contempt proceedings.

I think Jeff v1 is a slightly more considered view.

• 69 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM

B and B
    Thanks for that.

You credit me with more of an agenda than I actually have.

Mike Ashley is a big boy with money coming out of every bodily orifice he doesn’t need me running blocking obstruction for him.
    If it comes across like that it’s not intentional.

Mr Tuff as Krul said , does seem to make a bee-line for me , so what , I can handle that.

Jesper would kill for the attention I get 😀

Bye the bye what has happened to Blackley lately ?

• 70 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM

BandB,

snidely whiplash and his faithful mutley perhaps? 🙂

• 71 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:20 PM

jib,

you attack everyone that differs with you… that cannot translate to the real world… tuff, jesper, for starters… why does it always have to be about you, and you thinking you’re always right? perhaps you’re actually in MA’s employ, would make much more sense…

• 72 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Firebug666 as much as I agree with you what do you realistically expect theFA to do

• 73 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:22 PM

it’s true that it would be less entertaining without jeff. It would certainly cause a distinct vacuum if all those laugh out loud Wile E Coyote moments were to vanish. 😀

• 74 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Schizoid
    Masterful information manipulation

did you miss this

“Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 5:43 PM
    White Tino and Dime Bar
    I must have misunderstood
    I read it that Johnson had said the club was aware of the charges for over a year – not that he had admitted his guilt to the club over a year ago.”

I suspect not

• 75 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:26 PM

21st Century

It is being reported that at a meeting with the club and his barrister he admitted Kissing the 15 year old and texting her, Not clear what else they knew, but that is enough.

There was no restriction to his duty as a footballer that are made clear, therefore other children could have been put at risk.

He should have been suspended for what he had admitted to, regardless the club would not have been acting incorrectly, it would have had no bearing on the case because he admitted it to the club himself.

They were also privy to his and the young girls police statements, there is no defence imo.

• 76 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Schizoid
    Just in case you don’t gedddit
    This is paedophelia
    Serious stuff
    Not a point scoring exercise

• 77 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Tino

I expect the FA will do exactly that mate F.A.

• 78 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:28 PM

The FA should deduct every point from Sunderland that they gained whilst Adam Johnson played

• 79 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Dok
    You say attack
    In the UK we say argue
    It’s a forum
    We could all sit at our keyboards nodding our heads (that often happens)
    But , gasp , shock , horror sometimes folk disagree with each other.

• 80 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Firebug666 yeah that’s what I reckon too, only thing is if it were to happen again at another club they couldn’t do much hence I think they could well make an example of Sunderland
    And that would probs be huge fine and points dededuction especially as they knew he’d admitted it to club a year ago

• 81 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Ed will you for goodness sake please clarify once and for all if Jib is Jane, Jeff or all of the other aliases’ he’s accused of being.

Personally I couldn’t care less but it would be nice to see an end to the mud slinging and vindictiveness that makes up a big chunk of the posts.

Mr Tuff regardless of what may have been said in the past why do you continue to goad him. The first comment you made on this thread was to have a go at him.
    He might well be guilty of all of the nasty things he is accused of in the past but, frankly I don’t remember as it is in the past and life is too short to dwell on it.
    Why don’t the pair of you just give it a rest.

• 82 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Dime Bar
    That would probably put them into the Football League North !!!!!

• 83 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Sorry
    Vanarama National League North

• 84 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:41 PM

I only meant from this season lol

• 85 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:41 PM

In case anyone is curious that Gazprom music for Eurofooty is
    Tchaikovsky – Piano Concerto 1 – B Flat Minor

• 86 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:44 PM

BT Sport have Robbie Savage as co commentator, I can’t stand him. Wonder if there is any other channel on Robocop showing it?!

• 87 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Tino

Sunderland is a North East club, and when is hasn’t involved us I’m not ashamed to say I have rooted for the underdog.

We have all pulled together in times on need, and beyond the hatred of a few idiots hold a mutual respect for each other even becoming united in a common cause.

But that aside, how much damage has their club done, not just to the club but to their supported.

They continues to employ a man they knew to be a paedophile, a man that thousands of children went to watch and cheer, a man who would have sold hundreds if not thousands of shirts to kids with his name on the back.

I could go on, but I think you get the gist of it, it is sickening, and the FA must act, but will they?

Johnson may get what he deserves, but the club will get off scott free me thinks.

• 88 Lindisfarne // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:45 PM

WICKED!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!

• 89 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:46 PM

I fully expect Man City to give the Ukrainians a sound thrashing

• 90 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Lindisfarne

PMSL: That man has seriously lost the plot, Next week he’ll be teaching his horse to hoverboard.

• 91 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Firebug, I agree but like I say what happens if it happens again at another club?? Was it Boro who were first deducted points for not fielding a team?? And has it happened since??

• 92 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Dime bar it’s on Supersport 3

• 93 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:56 PM

From memory
    Boro under Brian Robson had a flu epidemic and just didn’t turn up for a fixture.

• 94 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Thanks Jib

• 95 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 7:58 PM

The White Tino was that against Blackburn?

• 96 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Jib point I’m making is fa issued a points deduction to Boro and I don’t think it’s happened since, think the same might apply to Sunderland especially as they have known it happened at least a year ago from the player himself and not speculation

• 97 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Simple goal from Aguero, I’ll stick with BT Sport that Supersport picture quality is awful

• 98 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Jib

Think nothing of it.
    I hope we can continue to be the best of enemies.
    You said the other day I was by some way the first to know ToonfromLeeds wasn’t all he seemed.
    But I know I was only the second.
    GG 🙂

Off to the housey.

• 99 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:06 PM

To be fair dime
    Savage has hardly opened his gob

• 100 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Jib that is a good thing 🙂

• 101 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:11 PM

I bet Johnson is ruing the fact he never signed for a second rate European club instead of the second rate club he did !

• 102 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:17 PM

I don’t really know mate. I think Blackpool were the last club to be deducted point, but this is different.

What would the charges against the club be?

Bringing the club into disrepute?
    Fielding an ineligible player?
    Bringing the game into disrepute?

The last one is the most likely. but what about endangering children? The club should also be offering a refund, or replacement shirt to everyone who bought a one with his name on it.

Will they? I doubt it. The FA should be getting ready to throw the book at them, but then the book is on the top shelf and none of them can reach it.

• 103 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Ahem BandB,
    I think me and Mactoon first realised that he was plugging his own website. Thank you very much!

• 104 Dime Bar // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Firebug all of the above

• 105 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:27 PM

What a clever player Sterling has become under Pellegrini away from that overhyped Rodgers

• 106 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Dime

Should be, but then again???

It shocking what the have done though, they have misled the FA, the Premier League and their fans, and for that they should be relegated.

• 107 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:30 PM

SAFC
    should be expected to behave like a responsible organisation – not close ranks like the BBC did over Jimmy Saville

• 108 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Jeff

Try reading my opinion for what it is, an explanation of why the club was ultra cautious. I didn’t condemn you for your rapidly changing opinions – but used them trying to point our how complex the case was. You chose what to read into it – says much more about you than me.
    As you only think in terms of point scoring it could only be you who would want to have a whinge about that.
    It is the way you think and act, usually with added sneering..
    “JIB 1 Blog 0″ …. so very much pot kettle

As for the case, I am sure that they would have dumped Johnson had they had legal advice to do so, prior to the first hearing, given what they may have known.
    The risk then had they done so is that they would look as if they were pre-empting the judicial process. Had they done anything that might have coloured the first hearing they would have been in big trouble – by providing any technicality or loophole his own lawyers could squeeze through. It happens. So the club was between a rock and hard place and damned if they did, damned if they didn’t.

Jeff, yes it is a serious issue, and the legacy for his partner and child particularly, means they will be forced to share his guilt and the shame he has brought on them. The victims include people he supposedly cared about.

Now if you were remotely consistent and didn’t rely on juvenile lynch mob stuff like ” Who wants to be fair to the scum ? Screw ’em ” your opinion might just be worth reading.

• 109 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Jib

As much as this pains me, I agree with you Jib, I wonder if words like, “let’s keep this to ourselves for now” were uttered at that meeting.

I also wonder how the other SAFC players are feeling after the truth came out. I know he (AJ) said that the two who were going to be witnesses for him have backed off.

• 110 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:37 PM

Hope the silence from the FA is because of the court case and not because it’s gonna be swept under the carpet, have my doubts whether
    the FA have the balls to do anything

• 111 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:44 PM

21st Century

If they knew he was guilty, and it is reported they did, the he should have been suspended pending the outcome from the court case, he should not have been allowed near any children, (a Joe Bloggs off the street would not have been, in fact it is more likely they would be remanded in custody).

He should not have been allowed to play, (yes on the understanding he was innocent) but he admitted some of his offences to the club.

They should not have been making money off their fans selling memorabilia with his picture and name on knowing he was guilty of being a paedophile.

For me the club (if they did know) have acted irresponsibly and should therefore be facing charges from the FA.

• 112 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:53 PM

I do hope Liam in his enthusiasm as rising nufc star doesn’t take to this blog to read his first dedicated articles and find he only gets the odd mention among a whole toilet roll of mud slinging, score-settling, and robust discussions on paedophilia.

😐

• 113 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:56 PM

It depends on how well he minimised it with his employers. Innocent until proven guilty is something we shouldn’t be too ready to chuck into the wind, even if the subject matter is repugnant. Having said that, as a matter of discretion both club and player should ( and maybe did for all we know) use discretion in their affairs regarding proximity to minors until the case proceedings were concluded.

• 114 martoon // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Speaking of AJ – I’ve noticed that when he enters the court in the morning his girlfriend is nowhere to be seen now. I’m wondering if she’s dumped him after hearing some of the evidence!

• 115 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Tsunki, I’m sure Liam would realise it’s a massive talking point about football at the minute you tit,there should be no room in football for anyone who messes with kids footballers are heroes to most kids these days and therefore should act impeccably!!

• 116 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:00 PM

tino

Bit stong mate, no need for name calling.

• 117 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:03 PM

White tino – ” you tit?” 🙂 what?

• 118 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Martoon – I didn’t expect to that solidarity to last myself. Can’t blame her can you?

• 119 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:05 PM

What is the actual definition of a peadophile as the age of consent is lower in many countries in Europe, I know them Cloggies are a strange bunch but I didn’t think they were all peados?

• 120 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Firebug it boils my piss when it seems people don’t see the seriousness of what Johnson has done mate,last few days all quotes from him have been how it’s affected him, what about his victim, the young girl who even though he knew her age met her more than once and carried on he is the lowest of the low mate

• 121 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:06 PM

Johnsons version that he told the club everything should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    He may have relayed what the allegations were -but does anyone really think he described the events that took place in detail to the club.
    He’ll have told them that he was arrested for xyz and that he was innocent of the allegations. No way telling them “I’m guilty”.
    As soon as he intimated a guilty plea – Sunderland acted – in my view correctly.
    They were not to know they squalid details!

• 122 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:06 PM

I noticed white tino used “you tit” then “should act impeccably” in the same sentence. Ha ha. Very good.

• 123 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Urine super heating aside, white tino, how did my post denote lack of appreciation for the gravity of the offence? Just curious.

• 124 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Tuff

He had admitted to the club that he has kissed her, and that he had been texting her, (grooming) that should have been enough for his suspension.

That is not speculation mate, that is evidence he has given in court.

• 125 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Johnson isn’t even the tip of an iceberg according to the Home Secretary. This really is scary stuff.

Firebug

Yes I agree a suspension pending investigations could have been argued not to be prejudicial if it had been done sensitively.
    As he was already being investigated, the child protection duties of care are not for the club to enforce – all that has to be done is for the social services to be made aware. If you are a teacher and fail to report any suspicion of abuse – that can be you out the door.

• 126 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:12 PM

I’d wait for the judge’s comments on this case.
    Johnson’s relationship with this girl was no secret.

• 127 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:21 PM

BandB

I don’t think it matters weather it was a secret or not, this fella asked her when her birthday was, (meaning when would she be 16) and when she told him he said “oh that’s ages away yet.”

So he knew exactly what he was doing with what happened after that point, he knew it was breaking the law, yet he he continued with the relationship.

The girl may have been complicit, but she was under age and he knew that, he should have stopped it.

• 128 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:22 PM

She can’t be complicit Firebug.
    She’s a juvenile.

• 129 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:22 PM

I think the white tino is Stinson Hunter.

• 130 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:23 PM

BandB

I mean she also knew what she was doing, and was in agreement.

• 131 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:26 PM

You can’t see a limb Firebug, without climbing out on it can you? 🙂

• 132 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Should Mclaren be sacked if we don’t beat Stoke?

• 133 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:28 PM

Jail

Just YES! Defiantly YES! He should have been gone in January. In fact he should never have been brought in, in the first place.

• 134 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Belfast,
    I thought he was someone invented just to have a go at jeff

• 135 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:31 PM

He should have been gone after his judgement day of ten games.

• 136 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Well my pee boiling is done for the evening, I shall return to keep a breast of developments, tino 🙂

• 137 Tsunki // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Firebug it’s an easy trap to fall into, sure the lass did something daft on her part, but her naivety should never be used as any excuse for a predators actions.

• 138 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:34 PM

I’d still like to have seen Remy Garde brought in ladt season when Carver took over instead, he couldn’t have done any worse than Carver and there wouldn’t have been the air of resignation like there is at Villa when he took over. If he had a really shite run we could have sacked him in the summer.

• 139 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Tsunki

I agree mate, She cannot be held accountable, he was the adult, but his intentions were clear the moment he asked her her birthday.

She may have been willing, but this is a footballer, more than that he is her idol, he took advantage of all of that to lure her.

I am not saying she was at fault, but she was playing her part too according to her own evidence.

• 140 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:39 PM

The adults who she went clubbing with that introduced the girl to him aren’t blameless either!

• 141 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:41 PM

It might be fair to say that everyone involved was a perhaps a little slow to realise that this was an inappropriate relationship.

• 142 the white tino // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Apparently she didn’t go to a club he met her outside the ground while she waited for autographs

• 143 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:43 PM

BandB.
    That would be very fair to say and very inappropriate it was, lots of lives will never be the same because of it.

• 144 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:43 PM

firebug -it may be so that he told the club that he had kissed her -however it depends on his intentions.
    I’m sure we’ve all seen celebrities or even family friends giving a child a peck on the cheek. All cases of kissing cannot be put into the category of sexual activity.
    Sexual activity is not really defined but has to pass the” reasonable person test”. For his guilty pleas now this is matterless as he has pleaded guilty.

Under the legislation the girl is a child -and cannot agree at all (legally) to sex. She cannot agree to break the law.

• 145 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Tuff

He text her telling her he wanted a kiss and more as payment for the shirt he signed for her, both he and she confirmed that in court, it’s that and other texts that led to the grooming charge.

So he was thinking about her, and was looking to worm his way into her (already known) affections. His club officials also knew this as he told that to the courts today in evidence.

That text was for a kiss and more!

• 146 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:49 PM

jail,

Do you think he’ll be sacked after Stoke away?
    It’s big ask y’know, Stoke.
    Not even in our league, strictly speaking. Big club.
    It will be interesting to hear what the FF heard. Backing their substantial investment in a vision that needs time to bear fruit, I imagine.
    Jam tomorrow.

• 147 firebug666 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Not ignoring anyone now but have to go pick my son up.

• 148 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Jail @ 143.
    Delicate matters, though I’m sure those lives devastated by this will see the priority involved in docking Sunderland some points.
    Crass nackers.

• 149 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM

BandB,
    I don’t think they will but they must, the only two who they might come up with to replace him or Moyes and Rodgers but will either of them want a job that has become more of a poisoned chalice than it ever was before.

• 150 welshgeordie9 // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Lose to stoke, we will get pardew back, everyone’s a winner.

Happy Days.

• 151 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM

Welsh

Eee…I remember the days when you were all for hounding Pardew out….before you spotted the greater wind-up value in changing your mind.

• 152 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 9:57 PM

welsh,
    Yes lets, he can bring his losing streak back here in a nice continuation of the two clowns that followed him.

• 153 Jail for Ashley // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM

BandB,
    You’re right, there’ll never be closure for the victims unless the mackems are docked ten points!

• 154 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Welsh,

Sorry (I’m all or apologies these days)
    I’ll re-phrase that.
    “……before you spotted the greater wind-up value in changing your TINY mind.”
    Don’t say I’m not fair.

• 155 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Jail

True.
    Justice demands it, when you think about it.

• 156 welshgeordie9 // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM

BandB

I think it’s a case of be careful what you wish for.

• 157 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM

firebug – whilst he is down the pan for a least 2 charges it will be interesting if the judge makes any comment about the club.
    All clubs sign up to PL Safeguarding Children and staff have courses etc. I suppose when kids are at the club/attending club events. As such players and staff may be in positions of trust. How far this extends, if it does, beyond the clubs knowledge is doubtful.
    People who break their position of trust always get any extra bit from judges.

• 158 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:03 PM

any = an

• 159 welshgeordie9 // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:04 PM

BandB

Will you stop with the compliments, you making me blush.

• 160 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:04 PM

aren’t the ‘victims’ Sunderland fans so would they want to see their club deducted points?

• 161 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Has Jib gone to bed Jane?

• 162 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:09 PM

if I am saying wrong things I will be Jib

• 163 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Make sure he says our little prayer.

God bless mummy.
    God bless daddy.
    God bless Mikey.
    God bless Sports Directy…

• 164 martoon // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:12 PM

I’m not a legal person but surely the crux of the case is that although the girl probably looked very mature, mentally she is still a child, easily influenced and that is why the law exists to protect her. I don’t think Johnson is a paedophile in that he likes little children but he knowingly manipulated a mature looking 15 year old for sexual gratification which is as equally abhorrent imo!

• 165 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:20 PM

there is quite a big difference between what he said happened and what she said happened so depends who is telling the truth.

• 166 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:23 PM

the results of Norwich and Sunderland’s next 2 matches will have quite a big bearing on the amount of pressure on McClaren to be sacked if Newcastle lose to Stoke.

• 167 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:33 PM

martoon – you are right the law is all about protecting children (even from themselves). Law was changed in 2003 -to encompass all these new methods of grooming/sexual activity/meetings etc.
    If the lass has been having a romance with a lad the same age it would never have seen the light of day.

It is just as well Johnson is being held accountable in a court of law -judged by 12 of his peers and not on here.
    It he was judged by the blog – despite his insideous sex crimes – all he would have to do would be to mention a couple of things such as a decent streaming link, or a new streaming box and he would be found not guilty.
    The lass would be sent to jail.

• 168 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Blimey I’ve been well and truly blanked there, have I not.

Is the Jib/Mr Tuff stuff some kind of test.

• 169 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:52 PM

at least all 5 of the other teams in the bottom 6 are away this weekend

West Ham V Sunderland
    Leicester V Norwich
    Stoke V Aston Villa
    Watford V Bournemouth
    Tottenham V Swansea

• 170 Mister Tuff // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:55 PM

EGB
    Jib is now deploying substitute Jane – often see this switch late on when he gets a bit tired.

• 171 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Just cos you’ve had a tickle at the bingo B and B is no excuse to start quaffing glasses of mothers ruin.
    You know when the geneva kicks in you turn horrid.
    Evening Jane my dear

• 172 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM

evening Jib less of the dear though it’s creepy!

• 173 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Great Boo’s Up!

• 174 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:04 PM

Yeah your right
    I read it back
    It does look a bit creepy

• 175 Jib // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:05 PM

you’re right

• 176 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Anyway.
    You make a lovely couple.
    Goodnight sweet pea.

• 177 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM

but if you are talking to yourself it doesn’t matter

• 178 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Full stops you two 🙂

• 179 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:09 PM

oops given it away 🙂

• 180 WWSBRD // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:18 PM

white tino
    Sorry for the late and no doubt disappointing reply

Tbh it’s not something I want to get into, the ins and outs of the case, it’s complex and has very little to do with football and nothing to do with NUFC so my level of instant interest is low

Am not following the media frenzy because I don’t believe law should be played out this way, I may well look into it after the verdict etc has come out (which to me is when transcripts and the ‘story’ should be in the media) but no guarantee I will if I am honest

Tbh i shouldn’t of gotten involved in the conversation in the first place but the flow turned to slating Sunderland for what I would consider, maybe incorrectly I don’t know, following the innocent until proven guilty route which I am very much for. Calling for the FA to do something…should they? I don’t know. Should they also be involved in every unlawful things footballers do? Tiote, for example, speeds a lot and often in school zones the law has delt with him but should the FA fine and deduct points for for it? It could be argued they should. The crime is different but both are unlawful, dangerous and set very bad examples

Really the FA governs football and the rules of the game, do they have the power to judge the law as well? And should they have that power?

Maybe u believe that and fair play if u do but personally I think it’s a very complicated subject and tbh not one I come on here to discuss so I shall be avoiding it if I can…even though I just spouted a long bleeding comment on it, I do dislike myself sometimes

• 181 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Late to the party but I think dime bars cover has been blown.

extract at the rendezvous point dime bar.

• 182 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Abort mission and send in new agent

• 183 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:24 PM

don’t be hard on yourself WWSBRD good post.

• 184 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:25 PM

Surely not Dime Bar too, Belfast?
    Not that super confident new poster who is everyone’s friend?
    Say it ain’t so.

• 185 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:28 PM

maybe Dime Bar could reinvent himself as Daim Bar.

• 186 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:31 PM

Yep

Must not talk about one self like old self talked about himself.

Must not talk about old subjects that old self talked about.

Must not sound anything like old self.

Graded F

Must do better much better.

• 187 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:33 PM

I think Jib had spotted him, Belfast.
    He has a nose for these things.

• 188 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:33 PM

Infiltrated again. 🙂

• 189 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM

Belfast what grade would you give me if I am Jib?

• 190 welshgeordie9 // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:36 PM

Hi Everyone, im new to the blog today so be nice.

• 191 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Still can’t believe he came back pleading innocence using his middle name Haha

Whitepages eh what a knacker

• 192 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Beware of anybody agreeing with you regularly lol

• 193 Belfast // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:39 PM

B Jane a B

• 194 BandB // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:40 PM

Well quite 🙂

• 195 welshgeordie9 // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:41 PM

Belfast

Totally agree there.

• 196 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:41 PM

hmm is that a play on BandB

• 197 jane // Feb 24, 2016 at 11:44 PM

“Beware of anybody agreeing with you regularly”

“Totally agree there”

• 198 Mister Tuff // Feb 25, 2016 at 12:08 AM

I remember a good night not so long ago -lot of quick/short posts. Jib and Jane appearing. Jib was asked a question and replied as Jane – obviously got mixed up due to the bevvy.
    Quality blogging – you cannot make this stuff up.

• 199 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 25, 2016 at 12:17 AM

looks like the lunatics have taken over the asylum, think I’ll go to bed before I start whibbling.

• 200 Back Door Man // Feb 25, 2016 at 12:18 AM

Let’s clear up a couple of things:

Unless there’s some obscure statute in the FA/Premier League rules they are unable to deduct points from the mackemscum however much we would wish it.

Second, she was a child and therefore legally unable to give any consent, so what followed was illegal. It doesn’t (and shouldn’t) matter how mature she looks or what she did.

• 201 Jail for Ashley // Feb 25, 2016 at 6:19 AM

This weekends going to be a tough one with no football for us.

• 202 firebug666 // Feb 25, 2016 at 6:45 AM

Jail

Look on the bright side mate, at least we can’t get beat!

• 203 Ron Knee // Feb 25, 2016 at 7:07 AM

firebug

Exactly. Another stress-free Saturday/Sunday!

• 204 firebug666 // Feb 25, 2016 at 7:08 AM

Ron

LMAO: I don’t know about stress free like, but we can’t get beat.

• 205 Ron Knee // Feb 25, 2016 at 7:09 AM

So is Dime Bar yet another poster from West Yorkshire?

PS Morning jesper!

• 206 Ron Knee // Feb 25, 2016 at 7:14 AM

firebug

It’s true what you say. I never used to be very interested in teams like Norwich, Swansea and Bournemouth – now I am!

previous post: Numb At The Incompetence Since Newcastle Finished 5th