The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Forward – We Have Options For The Stoke Game

4:44 pm, Friday, February 26th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Ayoze Perez could be leading the line at Stoke next Wednesday night which is a critical game for Newcastle after we have taken ap[art in our previous two away games at Everton and at Chelsea – and we conceded 8 goals in the process.

As usual the Spanish U21 International is upbeat and he will attempt to improve Newcastle’s woeful away record which is two wins and a draw in 13 road games this season – and 10 defeats which is simply appalling.

ayoze perez steve mcclaren

Ayoze Perez – with McClaren after signing his new long term contract

Ayoze has been talking on the Newcastle web-site and he had this to say:

“I’m ready for it, if I have to play as a striker I will do it without problems.“ “We have got some players back and it is nice to see them again – we have got many options to choose from, so the manager will decide.

“We drew at home and Jack Butland made some really good saves for them but we need to try to win this time.“ “They’re a really good side.

“They have quality with Bojan, Arnautovic and others – a good squad, they are doing well and we have to be aware of that, but at the same time, always think about our job.

“In some games, we have had some problems in terms of finishing but I think we are getting more confident and we will get more goals. It will come against Stoke, I’m sure.“ “We have to concentrate and stay focused on ourselves, do our job and, most importantly, bring home some points because we need them.

“We want to play as soon as possible. We want to win. We have got 12 more games, so we have got a hard calendar, but we will be together and try to get a win.

“The trip to La Manga was a good thing for us. We were together over there and I think it was a good idea. Now we are even more together to go ahead for these 12 games.”

Ayoze has been out of the starting line up for a couple of games so it would be good to see the 22 year-old get on the goals track.

Newcastle have failed to score in eight of our road games this season and have only 7 goals in those 13 games and we have conceded a massive 31 goals.

Did we say it was a terrible away record?

Ayoze signed a new five and a half year deal for Newcastle s last month and that will keep him on Tyneside through 2021.

We hope to see the lad pick up his form and start scoring some goals for us – hopefully at the Britannia Stadium next Wednesday night.

We need them.

Tags: Ayoze Perez · Contracts · Newcastle News · Prayer · Premier League · Press

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM

I will believe you after the Stoke game. Or not.

• 2 lesh // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM

I wonder if Ayoz and his team-mates’ve brought owt back from Spain for the fans?

Three points’d against Stole do very nicely thank you.

• 3 Lindisfarne // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Options: Win, Lose or Draw

• 4 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Where you said academics, my brain translated it as Alchemists. You’ve no idea what a weird picture that conjured in my mind at what was going on at the training ground. 🙂

• 5 Tsunki // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Do they still do those little straw donkeys with the barrels on the sides. Or drums or whatever they were. The donkeys with the hats on.

• 6 DENIro // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:53 PM
    Does he look like someone who knows what’s he doing ?.?..

• 7 Tsunki // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:55 PM

I wonder if they bonded on the plane on the return journey by putting knotted hankies on their heads and singing ‘Una Paloma Blanca’ and ‘Torremolinos’? Nowt like a good sing song to get you in the mood for thrashing Stoke I say.

• 8 Tsunki // Feb 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Deniro – “Steve! Steve!! it’s ball in one hand, toilet paper in the other…”

• 9 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 26, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Tsunki it’s getting worse, the mental picture of Steve wiping his ar$e with the ball, is just too much.

Not sure my sanity can take much more.

• 10 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 26, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Lindisfarne, yes one of those 3 options.

• 11 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 26, 2016 at 5:11 PM

If I have to play as a striker … ! That doesn’t sound like someone who’s going to bag the goals. We know he’s not. Does Mackerel? I doubt it.

• 12 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 26, 2016 at 5:18 PM

We do have striker options that are probably more suited to the role.

Cisse is the more obvious choice even if all he does is stand in the opposition penalty box for most of the game.

previous post: If Newcastle Stay Up This Should Proceed – Quickly