The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Linked With Impressive Young English Center-Back

12:54 pm, Monday, February 29th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 114 Comments

Newcastle United are being linked with young Huddersfield Town prospect Jordan Williams in the Huddersfield Examiner? today.

The England U17 International plays at center-back which is not a position Newcastle have been storing in over the last three years or so, but it does seem like the club are interested in getting more English players into the squad – which is a good move.

Jordan Williams – 16 years-old – impressive youngster

Williams is still only 16 so he is one for the future and he’s doesn’t turn 17 until this October – he’s been at his home town club Huddersfield since 2009 when he was just 9 years old.

Jordan was born in Meltham which is some five miles outside of Huddersfield.

The youngster has been a regular in the England U17 side this season and he so far has 7 caps at that level and even at 16 he has been in the Huddersfield Town U21 squad this season.

Jordan is also likely to play for England in the upcoming Euro Under 17 Championship elite qualifying round games against Ukraine, Turkey and Finland in March.

As well as bringing in more players over the summer for the first team squad, Newcastle’s U18 squad has been very poor this season and the club is anxious to replenish the playing ranks at all levels of the club.

Newcastle really need a complete overhaul at all levels of the club this summer whether we remain a Premier League club or not – we seem to have become stagnant over the last couple of years.

And there’s nothing wrong with signing impressive English youngsters like Jordan Williams, because bringing them is so young could save us millions in the transfer market down the road.

What do you think?

Tags: Newcastle News · Newcastle U18 · Newcastle Youth · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

114 responses so far ↓

• 1 hibbitt // Feb 29, 2016 at 12:58 PM

this lad turned Man City down ……….why would he come here ……. going to be a very good player one day got quality written all over him

• 2 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:02 PM

I’ve seen Williams play for Town’s under 18s many times. He reminds me of a young Des Walker. Only 16, a year younger than their first year scholars, he’s lightning quick. Can’t see him wanting to leave Huddersfield when he’s had chances to go to Man City and knocked them back.

• 3 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:02 PM

Have you seen him?

• 4 Graeme // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Why on earth would he come to NUFC to be “Developed”??
    There is far more chance we would ruin him.

• 5 MAUTITOON // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:15 PM

anybody else having problem accessing this blog today?

• 6 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:20 PM

He’s getting a good schooling at PPG Canalside under Tony Carss, whose under 18s are having another good season after winning their league last season. Frankie Bunn’s under 21s have recently won 15 on the trot, a remarkable run. A massive contrast to the abysmal records of NUFC youth under Beardsley and Watson.

• 7 Ron Knee // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Bob Moncur: “There is no instant cure.”

We can all think of at least one, Bob!

• 8 Whumpie // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:32 PM

No substance to this story as far as I can make out. Sources? Quotes?
    Nowt in it.

• 9 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:37 PM

It comes from the Sun
    Oh dear

• 10 Lindisfarne // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:49 PM

What is Beardleys’ win percentage in the Academy? Can he blame the clubs transfer policy? The educational level of the youngsters coming in?

Whilst winning is not the be all and end all, it must also be an indication of how well the players are coached, the training techniques and all round ability of the club to raise homegrown talent.

• 11 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Ron Knee

Highlighting one sentence from an article is a cheap shot .

Moncur speaks a lot of sense here.

The genuine support needs to pull together.

I see the Mackems were chanting in support of Adam Johnson at West Ham , what a shower !

• 12 Ron Knee // Feb 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM

So are you saying I misquoted him, jeff?

• 13 BandB // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Thanks for the reply regarding McClaren’s future.

Do you believe the club should rule out replacing him before the end of the season.
    I’m asking for you opinion. Not what you think the club will do, but what you want it to do.

Yes or no?

• 14 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM

If I was accusing you of misquoting.
    I would have said something like “hey Ron Knee you are misquoting Moncur”
    Perhaps selctive editing by wholesale omission would have been clearer than “cheap shot”.

• 15 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:12 PM

B and B we have to stick with him.

The time for binning him was when Sunlun binned Dutch Dick .

Unlike Advocaat , at that time we seemed to have bought well and were improving .

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• 16 BandB // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:15 PM

And if he leads us to relegation, do you believe he should be allowed to serve out his contract and have the opportunity to bring us success?

Your opinion. Yes or no? No harm in opinions.

• 17 stan anderson // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM

How many times have we been told it takes time.
    How many more years do need to wait for improvement in our performances and league position.What become of the 5 year plan .Can someone explain this to me
    .I dont think i expect to much,all i want is hope for the future of the club i have loved since i was a boy in the 1950s.

• 18 Lindisfarne // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:18 PM

I personally doubt Aarons Agent wants to seriously agree a contract extension.

• 19 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:18 PM

• 20 Lindisfarne // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:23 PM

I would like to apologise for my comment last night. If I had realised the air was rife with personal insults I would have thought twice. I do not wish to seriously denigrate anyone on this blog and hope that in the main what I say is taken in good humour.

• 21 BandB // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:24 PM

Well isn’t that interesting?

You would write off relegation as long as we stick by a man you rate.

I wonder what bettyswallocks makes of this.

He argues that no genuine supporter would ever consider relegation as a price worth paying in any circumstances (obviously, his targets are those who would like to see the back of Ashley.)

I would be interested to hear you both explain how relegation is okay when backing club policies, but treachery when not.

• 22 BandB // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM

I took it as an observation, and not an insult.

• 23 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:34 PM

B and B
    Another 2+2 = 5 comment.

If you are not a politician you have missed your vocation.

I have stated until blue in the face we will not get relegated .

You asked a hypothetical question which I answered in the same vein.

You extrapolate it to :-
    “You would write off relegation as long as we stick by a man you rate.”

• 24 hibbitt // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Blackley and Brownlie…………….sorry for late reply
    seen him play twice both times against forest under 18s
    (mates son plays for forest) looks a very good player wont sign for us man u are watching him very closely i’ve been told !!

• 25 BandB // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:40 PM

You have Jib.
    But I clearly asked you to think beyond that to what your attitude would be should you be proved wrong.
    You have answered that we should stick by him EVEN if he leads us to relegation. Without equivocation.
    I could take fewer of your lectures on what genuine fans should want in future.

• 26 Essex Geordie Bill // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:42 PM

I don’t want us to be relegated, we’ve done that already.
    I’m not bothered even if MA stayed if we were successful.
    Trouble is he seems to clueless about the staff he employs for a football club.
    He probably should have kept Chris Mort on the books.

• 27 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:43 PM

afternoon all
    regarding aarons….
    when we played the friendly last week in spain, there seemed to be a big difference in attitude between gini and aarons when they scored,aarons did’nt really look interested and seem to blank the players around him…maybe theres something going on behind the scenes and he’s not happy about it…..he has’nt done enough for a big contract offer so hope he’s not pushing for that…has a lot to prove…1)fitness…a good run of games….spent to much time not on the pitch.
    2)quality…is he going to be good enough once he gets them run of games….he’s shown in flashes he has something..but the same can be said about goofy,obertan to name a couple….but if he and the club dont agree a contract non of this will matter in a few month.

• 28 Lindisfarne // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM

I am hopeful of four wins an two draws, 14 points will get us to a total of 38 by the end of the season. Which should see us survive as long as Norwich and Sunderland do not do better.

• 29 BandB // Feb 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM

I would shove anyone out of the door if it meant we stayed up.
    Relegation is not something I would be philosophical about in any circumstances.

• 30 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 3:01 PM

2 sides for stoke
    sissoko———————de jong——————–townsend

one of two from dejong and sissoko,gini has been poor starting away games so bring him on later when players tire…..just a couple of sides and formation to try.

• 31 BandB // Feb 29, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Well, hasn’t it gone quiet in here?
    No insults. No sneering. No disrespect shown. No bullying.
    Just goes to show.

Anyone would think the favourite got beat 🙂

• 32 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 3:16 PM

b and b
    sure it will be all handbags again later!lol

• 33 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM

If Cisse is fit I would start him – proven goalscorer.
    I would also start Wini – clutching at straws law of averages he is going to score away.
    My team
    Subs Mitro, Perez, Tiote, Taylor, Woodman, De Jong and Mbabu

• 34 JamesToon // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:02 PM

My team for stoke:

• 35 hibbitt // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:03 PM

Charlie in the Gallowgate
    arons not even on the bench ??

• 36 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:08 PM

tough call – maybe instead of Di Jong – trying to cover all bases – forward defence and midfield

• 37 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:11 PM

My team for stoke:
    ——–Sissoko- Wini-Towns

• 38 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:15 PM

Do you kna what looking at the players people are picking.

We have some damn good players

Pity we do not have/play as a TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 39 jane // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Marcus Rashford, Wes Brown, Danny Welbeck, Ravel Morrison, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Tyler Blackett have all represented Fletcher Moss Rangers. for a junior team to produce so many current players they must be doing something right.

• 40 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:30 PM

• 41 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:35 PM

i reluctantly left gini out as he just does’nt seem to perform away from home….that is the only reason….thought it give him a boot up the arse if he didnt start for once

• 42 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:37 PM

would of liked to start mbabu either left back or cb but think he’s still injured.

• 43 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:43 PM

about cisse
    im not a fan of his palying that lone striker role…..he has very poor control and lacks strength to keep hold of the ball…if he was with someone up front i’d say give it ago, but by himself….not for me like…he could prove me wrong like… hope he doe’s, if he starts!lol

• 44 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:44 PM

• 45 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM

“Moncur speaks a lot of sense here.

The genuine support needs to pull together.”

How did you put those two sentences together Jib? I’m just curious about that last one there. What does that mean and where does that come from? I don’t believe Moncur even implied it.

• 46 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:10 PM

The quotation marks are yours.
    I never quoted Moncur , I just posted a link , ergo that comment is mine.

• 47 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:13 PM

or more correctly both comments are mine.

• 48 toon kk // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:17 PM

I agree with you mate on Cisse, he’s just a poacher, on his own up front he’s pretty much useless and totally doesn’t understand the off side rule. But with help he will nick a goal (hopefully).

• 49 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Pardew’s demeanour belie his words.
    I hope he hasn’t thrown the towel in.
    We need Palace to turn up at Wearyside tomorrow evening

• 50 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Springy/toon kk
    Maybe try Townsend up front or slightly behind Cisse
    and have Cisse playing on the shoulder of the last defender bit like what Vardy and Defoe do.

I know he is training – But is Mitro fit
    Winji – hopefully he has had a kick up the butt.

PS did anyone see Leicester defending a corner on Saturday by leaving FOUR players in or around the half way line.

Imagine McClaren doing that!!!!

• 51 Back Door Man // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Even if we do manage to string together enough wins to garner the required number of points for survival, then we’ll witness the appalling sight of Wally claiming the glory. He’ll also be retained and will continue to orchestrate the production of more thin gruel for us to digest.

• 52 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:35 PM

McClaren is taking enough shyte at the moment ,that WHEN we do survive ,the glory will rightly be his to claim.

• 53 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:36 PM

charlie /toon kk
    physioroom have him available for wednesday,if thats any use to you,but thats all i have to go off tbh….will be interesting to see if macca has learned anything from the spanish trip… and has the back bone to try something new….i doubt he will…probs be the same side,same tactics,same result….but i can hope i suppose……as for the the leicester corner thing not a chance!!…he probs closes his eyes everytime the ball is in our own half tbh….never mind showing some bravery like that.

• 54 Back Door Man // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Charlie … I can’t imagine Wally being so bold to order a couple of guys to remain up field at corners/free kicks. Doesn’t he realise that by doing this he’ll automatically prevent ALL of the opposition swamping the box and give an attacking outlet to be launched by the keeper. Footy is a simple game complicated by management dicks.

• 55 croftus5678 // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:46 PM

i know fluke all about this lad !

however he’s highly rated england u17 player and tbh the pro’s should know a hell of a lot better than me and if he excites them then i’ll be over the moon we are looking at some of the best young cb prospects around !

tbh there was only remie streete who i thought would make it from our youth’s and that turned out to be a no go because of his injuries.

we need tall tough no nonsense cb’s imo ! they dont have to be great they only have to be able to get to the ball first / have the determination to get the ball and to get it the fluke away from our half and i dont care how skillful they are or how good at passing or heading they are as long as they keep the ball away from our goal.

• 56 Back Door Man // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Jib – yep, I’m sure we’ll all cheer if your prediction comes good; we’ll cheer when Wally is hoiked aloft on the shoulders of the victorious team. But, but, but, it sure will leave a very sour taste in my and thousands of other globs at the prospect of more of the same next season.

• 57 bettyswallocks // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:50 PM

BandB…………Replacing Mc Claren at this stage of the proceedings is not going to happen.. Even if he was to be replaced there would be no guarantee of avoiding relegation with the new man in place. If we are relegated heaven forbid then a total re evaluation would be required.

The club are not expecting or planning for relegation , neither am I as it is just too unbearable to contemplate. Keep the faith and stop being so pessimistic. Lol.

• 58 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Jib yes the quotation marks are mine to show I’m quoting you. I just wondered what context those sentences were supposed to be stated in. You say Moncur names a lot of sense then next breath you say the genuine support needs to pull together. What’s the ‘genuine’ support, genuine as opposed to what? And if by genuine you mean ‘proper’ support, or ‘real’ fan – I was given to understand that they always pull together.

• 59 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Betty – the club are not expecting or planning for a contingency? What kind of corporate body doesn’t plan for mitigation of possible worst case scenario?

• 60 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Jib, sorry if I’m singling you out for comments atm, but how will McLaren claim any glory for scraping out of the relegation playoffs?

• 61 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I would have thought that after Lee suddenly finding his dinghy adrift and the loose end of the landing rope disappearing on the horizon when Pardew left, and then having to swiftly point at Carver as the remedy for the season run-in, he would have spent much of this term solidifying some sort of plan for failure. Apart from wearing two belts and slip on shoes.

• 62 croftus5678 // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:58 PM

it’s gonna click with macca now i can sense it !!!!

he’s gonna wake up and think wtf am i doing playing 1 striker and 2 dm’s ???

he will play mitro and doum/cisse up front and saivet as the only dm and we will win every game from now on for 4 years 😉

• 63 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:00 PM

“genuine as opposed to what?”

hey I didn’t have to google it.
    false is opposite to genuine.

I thought you had resolved not to pick fights

• 64 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:03 PM

for anyone at the club to try and claim glory from this season, would just shows how low the standards have dropped .

• 65 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:05 PM

You’ll do for me – Croftus !!!!

• 66 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:07 PM

does anyone think macca will not be sacked no matter what happens this season?….,i ask coz a few people i’ve spoke to believe this might happen, whether its safety or relegation.

• 67 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Jib, I’m not picking a fight, I just don’t understand who the ‘ genuine’ supporters are, and why they have not been pulling together up to now. Just some qualification on that really.

• 68 bettyswallocks // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Tsunki………. Most normal corporate bodies would obviously have a contingency plan. Unfortunately Ashley and his cronies are gamblers and have placed a big bet on us staying up. In Ashley’s mind he has spent enough of the clubs money to keep us in the PL and more, so the subordinates are hardly likely to admit their inadequacies at this stage .

I can imagine Charnley reassuring Mikey after having been reassured by Stevie.

• 69 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:12 PM

If we get relegated I think SM will be replaced in the break.

• 70 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Huddersfield 2 v 2 Forest this season was a cracker. The Terriers were unlucky not to win it 2 -1. The Irish lad up front is a handful. The centre backs are very physical and brutish, especially the Scandinavian, Nielson. Who is your mate’s lad?

• 71 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:13 PM

didn’t carver credit himself for last seasons success?

• 72 croftus5678 // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:15 PM

imo my thinking is if ashley gives a manager a chance and esp if he backs them with money then we will see them stay for some time unless it literally can not be stood for anymore a-la pards as he’s been with us some time and it was clear we was not progressing.

most managers no matter what the club say it takes 2 seasons to make it their team and i’m not defending macca but the team he’s had to filter out and re-arange def was not his players (he still should have done better with what he has though imo)

if i like it or not will make no difference to macca being given a lot more time imo.

• 73 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Is it really “glory” to finish the season nine places lower than the target at the beginning of the season ?

What a strange choice of words.

We’re all hoping for survival but it may well be a pyrrhic victory for Tufty

• 74 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:21 PM

he might of….but he should’nt of really…as it was pathetic.

• 75 Novocastrian66 // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:25 PM

I cannot see McClaren taking or attempting to take any credit should we avoid relegation. He may be useless but he isn’t stupid.
    On the matches this week, knowing Newcastle we will probably beat Stoke and lose to Bournemouth.
    I would happily take 4 points from our next two matches but we have to beat Bournemouth.

• 76 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:27 PM

McClaren has quite strong mitigating arguments for lack of success and the club struggling.

A second half of last season with pretty much no meaningful coaching , followed by the most ill conceived pre-season , neither of which were anything to do with the current coaching team.

• 77 SPRINGY // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:28 PM

its a scary thought though….if we go down there are a lot of our so called “better players” will leave,leaving us with a worse caliber of player at the club or coming in then we have now…. and a manager/coach who struggled with the better players this season and struggled before he joined us as a manager in the lower league…..hopefully it does’nt come to that.

• 78 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:31 PM

“What a strange choice of words.”
    Your’e not wrong there!
    That Back Door Man is a strange fellow!

• 79 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:34 PM

• 80 hibbitt // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Blackley and Brownlie
    Ben Brereton no nonsense center forward scored 18 in 16 games was at stoke and was going nowhere till forest came in for him……. arsenal are keeping an eye on him……….. its his grandad that’s my mate

• 81 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Pat Jennings is 70 and still has the same hairstyle he had in 1974 !!!!

• 82 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:40 PM

SM might have reasonably strong mitigating arguments for the first half of the season but I doubt they carry far beyond the transfer window where by all accounts he got most of what he asked for. I’d say the second half arguments pretty much cancel out the first half.

• 83 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Any answer on 67, Jib?

• 84 Average_Contents // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I’d argue that shteves follicly challenged frontage is grounds in itself to get the boot.

FFS man, just shave it off!

That is all.

• 85 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:43 PM

We are 4 weeks into the second half of the season of which nearly 3 weeks has been lost.
    Patience child 😀

• 86 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Should have said post winter window

• 87 Jail for Ashley // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:46 PM

At the start of the season I said Mclaren would not be sacked if he didn’t reach his targets, you said ‘and rightly so”. I asked you why he shouldn’t face consequences for not reaching his set targets and you refused to answer me. I noticed you had a go at the mackems for supporting Adams Johnson. You have in the past stated that because Collo is our club captain and you will support him no matter what, I take it this would change if he was caught having under age sex with a fifteen year old girl. What other circumstances would it take for you to criticise our cowardly curly haired captain.

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:50 PM

You claimed that we lost the first half to Chelsea 3-0 and the second half only 2-1, you do realise it doesn’t work like that don’t you, had we not have drawn the first half against City 1-1 they might not have come out and won the second half 5-0.

• 89 AncientC // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I am pretty sure the team has only won one game this season playing 4-2-3-1.

I doubt Perez & Mitrovic have even played 10 games together as a strike partnership. It would be 4-4-2 for me, keeping faith in Perez and Mitro.

• 90 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Jib patience is in short supply atm. Track record is not illustrating an optomistic path ahead, is it? You never know, it could all click together at any time, but the trend would suggest to any business that the time has already passed where cutting losses would have been a plan.

• 91 sparky55 // Feb 29, 2016 at 6:56 PM

I’ve seen this lad play for huddersfield over the last 5 years because he Plays in the same age group as my great nephew who plays for leeds and they play huddersfield at least 4 times a year because they use each other to fill in gaps in their season.

He’s not that great…he certainly doesn’t stand out anything like ED suggests…nowt to get excited about that’s for sure.

• 92 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:00 PM

So why has the genuine support not been pulling together Jib? Has the false support been pulling together? I’m just curious as to why you made that statement, what were you inferring about the Support base?

• 93 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:02 PM

I refused to answer you cos you didn’t call me jib.

Lot of questions there.

I meant I’d support Colo no matter what only in a football context.
    Supporting a manager means not whining and sniping at him after a bad set of results.
    At Chelsea the team showed a bit of backbone in the second half which was surprising after the 1st half capitulation.
    Tell me how many times Aguero has scored 5 goals in a game ?

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:11 PM

It had nothing to do with Agueros five, they ripped us apart, if he hadn’t of scored them we still would have conceded a hatful. Don’t you think that Chelsea maybe took their foot off the gas, had we played the way we did and managed to get through the first half at only 0-1 do you think we would have still lost the second half only 2-1. The question on Collo was purely football, what would it take for you to criticise him?

• 95 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Jib I’m not calling you jeff but you seem to be avoiding my genuine questions.

Btw, the ‘patience’ thing, a bit of perspective is that with 26 PL games behind us, and 12 to go, of which recent history would suggest half we may well lose, leaving 6 games we may feasibly draw three and win three. That’s just a no-nonsense face value appraisal. Not encouraging really, I’m curious as to who is feeding your optimism.

• 96 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM

I’d noticed Brereton is making a name for himself with his goals. Impressive tally.

• 97 Jail for Ashley // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:14 PM

What is a bad set of results, six wins in 26 and over three five plus hammerings.

• 98 cyprus // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Newcastle linked with 12 year old prodigy!

Ed, this is all interesting, but we need these people we have NOW to step up. Shelvey: we bought you to save us, so play football home AND away. Gini, same goes for you man. You (too) are crxp away. Siss, attack, attack. We are deperately looking for a goal scorer. SOMEONE, step up. And it would be nice if we’d stop conceding. Come on the lot of you, play, now!

Now, about that 12 year old…

• 99 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM

I’m watching Ajax v AZ Alkmaar on TV
    I don’t know if it’s live or what
    But the camera just zoomed into Siem de Jong in the crowd

• 100 21st Century Schizoid Man // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM

If you want to pick up on other posters on their grammar, do check out your own use of commas and spaces. Even if you use the Oxford comma you need to watch where you put the space.

• 101 cyprus // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Re the City game, where we got trounced, we dominated the first half, should’ve been up by TWO. A perfectly good goal disallowed. Yes, we may have gone on to concede five or ten, but we may not have. They would’ve gotten desperate, we could’ve won it… No one will ever know.

• 102 Bobbybee // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:21 PM

The macca situation is difficult. He did inherit the worst squad in the PL and it was never going to be sorted in one season. He clearly has improved performances, but results are what matters. The replacements on offer – Rodgers and Moyes – I’m not sure are a forward step and not worth the gamble. Sometimes sacking the manager and riding the honeymoon period works – it has for the SMB’s the last few seasons – but it’s not a guaranteed option. It might be worth a gamble, but maybe it’s too late for that? I wouldn’t be totally against that strategy, if the right man was available. That said, I don’t see Macca getting the sack because it isn’t how Ashley appears to operate. I think we’ll give him until next January – the three windows he asked for – but if we’re not comfortably in the top half he’ll be replaced.

• 103 Tsunki // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Are you certain it was SDJ. If it’s the guy that looks like SDJ, with an oxygen bottle next to him, and sporting a bong eye, then… that’s our guy.

• 104 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Williams is very quick, a Des Walker type. He’s not your dominant CB who’s good in the air and therefore might be more suited to right back. But he’s been playing against lads two years older than himself at such a young age and gives a good account of himself IMO. I think people overlook his age.

Who’s your relative?

Leeds striker Mallik Wilks looks a canny turn.

• 105 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:34 PM

You have to be an American
    I was mocking my own grammar
    Talking of Yanks not doing irony
    I went to see a film in Spain many moons ago with an American I worked with and he said
    as a trailer came up
    ” honest guys there definitely was no prophet called Brian”
    well – us Brits just looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

• 106 toon22 // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:41 PM

If Cisse is fit we have to play him,he is the only striker we have who can get goals.
    Myself away at Stoke i would play Cisse on his own with a 5 man midfield,since we have lots of midfielders who seem to be in form.

Townsend, Wini ,Tiote,Shelvey, Arrons with Cisse up front.Yes he wont hold the ball up but since Mitro doing that hasnt worked either we need to do domething different.Maybe have Perez insted of Arrons but no Sissoko is a must he has been utter garbage for ages.

• 107 Jib // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Big Lewis Dunk is playing

• 108 dok - the horrid colonial // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:46 PM

and theres jib, slagging off us americans again… true colors and all that… now go on about us yank supporters who aren’t true fans either please…

• 109 Ian Toon // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:46 PM

The problems we’ve encountered this season have not all been of Macca’s making. As with Pardew he wasn’t given the defensive players he wanted and a number of our players certainly can’t be absolved of blame either. A good number have failed now under three different managers over more than three seasons. Again, looking back we simply didn’t try to build, on our fifth placed season of success. Pardew had no say in getting the CB, fullback and ST we, the fans had craved for. Arguably Macca had no say either last summer and only in January have offensive players been bought. Word of us being unable to secure defenders bid for is surely down to failure, if that is not too strong a word, on the part of Charnley and Carr. You build from the back in my team building thinking.
    However, I am not absolving Pardew of blame as he did seem at times guilty of only being able to set up his teams one way. We saw evidence of this early doors in Palace’s first half showing at WBA. This proved to be his and our downfall on countless occasions; as the statistics of his time as our manager showed. Dogged perseverance and denial of the truth.
    Well with our recently added pace Macca has options and I anticipate a more positive approach. It’s an old adage but attack is the best form of defence. Let’s take the initiative against Stoke and with a two pronged attack go for a pre- emptive strike.
    Hopefully Macca also knows it makes sense.

• 110 Ian Toon // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:53 PM

dok- There could be a lot of slagging off by Americans if you end up with Hilary and Donald going head to head!

• 111 Blackley and Brownlie // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:54 PM

I reckon Jib was one of those kids at school who loved nothing better than licking his knuckle and sticking it in his class mates’ lugs.

• 112 Back Door Man // Feb 29, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Dearest Jib, what do you mean by:

“That Back Door Man is a strange fellow!” @ 78?

I’d be eternally grateful for a fulsome explanation. Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.

Best wishes

• 113 sparky55 // Feb 29, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Black and Brownlie

Lewis Knight…plays right wing / striker

That lad Mallik has got boat loads of talent…strong, skilful and a real handful…but is one very angry fcuking fruit cake..even worse than Nile Ranger…he’ll not last at Leeds nor anywhere else for that matter…he’s a lager away from really hurting someone and Paul Hart has had to drop him from the team three times this season as punishment for his behaviour already.

Real shame because he really is a talent.

• 114 Moonraker15 // Feb 29, 2016 at 8:47 PM

When I analyse the games and points available this season, I agree we should be able to achieve the total! The only problem is, the other teams, bar Villa have the same task and opportunity so it comes down to the 6 pointers against the rivals. That’s where the doubt comes in; and its in our hands so it will be an interesting end to the season. This is where McClown’s tactics and motivation comes in because based on players ability we should not be down there!

previous post: Newcastle Interested In International Left-Back