The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Poll – This Is The Result Geordie Fans Expect Today

7:33 am, Sunday, March 20th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

With over 7,000 fans having voted, more than three in four fans expect a win this afternoon against Sunderland in what will be Rafa Benitez home debut as the Newcastle manager.

rafa benitez at leicester

Rafa Benitez – on the touchline at Leicester

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Sunderland?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

We hope our fans are right today – we desperately need to win this game.

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Coaching · Derby · Newcastle News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:41 AM

we need a win tonight nothing else

• 2 Lindisfarne // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:41 AM

What’s it gonna be?

Alright.

Rafalution Baby!

• 3 Black and white armpit // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:44 AM

Couple of tickets wanted for today If anybody can help?

• 4 Lindisfarne // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:45 AM

• 5 Offkey // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:48 AM

Couldn’t sleep either

• 6 catchy in norway // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:51 AM

What a day, been awake for ages now, but it’s kind of strange, I have this calm feeling that everything is going to be ok, that today is going to be the start of something special. a bit like when SBR took over.

We now have a manager that pretty much everyone should be happy with, I Cannot think of any reasons for any fans not to get behind the whole club now, money being spent, English players, top manager with winning history and mentality.

the future is bright

• 7 Sir Braveheart // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:52 AM

1-0 today.

Unfortunately I don’t feel confident who to.

We need to win….so so badly…

• 8 firebug666 // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:56 AM

catchy

Well said marra, I agree 100%.

Get behind the team and give it full volume for 90 minutes and the players will respond. Make SJP as welcoming for the new manager and players as it should be hostile for the Makems.

• 9 firebug666 // Mar 20, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Sir Braveheart

Live up to your name my good man 😀 it will be a Toon win Sir, as nothing else is acceptable.

• 10 G // Mar 20, 2016 at 8:05 AM

Relax, we have this one guys, I can feel it.

• 11 Laurent Robert 32 // Mar 20, 2016 at 8:07 AM

Firebug, shame you can’t go but it’s the win and three points that matters!

• 12 firebug666 // Mar 20, 2016 at 8:10 AM

Laurent

Oh yes give me the three points anytime mate.

• 13 The overrated Frenchman // Mar 20, 2016 at 8:18 AM

The mackems will be coming for a point surely. That’s a good result for them in the scheme of things. On exposed form, we can’t keep a clean sheet and we can’t score, so that sets it up nicely for them to play for 0-0 with the chance of jagging a goal to steal the points. I hope Benitez has the courage to go after it and make them work like sand-dancers to get anything out if it.

• 14 Newintoon // Mar 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM

I think we can safely assume that we are done for if we lose against the Mackems today. Not only would we be 4 points behind them, vying for their position in the league, but way too far gone behind Norwich and Swansea with no confidence. I don’t think it will even make a difference if we outplay them, or are unlucky, or have bad ref decisions…a lose would be the end of the season I’m pretty sure. Then Benetiz will be looking for another new job. Sounds so clear cut.

I’m hoping we play a two pronged attack, one lone striker (especially Mitro) just wouldn’t be the threat that we need to hit them hard. I hope we play Perez and Mitro, or Cisse and Perez. Think that SDJ could offer something more creative than our boy Vurnon. It’s about time that these new expensive signings started showing what they are made of and justifying the huge transfer fees too. We could demolish teams with some of the talent!

A good game plan, cool heads and someone please just be on the end of a cross and this could finally be the turning point that Stevie McCarcrash never had!

Im cautious and pessimistic but I want to be an optimist. I will be checking the live feed from my bed in Melbourne!

Come on boys!