The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Rafa Benitez To Be Given Huge Powers At Newcastle

3:44 pm, Sunday, March 27th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 130 Comments

The Chronicle is reporting today that there were big moves going on at Newcastle’s Benton training grounds just weeks before Rafa Benitez was appointed, and that appointment shocked Newcastle fans, that we were able to get such a top coach to the club when we were in such dire straights.

In the disastrous Mike Ashley era, the Newcastle manager has never had much control and Alan Pardew moved heaven and earth to get a top five finish back in 2012.

But then we were fighting relegation six months later when Ashley failed to increase the size of the squad and we signed only one senior player – Vurnon Anita – that summer.

rafa benitez arrives at st james pk

Rafa Benitez – will be given huge powers at Newcastle

The news today is that new manager Rafa Benitez will have an expanded role at the club and because of his immense experience and success in the game, Rafa will even take on some duties previously done by Managing Director Lee Charnley.

It seems that Rafa will have a say with the contracts, and if  a player has a contract issue he must first discuss it with Rafa – and only then if it is not resolved will it go higher – to Charnley.

One change that Rafa already has made is to have the U-21 team work in another building and train on their own pitches so that Rafa can concentrate on training only with the first team players, the ones who can save us this season.

The other big change was negotiated before Rafa would accept the job in the first place – and that is he will have the final say on all transfers into and out of the club – and that is a huge change the club have already agreed to.

There was news that Chief Scout Graham Carr was unhappy with that shift in power and his own diminished control at the club.

But if that’s the case then Graham will leave us this summer and Rafa will no doubt bring in another Chief Scout, although Rafa seems keen to work with Carr.

But things are by no means certain at Newcastle at the moment – and all of this depends on Newcastle remaining a Premier League club.

It’s all hands to the pump to help Rafa, his coaches and the players to somehow save us from the perilous situation we are currently in with just eight games to play.

But the squad is currently disjointed due to  poor buys and lack of clear planning in the transfer market.

We have no fit back left-back and possibly no fit right back if Daryl Janmaat doesn’t recover for the game at Norwich on Saturday.

And no recognized Premier League striker and too many central midfielders – two of which we bought in during January, but only one of them is being used.

If Rafa can save us from the mess we are in right now – then things are gong to be great.

If he cannot save us then not so good – in fact things at the club will be disastrous.

Here’s hoping for the former.

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News · Prayer · Prediction · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

130 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 3:53 PM

Well done to the local press for trying to boost the positivity around the place.
    The one thing that will really get the city buzzing and make a few of our rivals nervous will be 3 points away at Norwich.

• 2 toon kk // Mar 27, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Ed has just pointed out alot of our weaknesses, the reasons why we’ll be relegated, but we can hope for survival even if people choose not to be realistic.

• 3 21st Century Schizoid Man // Mar 27, 2016 at 4:05 PM

God help your ex European History students Jeff if you think that a half assed anecdote represents knowledge. You have a surfeit of hubris and totally inadequate communication skills. I suppose you got retired early.

• 4 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 4:42 PM

21st Century Schizoid Muppet
    I am not Jeff , Jane , nor the man from del monte !

I’ve neither taught , nor claimed to teach anything to anybody.

If you want to go through life taking everything Mr Tuff says as gospel , good luck.

• 5 lesh // Mar 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Where does it say that the ‘big moves’ and Rafa’s powers depend on us avoiding relegation?

In any event, the reported changes don’t go far enough – Charnley should not retain his position as Chief Exec after his incompetence he’s shown. Ashley should offer Rafa whatever it takes to keep him – even if we are relegated!

Benitez was never Charnley’s signing and it was clear that he and Carr, the guys who’ve run the Club into its current position, would’ve been happy to soldier on with McClaren.

Carr obviously has contacts but so have many others and it might be a good time for him to take a rest, put his feet up, sod off!

Keep Charnley by all means but a credible MD is a must and Charnley can always exercise his talents in some other role

• 6 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Carr unhappy that Benitez is/was given more powers on transfers.

Does this mean that Carr was the sleeping manager.

The guy has got to go whatever happens

• 7 hibbitt // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM

toon kk

there’s no doubt the points you raise are valid BUT if you don’t have hope it might just be time give up and call it a day……….. give Rafa a chance he might just surprise you !!!!

• 8 Ron Knee // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Could there be two Jibs out there?

Jib // Jun 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Never Googled it

Didn’t have to cos , I know stuff , am well travelled , read a lot , and most importantly listen.

Just because a blogger explains something doesn’t mean he agrees with it.

I lecture on Modern European History , I could tell you stuff about the Einsatzgruppen in the Ukraine that would make your hair stand on end , that doesn’t mean I agree with genocide.

• 9 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM

PMSL: Hook, Line and sinker.

• 10 Ron Knee // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Perhaps he has a doppelgänger?

• 11 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Nah he just lacks a good memory.

• 12 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Ha ha, nice one Ron Knee.
    Caught with his pants down once again 😆

• 13 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Its alright lads Jib will just ignore it and move on to something completely unrelated

• 14 Rotonda heights // Mar 27, 2016 at 5:55 PM

dire straits even.

who cares what the hell Carr thinks.

• 15 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Ron Knee

Thanks for that.

You have answered something that has baffled me for a while.

Whenever Mr Tuff used to prattle on about me lecturing on various things I just used to ignore it like a lot of his shite.

Yes a doppelganger

If you read back the article you will notice the presence of the discredited Toon from Leeds aka Chancel aka Burnley.

I think you and your ex mackem supporting mate and many others have been duped.

Those posts aren’t mine but June (when I was away in Spain ) last year was when the mischief maker was at the height of his powers.

So many pops at me explained !

• 16 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Ron – Ah I remember that and I was going to point out that he might have posted that as jeff. I remember posting some time back that jeff was a poster with a few alternates, some of whom have been sacrificial – Jib I thought was one he used as a tormenting device and often made mistakes, only to come back as if nothing had happened, because it didn’t matter to him personally how his invented ‘character’ was thought of.

However it seems difficult right now to see a way back from this one jeff. You usually get your kecks yanked down because you make daft mistakes with duff info. This time you are exposed finally as the try absolute bull***tter that you really are in life. You have committed blog suicide. You are an idiot.

• 17 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Try = true

• 18 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Let the wriggling commence. it’s what the worm does on the hook, as the carp approaches.

• 19 toon kk // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Your right what you say, we have too have hope and In Rafa we must trust, it’s all we have to hold on too to be honest.
    But I know most maybe think I’m being pessimistic but I find it hard to optimistic about such a sh.t team, that has been so poor for so long and a squad that really lacks quality in front of goal.
    I hope I’m proven wrong but there’s going to be a lot of disappointment come the end of the season.
    But there’s nothing wrong with hope.

• 20 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Toon KK
    You seem fairly sure in your own mind that we will fail to stay up.
    In that case try and get reasurrance from the fact that the club seem to be doing their best to get Rafa to stay no matter what .

• 21 toon kk // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:48 PM

You’ve hit a valid point, but it’s there own mess they’re trying to clear up, credit to them for bringing Rafa in but why did they wait so long? Surely like us fans they could see Macca wasn’t working long before he was sacked.
    I only hope Rafa preforms a miracle and makes me eat my words.

• 22 midweek weekend // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:58 PM

@toon kk

didnt rafa get sacked from madrid back in January, he could of came early or even late February would of been fine, the crime here is like you said the whole world could seee mcclaren was never/not working if rafa had more time he could of even steadied us to a mid table finish, i fear its just too little too late now. although i mcclaren should never of got the job in the first place a failed championship manager deserves to manage no premier league team anywhere period

• 23 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Jeff at 15 – that link explains nothing but it certainly does show you have an inimitable style. it’s you all right. You are a lying gob**** caught red handed, pants down, etc.

• 24 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Strange that Jib’s doppelganger from last year has the same coloured symbol on the mobile version of the site as the real Jib’s post from today 😉

Try again Jeff!

• 25 Belfast // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

That Toon from Leeds was a right wrongun. He spent a many a day chatting to himself on here 🙂

“I agree with you”

• 26 Belfast // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Posting from intensive care 🙂

I’ve got 20 minutes and then it’s back to my coma.

Good times so they were….

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Just reading todays posts and I came across the post that Jib denies claiming to be a lecturer in modern history, I distinctly remember that outlandish claim so came straight down stairs to the quicker PC. Ron Knee beat me to it but I’m going to post it anyway.
    Jib // Jun 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Never Googled it

Just because a blogger explains something doesn’t mean he agrees with it.

• 28 Belfast // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Skunki how do you committ blog suicide?

Is it painful?

• 29 Belfast // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Commodore 64 upstairs Jail ?

• 30 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:23 PM

You are liar and a first class tw@t and it says everything about you that your two biggest fans are the intellectually stunted welshgeordie9 and the creepy physcopath Ian Toon.

• 31 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Tablet but the blog pages take an eternity to load up for some reason.

• 32 welshgeordie9 // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

It must be painful, on a plus side you won’t have to read Grumpy Jails boring comments.

Ha ha ha

• 33 Belfast // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

All this talk about Benitez been given this and that is tosh like. He’ll be away if we get relegated. Absolutely no chance he’s going to stick around in the championship and watch any saleable asset sold.

• 34 welshgeordie9 // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Must be time of the month again.

• 35 Belfast // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Everything should be put on the backburner until we’ve stayed up.

• 36 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Well next weekend has been written off. Me and the family had the top floor room in the Holiday Inn booked overlooking all four corners of Carrow Road, if Carlsberg done hotel rooms….but unfortunately I have to stay on this p0xy rig an extra week so will have miss it 🙁

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Jail for Ashley // Jun 14, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Jeff in bikini,
    You are a Cambridge graduate, ex SAS, forward prop for Tynedale Rugby club, taxi driver with a penchant for listening to Night owl callers with learning difficulties, you have hosted parties for the stars and claim to speak about fifteen languages. Have you read James Thurbers short story.

• 38 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Help this is me talk to me please !

• 39 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Don’t worry you’d have squelch, carl and Ian standing at the bottom trying to negotiate a bed sheet to catch you in. The anvil you tied to your feet to stop you falling would probably land straight on that thick skull of yours though!

• 40 Belfast // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:44 PM

My advice Jib don’t look down or scratch your knee.

• 41 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Jail I will post the same as I did in reply the last time your comment was on –

• 42 GeordieTwo // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Poor buys and lack of clear planning in the transfer market. Who does that point the finger at? Time for Carr and Charnley to go.

• 43 welshgeordie9 // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Grumpy Jail

I’m still waiting for your evidence, i bet that you thought I forgotten about it.

• 44 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Belfast you’ll have to ask jeff if it’s painful. I believe he has experienced quite a lot of it on here, mostly at the rear end in some form or other.

• 45 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Poor Jib:

• 46 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM

I’ve read that article and posts as well (I posted it ) the first time I saw it was about 3 hours ago.

Your comments are hilarous 8-(

Unfortunately it was not me . The kid from Leeds or Burnley was having a laugh at your expense.

• 47 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM

MacToon this is how you do it – doh

• 48 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Funny that Jib as Jeff used to hotlink like that too – doh!

• 49 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Please Jib explain, how did the lad from Leeds/Burnley manage to use the same icon and colour as you on the mobile site? He had strange powers?

• 50 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Ed hotlinks as well
    Do you think
    Couldn’t be
    Could it ?
    Conspiracy theory #451

• 51 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Just a minute

Most people who use facebook hotlink

So now it’s Jib/Jeff /Jane/most people who use facebook

• 52 AncientC // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:06 PM

@8, I bet he is a fan of ‘The’ Spandau Ballet, if that is true.

• 53 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:09 PM

The whole point of the blog is that I am the only real person on it.

Everyone else is a personae manufactured by Ed to entertain me.

I can’t stop commenting or reading the blog as the aforementioned manufactured people, who believe themselves to be real will cease to exist.

So as an act of human kindness I will continue to interact with the AIs created by Ed.

Please continue to believe you are all real.

• 54 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM

WOW! Essex, that was…. well just unreal, give me a mo while I adjust my microchip… 😀

• 55 AncientC // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Did Skynet just go live.

• 56 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Wriggle as much as you like Fibber Jib. My point was there was another coincidence like playing in the same rugby team, at the same time, in the same position even as another poster.
    Watch out for that anvil……..

• 57 AncientC // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Ray Kurzweil was a bit late on this one…

• 58 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM

If it has Essex has just been selected for termination…… I’ll be back!

• 59 Moonraker15 // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Last season Leicester had something like 21 points from 30 games and not only escaped, but were well clear of relegation at the end of season. We can do it and if we do this will also be a watershed for NUFC!
    In Rafa we trust ?

• 60 reilly // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM

its funny that everytime jib/jeff gets caught out. he blames someone hacking his account.he said the same when he made the racsst comments.
    jeff we all know its you.

• 61 reilly // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM

• 62 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:24 PM

I’ve just had a look at my email exchanges with Ed at the end of last June .

I came back from Spain logged on and found myself making a comment about Pedro Beardsley looking like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

I emailed Ed I thought it was a Mackem wum

He replied that 2 people using the same username was impossible .

Three hours later he emailed me to say he was wrong – it was possible and he’d cracked it.

So any little clues you have picked up Sherlock , are the doppelganger playing games with you and the other members of the brains trust.

• 63 AncientC // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:24 PM

You will know the technological singularity has begun, when annual birthrates in Essex are down to a flat zero.

• 64 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Wriggle as much as you like Fibs. It’s amusing. We all know the truth 😉

• 65 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:26 PM

When it’s me
    I’ll tug me left earlobe 3 times and wink with me left eye twice

• 66 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Why not post the proof?

• 67 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Mactoon you know nowt – clearly

• 68 reilly // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:28 PM

you have been caught man up.move on.

• 69 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:28 PM

I can partially validate that comment as I have been contributing to that Zero figure for many years.

• 70 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:30 PM

I thought about it but there is too much personal info which is not going on a public blog.
    If it bothers you that much email Ed
    If he can be arsed with the chidishness of it he can confirm it.

• 71 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Incidentally NUFC is just a very bad dream scenario in Eds nightmare virtual world.

Guess who the big bad end boss is.

• 72 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM

On another subject
    Has your ORCU been closed this weekend ?
    I’ve been using Phoenix

• 73 sobadithurts // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:33 PM

You lot are such a boring bunch of self important b itches. This used to be a football related blog.

• 74 reilly // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:35 PM

dont use kodi anymore.

• 75 MacToon // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:37 PM

Jib (Google fail) former parishioner of Benwell test fail:

Sorry sobadithurts, the floor is yours –

• 76 AncientC // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:38 PM

We will know the Technological Singularity is entering its Arcadia stage, when Tory boy types like Jib are sent to reeducation camps.

• 77 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Personal info can be blacked out, but if I was being accused I would (if I had it) provide the proof.

However, I don’t need to bother ED looking to vindicate you Jib, you are without doubt horrible in every sense of the word to other posters, and so far up your own @rse it is difficult to see where you start and end.

Don’t provide proof it’s no skin of my nose mate, just makes me think you have none.

• 78 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Oh ok

• 79 martoon // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:39 PM

Moonraker15 @59 – I believe it is still possible – I keep saying points total is not the issue we simply have to end the season with one more point than Norwich or the makems and hopefully Palace might get dragged into it as well. So theoretically we could stay up with 31 points if Norwich and the makems have a really bad run – realistically I think we need to get to 35 points which is do-able!

• 80 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

In my best Kenneth William voice,

“Oh get you dearie, who are you calling a bitch”

• 81 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

MacToon I’d check your device.
    That site’s virused to hell

• 82 sobadithurts // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Kenneth WilliamS you daft shat.

• 83 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Don’t worry mate, the gallant goal scoring hero is just about to enter the fray and will valiantly hack and hew the opposition bad guys so badly that we will end up with 49 points.

Guess who he is!

• 84 Ron Knee // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:51 PM

• 85 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:51 PM

D*mn, I mad a sully mistak, I must now leaf the blug forewer.

• 86 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM

Damn I think I’m right up the Creek I can’t remember whether I swallowed the blue pill, or the red pill…..

• 87 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Funny that. Sobadithurts has suddenly popped up to leap to the blog liars’ defence! Jeff, get your hand off the Auto-Avatar generator! 🙂

• 88 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Jeff, falling down into the pit as the boulders roll in after him. Pitiful but long overdue.

• 89 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Are you me or jane or Jeff ?

• 90 Jail for Ashley // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:06 PM

What evidence, the piece that proves you have a mental age of an eleven year old in a 29 year old’s body?

• 91 sobadithurts // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:08 PM

I’m probably you Jib!

• 92 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Oh ok

• 93 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Tsunki must be right

• 94 sobadithurts // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:13 PM

I don’t believe Tsunki has ever been right.

• 95 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:16 PM

That’s not what he says

• 96 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM

For someone initially complaining about a lack of football chat u offer a lack of footballing chat don’t ya? Rather instantly involve urself in order to defend the floundering Jib

Interesting that

For the record after reading Jibs explanation I am stunned no one believes it, obviously I don’t, but normally there’s one or two who give him the benefit. Dark days eh Jeffery

• 97 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM

I am going to assume it takes at least 2 minutes to log off and then on again.

• 98 martoon // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Essex Geordie Bill @83 – I presume you are talking about Cisse. Seriously I think he could form a decent partnership with Mitro.

• 99 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Haha the struggle the kid goes through just to…appear intelligent and get people’s backs up? I mean that’s the aim isn’t it? Or is there more to it? Seems a lot of time to dedicate to trolling

• 100 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:48 PM

My word the obvious duplicates pile up to defend the indefensible. Covers blown jeff this has got to be the end for you surely?

• 101 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:49 PM

I have to think it’s a small group of people seeking attention to compensate for their lonely little lives, quite sad really.

Still the abuse that is dished out by these lonely hearts is far from constructive to their cause.

I was trying to paint them in a better light, but you just can’t can you? pmsl

• 102 Tsunki // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:52 PM

I suppose if the normal Welsh – based and sporadic dippers can’t rally to jeffs defence the multiple button must be activated. Dark days jeff, dark days indeed.

• 103 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Tbh if it was just lonely souls surely they would be friendlier? I actually thought it was more likely someone whose been bullied and this is some odd way to regain their power but even that is pretty flawed as a theory

The obvious is of course it’s just his personality coming out? After all give a man a mask and he will show u his real face and what’s the internet if not a huge mask?

I mean u sir are a Satan worshipping insect slowly burning alive to me, and I to u am a mad man shouting about how Sir Bobby is akin to Jesus…part of the fun though eh haha

• 104 welshgeordie9 // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:56 PM

Let me refresh your memory, you kept banging on about me reponsible for so many bloggers leaving, i know your memory is bad but it can’t be that bad surly, besides I’m still waiting for evidence.

• 105 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Hope u don’t take offence to my joking about ur moniker there haha I don’t actually think of u as a Satan worshipping insect, comes across very rude on review

• 106 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Sorry I had to go off and help my mate Conan kill some nasty things.

Didn’t see MA whilst I was there though.

One serious answer and one joke one but who is right, the plot thickens.

• 107 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Hahahaha; I love it almost described me to a “T”. Satan worshipping insect? well it sounds like me. LMAO!

But you are right, we are all behind a mask, some use it for abuse, while most use it for the purpose of communication, and debate.

Now where the hell did I put that Voodoo doll of our lass….

• 108 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:01 PM

As the serious one, yes I think you are correct, Mitro does need a partner to get the best out of him, Cisse would be one definite possibility.

• 109 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:01 PM

No mate no offence taken, I like that witty chat, brilliant.

• 110 beermonkey // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:06 PM

any1 see this

pards talking about jonas

he said
    My particular concern with Jonas related to the low number of goals he scored,” Pardew, 54, told a tribunal.

“He had scored only three goals in the 2010-11 season which, for an attacking midfielder, was well below what I would have expected

was jonas ever allowed in the box

• 111 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Haha I will admit I sent that without thinking then read it back and it could be taken very badly

World is a worrying place on the Internet, personally I try to stay close to debating football on here with the odd drop off for general chat on the quieter times but the times I’ve left here have been down to the trouble makers

• 112 Essex Geordie Bill // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Ron Knee was your reply comment 84 in response to my comment 71 or 83 🙂

• 113 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:09 PM

I’ve been keeping up a bit with the Jonas case and the reasoning is just odd from Pardew and co. I will be surprised if Jonas wins it in the end but of the two parties I know who I believe (unless some proof that comes out to show Jonas as a very different man than I believe him to be)

• 114 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM

What defense is that pray Tsunki ?

• 115 lochinvar // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Rafa Benitez To Be Given Huge Powers At Newcastle

AUSTIN Powers anyone ?

• 116 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:14 PM

The difference is unlike some people (Jeff for example) who claim innocence because you cannot see facial expression, or hear a tone of voice in a written post, you do not go about abusing people or purposefully trying to better yourself at their expense.

You get to know types of posters, and from that can distinguish very easily if their is malice in their posts.

You have none in yours, so it is easy to deduce humour.

Like you at times I stay off as I cannot be bothered with the trolls and wums. but like to get on when there is a good debate or a valid topic.

• 117 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:16 PM

I may be back, but I’m going on chat to talk to our lass before she crashes out, they are two hours in front of us in Istanbul.

• 118 beermonkey // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM

it made me laugh he is say he had concerns due the number of goals he got
    the bloke was baby sitting fullbacks all the time and rarely got into positions to score due to pardews tactics

• 119 Jib // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:19 PM

I think Jonas probably put his case in jeopardy when he allowed his Mam/Agent to say
    “I thought about killing myself at SJP to focus attention on my son’s bad treatment”
    Weird to say the least

• 120 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Ah cheers haha I am always a tad worried how my humour comes across as I am something of an aquired taste even with tone of voice haha

Yeah I enjoy the debates on here too mate but they do sometimes come too few and far between, often because they are interrupted so often by abuse

• 121 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:25 PM

100% correct mate. Pardew also said due to certain players coming in Jonas time in the team would be limited, he named Anita…a RB come CDM would be keeping him out of the LW spot?

If Jonas wins though it proves what many believed which is that Pardew was just a puppet so not surprised they are banding together to label him a liar

• 122 beermonkey // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:32 PM

i hope jonas wins
    mainly because i dont think the club does things right
    but on the other hand as fans we were up in arms about the phone call to release jonas and taylor

taylor was at the derby with carver laughing and joking problem is we never get all the info

• 123 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Me too, I have a lot of love for Jonas

On the Raylor thing ur right but maybe he just didn’t blame Carver who was a very popular bloke with the players by all accounts I’d be more interested to see how he’d interact with Charnley or Ashley

Funny thing is right now they would probably be in the starting 11 if they had been allowed to stay

• 124 beermonkey // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:42 PM

they would prob be on the bench for me
    i think useful to have in and around the squad

• 125 Average_Contents // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Boom (that’s the tnt exploding..)

Jeff strikes again.

Must be lonely to make up such bollox all the time then forget what you’ve said.

Anvil, boulder, tnt or dynamite sticks, it really doesn’t matter.

You never EVER fail to deliver.

Sad cnut

• 126 WWSBRD // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:47 PM

I’d have either at LB right now or in fact all season

And Janmatts form would of been pushed by both

That was my thinking anyway

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Part Time fan is on.

• 128 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:52 PM

Well you don’t have to stay do you?

• 129 welshgeordie9 // Mar 27, 2016 at 10:55 PM

That was quick, even from you.

• 130 firebug666 // Mar 27, 2016 at 11:00 PM

Aye well I just been sharpening my wit on our lass.

previous post: This Is The Left-Back Newcastle Want This Summer