The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

These Are The Things Rafa Will Depend On To Save Newcastle

12:01 pm, Monday, March 28th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 91 Comments

By the time we play Norwich City at Carrow Road this Saturday, Rafa Benitez will have had almost two weeks with the players (those not away for International duty) – and his aim has been to organize the side, go back to basics and fill the players with confidence, which was sorely missing when he first arrived.

With so little time it’s not possible to make the big changes in the way the side plays – that will need to wait for the summer, but he wants to make Newcastle a lot harder to beat and a lot more organized – and get the forwards able to score some goals for a change.

Who knows – we could even start winning some games very soon if the manager is successful in doing that.

The manager has put in a ton of work and effort since he arrived on Tyneside – he’s been working his socks off to keep Newcastle up.

rafa benitez st james park 987

A confident Rafa Benitez at the Sunderland game

We will see if he has been successful in the game at Norwich, where the result is all important – as it is in all of our remaining eight games of the season.

If we can say get a couple of wins on the trot the atmosphere at the club and among the players will change dramatically and we can escape the drop for a second successive season.

Norwich had a great 1-0 win at West Brom last time out, but we cannot do much about that – only what we can do in the final games of another completely disastrous season.

This is what Rafa has said:

“It’s something you can’t change.” “Norwich were working very hard, it’s what we have to do.” “We have to concentrate on the things we can manage and the things we can do.”

“We have to improve our team and the confidence of our players.” “We have to prepare our players properly and after that it’s football.” “That is the reason why they won that game away from home, but maybe they can lose two games in a row.”

“Then we have to carry on, we can’t say to keep up or it’s impossible.” “Maybe we will have a chance right until the end.” “Hopefully, before the end and it will be easier and I will be happier.”

“But we have to keep pushing and working hard. I think we can do it.”

“Hopefully it can change, starting this week, but we have to keep the belief that we are doing well.” “We have to start seeing these things on the pitch and winning the games we want to win.”

Hopefully that’s every single game remaining that we want to win – we have to go all out for the 24 points still available – and maybe if we can get half of them – 12 points – that may even be enough to save us.

That’s after what was a simply terrible first 28 games – three quarters of the season under Steve McClaren.

If we survive we will be very lucky – but the future will look very bright indeed in the summer under the impressive Rafa Benitez who has already been given wide powers to fix the club from top to bottom.

And it certainly needs fixing – it’s a complete mess right now.

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Prayer · Premier League

91 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM

it’s a bit like European History. Can’t really change it.

• 2 bettyswallocks // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:15 PM

Jib………. It appears that you have also been posting with several id’s which I find disappointing as I quite enjoy your banter. Does this mean you are connected to this Rob Vollans character?

• 3 beermonkey // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:18 PM

has rafa let any of the players have any time off
    or has been cracking the whip on the international break

• 4 lesh // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM

C’mo man get a grip.

Jib’s posts are in a different class to Rob Vollens’ and his/ her various handles.

• 5 lesh // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Changing European history all depends on who’s writing about it and whether he/she/it really is an expert or a fantasist

• 6 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:27 PM

No, Rob vollans was a more juvenile and flawed attempt to make mischief. He overplayed his hand and left a trail that Belfast and others finally pounced on. Jeffs approach is more considered and insidious.

• 7 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:28 PM

Lesh I see. So in the wrong hands, someone could attempt to rewrite history? Hmm. Fiendish.

• 8 jayphoto // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:30 PM

@beermonkey – pretty sure I read it’s business as usual at the toon and he wants to get as much time in as possible before the Norwich game!
    Pretty excited to watch Mitro in the next few games. His movement around the box has changed under Benitez, He’s stopped looking to go to war with the centreback and has started looking to drift out to the far post to compete with the full back (only works when a player runs to the near post mind which is cisse’s natural movement). Said it before, first time I saw mitro live was this year, thought he was a lazy s.o.b on tv games, never saw how hard he works till I saw him live.
    The lads going to be a player for us, still very young but can see shades of the potential every scout in the land was watching when he was at anderlecht

• 9 Jib // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:35 PM

I have only ever had one id on here.

This one.

Fortunately if it really worries people they can always confirm it with Ed.

Jane and I started posting the same month and we both got pounced on by the blog clever dicks (every blog has a Tsunki and Mr Tuff) because our user names began with “J”.

I think Jane got a bit scared and backed off a bit so I became the main “enemy”.

While understandable in a way with all the crap at NUFC , it is still quite sad.

• 10 jayphoto // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:35 PM

One worry I have about our run in is our personel. Norwich and sunderland have a squad who 90% of them will never earn as much or even play PL again if they go down. They are literally fighting for their lives.
    We on the other hand are notoriously difficult sellers. Sissoko, Janmaat, even Gini would get easier transfers if we were relegated and all would be in line to probably land bigger pay days as all have raised their reputations since they came and are on relatively low wages. Add that to Cisse, Tiote, Taylor, Coloccini who chances are won’t be here next season and we’ve got a large proportion of our squad who aren’t fighting for their careers

• 11 jayphoto // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Not to mention no one at Newcastle has a relegation wage cut clause…

• 12 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:37 PM

I can’t be the only one who is tired of this endless baiting. You seem to me to be the only one to hold the key to clarifying matters. You mentioned some hours ago that you had an email exchange with Ed last June on your return from Spain when you believed your moniker had been hijacked in your absence. Would it not be in everyone’s interests if you could post these if indeed they show that you have been maligned.

Your posts as Jib are one thing and you can defend as you see fit as we all can but it is the endless referencing of you as Jeff (and more latterly Jane) that I find very irritating. Please try your best to put a stop to it or hold your hands up and let the Blog move on. Even in a no match fortnight coming on the Blog for any news, insight etc. is in no way satisfied by this continual scrapping.

Btw I have no issue with you posting items from the Net as you often add your spin on what you find. In my view as with all posters others can agree, disagree or ignore as the mood takes them

• 13 Belfast // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Rob Vollans is currently in broadmoor with all his mates.

Still agreeing with himself no doubt….

• 14 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Yeah right jeff. If it quacks like a duck. Has webbed feet and feathers like a duck..

You could say every blog has a jeff. I don’t think I’m the villain of the piece.

• 15 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Belfast I’ve thought about your blog suicide pain query, and I have no answer. If it’s successful, how would anyone know?

• 16 beermonkey // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:40 PM

i think when rafa has sorted out the balance and he stops coming so deep it will help his game a bit more

• 17 Rotonda heights // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:40 PM

is there evidence that jib is in fact jeff /jane etc.
    in ian toon’s case it seemed overwhelming

• 18 ArtyH // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:41 PM

I hope Rafa is working on partnerships, two or three players who know what each other is doing and where they are going to run or what they will do, and what the others have to do to accommodate, this should be the norm for a successful club but lacking for a long time with us. Its partnerships within teams that bring out the best in ordinary players and works wonders with better players, classic example was Ginola and Beresford they had a great partnership as did Shearer and Ferdinand, they got the best out of each other and made each other look good. I have not seen anything like this at the toon for years, just hope Rafa can instill something like this at such short notice, thats team building.

• 19 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Decent post Magscar. The endless ‘baiting’ though is more of a challenge for the ‘alleged’ miscreant to fess up. As yet it is he who is prolonging the agony. If jeff stuck to his Google analytics all would have been well. And good.

• 20 The overrated Frenchman // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:41 PM

I’ll bet Rafa can’t believe the shambles he’s landed in. Imagine with all the proper clubs he’s been with, he finds himself here, having to deal with the likes of Charnley and Carr and the empty shell of a football team left by McClaren and others. It must seem like a football third-world. “It’s awful Montsie. I’ve heard about things like this, but I’ve never actually seen it with my own eyes before. It’s horrifying.” I guess the money eases the pain.

• 21 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:47 PM

It doesn’t take any evidence for some on here to label someone as a multiple as I can personally testify. If not challenged it can then stick. I can’t understand why some spend their blog time hunting and outing posters as multiples and WUM’s. I respect most posters own abilities to spot them and deal with them in their chosen way – argue with or ignore.

• 22 Jib // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:52 PM

You must see the game that is being played here.
    I can’t fess up to something I’m not guilty of.
    Magscar – when did you stop beating your wife ?

Very clever

I’ll try and think of a way to post the email correspondence without either

a. putting personal info on a public blog
    b. being accused of faking them

• 23 WWSBRD // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Mitro works hard and is a decent hold up player but when he’s left alone there is no point in him being on the pitch. At least Cisse is capable of pulling something out of nothing similar, though less often, Perez aswell

People do it because without it the blog becomes unreadable as 1 comment in 10 is about football the rest are WUMs and trolls baiting people. the blog has no Mods or anyone else to police it so it has to be policed by itself

• 24 jimmysmith // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Actually, I’ve since moved on to the far more leisurely paced Capital of the Republic Of Laos, Vientiane, with its many and varied post colonial French charms and easy, almost glacial pace of life. Which in fact affords me even more time to wonder about what might ultimately come to pass between Rafa and Mike Ashley. About the year mark I’d suggest will likely come the first acid test, or have we forgotten what happened to Keegan. But yeah, ok, first things first, survival.

• 25 lesh // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:57 PM

You’re never insinuating that Jib/ Jeff/ Jane would ever attempt to rewrite history are you?

Surely not….

• 26 lesh // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Of course you have only used one ID when posting as Jib.

• 27 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Tsunki- I’ve just read back a few days posts- not having been around.
    You seem to be proceeding as the prosecution would to establish the bad character of a defendant. Except the knife sharpening took place last night with the guest appearance of Robtoon and cohorts; the incidentals who just love a film premiere setting and a chance to make some sort of presence. Rarely achieved on a ” football blog”.

I value responses from people who know more and understand better. You make countless allowance for the remorselessly sunny and cheerful disposition of Jail- ( somewhat like Blair ” that’s John”, when Prescott punched a man who threw an egg at him) but have not considered what Jail: Jib bring to the blog. Playing the man and not the ball

I used an English idiom in praise of Jail’s hindsight( 3/4 days ago) only for him to persistently and lazily be abusive and critical because he was being ignorant. Something he frequently calls others.
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about. Yet are not prepared to find out. None of us ( not even Ancient) can specialise in every area. But Jib( for whatever reason!) is prepared to find out if he doesn’t already know. He does know stuff- does it matter 21 C if it’s knowledge acquired or intelligence.

I don’t expect you to agree with me but reading through I felt obligated to give an alternative viewpoint.

• 28 bettyswallocks // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Jib……. Thanks for the explanation. I would prefer to respond to you as the Jib we all know and love so I ll leave it there.
    I’m just glad to hear you were’nt mixed up with that Vollans fiend and all his multiple ID’s as he was a real nuisance.
    It must have been him that posted about you being a lecturer in European history and all that. Look at the trouble that one post has caused.

• 29 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Rotonda, I don’t know about the Jane thing it was some fleeting idea but even if true Jan’s posts are hardly controversial.

As for jeff, ‘all’ we had to go on was the downfall of his Jeff in Benwell character due to racist comments and distasteful comments on disability. He had to call time, but came back with ‘jib’ a character with the same writing style, flawed google reliance, the propensity for latching onto others mistakes, the racist innuendo and the hot linking thing. However hes not able to memorise his tracks as shown by his latest excuse that he WAS actually a multiple, just not of his own choosing. Why anyone wants to leap to his defence and call challenging a liar “bullying” I can’t fathom.

• 30 Offkey // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Oh, who would have guessed Ian toon would fly in to the rescue…..,,honestly, it’s like a cheap sitcom

• 31 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM

Thank you for acknowledging what was meant as a sincere post.

I have had no personal ongoing issues with Jib and we rarely have much dialogue. Perhaps because of this I have been linked with him by others at times but I don’t fall into the Iantoon or Welshie camp of affording him support. Some of his comments I can find resonance with but others less so. I believe I admonished him once some months back for a serious Faux Pas. Amazingly to some perhaps but I can’t recall exactly what for now and just recall that I did. Unless someone regularly has digs at me I do tend to move on fairly quickly.

It is clear to me why you and several others do
    challenge him but I and I believe others, are growing tired of what is no longer banter filling an empty Blog. I can’t believe he wants to spend his time on here constantly defending himself (or does he???) My call is simply for Jib as the only man with the solution to resolve this for all of us.

• 32 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM

It’s “anonymity”. It’s not “anonimity”. Bet you now wish you didn’t pull me incorrectly on marquee and others on other stuff. You just make yourself look a dick.

• 33 jayphoto // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM

@wwsbrd – Would really like to see Cisse and Mitro play together. Can see it only happening late in games though rather than both starting. Also interested to see how Shelvey plays with Cisse. He’s very similar to Gomis in the style he plays and the runs he makes and Shelvey put Gomis through on goal an obscene amount of times per game for Swansea.
    I actually think when played to his strengths Cisse is a lot better than he’s given credit for, he’s just useless outside of the box but for me he’s probably the best chance of a player getting us 5-6 goals in the next 8 games

• 34 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Ian Toon a brave swing and total miss. The issue is not Jeffs Googling. As he himself can offer no proof for his accusation that I pick up on his football factoids critically, I suggest you take his example and shut up.

I don’t mind, as I said, if that’s all he does, the blog is richer got this that search out pieces of the jigsaw puzzle we can collectively assemble. But that’s not jeffs raison d’etre is it? it’s his sniping, fault finding, abusive lying fake persona that gets under the skin. That’s the issue Ian, stick to it without deflection. I know it’s hard not to stick by a blog ally but don’t get sucked into the swirling pot with him.

• 35 Offkey // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Hey offkey

Had a great time at the pub last night. You sure are a ladies man when you have had a shandy or two. Going down the gym and then fancy meeting for a coffee later.

Yours always

• 36 WWSBRD // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM

If Vollans had the ability to hack into people’s accounts why did he stop at Jib…and only while he was “away” in Spain?

It was not just renaming an existing account what Jib claims to not of posted came from the exact account he uses

• 37 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Betty sorry mate but if you look at Rob Vollans style there’s no way he captured the essence of jeff so well, Vollans is an immature prat. His forte was being a tad more bludgeoning than semi-eloquent BS. No that was jeff all right.

• 38 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Rotonda. That’s just how the myth is perpetuated. By a comment from left field. I don’t need any help to point out you got in wrong over 18 months/ 2 years ago . Martinez, Pochettino and Henderson/Dowling.

Roy H is tactfully making the same point re Stones. He can’t construct a defence Wigan/ Everton. Stones is the best English CB since Ferdinand and Terry.

• 39 WWSBRD // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Totally agree mate I still rate Cisse but our style flys in the face of what he is good at. I also think Shelvey like Cabaye before him would bring out the best in Cisse mainly because he will pass forward.

I don’t see us playing 2 up front though so Mitro it is, my main hope is that Gini is replaced by Siem moving forward

• 40 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:15 PM

And Jib. What’s this I read?

“we both got pounced on by the blog clever dicks”

There’s only one clever dick on here who goes around pouncing on people, even pouncing for a spelling mistake.

• 41 jayphoto // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM

@wwsbrd – Yeah I’d play de jong. When hes on the field the team play better even if hes not playing well, he gets higher up the field.
    I’d play Wijnaldum wide. He played wide right for PSV at times and has a very decent delivery, he’s also tricky and can draw fouls in dangerous positions.
    Townsend left, gini right, sissoko and shelvey central and de jong behind mitro/cisse with Perez and whoever misses out from cisse and mitro is a really strong attacking line up.
    Sissoko played central for Tolouse which he did well enough to get French caps and a move to the PL! He has said a few times Vieira was his idol too in the past

• 42 G // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Can I just say, I really dont care about multiples, I dont understand why you would, but I couldnt really care about it either. Can we get back to discussing football rather than online scizophrenia?

• 43 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM

am just catching up after my last post. I think you will agree I am not one of those who challenge you and as you know I have had to fend off some myself but this one with yourself is never-ending.

We all can enjoy a sparring match from the ringside at times but surely even you must be tired of having to defend the accusations instead of posting as you see fit.

I don’t expect you to ‘fess up to something you are not guilty of and understand the oft used analogy of wife beating. What I was hoping for was that if you had evidence to the contrary you could provide this because refuting the examples put by others isn’t going away.

You mentioned the email exchange with Ed and so I naturally presumed this was in your view something which would refute the allegations. If it doesn’t then I am not sure why you mentioned it if it can only cast doubt. Is it simply a case of Ed stating

“well some one could do it but I can’t tell if he/she did do it in your case”

sort of exchange?

I understand you may need to carry out some sort of redaction but if it gets posters of your back on this multiple charge and simply lets you defend “Jib” then why wouldn’t you?

• 44 Jib // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Great Blackley
    really helpful

• 45 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Well, just to show I am not the blog Bully, I must take my leave and let others reason around our Google meister and his back pedalling antics.

• 46 WWSBRD // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM

I reckon Shelvey is best with a DM beside him (Tiote or Colback) Sissoko won’t do the work, maybe he used to in a former life but now I don’t see him doing it in a million years. Gini has done nothing to earn a start imo he just disappears

I’d have him on the bench and he can offer an impact off the bench if we need it

• 47 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Only too pleased to be of assistance.

And “Great Blackley”. I like that. Thank you.

• 48 Bobbybee // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM

It’s like a kindergarten on here. I keep checking weekly, in the hope of getting into some serious football debate but the usual suspects are still at it. You must realise that you’re driving people away? I’ve just checked back and Jib was simply talking football – as he normally does to be fair – when he was once again set upon for nothing I have been able to discern. Are you lot ever going to let it drop? It’s boring beyond belief. I’m not taking sides, just saying it how it looks. So you don’t like him? I think we’ve all worked that out, but the reality is that it’s invariably one of you who resorts to insults before he has to respond. Can’t you just ignore him? Seriously lads, it’s becoming pathetic. Don’t waste your time replying either, I’m gone.

• 49 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:28 PM

Arguably this constant baiting is what some also find off putting. I trust in regular posters and readers to be able to spot the offenders and react in an adult way.

It seems that if you don’t champion the self appointed blog police on their endless crusade you are some how lumped in with the alleged offenders.

There is currently a football related topic being spun out as I have been writing on this topic and I for one wish I hadn’t been drawn in for my two penny worth.

• 50 bettyswallocks // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Wwsbrd and Tsunki………. The evidence you provide appears to favour a not guilty verdict for Mr. Vollans and therefore leaves poor jib floundering somewhat.
    I can only say that when Ed was doing the big clean up and Jib appeared to have disappeared, I was hoping that he would re appear as I find a lot, but not all of his posts interesting and amusing. I have defended him several times when he has put his foot in ir and maybe overstepped the mark with his comments but I do feel that this blog is richer with him than without him.
    The.fact that he provokes a bit of controversy especially at a quiet time like this keeps things interesting imho.
    Maybe he should come clean and tell all but that’s his decision. Over to you Jibby.

• 51 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Gini did make a small, yet telling contribution in our last game that nobody else was able to make.

• 52 Jib // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:30 PM

I am aware that a lot more read than actually post and if Tsunki et al want to bang on and on and on and on and on it doesn’t worry me in the least.

The problem is Tsunki has backed himself right into a corner.
    If I was to produce undeniable proof that I was hacked , is he man enough to back down apologise and shut up .

I don’t think so.

You’ve seen them at work .

Mr Tuff went on about “sanddancer” being rascist , way past it being sensible and feasible and even his mate Jail for Ashley told him to shut up at the end.

It’s only a footy blog.

• 53 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:31 PM

Tsunki – It’s 3 swings and out. I am surprised you haven’t issued a charge sheet. Why are you and cohorts judge and Jury? You know that the usual suspects will back you 100% – irrespective of any mitigation you should be required to counter.
    I don’t get involved in discussions on Soaps, Adam Johnson trial etc all of which have limited appeal to many. That’s driving football bloggers away . I notice Jimmy isn’t getting sucked in because he’s a well balanced individual.
    Why not be at least honest and admit that you’re simply trying to preserve the old order. Which is what gets you support but not from me. It’s the same 2-3 trying to do the stitching up you should be ashamed- hang your head.

• 54 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM

See what you’ve done. You’ve sent poor Bobby running for a codeine.

• 55 WWSBRD // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM

That’s not true in my eyes, I’ve not seen people randomly targeted just because they offer a different opinion by those who have issues with Jeffery. If they defend him they are replied to to point out the issues he brings and his past terrible comments

As for ignoring him it’s pretty difficult when most of the blog is taken up by his posts and aggressive posting

I missed the whole clear out thing but I was not saddened by Jefferys absence

• 56 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:39 PM

Ian. What order?

Jeff – your track record is what speaks loudest. Yes if you can prove beyond doubt you were hacked by Rob Vollans, I could let that go.

As for trying to ‘police’ the blog that is not my remit or right. But if you think allowing Jib to harry and bait everyone at random is the right of free speech, then I’ll leave everyone to it.

If you check back through my posts my challenge has been for him to admit it. Move on and reform his nasty ways. I agree and have said it before, there’s room for all, perhaps even me ha ha, but there are boundaries to free speech.

• 57 WWSBRD // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:39 PM

True he got an assist for a draw but if he had been prominent through the rest of the game would we of been a goal down in the first place?

• 58 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Now I must go. Shopping. Whoop whoop!

• 59 Tsunki // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:41 PM

I’ll try and return with footy-related. No promises but I’ll do my best 🙂

• 60 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Blackley- Even you find time to talk about Huddersfield under 21’s!

• 61 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:52 PM

We were a goal down because we were awful all over the park IMO. We didn’t start to play until the last 15 minutes after Sam made changes.

I think Rafa was at a bit of a loss with how bad we are. He certainly had his eyes opened a bit further. Hopefully, he will find a way to get the best from the likes of Gini and Sissoko. These two can be match winners or match losers.

• 62 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:58 PM

I even chip in on NUFC occasionally.

• 63 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:02 PM

I, like Betty, do read and enjoy some of your posts and have no axe to grind generally.

I tried not to get into the who is right part of the dispute and was simply hoping for clarification which for the first time ( as far as I recall) you made mention of last night/early this morning.

It seemed a possible and welcome end to this intractable argument.

Fair enough. We have different views and I think personal experiences on here. I don’t blame Jib (solely or even for the most part) for what you see as most of the Blog being taken up by him and his posts.

I have been “outed” on here as a multiple ( not as one of Jeff’s supposed ones) for absolutely no good reason whatsoever (apparently my posts were in some eyes reminiscent of an others!!) so don’t share your experience at all on the even -handedness of Blog play.

Anyway am off to enjoy what remains of a wet Easter Monday 🙂

• 64 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Nice one. Stick to footy. Keep away from calling out Jib and from anything to do with corporate finance. The blog has spoken.

• 65 Hail Wor Ashley // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Another day, another dose of Rafa platitudes almost identical to the 5 interviews before it. If you’re not obligated to give an interview during these breaks, then don’t.

• 66 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Blackley- Hope you’re recommending the talent on view! Could be a job on offer come the summer.

• 67 Blackley and Brownlie // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM

What job? You mean as a carer for old man Carr?

Disclaimer: The above comment was meant purely as a joke. No malice or offence or upset was intended to Graham Carr, any member of his family, his friends, old people in general or anyone who is feeling old, for whom old age is an issue or anyone who is losing their memory a little as a result of advancing years.

• 68 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Jib– There are some bloggers on here who would like nothing more than to harp on endlessly. The men on a mission. Not sure quite what magscar means by me offering you support. That’s a Mr Tuff type comment that gets endlessly repeated as being in your camp on everything whilst I like to make a judgment based on my own experience of the blog and opinion.
    What frequently happens is that a lie will be repeated endlessly so all and sundry just repeat verbatim.

• 69 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:21 PM

The ageist police have been alerted.

• 70 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:24 PM

You’ll be banned for displaying a sense of humour.

• 71 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:29 PM

My reference to you and Welshie was simply that you 2 as far as I recall are the most frequent of supporters of Jib that sprung to my then mind. I didn’t mean that as a put down. I was merely referencing that I wasn’t one of his usual supporters nor a detractor.

• 72 Ian Toon // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM

magscar- Thank you for the explanation.

• 73 Jib // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM

To whom it may concern or interest.
    The correspondence between Ed and I at the end of June 2015 when I returned to the UK to escape the Spanish heat.
    It is in reverse order with the oldest email at the bottom.

Ed Harrison ——– 6/23/15 at 5:29 PM
    Yes – I see they posted as Jib – see if they can do it again . think I may
    have solved it.

Ed Harrison.

.On Tue, June 23, 2015 11:29 am, K C wrote:

> Hi
    > The latest crack by my doppelganger about Peter Beardsley makes
    > me think the site may have been hacked by Sunderland supporters. Ciaou

> Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    > From: “Ed Harrison”
    > To: “Kenneth Cook”
    > Subject: Re: Moderation
    > K
    From: Ed Harrison 6/23/15 at 5:25 PM

It’s not possible for people to use the same user name – and I looked to
    see if there was another jib – there isn’t.

Ed H.

On Tue, June 23, 2015 11:14 am, K C wrote:
    Of course I'll place only reasonable comments however that doesn't
    change the fact that as I'm typing this someone is using my user name
    to post lengthy non foorball related new items. In fact it was my
    doppelganger that posted the contentious stuff. I didn't think it was
    possible for 2 people to have the same user name. The issue is bigger than
    you think. Regards K
    Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    From: “Ed Harrison To: “K C”
    Subject: Re: Moderation

I am moderating your Jib comments because of complaints I have had and
    because some of the comments you have out in.

I'll be as fast as I can.
    You can promise me you will put in only reasonable comments from now on –
    and I'll lift the moderation.

Ed Harrison.
    On Tue, June 23, 2015 6:20 am, K C wrote:
    Is there any way you could speed up the moderation?
    You are rendering the whole blog meaningless for dialogue !
    It is not me who has hacked a user name.
    How can that happen ?
    K C

• 74 magscar // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for posting. On quick read it seems you did have issues but not sure if it helps or not with some of the contentions thrown at you. I will leave that to others to analyse asthey see fit as I really do have to go just hung on in case of a response to my posts.

• 75 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM

You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone on here, leave the muppets stir if they want, obviously they haven’t got anything better to do.

• 76 shaun83 // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:44 PM

I’m a bit concerned about the amount of players coming out and saying we have a chance to stay up now Rafa is in charge etc they need to realise that they have a huge part, the biggest part, to play in us staying up, only some is down to the manager. They need to accept responsibility and take accountability if we are to have a chance.

• 77 Jib // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Thanks Welshie
    Some of the decent bloggers requested proof so I obliged is all.

In the words of Mr Zimmermann.

“They just kind of wasted my precious time
    Don’t think twice it’s alright “

• 78 toonking // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM

I know what this blog needs. It needs to see the club re appoint alan pardew!

During his time as newcastle manager this blog was sure to get football discussions going. The extreme anti posts could get rude and nasty abusing pardew during the points. The extreme pros could remain extreme pro and not have much in the way of personl abuse. Whilst all that was going on the rest of the bloggers would get the posts talking about football.

As pardew has now gone the extreme nagative rude posts are getting into a way with one another. You’ve got the odd pro jibs and then a selection of extreme anti jibs.

• 79 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 2:56 PM

That’s alright, there have been days, when i have noticed comments like where’s jib blah blah blah, as if they want to make you bite first when you have been minding your own business.

• 80 VanToonMan // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM

What do people think the team should be for saturday’s game?

I really think we need Tiote in the midfield with Shelvey. Shelvey and Gini in central midfield is not strong enough – not enough protection for the back 4 and winning the ball enough in midfield – neither of them are physically the strongest.

Janmaat/Anita – – – Mbemba – – – Lascelles – – – (No idea who is fit)

– – – – – – – – – – – – – Tiote – – – – – – – -Shelvey – – – – – – – – — – – – –

Wijnaldum – – – – – – – – – – -Siem De Jong – – — – – – Townsend – – – – –

———————————-Mitrovic ————————————

Perez/Doumbia/Cisse/Sissoko on the bench and to come on as impact subs

• 81 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Will tiote be fit.

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Need to change formation, 4231 is not working, mitrovic needs someone alongside him, there’s no way shearer would have scored 260 goals up front on his own.

• 83 VanToonMan // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:07 PM

Welsh – no idea mate – players seem to get injured/disappear and not come back for ages in our squad lol

But if he is fit – I think he needs to play – we need to dominate that midfield – we didnt agains sunderland. We need to control possession in the centre of the park.

He will give fouls I agree but he is the best we have in the DM role

• 84 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Someone needs to shove a firework up shelveys arse to get him going as well.

• 85 VanToonMan // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Welsh – if we switch to 4-1-3-2 then who would you put in midfield and up top?

I guess if Tiote is fit he can sit in front of the back 4 – then townsend shelvey and wijnaldum the 3 behind Mitro and Siem?

• 86 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Either way we need to win, can’t afford to draw or lose.

• 87 Jib // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM

I think Jonjo may be given the Tiote role with Wijnaldum and De Jong playing ahead of him.

Rafa doesn’t get too hung up on strikers and mention of Vladimir Smicer in a previous article reminded me that Rafa’s teams score a hell of a lot of goals from midfielders.

• 88 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM

I don’t know what formation we should play but mitrovic needs help, was going to say 433 but my lineup is all attacking players.

• 89 VanToonMan // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:16 PM

Can Jonjo do that role though? He is meant to play the Cabaye role who had Tiote next to him.

A ball winner who then gives it simply to the passer.

I def think Siem needs to start – he will help us keep more possession.

• 90 bettyswallocks // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM

In my opinion people who use this blog first and foremost share a common love/ obsession for NUFC . To indulge in discussion, disagreement, banter, p..s taking, etc. is all part and parcel of life as a footy fan. Not to have to tread on egg shells fot fear of offending someone and not getting too bogged down with political correctness makes commenting on here more appealing to me than making polite conversation with the people I have to deal with on a daily basis.

The vibes on here make it clear that most of us are genuinely worried about the threat of relegation, so to interact on here with others who share similar emotions is better than festering inwardly or taking it out on family. We can’t all have the same views or behavioural patterns so as long as there is nothing too blatantly offensive being posted , I suggest we all enjoy the craic and ignore the posters that irritate us.

• 91 welshgeordie9 // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:19 PM

When we finished 5th one season, up front in a 433 formation, we had Cisse Ba Ben Arfa, so why don’t we go with Perz Mitrovic, Gini, then behind them Townsend, Shelvey, sissoko.

previous post: Benitez Addresses The Leadership Issue At Newcastle