The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Striker Has Trained All Week – Feels Very Very Good

9:06 am, Friday, April 1st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 6 Comments

It’s good news that Papiss Cisse is fully fit again and he says he feels very very good after training all week – and he’s one player who could start scoring the goals for us during the run-in.

Four years ago at this time after joining us from SC Freiburg for around £9M he scored 13 goals in his first 14 appearances for the side and that  kind of goal-scoring would guarantee Newcastle stay up this season.

Papiss+Cisse+Newcastle+United+v+Liverpool+fpxHTP2CPd0l

Papiss Cisse – fully fit again

This is what Papiss has said about being out so long injured this season:

“It’s difficult for my mind. It’s very difficult.” “I need to be positive. I know I’ve had injuries. I need to work hard with the physios. They do a good job.”

“For me, I need to be focused. It’s not easy, but it’s the only way I can go.”  “I’m very, very good. I feel good. I train all week.”

“I’m here and I have a chance to train all week during the international break.”

Papiss picked up the groin injury in the first half in the home game against bottom of the league Aston Villa back on 19th December, which ended in a 1-1 draw and that was two more points dropped by Newcastle.

Papiss has been out for about 15 weeks with the groin injury.

🙁

But it’s very good to have him back.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Norwich City?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Injuries · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse · Poll · Prayer · Premier League

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 SPRINGY // Apr 1, 2016 at 9:12 AM

i think cisse’s lack of control,first touch puts him down the pecking order…possibly even below the likes of riveire

• 2 SPRINGY // Apr 1, 2016 at 9:17 AM

he is a goal scorer no doubt,but in this formation rafa seems to prefer, a striker who can receive the ball,bring others into the game and hold it up seems to be his preferred choice.

• 3 JP...from The Rock // Apr 1, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Doumbia should be playing ahead of him and Riviere. Doumbia and Mitro should be starting with Perez on the LW in place of Sissoko. Or Perez to come on as an impact sub. But Doumbia has the pace and finishing abilty we arr craving. It beggars belief that hthe hasn’t played more than 5 min here and there. He must be match fit now surely.

• 4 SPRINGY // Apr 1, 2016 at 9:34 AM

jp
    can only think he’s not as good as we all hoped he would be…he might not be a premier league player,to get next to no playing time in a side struggling to score is either fitness or quality and like you say,he should be fit by now.

• 5 Blofal // Apr 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Doumbia just had a massive falling out with the international team and walked out. Might be problems with his attitude there.

• 6 SPRINGY // Apr 1, 2016 at 9:39 AM

blofal
    he never seemed to be first choice for his country even when he was on a hot streak at cska,so there might be something in that.

previous post: Is This Newcastle’s Best Team For Norwich?

next post: Manager Does Excellent Training Sessions – They’re Brilliant