The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Striker Explains What’s Necessary To Survive

3:18 pm, Monday, April 4th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

Aleksandar Mitrovic came on as a substitute in the second half, scored two good goals and was easily our Man of the Match on Saturday at Carrow Road in what was the worst result possible for Newcastle – a 3-2 defeat to our relegation rivals.

Mitro had an excellent game and what we liked most of all was his spirit and passion and some of our other players could do worse than look at Mitro as an example of the effort we need if we are to have any chance of avoiding relegation.

Aleksandar+Mitrovic+Norwich+City+v+Newcastle+bU_v8ATuFZOl

Aleksandar Mitrovic scoring from the penalty spot on Saturday

Unfortunately the way things stand at the moment, things do not look very good at all and unless we can start winning games our relegation could even be confirmed before the last game of the season.

This is what Aleksandar had to say on nufcTV after the game:

“I came from the bench, I scored two goals and I hope I helped my team a little to play better football than in the first half.” “In the first half, we didn’t play like we want but the second half was really good and we didn’t deserve to lose the game.”

“But we lost, and we need to move on and prepare for the next game.” “It’s much better if you score goals and you win. I don’t need to score if we win games.” “But it’s good for me, of course, and I hope I will continue with my goals.”

“The best way to move on is to win the next game.” “It will be difficult, Southampton away, but we must stay strong in our heads. It’s difficult now but we need to start winning games.”

“Our fans were amazing, like always. I hope they will stay with us for these seven games because we will need them now more than ever.” “With them, I think anything is possible.”

This is the situation at the bottom of the Premier League right now and it doesn’t look too good for us.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
Crystal Palace38-1242
16Bournemouth38-2242
17Sunderland38-1439
18Newcastle38-2137
19 Norwich38-2834
20Aston Villa38-4917

Tags: Aleksandar Mitrovic · Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Prayer · Premier League

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 sweendog // Apr 4, 2016 at 3:25 PM

well played Mitro, I’ve a good feeling about sat.

• 2 Jib // Apr 4, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Watford’s players minds are definitely at Wembley.
    Anyone of the teams in Ed’s graphic could get pulled into the dogfight

Pearson admitted that Leicester at the end of last season played some teams whose players already had their flip-flops on.

Only 7 games left
    Looks like we are staying up with 46 points

• 3 beermonkey // Apr 4, 2016 at 3:39 PM

jib

is it just called bulldog now the old oprc

i installed bulldog streams looks the same

• 4 jimiley // Apr 4, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Somebody blogged we need 4 wins to stay up. Oh really, and who is the medium who has determined Norwich will fold??? Four wins will give us 37 points and Norwich currently have 31 points and a superior goal difference. So they are not going to win two games? We will win 4 because teams do not try at the end of the season. But they will conveniently try against Norwich coz they like us? Most sides would rather have Norwich stay up because we are the loud mouthed big cheeses (their perception not my view)with the obnoxious owner. If anything they will try harder against us. And Rafa is not staying. I cannot believe how people grasp at straws. He would not stay for 6 million a year and I doubt he would stay if MA handed him the ownership. The chances of him staying are no higher than 10%. A betting man would put a fortune on him going

• 5 Essex Geordie Bill // Apr 4, 2016 at 3:50 PM

I’m minded of the film “The Last Starfighter” where the hero said to his co-pilot “the odds are hopeless” (something like that anyway) who replied “that’s the spirit”

They were seriously outnumbered but the co-pilot was chuffed when he thought the hero meant the other way round.

Brilliant just like a lot of optimistic Toon fans. (Including me 🙂 )

• 6 jayphoto // Apr 4, 2016 at 3:53 PM

I reckon we need 4 wins and a draw allowing us 2 defeats.
    My money would be on those defeats being Southampton and Liverpool.
    Such a hard task, but stranger things have happened.
    Think really we needed 4 points from our last 2 games though so to take only 1 is a big blow

• 7 Jib // Apr 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM

beer
    It’s called Bulldog Streams
    the old http “reposhit football” or whatever it was called should get you there

• 8 Hail Wor Ashley // Apr 4, 2016 at 4:08 PM

If we stay up I’ll buy JfAs season ticket for next season – it’s just not happening.

• 9 Jib // Apr 4, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Beer
    It should have a graphic like this

previous post: Newcastle Player´s Comments Mask Massive Internal Problems